• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
While Shovel Knight and Shantae are incredibly unlikely indeed I don't think it's really necessary to talk **** about them like that. Besides [most] of their supporters know that they're pretty unlikely anyway.

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
Do you guys remember how Devil's Third was delisted on the NOA eshop page and that Nintendo wouldn't even talk about it? I guess people found out the reason why.
I still say he knows at least some info on Smash with the sources he knows...
EDIT: :4greninja:'d

Last edited:

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Apparently Nintendo of America doesn't want to publish Devil's Third out of fear it won't sell. Nintendo? You announced Federation Force before an actual Metroid game despite being fully aware of fan demand. This is dumb
On one hand, I can't blame them considering how quite a few of their big third party titles have sold.

On the other hand, lol.

D

Deleted member

Apparently Nintendo of America doesn't want to publish Devil's Third out of fear it won't sell. Nintendo? You announced Federation Force before an actual Metroid game despite being fully aware of fan demand. This is dumb
Yeah, doing dumb stuff isn't new to Nintendo though :p
Like casually announcing a new Star Fox last year instead of dropping a hype bomb this year

Burb

The Absolute Worst
Okay, here you can see this guy's chin...

His chin is long and thin, while Honda's is completely different.
So it definitely is not Honda.

This means it is a new character!... Our first one, I believe!
Hopefully not named Eisbahn!...
It's Alex.

He just dyed his hair black and dresses differently because he's depressed that he can't defeat Ryu.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I don't think there's a single DLC candidate who's chances are more exaggerated than Shantae's.

She's a no chance character that people consider highly likely just because her creator was begging for votes on Twitter. It's ridiculous.
Not to mention the tweets themselves.

Literally anyone could do character recolors with some patience.

And of course, "see you in Smash" is false hype incarnate.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
The Gravity Falls game looks pretty decent, and knowing that it's made with the UbiArt engine makes me more interested. Even though I haven't been keeping up with it, Gravity Falls is a great show.

Yeah put federation force probably will sell better :smirk:

and based on those insider reports it will probably BE better too. of course distancing themselves from the project and not publishing a 3rd party title that clearly isnt kddie may actually be less helpful for publicity. we'll see how bad it is

Funny that you mention this.

There was a problem fetching the tweet
I swear if they are doing ANOTHER 3rd party :/

AreJay25

Judging from the name I'm assuming that's some sort of Ubisoft-made graphic engine also used by Rayman Origins/Legends?
That's correct.

Funny thing is that this engine was originally going to be available to use for everyone. Doesn't seem like it will...

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
Dear Smashboards, stop cutting my posts in half!
Yadda yadda they leaked Isaac but aren't doing him, yadda yadda angry fangirl, yadda yadda Smashified twatting around
So Layton has the possibility of being next.
I want to know if they even listen to the requests for Isaac.
A high quality render would be wonderful for signatures.

Last edited:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I don't mind them doing another third party if said third party is Professor Layton. :)

I really want to make a Smash 4 styled Layton 3D model myself. :/

The remix sounds pretty cool too.

Last edited:

AreJay25

Nope, I'm pretty sure we're set for third parties this game.

And in the remote chance there is any left, I'd expect them to be from Sonic or a Namco IP.
You see, the only problem with this is that Rayman is already in the game.

It's literally just a matter of them getting the a-okay from Ubisoft. I'm not saying he's guaranteed to happen, but he's the one with the highest chances atm.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
So all that Rayman hype from February is thrown out the window?
I don't think some guy's hoax should result in Sakurai being forced to put Rayman in Smash due to fan expectation.

You see, the only problem with this is that Rayman is already in the game.

It's literally just a matter of them getting the a-okay from Ubisoft. I'm not saying he's guaranteed to happen, but he's the one with the highest chances atm.
It's a two way street, man.

While the fact that he's in the game already makes him more likely than most third parties, it also means that he was fresh on Sakurai and company's mind during development and was given a trophy instead of a spot on the roster. And judging from the comments made about the trophy, it's likely he was always planned to have that role.

I know he can (and does) change his mind, but I just don't think it'll be happening here.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom