• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Strange, Chibi-Robo is compatable with Yoshi's Wooly World, yet Pokemon aren't?

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Pokemon are though aren't they?

Or did Pokemon Company strike again?
Nope. Every single amiibo (including the third party ones, Splatoon and the Super Mario line) are all compatible with Woolly World except for the Pokemon.

Outside of Smash, the only use the Pokemon amiibos have are in Mario Maker and they have ZERO unique sound effects like the others do and it feels lazy because Game Freak is a ****.

Hell, I expect Shovel Knight to get more use in Woolly World than the freaking Pokemon. That's how bad it is.

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
Nope. Every single amiibo (including the third party ones, Splatoon and the Super Mario line) are all compatible with Woolly World except for the Pokemon.

Outside of Smash, the only use the Pokemon amiibos have are in Mario Maker and they have ZERO unique sound effects like the others do and it feels lazy because Game Freak is a ****.

Hell, I expect Shovel Knight to get more use in Woolly World than the freaking Pokemon. That's how bad it is.
Wait? Was a Shovel Knight Yoshi ever found in the files of Yoshi's Woolly World?

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I agree with most of what you've said but I don't think we'll see the PS4 or XB1's successor for a very long time. I have a feeling XB1 and PS4 are going to have a long life much like the PS3 and 360 instead of following through a traditional 5 year cycle.
I don't agree with that for a couple major reasons.

The PS3 and Xbox 360 were very solid consoles for gaming at the time and years after. PC gaming was, at best, on par with it, but due to just how good the consoles were, as well as exclusives, console gaming was usually the better option. This only got better farther in the consoles' life cycles as developers got better at manipulating the consoles in game development over time.
To this day, some new games are being still being ported to the older consoles because they were that capable.

Now look at the PS4 and Xbox One. They struggle to run new games at high resolutions and high framerates. You'll be hard-pressed to find games that run at 1080p and 60fps on these consoles. PC gaming doesn't have this issue. Good PCs run games at resolutions and framerates the consoles can't, despite the latter being specifically made for gaming.

As time goes on, instead of pushing the consoles to their limits, developers have to make more compromises to make the games run competently on the systems, and this is because the PS4 and Xbox One were already outdated at their release, even compared to some phones and tablets. This is compounded by the fact Valve is trying to put focus on the PC side of gaming and Steam machines (which aren't very enticing even though I'm interested in PC gaming, admiitedly).

That's why I feel like the consoles will be replaced sooner than later unless something significant happens to these consoles, as it will allow Microsoft and Sony to keep up with PCs.

If the NX follows the same pattern as Wii U, Nintendo will circumvent this with a gimmick over power and their first-party games.
I hope they don't though, I want to go to Nintendo's console for everything I want to play, not just Nintendo.

I mean, if I could play a Dark Souls game on a Nintendo platform, that would be great, unless they shoehorned like motion controls or something. Not to mention I would have the opportunity to straw grasp for reasons why Dark Souls should get representation in Smash Bros.

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Wait? Was a Shovel Knight Yoshi ever found in the files of Yoshi's Woolly World?
No it wasn't. It'll be like the generic amiibos Yoshi costume like the Pokeymans and Chibi Robo.

It's just a small shot at Game Freak for being morons. Although I'm probably not lying in believing that Butt Butt might get more usage in his amiibo than the Pokemon.

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
No it wasn't. It'll be like the generic amiibos Yoshi costume like the Pokeymans and Chibi Robo.

It's just a small shot at Game Freak for being morons. Although I'm probably not lying in believing that Butt Butt might get more usage in his amiibo than the Pokemon.
Its really sad that Game Freak is really protective over the Pokemon Franchise. It would be freaking adorable seeing a Pikachu Yoshi outfit.

Also, thanks for answering my question!

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I don't agree with that for a couple major reasons.

The PS3 and Xbox 360 were very solid consoles for gaming at the time and years after. PC gaming was, at best, on par with it, but due to just how good the consoles were, as well as exclusives, console gaming was usually the better option. This only got better farther in the consoles' life cycles as developers got better at manipulating the consoles in game development over time.
To this day, some new games are being still being ported to the older consoles because they were that capable.

Now look at the PS4 and Xbox One. They struggle to run new games at high resolutions and high framerates. You'll be hard-pressed to find games that run at 1080p and 60fps on these consoles. PC gaming doesn't have this issue. Good PCs run games at resolutions and framerates the consoles can't, despite the latter being specifically made for gaming.

As time goes on, instead of pushing the consoles to their limits, developers have to make more compromises to make the games run competently on the systems, and this is because the PS4 and Xbox One were already outdated at their release, even compared to some phones and tablets. This is compounded by the fact Valve is trying to put focus on the PC side of gaming and Steam machines (which aren't very enticing even though I'm interested in PC gaming, admiitedly).

That's why I feel like the consoles will be replaced sooner than later unless something significant happens to these consoles, as it will allow Microsoft and Sony to keep up with PCs.

If the NX follows the same pattern as Wii U, Nintendo will circumvent this with a gimmick over power and their first-party games.
I hope they don't though, I want to go to Nintendo's console for everything I want to play, not just Nintendo.

I mean, if I could play a Dark Souls game on a Nintendo platform, that would be great, unless they shoehorned like motion controls or something. Not to mention I would have the opportunity to straw grasp for reasons why Dark Souls should get representation in Smash Bros.
To me I just want the NX to be as powerful as the PS4 with that third party support.

I would love to play Smash and switch back to other fighters and action games. Hell playing sports games with my brothers and without having multiple consoles (although I still will.)

Just give me Mortal Kombat X, Soul Calibur 6 and Resident Evil 2 Remake on my NX; hell Kingdom Hearts 3 on the NX would be great

gameonion

Smash Journeyman
NNID
gameonion
3DS FC
4382-1966-1902
Apparently, Nintendo Technology Software's next game is nearing completion.

(Note: They made games like Mario Vs. Donkey Kong, The Legend of Zelda Collectors Edition (GCN) and more. They also helped developing Wii's N64 Emulation program, Wii U Chat and various other applications)

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Its really sad that Game Freak is really protective over the Pokemon Franchise. It would be freaking adorable seeing a Pikachu Yoshi outfit.

Also, thanks for answering my question!
It's even more jarring when you see that third-party characters are co

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Apparently, Nintendo Technology Software's next game is nearing completion.

(Note: They made games like Mario Vs. Donkey Kong, The Legend of Zelda Collectors Edition (GCN) and more. They also helped developing Wii's N64 Emulation program, Wii U Chat and various other applications)
The same branch that made Prime Hunters...

LET ME DREAM EVEN THOUGH I UNDERSTAND ANOTHER METROID GAME RIGHT NOW IS NIGH IMPOSSIBLE PLS

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
The same branch that made Prime Hunters...

LET ME DREAM EVEN THOUGH I UNDERSTAND ANOTHER METROID GAME RIGHT NOW IS NIGH IMPOSSIBLE PLS
Assuming it's a Metroid game more in line with the majority of the games, at the very least, the Federation Force hate would tone down.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
"Oh here you go man, you can have a Pac-Man costume. It's fine with us, even though he's one of the most well known gaming characters of all time."

"WAIT, YOU GOONS WANT TO USE PIKACHU IN YOUR BABY GAME? You have to understand, the Pokemon have to be REPRESENTED CORRECTLY,"

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
It's never impossible for Metroid.
NIGH IMPOSSIBLE
Assuming it's a Metroid game more in line with the majority of the games, at the very least, the Federation Force hate would tone down.
NST having experience on both console and handheld gives more opportunities as well. Given the specific agenda for the series that we know of, however, it's why I said nigh impossible. That and there's the question of what they'd do.

would kill for a hunters remake on the wii u

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
What does 4K even do beside make youtube videos load slower than a slowpoke swimming in treacle? I can't see any real change.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
What does 4K even do beside make youtube videos load slower than a slowpoke swimming in treacle? I can't see any real change.
More pixels on the screen to render the image, making it sharper and clearer. It depends on the monitor/television, but it does show. But it's gotten to the point it doesn't need to go any higher than that, imo. Our eyes won't really see that much of a difference pass 4K.

Last edited:

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Seeing the ZZS & Zelda oufits for the girl in Fatal Frame REEEAAALLLY makes me want Nintendo to make super-realistic games....
They would look soooo good.

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Seeing the ZZS & Zelda oufits for the girl in Fatal Frame REEEAAALLLY makes me want Nintendo to make super-realistic games....

They would look soooo good.
Ehhhhh. Some franchises work with that hyper realism.

But there's so much of it on the market that if Nintendo did it too? They'd just get lost in the crowd.

Metroid and F-Zero might work with that style, but most of their other franchises would be a hard pass for me.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Apart from Metroid & F-Zero , the only other franchise I could see working well is Starfox, tho that's a stretch.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Ehhhhh. Some franchises work with that hyper realism.

But there's so much of it on the market that if Nintendo did it too? They'd just get lost in the crowd.

Metroid and F-Zero might work with that style, but most of their other franchises would be a hard pass for me.
Zelda could pull it off but you're gonna have to keep the silliness there and Fire Emblem can handle it.

But the keyword here is "could" not can or should.

Even then Nintendo lives on the cartoonish and anime style design and focus. Even F-Zero has more related to comic books. (See F-Zero X)

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Zelda could pull it off but you're gonna have to keep the silliness there and Fire Emblem can handle it.

Even then Nintendo lives on the cartoonish and anime style design and focus. Even F-Zero has more related to comic books. (See F-Zero X)
I think Zelda can do it, IF they left that up to the "Adult Link" timeline. Toon Link can handle the more cartoonish series, obviously, and Adult Link could be a bit more "realistic", either going as "dark" as Majora's Mask or a little less so.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

Captain Falcon is a goddamn Kamen Rider so it could work

Also, Swamp, I completely agree! I'm an atheist myself but religion facinates me, not to mention I have religous friends who can take a joke, but I always try saying 'goddammit' less when around them.

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
Realistic Pokémon?
Technically though does Pokémon Go fit this Scenario :p

I miss seeing your face and yet you tease me by liking posts.

What is this relationship, Doodle?

I thought we were ride or die.
"What can I say I die hard" -:4sonic:
Been busy IRL and this thread moves way faster than it used too

Yes I am too slow.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Realistic Animal Crossing?

The Mayor looked at Isabelle, his ever-lasting smile gleaming at her.

"DON'T YOU GET IT!? You don't do **** for this town, Mayor! We've wanted any kind of Public Works Project for years, and you still haven't even gotten a 100% Approval Rating..you make me SICK."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom