• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

kylexv

Smash Master
Nintendo apparently thinks little kids are too dumb for 3D controls.
May I remind you of Mario Galaxy, Mario 64, Ocarina of Time, Metroid Prime, (Keeps naming off games).....

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
I mean, saying that a 3D game would be too complex isn't exactly a good reason when Zelda exists.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I just did dis.

20151017_134303.jpg

I'm so happy.

I'm a gen behind but I don't think it matters - I've got so much catching up to do!!!

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I think they did mention before that they apparently found that some people struggled a bit more to do various things such as hitting a block in a 3D environment than 2D or whatever which partly caused the existence of Super Mario 3D Land if I recall......

Not sure what would be difficult for a 3D Chibi Robo since I believe the series started with a 3D environment. Then again, I never played the series before so I wouldn't know......

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
I think they did mention before that they apparently found that some people struggled a bit more to do various things such as hitting a block in a 3D environment than 2D or whatever which partly caused the existence of Super Mario 3D Land if I recall......

Not sure what would be difficult for a 3D Chibi Robo since I believe the series started with a 3D environment. Then again, I never played the series before so I wouldn't know......
Then those people suck if they can't "Perspective the game".

Really though, I'm really not sure how could you really go wrong with that, unless you did Sonic the Werehog type of mistake of having no drop shadows or something...

Last edited:

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
but. . .isn't he from 3d games? If he is beloved by children it would be for the 3d games right?

Cyber this is where you post taht one image with the guy confused AF
I gotchu:
nick-young-confused-face-300x256.png

Honestly, I haven't read the article, I just posted it here from the website after reading the title, but judging by some of your reactions, I can tell the reasoning is pretty silly...

Shroob

Sup?

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
I understand that they mean thezip lash mechanic would be difficult in a 3D environment, but didn't Capcom do a 3D Bionic Commando a few years back? It sounds to me like they're actively trying to kill Chibi-Robo.

I just did dis.

I'm so happy.

I'm a gen behind but I don't think it matters - I've got so much catching up to do!!!
Please, for the love of god, do not play Bioshock 2 and Infinite without playing the original first. That would be horrible. Bioshock 2 might make you hate the series if you play it first.

D

Deleted member

I understand that they mean thezip lash mechanic would be difficult in a 3D environment, but didn't Capcom do a 3D Bionic Commando a few years back? It sounds to me like they're actively trying to kill Chibi-Robo.
Last time I checked, the 3D Bionic Commando game was not well received at all.

EDIT: Never mind. It received some positive reviews.

Last edited by a moderator:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Then those people suck if they can't "Perspective the game".
I suppose that's partly why Ocarina of Time received the auto jump when running towards a cliff as well as the Z-targeting in order to help with the whole perspective thing that some people apparently struggled with in Super Mario 64.....

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Can we stop saying that a company is trying to kill something off?

If they were, it wouldn't have gotten a game in the first place.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I suppose that's partly why Ocarina of Time received the auto jump when running towards a cliff as well as the Z-targeting in order to help with the whole perspective thing that some people apparently struggled with in Super Mario 64.....
The auto-jump was implemented to simplify controls and to allow the development team to shift their focus to the puzzle elements.

Chrono.

Last time I checked, the 3D Bionic Commando game was not well received at all.
It was another one of those edgy reboots, but it wasn't really hated as much as viewed as inferior to the Rearmed games.

The game itself did have decent scores.

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
So apparently Nintendo thinks a 3D Chibi-Robo would not have been kid friendly:
http://mynintendonews.com/2015/10/1...iendly/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter
So they're saying a 3D Chibi robo would be too hard for little kids? These idiots are delusional:facepalm: There are so many 3D games out there that little kids can play. I guess Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon is too hard for kids. Seriously Nintendo cator to the hardcore first, casuals later. I really hope Kimishimi is for the hardcore gamer and can get Nintendo back to its former glory.

D

Deleted member

It was another one of those edgy reboots, but it wasn't really hated as much as viewed as inferior to the Rearmed games.

Mixed to positive reviews.

Lowest score I can see was a 6, while the highest was 9.5. And based on what I'm reading the gameplay wasn't a problem, the repetitiveness was.
I did a quick Google search and edited my previous post before the both of you replied to me. Thanks, though.

Captain Fun

Smash Lord

Well obviously Nintendo is trying to kill off Chibi Robo because they are sending the game to die by making it a platformer with little advertising/quality control, thus fulfilling their plan to not have to make Chibi Robo games which they already weren't making AND potentially lose money on this investment. Their plan has been EXPOSED.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJXKVOxqkWM

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442

I don't know much about Bionic Commando in general, but I'll say I definitely prefer this:

to this:

Discount Wesker beats dreads any day.

Last edited:

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
Well obviously Nintendo is trying to kill off Chibi Robo because they are sending the game to die by making it a platformer with little advertising/quality control, thus fulfilling their plan to not have to make Chibi Robo games which they already weren't making AND potentially lose money on this investment. Their plan has been EXPOSED.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJXKVOxqkWM
I wish Nintendo were run by people that actually care about ALL their IPs not just Mario, Pokemon and Zelda.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I don't think 1 guy's quote=General thoughts at Nintendo.

Let's be honest, kids love 3D and 2D games.

And if you want to be honest, I find 2D games much harder than 3D games.

2D Sonic games can still challenge me while I can breeze through 3D games but depending on how well designed the levels are and how well programmed the game is.

I mean when was the last time a 3D platformer gave you a difficult but fair challenge that tested your skills

Khoru

Smash Champion
I wish Nintendo were run by people that actually care about ALL their IPs not just Mario, Pokemon and Zelda.
not releasing new, say... advance wars (or golden sun, custom robo, w/e) games is just good business sense
they haven't sold well in the past, so why put money into them

Last edited:

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere

2D Sonic games can still challenge me while I can breeze through 3D games but depending on how well designed the levels are and how well programmed the game is.

I mean when was the last time a 3D platformer gave you a difficult but fair challenge that tested your skills
Donkey Kong Country games, those are 2D and hard.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

Banjo Tooie....

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master

That's not what I mean.

I think what happened is they thought "This series isn't selling as well as we want, but NSMB sells extremely well, so that means Chibi-Robo should be a sidescroller", then when people reacted badly to the announcement they went "ok, we're done. Buy it or the little robot dies."

As in, they made the game in hopes that it would sell, but the negative reaction caused them to actively kill the franchise because it makes more sense to say "buy it or the franchise dies" than to cancel the game after most, if not all, of the game is already complete.

Last edited:

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
not releasing new, say... advance wars games is just good business sense
they haven't sold well in the past, so why put money into them
Well they could have some of the Advance Wars characters as DLC for Fire Emblem.
Though the reason Advance Wars went on the decline was because of Days of Ruin. It didn't sell as well, and it removed all the characters we loved from the first 3 games. I also thought tha a while back they said they'd start working on a new Advance Wars game. All they need to do is make a game, say Sturm's return, bring back all the classic characters, advertise the **** out of it, make amiibos, and boom its printing money. Besides I prefer Advance Wars over Fire Emblem.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
I meant 3D

Not 2D. Unless you mean Donkey Kong 64 which that game's challenge is just testing your sanity and patience.

There's also those damn Purple coins.
Honestly, I was that one person that didn't find the purple coins that challenging...except on that 8-Bit Mario/Luigi stage and Battlerock Galaxy in 1. Those were just cheep to me. And the ghost house dark matter level in 2 can bite as Luigi.

I still think the Red coins in Sunshine are far worse, and I never played Sunshine before.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Honestly, I was that one person that didn't find the purple coins that challenging...except on that 8-Bit Mario/Luigi stage and Battlerock Galaxy in 1. Those were just cheep to me. And the ghost house dark matter level in 2 can bite as Luigi.

I still think the Red coins in Sunshine are far worse, and I never played Sunshine before.
True. Although 100% Mario 64 was pretty rough when I was young due to that mushroom mountain stage and Tick Tock Clock.

There's also 100% Crash 2. That game is fun but it can burn in hell for the grief it cause me.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Well they could have some of the Advance Wars characters as DLC for Fire Emblem.
Umm, no. That would make no sense at all, as it clashes with Fire Emblem big time. Throwing realistic modern day war-grade firearms into a medieval warfare fantasy game would be a terrible idea.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Umm, no. That would make no sense at all, as it clashes with Fire Emblem big time. Throwing realistic modern day war-grade firearms into a medieval warfare fantasy game would be a terrible idea.
Hey, at least Link isn't carrying a firearm because he was sent to the future for some weird reason, this is totally not something Miyamoto would actually think of....oh....wait.

But to the point, I totally agree that would just be a bad idea.

Last edited:

Soul.

Instead of Advance Wars DLC it should just get a new game.

... I never played any of them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom