• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Also what happen to Advamce Wars is the example of people not liking any type of change of new direction or something different and Intelligent Systems not releasing the game in Japan (yes a Wars game was actually NOT released in Japan)

Days of Ruin is a dam fun game with an rocking and badass soundtrack and a decent plot.

Plus even before Awakening, AW did better than FE in sales most cases especially Advamce Wars 1&2. Dual Strike got some decent sales but DoR being different just rubbed fans the wrong way.

And it wasn't like with Metroid Prime and Other M but more like Ocarina of Time and Wind Waker where that change in the series hurt the sales and never caught on. I'll never compare Advance Wars situation with Golden Sun considering Wars series have a much larger legacy and have a better chance of coming back.

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
I can see the next Wars game being in the same situation that Awakening was in. If it doesn't sell well enough then the series is done. Let's hope it doesn't come to that.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I can see the next Wars game being in the same situation that Awakening was in. If it doesn't sell well enough then the series is done. Let's hope it doesn't come to that.
I don't really it come to that point as long as the gameplay is great, online multiplayer and decent single player content in the same scope as the 3DS FE games.

Plus, if they go the Awakening route that maras ACTUAL ADVERTISING for the game

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Today's YW subbed episode was my pure favorite, because Fumi jealousy and the Sandal Yo-kai. So much romance and comedy at the same time holy crap. My cheeks were on fire.

Last edited:

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
I don't really it come to that point as long as the gameplay is great, online multiplayer and decent single player content in the same scope as the 3DS FE games.

Plus, if they go the Awakening route that maras ACTUAL ADVERTISING for the game
As well as cutscenes and voice acting, you don't know how long I've wanted those things in Advance Wars.

Captain Fun

Smash Lord
So I played me some Woolly World.

Gotta say, it's nice and all, but the controls are kinda sluggish. I dunno what it is, but it feels really slow to me and for whatever reason it has me exhausted.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
I played the Undertale demo...
I spared Toriel, I felt so bad leaving the Ruins, but I had to...
Anyone wanna gift me it?

Last edited:

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Played the Tri Force Heroes demo. Took a couple of tries to actually complete a dungeon. But it was very fun. In case I ran into anyone here I was CenataB.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Umm, no. That would make no sense at all, as it clashes with Fire Emblem big time. Throwing realistic modern day war-grade firearms into a medieval warfare fantasy game would be a terrible idea.
You know, this is true, but it would be interesting to see Advance Wars characters in a Fire Emblem game, but not directly. Instead it could be expies of them that actually fit into the game.

I'm pretty sure there's a DLC class in Fates that drives a tank - an obvious fit for Andy.
Meanwhile they could have Sami as an archer as she's seen with guns.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
hmmm i know this is a dumb thought but does anyone else get the feeling code name steam was originally going to be a new advanced wars? i dont know why but the thought just crossed my mind

LucarioDude

Not Gray Fox
I watched the entire second season of Love Live in one sitting and there was not nearly enough parfait.
Oh man, wait till you see the Love Live movie. Very enjoyable conclusion to the series. Every character has their moment to shine, especially Honoka though.

Meanwhile I just got back from watching Boruto: Naruto The Movie. I really enjoyed it. The action was so ridiculous yet so entertaining. I'm so glad Sasuke had a major role in the film compared to in the The Last Naruto Movie where he only had like 5 minutes of screen time. The whole father and son bonding between Naruto and Boruto was really nice though. The scene after the credits with Mitsuki revealing who his parents are was hilarious as hell.

Ezequieleste

Smash Apprentice
Let's summarize things a bit. First was the update on the September 30th, next the supposed character reveal coinciding with the Ballot's end the October 3rd, then the hypothetical direct on the 14th and update on the 16th; and now we're expecting something for the October 23rd. Great, can't wait to be disappointed again.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Context dependent for me.

Light hearted discussion between civilized people? Sure, that's cool.

Heated arguments between extremists that get out of hand very quickly can often result in threats coming from both sides?

View attachment 78534
There was a picture that said that we shouldn't entertain wrong information thus crying out against all religion. There were more pictures lower down. One even stating that science built buildings and that religion caused 9/11. Another picture said that the Bible decried left handedness which isn't actually true. It uses right and left as metaphors.

Religious and non religious people were tearing at each other in the comments... Both decrying that the other was evil.

I'm just getting tired of my religious friends treating decent people as evil and my non religious friends treating religious people as insane fanatics.

At times like this I can't help but remember the religious discussion that we all had here. It was the most civil discussion we've had here. That meant a lot.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
There was a picture that said that we shouldn't entertain wrong information thus crying out against all religion. There were more pictures lower down. One even stating that science built buildings and that religion caused 9/11. Another picture said that the Bible decried left handedness which isn't actually true. It uses right and left as metaphors.

Religious and non religious people were tearing at each other in the comments... Both decrying that the other was evil.

I'm just getting tired of my religious friends treating decent people as evil and my non religious friends treating religious people as insane fanatics.

At times like this I can't help but remember the religious discussion that we all had here. It was the most civil discussion we've had here. That meant a lot.
That's because on Facebook, they can have a conversation and argument like that and do it with no consequences
We try that here and everyone will get banned and the thread will be locked again. :4roy:

Plus, I'm not taking sides and both sides will those this but the non-religious person might say something out of line about that certain religion to cause a spark of argument where both sides look like idiots. That isn't to say that certain religious people will start arguments but certain people can do so.

I'm a non-denominated Christian and I see no point in getting into online fights about my beliefs because there's no point.

I'll just look like a moron for getting myself into such an awful discussion.

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Another picture said that the Bible decried left handedness which isn't actually true. It uses right and left as metaphors.
To be honest, that's what I see as the "danger" of religion: some people will misinterpret what the Bible says and corrupt it into something it's not meant to be. Religion relies heavily on symbolism and metaphors, after all.

Taking those words literally can lead to unfortunate results. Of course, the same could be said about other religions and their respective scriptures.

As for me, I lack any sort of religious beliefs... Anyway, I do defend people shouldn't overstep their boundaries. I'm not going to try and decry any belief, but I don't tolerate people forcing their beliefs, be them religious or not, on other people.

The problem with extremism is often that: anyone who doesn't adhere to their beliefs and rules is persecuted.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
The WiiU came out in late 2012 so even if the NX launches in 2017 it will still be the shortest generation cycle in a while. And I have a sinking suspicion it will be a late 2016 launch.

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
I can't say I'm totally confident with the NX. Will it succeed? Will it blow minds? Will it sell worse than Wii U? Will it still get stuck with poor third party support? Will it actually gain back some? Or is there some crazy twist that the first system we get is a handheld and then the following year is the console?

So many questions. I feel this all will be answered when NX is shown and released.

Honestly, I think there is a **** ton of work Nintendo needs to do to succeed. Graphic power alone isn't gonna solve it. If they don't wow the audience then we may be looking at another Wii U but worse.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
The fact that Nintendo released the Wii U in 2012, a year ahead of Xbox One and PlayStation 4, means that in a sense Nintendo might always be off-rhythm with releasing their consoles. I have a feeling that NX will continue this trend.

I have hope though. I feel like they might be planning to make the "NX" very powerful, as well as being gaming centralized but also centralized gaming. The idea that the console is said to be bringing handheld and console gaming together supports this, in my opinion.

If the NX is a powerful console, has backwards compatibility, and tries to draw in more people by invalidating the 3DS as well, coupled with the possibility of the Xbox One and PlayStation 4 being replaced soon as well due to already being outdated hardware, I think it's very possible the NX can stick out a generation and a half, taking the Wii U's place, but also getting a legitimate headstart on Sony and Microsoft.

Nintendo has made a lot of mistakes, but hasn't really made the same one twice, I feel. Iwata...well, maybe not quickly, but he did recognize the Wii U's failure and swiftly announced mobile gaming support and the NX in one strike.

This is all entirely speculation of course, but I do strongly feel that the NX will be designed to be some kind of "Nintendo Hub", targeting multiple crowds at once.

We will see.

Last edited:

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
I agree with most of what you've said but I don't think we'll see the PS4 or XB1's successor for a very long time. I have a feeling XB1 and PS4 are going to have a long life much like the PS3 and 360 instead of following through a traditional 5 year cycle.

Last edited:

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
The fact that Nintendo released the Wii U in 2012, a year ahead of Xbox One and PlayStation 4, means that in a sense Nintendo might always be off-rhythm with releasing their consoles. I have a feeling that NX will continue this trend.

I have hope though. I feel like they might be planning to make the "NX" very powerful, as well as being gaming centralized but also centralized gaming. The idea that the console is said to be bringing handheld and console gaming together supports this, in my opinion.

If the NX is a powerful console, has backwards compatibility, and tries to draw in more people by invalidating the 3DS as well, coupled with the possibility of the Xbox One and PlayStation 4 being replaced soon as well due to already being outdated hardware, I think it's very possible the NX can stick out a generation and a half, taking the Wii U's place, but also getting a legitimate headstart on Sony and Microsoft.

Nintendo has made a lot of mistakes, but hasn't really made the same one twice, I feel. Iwata...well, maybe not quickly, but he did recognize the Wii U's failure and swiftly announced mobile gaming support and the NX in one strike.

This is all entirely speculation of course, but I do strongly feel that the NX will be designed to be some kind of "Nintendo Hub", targeting multiple crowds at once.

We will see.
The Wii U was too late, if anything. If Nintendo can establish itself a pattern of releasing during the middle of the life cycle of MS and Sony's consoles, then they will likely have the most powerful console on the market, with all the new console hype, for 3-4 years every time.

Cost is the bigger issue in this scenario.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom