• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122
Where did you get that belt and that awesome artwork to the right?
i got the belt from gamestop when i went to pick up smash 4 wii u at its release. the artwork i bought at Megacon this year.

Oh...really? That is a strange misunderstanding. It could go either way though.
I honestly do not always enjoy Falcon's voice because it reminds me of For Glory scrubs.

Every time I see a photograph of a Lucina amiibo I die inside.
sorry, didn't mean to sadden you.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
I think he meant mainstream games.

I totally agree--stages/ music / items are by far the best way to represent these spinoffs. My post was merely aimed at those people who believe Daisy should get in to represent the side games themselves.

Like you mention, the very idea of representing these side games is a very important question.

I have little faith in Waluigis chances.
I have way more faith in Waluigi than I have in Daisy. He seemed to be trolling the Waluigi fans pretty hard this game.

"Pic of the day. Once again, Waluigi's Assist Trophy joins the collection!! …Which also means he's not a playable character. Just because you try hard doesn't mean you'll make it into the battle."

While obviously this doesn't mean he'll ever be playable necessarily, at least Sakurai cares about him enough to troll his fans. Combine that with the fact that he already has the Assist Trophy version of the moveset that Daisy fans claim could be hers, I'd say Waluigi's chances of being in Smash (in a future game) are far higher.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
I have way more faith in Waluigi than I have in Daisy. He seemed to be trolling the Waluigi fans pretty hard this game.

"Pic of the day. Once again, Waluigi's Assist Trophy joins the collection!! …Which also means he's not a playable character. Just because you try hard doesn't mean you'll make it into the battle."

While obviously this doesn't mean he'll ever be playable necessarily, at least Sakurai cares about him enough to troll his fans. Combine that with the fact that he already has the Assist Trophy version of the moveset that Daisy fans claim could be hers, I'd say Waluigi's chances of being in Smash (in a future game) are far higher.
I don't think he's trolling, he's been upfront with the fans. There's little to no hope for Waluigi unless theirs a major development with his character, or if there's no one else to add to the roster, in my opinion.

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122
man the miiverse stage can get out of hand sometimes. i just saw a post with rosalina being naked with her breast covered and luma covering her privates and saying "focus on the battle!". i don't know whether to post it or not but man its hilarious. i would've thought nintendo censors these sort of things.

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
I don't think he's trolling, he's been upfront with the fans. There's little to no hope for Waluigi unless theirs a major development with his character, or if there's no one else to add to the roster, in my opinion.
What if Nintendo does their own version of Goldeneye, but instead make it about Waluigi being a spy, and using his vine whip and nifty gadgets to complete his missions.

Plus they could call the game 00
a parody of 007. Waluigi would be agent double-o gamma, or in his words Agent double-o WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! Someone make me some double-o WAA fanart NOW!

Last edited:

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
Morning Folks.
So I must ask who said there wouldn't be a smash reveal at SDCC.
Because there sort of is:

:4mewtwo:(insert screams for Mewtwo Amiibo here):4mewtwo:
Mewtwo looking absolutely amazing in Amiibo form.
EDIT: Can't wait for my boy, hopefully has the same size eyes as good ol Ness.:4ness::4lucas:

Last edited:

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117

I really want to know what the original All Star plans were.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I really want to know what the original All Star plans were.
I've noticed how a lot of ATs now can be attacked, so it might have something to do with that.

I'd guess Assists would appear in the matching stage for their debut year.

I've noticed that, unlike Melee and Brawl, there are no items in All-Star mode. Maybe Assist Trophies would be restricted by the stage? For example, for stage 5 (2001-2006), the Assists available would be restricted to characters debuting in the same year span such as Lyn (2003) or Nintendog (2005).

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I've noticed how a lot of ATs now can be attacked, so it might have something to do with that.

I'd guess Assists would appear in the matching stage for their debut year.

I've noticed that, unlike Melee and Brawl, there are no items in All-Star mode. Maybe Assist Trophies would be restricted by the stage? For example, for stage 5 (2001-2006), the Assists available would be restricted to characters debuting in the same year span such as Lyn (2003) or Nintendog (2005).
If AT's appeared in All Star I would never be able to beat it.

I'd like a 'bonus round' kind of thing where you have to take on say 10 AT's in a row and survive.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
This.
I would have been all for Assist Trophies being tied to their debut games in All-Star but it did not happen. Maybe it was a mistranslation.
Japanese: ファイターを支援するアシストフィギュアも登場します。こちらでもオールスター戦の要素ですから、なるべく盛り込んで行きたいですね

Assist figures also appear to assist the fighters. Since they are also part of the All-Star battle, I wanted to include as much as possible.

It is possible that Sakurai meant All-Star as a general term and not the mode.

I'll add this information to my "Sakurai Didn't Say That Post!"

EDIT: I realized I missed the でも when translating. It changes the meaning, making it more likely that Sakurai meant the general term and not the mode.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Japanese: ファイターを支援するアシストフィギュアも登場します。こちらでもオールスター戦の要素ですから、なるべく盛り込んで行きたいですね
Assist figures also appear to assist the fighters. Since they are part of the All-Star battle, I wanted to include as much as possible.
It is possible that Sakurai meant All-Star as a general term and not the mode.
I'll add this information to my "Sakurai Didn't Say That Post!"
Hm...I really do just wish you could summon Assist Trophies manually as a summon gauge or a separate mode or something...

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
The European version of the Direct has the subtitles saying "They're a part of the All-Star Mode, so I would like to include as many as possible." (NoE doesn't dub the Japanese, unlike NoA.)

Source: http://www.nintendo.co.uk/Misc-/Nin...Smash-Bros-Direct-April-8th-2014--872956.html

So, @ PushDustIn PushDustIn , this is basically a mistranslation on Nintendo's part... Huh, not even official sources are perfect. :p
I'm going to put this as a possible mistranslation. It's possible that Sakurai meant the All-Star cast, and not the mode. He doesn't explicitly state All-Star mode in Japanese. His had bad word choice, IMO. Also, he introduces the ATs themselves right after saying that, which further points to this being a possible mistranslation.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
I dunno about that. Sakurai's certainly not above trolling a set of fans (Chrom). At the very least, he did acknowledge Waluigi in the context of being a playable fighter.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
I dunno about that. Sakurai's certainly not above trolling a set of fans (Chrom). At the very least, he did acknowledge Waluigi in the context of being a playable fighter.
Yeah, saying that he wouldn't be a fighter :troll:

He said the same thing about Skull Kid, just in a different way.

With Chrom, I think it was more having fun at Chrom's/ Sakurais expense as he almost got in. He said Intelligent Systems really enjoyed his Chrom bullying. I really think with Chrom, Sakurai thought fans would join in on the fun.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
With Chrom, I think it was more having fun at Chrom's/ Sakurais expense as he almost got in. He said Intelligent Systems really enjoyed his Chrom bullying. I really think with Chrom, Sakurai thought fans would join in on the fun.
Unfortunately, the Smash fanbase is more easily described as:

What is this 'fun' you're talking about? This is Smash Bros.! It is serious business.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
A though occurred to me, we have a pretty godd idea where characters stand in English and Japanese fan-polls but what about French, German, Spanish or Portuguese? That would cover most of South America, that bit in the middle of Europe that everyone blames for the world wars and part of Canada.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
A though occurred to me, we have a pretty godd idea where characters stand in English and Japanese fan-polls but what about French, German, Spanish or Portuguese? That would cover most of South America, that bit in the middle of Europe that everyone blames for the world wars and part of Canada.
Spanish got the most results besides English/ Japanese in my mega Smash poll.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
Waluigi is even less important to the main Mario series than Daisy is.

I don't see him ever being anything more than an Assist Trophy. And he was lucky to have gotten even that, in my opinion.

Last edited:

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Waluigi is even less important to the main Mario series than Daisy is.

I don't see him ever being anything more than an Assist Trophy. And he was lucky to have gotten even that, in my opinion.
Being an Assist Trophy is better than being nothing. Like Daisy is, was and ever will be.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Let's all agree that Waluigi and Daisy are both irrelevant characters who are mostly there to fill roster spots for Mario Kart/Party/Sports games.

And kinda true since more and more people are pushing for Captain Toad over those two who's been there for a while longer than him

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Even though I think she's literally the biggest nobody ever, I'm surprised Peach's Daisy alt didn't get the Alph/Koopalings treatment.

I mean, the Toad mightn't make a whole lot of sense, but still.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
Being an Assist Trophy is better than being nothing. Like Daisy is, was and ever will be.
I dunno, she got it pretty good in Melee.

Waluigi's palette options for Luigi and Mario are just simple palette swaps. Daisy's Melee one actually resulted in significant changes. While this sort of thing isn't really major in regard to Smash 4 (not to mention Peach's Daisy outfit no longer results in changes this drastic in Brawl/SSB4), it's a pretty big deal for Melee.....it's the one of the only two costumes in the game that aren't just palette swaps.

I don't think he's that much better off.

Let's all agree that Waluigi and Daisy are both irrelevant characters who are mostly there to fill roster spots for Mario Kart/Party/Sports games.

And kinda true since more and more people are pushing for Captain Toad over those two who's been there for a while longer than him
Agreed.

Though Captain Toad was (and still is) a fad character like Impa and Sceptile. I'm quite certain his popularity isn't gonna carry over to the next Smash unless he gets his own series rather than just a one-off game.

Even though I think she's literally the biggest nobody ever, I'm surprised Peach's Daisy alt didn't get the Alph/Koopalings treatment.

I mean, the Toad mightn't make a whole lot of sense, but still.
She's not even the biggest Mario nobody who gets requested for Smash.

Last edited:

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium
T...Too...Toon Zelda.
And she actually looks Real.

Give it to Me. :drflip:
You made my heart spike, dude. I thought one of my most wanted DLC characters got leaked via Amiibo. :laugh:

Anyway, I managed to pick up a Ness Amiibo from one of my local GameStops this morning. Had to go to two different stores. I'm pretty happy I got him as it saved me from having to pay over 30 dollars online. I can't wait for the Lucas Amiibo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom