• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I really don't think wolf is coming back i think once again people are overestimating a characters change of making it in.If im wrong call me out on it but imo if wolf was gonna come back he would have already
If Wolf doesn't come back I'm going to ****ing riot. He was more popular than Lucas and has an upcoming release.Sakurai is a ****ing idiot if he doesn't make Wolf pre-ballot

Burb

The Absolute Worst
The only reason he wouldn't be in is if Sakurai flat out hates him, remember this is what Wolf is currently like in Smash 4,

Don't forget he says everything he said in Brawl, just to add extra salt.
I've also noticed that even his trophy looks really subpar, he just looks so jagged at parts, plus there are a few modeling errors that suggest it was rushed, plus his 3 themes and Fox's "Wolf Flash" don't exactly leave a good taste in the fans mouths, the songs may be good, but its pretty much Roy's hope X3 without Wolf there. While the Japanese version more fittingly calls it Fox Flash, the localization team calling it Wolf flash may not have been intentional, but it wasn't a good move, plus you can't use custom moves in For Glory. He'll also be on the cover for Star Fox Zero, more accurately trying to kill Fox on the cover

If Sakurai doesn't give us Wolf, I'll just turn to the hackers to hack him in.
Sakurai doesn't hate Wolf. :facepalm: The fact that he was ever playable in Smash to begin with is proof of the contrary.

I want him back as DLC more than any other character and was really bummed when news broke that he was cut; but I can understand why it happened. His being low priority is 100% justified.

If Wolf doesn't come back I'm going to ****ing riot. He was more popular than Lucas and has an upcoming release.Sakurai is a ****ing idiot if he doesn't make Wolf pre-ballot
Pre-ballot is more than likely done.

And Lucas and Wolf's popularity was pretty neck and neck. I'd much rather have Wolf back and wouldn't have cared too much if Lucas had remained cut, but it wasn't a stupid decision by any means. For all we know, the data the developers put together on what characters the fans want may have shown Lucas to be the more popular of the two.

Last edited:

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
Whoever side wins gets to pick the other person's avatar for two months. So if Wolf gets released as DLC before 2016, I will tell you what avatar you get to have for two months. Vice versa if I'm wrong.

I can raise the stakes if you want.
Works for me!

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Any thoughts on a possible August reveal of content?

It doesn't have to be a character, it could be some more info on stages or modes.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ubers-248115907

omg

I had this battle and LONG LIVE FORRETRESS

on topic,
I do want another Brawl veteran back.
We got 2 from Melee, Only seems fair.
But hey that's my Brawl Bias at it again.
Ehhh, well Mewtwo WAS the most popular cut vet.

although if I could choose another brawl vet it'd be squirtle and ivysaur

idc if it's 2 make squirtle ride ivysaur or something like some cheap duck hunt

D

Deleted member

Works for me!
Then it's a deal.

The bet will last until one of the following happens:
- Wolf gets confirmed for DLC before 2016 (whoever wins depends on when Wolf releases)
- Wolf gets disconfirmed as DLC
- DLC is announced to be finished
- 2015 ends with no Wolf announcement for DLC
Any thoughts on a possible August reveal of content?

It doesn't have to be a character, it could be some more info on stages or modes.
My prediction is that we will see no characters but we will definitely see content in the August update. I'm expecting Tournament Mode, YouTube upload feature, Hyrule Castle (N64), Peach's Castle (N64), and of course a balance update.

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
Sakurai doesn't hate Wolf. :facepalm: The fact that he was ever playable in Smash to begin with is proof of the contrary.

I want him back as DLC more than any other character and was really bummed when news broke that he was cut; but I can understand why it happened. His being low priority is 100% justified.

Pre-ballot is more than likely done.

And Lucas and Wolf's popularity was pretty neck and neck. I'd much rather have Wolf back and wouldn't have cared too much if Lucas had remained cut, but it wasn't a stupid decision by any means. For all we know, the data the developers put together on what characters the fans want may have shown Lucas to be the more popular of the two.
Low priority for the main game is fine and I understand that, but if he's not preplanned DLC, then why put all that stuff in that looks like placeholder stuff? I'm just as confused as you my friend. Lets just vote for him anyway and hope he gets in

Burb

The Absolute Worst
Low priority for the main game is fine and I understand that, but if he's not preplanned DLC, then why put all that stuff in that looks like placeholder stuff? I'm just as confused as you my friend. Lets just vote for him anyway and hope he gets in
What placeholder stuff? The special moves? That's not a placeholder. They just gave a cut character's moves to a character who made it in the game.

It was only one move, anyway. Ness had at least two of Lucas' moves as customs (Possibly more, I don't remember if his PK Fire or PK Thunder were present). Even if this was some sort of factor (it's not), Lucas had more "placeholder moves" than Wolf.

Ehhh, well Mewtwo WAS the most popular cut vet.

although if I could choose another brawl vet it'd be squirtle and ivysaur

idc if it's 2 make squirtle ride ivysaur or something like some cheap duck hunt
He wasn't just the most popular cut vet, he was the most popular pick, period.

Last edited:

Thelimomon

Smash Journeyman
Then it's a deal.

The bet will last until one of the following happens:
- Wolf gets confirmed for DLC before 2016 (whoever wins depends on when Wolf releases)
- Wolf gets disconfirmed as DLC
- DLC is announced to be finished
- 2015 ends with no Wolf announcement for DLC
My prediction is that we will see no characters but we will definitely see content in the August update. I'm expecting Tournament Mode, YouTube upload feature, Hyrule Castle (N64), Peach's Castle (N64), and of course a balance update.
So, Is this bet just for you two?
Because, I'd like to enter the bet, too.

Basically, side "Wolf before 2016" and side "Wolf after 2015, or not at all."

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
What placeholder stuff? The special moves? That's not a placeholder. They just gave a cut character's moves to a character who made it in the game.

It was only one move, anyway. Ness had at least two of Lucas' moves as customs (Possibly more, I don't remember if his PK Fire or PK Thunder were present). Even if this was some sort of factor (it's not), Lucas had more "placeholder moves" than Wolf.

He wasn't just the most popular cut vet, he was the most popular pick, period.
I meant the codec model, compared to all the others it does look kind of place holderish.

^This is more Five Nights at Wolf's material.

Last edited:

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
How is it weird?

Falco releases the wave after the Mii amiibo, doesn't he? If anything, it'd be weirder if he didn't have a later number than them.
The number is not the weird part. Yes, he comes out after so it's fair for him to have a later number. That's logical.

It's the fact that Falco debuted in the second Smash game fourteen years ago, has been a fairly popular chararacter overall since then, and, as DoodleDuck pointed out, his counterpart from his home series released as the 6th in the amiibo line. It's odd that they delayed Falco, and somewhat suspicious, considering they haven't lined up any other character's amiibo with a game from their own franchise. I think that's what we're all guessing here, right? That Falco is delayed to coincide with Star Fox Zero's relese. We weren't even sure if Miis would get amiibo, and yet here they are, available for purchase before a main stay character in Smash.

Last edited:
so nintendo of Japan showed a new trailer for fire emblem If/Fates. I think this is the 3rd version.

im pretty sure it's 90% spoilers lol

Last edited:

Burb

The Absolute Worst
Alright. The number is not the weird part. Yes, he comes out after so it's fair for him to have a later number. You know what I was referring to.
Uhhh....no, I genuinely didn't. If I knew what you were referring to, there wouldn't be any confusion. You guys were mentioning the numbers specifically, so I thought you meant the numbers, not Falco's actual release timing.

Like, what difference does the number make? We already knew a month ago that Falco was releasing months after the Mii Fighters wave.

I meant the codec model, compared to all the others it does look kind of place holderish.

^This is more Five Nights at Wolf's material.
That......doesn't make any sense whatsoever.

Maybe the model sucks because they made it just for the Lylat Cruise conversation?

Even if he is planned as DLC, I don't see how this is proof. I don't think they'd even replace the model, considering they left the Mewtwo and Lucas trophies alone and added new ones rather than replacing those.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
so nintendo of Japan showed a new trailer for fire emblem If/Fates. I think this is the 3rd version.

im pretty sure it's 90% spoilers lol

Hmm...Looks very spoiler-y
*shows off something at the end*
Yep. Not as bad as Xenoblade's 3DS trailer, which had the final boss and a plot twist spoiled. Don't watch it unless you want spoilers

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
His cat is not pleased by that new purchase.

''I AM YOUR BABY, GOD DAMN IT. NOT THIS PINK *******."

Burb

The Absolute Worst

Actually, looking back at the Lylat Cruise conversations, these aren't even models. They're pictures with animated mouths. Just like in the actual Star Fox games.

It doesn't look bad because it's a "placeholder model", it looks bad because it's a picture of Wolf's head that's completely motionless other than his mouth and blinking eyes.

Last edited:

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
Uhhh....no, I genuinely didn't. If I knew what you were referring to, there wouldn't be any confusion. You guys were mentioning the numbers specifically, so I thought you meant the numbers, not Falco's actual release timing.

Like, what difference does the number make? We already knew a month ago that Falco was releasing months after the Mii Fighters wave.

That......doesn't make any sense whatsoever.

Maybe the model sucks because they made it just for the Lylat Cruise conversation?

Even if he is planned as DLC, I don't see how this is proof. I don't think they'd even replace the model, considering they left the Mewtwo and Lucas trophies alone and added new ones rather than replacing those.
As a Wolf Secondary.
Even I am having my doubts.
I don't want to have doubts but I do.
Then again they might be holding him off to promote the crap out of Star Fox (please note this is extreme straw grasping)
They are holding Falco's Amiibo back. They are physically separating him from the original cast of Europe's Amiibo numbers.
:4gaw:(45):4rob:(46):4duckhunt:(47):4miibrawl:(46):4miigun:(49):4miisword:(50)
Why Falco a melee veteran of all things.
Unless they ironically bundle him with SF Zero. (F Zero ;.; )
Now I hope they do promote the ever living life out of it because the Wii U needs these pushes now more than ever.
Wolf being used to cross promote is extremely unlikely (Could be an Inkling scenario sort of thing)
But I am in a somewhat different boat. He's a veteran for one. The one most people actually go out and say will be certain.
He could be an extremely good option to bundle with the game.
Now I must admit. If he doesn't come soon. I might give up hope. I'm lucky enough to have Lucas.
I can't complain for anymore. I want Wolf back though. I really, really do.
Also CrashBoards what's going on here.....
Did you not read my post Burb......

Last edited:

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9

I edited my original post before you commented.

The number is weird for the same reason, even if it coincides with release dates. If you put your figures in order of release date, Falco at dead last in the set feels very out of place. It means no difference to me, though. I live in America and there isn't numbering on my box art, but I'm not an in-box collector regardless. The DLC characters will come after him though, so it will fit better in the long run, but Falco being the very last of the amiibo of the base game characters is still bizarre. Like I said, my best guess is that he's meant to coincide with Star Fox Zero, but they haven't done that with any other character in the Smash Bros. amiibo line.

Last edited:

Burb

The Absolute Worst
Did you not read my post Burb......
Yup, I did.

As a Wolf Secondary.
Even I am having my doubts.
I don't want to have doubts but I do.
Then again they might be holding him off to promote the crap out of Star Fox (please note this is extreme straw grasping)
They are holding Falco's Amiibo back. They are physically separating him from the original cast of Europe's Amiibo numbers.
:4gaw:(45):4rob:(46):4duckhunt:(47):4miibrawl:(46):4miigun:(49):4miisword:(50)
Why Falco a melee veteran of all things.
Unless they ironically bundle him with SF Zero. (F Zero ;.; )
Now I hope they do promote the ever living life out of it because the Wii U needs these pushes now more than ever.
Wolf being used to cross promote is extremely unlikely (Could be an Inkling scenario sort of thing)
But I am in a somewhat different boat. He's a veteran for one. The one most people actually go out and say will be certain.
He could be an extremely good option to bundle with the game.
Now I must admit. If he doesn't come soon. I might give up hope. I'm lucky enough to have Lucas.
I can't complain for anymore. I want Wolf back though. I really, really do.
Also CrashBoards what's going on here.....
You're talking about numbers. Not waves. Numbers.

What I'm asking is, why do you guys find it weird that he's separated from them in numbering? We've known for a month now that he was inexplicably being released months after them.

Like, why weren't you shocked when it was news?

Nintendo: Falco is in Wave 7 which will be released this Holiday season, everyone else is in Wave 6.
You guys: Oh, kk
Nintendo of Europe: Falco's number on the box is after the Mii Fighters
You guys: OMFGWTFBBQ WHY IS HE BEING HELD OFF!?!?!?!?

I edited my original post before you commented.

The number is weird for the same reason, even if it coincides with release dates. If you put your figures in order of release date, Falco at the very end of the set feels very out of place. It means no difference to me, though. I live in America and there isn't numbering on my box art, but I'm not an in-box collector regardless. The DLC characters will come after him though, so it will fit better in the long run, but Falco being the very last of the amiibo of the base game characters is still bizarre. Like I said, my best guess is that he's meant to coincide with Star Fox Zero, but they haven't done that with any other character in the Smash Bros. amiibo line.
And my point is, how is it any weirder than Falco being released in December to begin with?

It's weird he was held off, but you should've expected his number to be at the end of the list. Given the timing of his release, it'd make less sense to put his number higher on the list even though he's being released after them.

Last edited:

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
And my point is, how is it any weirder than Falco being released in December to begin with?

It's weird he was held off, but you should've expected his number to be at the end of the list. Given the timing of his release, it'd make less sense to put his number higher on the list even though he's being released after them.
Correct me if I'm wrong here, Doodle, but I think I speak for both of us when I say that the numbers are more just spurring the conversation again that it's weird that Falco is delayed.

His number feels wrong, even if it's based on release date and is correct. It's just a matter of looking at it now that we have it.

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
Yup, I did.

I

You're talking about numbers. Not waves. Numbers.

What I'm asking is, why do you guys find it weird that he's separated from them in numbering? We've known for a month now that he was inexplicably being released months after them.

Like, why weren't you shocked when it was news?

Nintendo: Falco is in Wave 7 which will be released this Holiday season, everyone else is in Wave 6.
You guys: Oh, kk
Nintendo of Europe: Falco's number on the box is after the Mii Fighters
You guys: OMFGWTFBBQ WHY IS HE BEING HELD OFF!?!?!?!?

I believe it has to do with the fact that if Falco is being held off, there is a potential of a Wolf amiibo to be sloted right in the same wave. Major waves usually consist of 6-8 amiibos. Considering its the holiday season, Nintendo probably wants more money from Amiibos. So if Wolf is confirmed, it kind of makes sense to have him in the same wave as Falco or in terms of Amiibo number.

Last edited:

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
I believe it has to do with the fact that if Falco is being held off, there is a potential of a wolf amiibo to be sloted right in the same wave. Major waves usually consist of 6-8 amiibos. Considering its the holiday season, Nintendo probably wants more money from Amiibos. So if Wolf is confirmed, it kind of make sense to have him in the same wave as Falco.
Well, I think the realistic answer to this is: no, it's not going to happen.
Even IF Wolf is planned, having his amiibo out is possible this year, but largely unfeasible due to the amount of time it would take to go through the whole process. It would be rushed, and there's not an incredibly pressing reason to push for Wolf when they have Falco.

We were discussing this before, and this is the conclusion I've come to.

Last edited:

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
Considering Mewtwo's amiibo is already done, as we've seen at SDCC, with no release date in sight, i don't think it's out of the ordinary to see Falco and Wolf (should he be revealed in August) be in the same wave.

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
Considering Mewtwo's amiibo is already done, as we've seen at SDCC, with no release date in sight, i don't think it's out of the ordinary to see Falco and Wolf (should he be revealed in August) be in the same wave.
Mewtwo has been basically completed since I think February when Sakurai said that. Either then or March. That's a lot longer when Wolf didn't show up before Roy or in any leaked data, so.. I'm not counting it out 100% and will legitimately laugh if it happens, but I think it's pretty unlikely.

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
Been a little busy lately. Have I missed anything?

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
Well, I think the realistic answer to this is: no, it's not going to happen.
Even IF Wolf is planned, having his amiibo out is possible this year, but largely unfeasible due to the amount of time it would take to go through the whole process. It would be rushed, and there's not an incredibly pressing reason to push for Wolf when they have Falco.

We were discussing this before, and this is the conclusion I've come to.
I believe it really has do to with what the development team is doing. We really have no idea what goes behind closed doors. Sakurai always said the development team is relatively smaller, but they developed Roy, Ryu, Lucas and Mewtwo at the same time. So its probably safe to say the could probably be developing Wolf along side other ballot characters. All of this is just pure speculation at this point and Sakurai has lied to us before. There's really no doubt in my mind that Wolf is coming back, no matter what Sakurai says. There would be an empty void if he wasn't there. It just has to happen. But if he doesn't come back, I can assure you I will hit my head so hard I'll think this is all a crazy dream.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom