• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I wonder what will become of Smash Bros. in 50 years.
"For the first time in almost 65 years, Super Smash Bros Melee has been rerelease to the public, remastered and rebalanced"

Congratulations, Fox got nerfed.
Enjoy Top Tier :luigimelee::nessmelee:&:ganondorfmelee:

:roymelee: is still **** but a skilled Roy can easily beat a Fox now

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Dry Dark Metal Pink Gold Baby Dr. Pit Jr. will be top tier. The Zelda characters (who will still only be comprised of different versions of Link, Zelda, and Ganondorf) will remain in bottom tiers. Golden Sun will have three music tracks instead of two.

And Chrono will still want Ridley.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Shameless adversting.
Please take a glance/look/good read at the Updated Bayonetta thread! http://smashboards.com/threads/bayo...ted-official-post-under-new-ownership.327776/

TBH before it was a generally out of date and even after the second owner added stuff in......none of the wikipedia copied & pasted stuff was removed ect. :p

Maybe another F-Zero character.

I imagine the next F-Zero could be coming out some time around then.

cries
Well...I don't think Smash Bros will exist then. Way too many cut characters to make the roster manageable to players whilst adding newcomers leads Nintendo to force a stop to the series to halt the Nintendo Hate for all the cuts.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I can see Smash Bros having 100 characters on one roster
With Pokemon finally edging out Mario in reps and F-Zero getting a character as well.

And the game will still be more balanced than Brawl

Dravidian

Smash Lord
NNID
NeoDeoN
*smashville

even one platform can be pretty big for some matchups. Balancing around one Stage (if he really did) is kind of silly regardless.
The amount the platform helps is generally minimal (as it should be), especially when compared to other stages.

And balancing around one stage isn't silly at all. Almost every other fighting game in existence does this (most stages are the same with background elements). Sakurai doing that "for" tournament players and being more lenient for more wacky stages makes sense. Making a perfect tournament balance for every match up (roster^2) and then making sure that every match up is balanced for every stage (#stages*(roster^2)) is......not the wisest plan, especially for games with huge rosters and stage lists. Imo making a few stages with 1v1 balance in mind is the best course of action considering the main player base isnt focused on 1v1. It makes business sense as well. Sakurai and his team simply dont have the time for that.

Also.....I don't think tournament players want "balanced" stages. The very act of allowing counter pick stages implies that a player wants to shift the balance in his or her favor. Players want "fair" stages; they just need a fighting chance. Having a few stages based on actual balance, a few stages on fairness, and the majority of the stages on fun/wackiness (i.e. th path sakurai and team took) is best as it cover all of their bases to an acceptable extent without stretching the team , along with their time and budget, too thin.

That said, I'm not a fan of final dest or town&city; I actually prefer the more uncommon/intrusive stages like castle seige and pirate ship. Even in tournaments I choose stages I can have more fun on over one that will give me a greater advantage. But that's just me.

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
I honestly want Sakurai to keep making the series. Mostly because I don't want the next iteration to be filled to the brim with Day One DLC or microtransactions out the arse lol.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

In the future, everyone'e FS will be Chrom
Marth will start using a knife instead of the Falchion
Builder Mario will be the new clone of Mario alongside Paper Mario and Mario-Kun
DK and Metroid will still have two characters only but DK will get a lava stage and Metroid gets a jungle one
Everyone from Uprising except Viridi is in because she lacks a 3D model
Pokemon has 18 Gen 1 Pokemon and all the ones from other gens get cut
Europe will still call Duck Hunt a duo
Ganon will get a Mii Brawler costume
Bowser Jr. Gets a new voice to match his father's
Everyone from Pikmin is an alternate costume for Olimar including bosses
Shulk will become DLC in America and will only be downloadable inside a Game Stop
Fire Emblem will still have 0% husbando/waifu characters and add Tharja because **** you
Every stage will get a Big Battlefield form
Ridley is a boss in every stage and you can't turn him off even in the FD and BB forms
64-Player Smash Online is the new "you asked for lag" mode
EDIT: the one time I don't check the quote it's the wrong one

Last edited by a moderator:

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
HOLY ****. NOW THAT PETIT COMPUTER IS COMING TO WII U, ANYONE CAN MAKE A GAME ON WII U WITHOUT A DEVELOPERS LICENSE. THIS IS ****ING AWESOME!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

In the future, everyone'e FS will be Chrom
Marth will start using a knife instead of the Falchion
Builder Mario will be the new clone of Mario alongside Paper Mario and Mario-Kun
DK and Metroid will still have two characters only but DK will get a lava stage and Metroid gets a jungle one
Everyone from Uprising except Viridi is in because she lacks a 3D model
Pokemon has 18 Gen 1 Pokemon and all the ones from other gens get cut
Europe will still call Duck Hunt a duo
Ganon will get a Mii Brawler costume
Bowser Jr. Gets a new voice to match his father's
Everyone from Pikmin is an alternate costume for Olimar including bosses
Shulk will become DLC in America and will only be downloadable inside a Game Stop
Fire Emblem will still have 0% husbando/waifu characters and add Tharja because **** you
Every stage will get a Big Battlefield form
Ridley is a boss in every stage and you can't turn him off even in the FD and BB forms
64-Player Smash Online is the new "you asked for lag" mode
Quote the wrong person?

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
Now that Petit Computer is being ported to Wii U. I wonder if things like Emulation and Media Playback will be possible since the Wii U is significantly more powerful than the 3DS and DSi?

I'm honestly very interested to see where this goes.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Now that Petit Computer is being ported to Wii U. I wonder if things like Emulation and Media Playback will be possible since the Wii U is significantly more powerful than the 3DS and DSi?

I'm honestly very interested to see where this goes.
Petit Computer? You mean that BASIC engine?
How useful can it be? Really now.

Oasis Dealer

"Woah!"
NNID
DarkCloud2469
3DS FC
4639-9066-5866
I do wonder what would happen to Smash in the upcoming years. In fact, that could be said about any video game series to be honest.

Anyways, I needed to show this clip from a replay I had, because it's still making me confused and also smiling at how stupid it is.

Ivander

Smash Legend
I'm going to confess something. I'm jealous of Bluepikmin, he nerds about Yokai Watch and people get interested, I nerd about Kamen Rider, something for an older audience to boot yet nobody cares
I'm sure a good number of us know that feel with something we nerd about.

Aurora Jenny

Smash Lord
NNID
Dart_Rodales
I'm going to confess something. I'm jealous of Bluepikmin, he nerds about Yokai Watch and people get interested, I nerd about Kamen Rider, something for an older audience to boot yet nobody cares
Another Kamen Rider fan? I just finished Drive and now I'm stuck waiting for the final movie.. though I'm under the impression there's also the obligatory Ghost/Drive crossover movie that's going to be out, not too sure on that. Losing that one Rider hurt though! I do hope Gou manages to pull an Eiji with him though.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I don't think I understand how you feel...
*cough cough*play Etrian Odyssey nerds*cough cough*

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Another Kamen Rider fan? I just finished Drive and now I'm stuck waiting for the final movie.. though I'm under the impression there's also the obligatory Ghost/Drive crossover movie that's going to be out, not too sure on that. Losing that one Rider hurt though! I do hope Gou manages to pull an Eiji with him though.
Yeah, there's another MovieWar with Ghost and Drive this year
Chaser's back, Specter's there but Drive has something new called Zero Drive. and apparantly we'll see the Da Vinci Damashii get used. Also, Chaser's getting a movie next year for himself

Shroob

Sup?
Gonna call it.

If we don't get any Smash news this week, we're getting nothing for October.

But I do think we'll get a patch in November.

Aurora Jenny

Smash Lord
NNID
Dart_Rodales
Yeah, there's another MovieWar with Ghost and Drive this year
Chaser's back, Specter's there but Drive has something new called Zero Drive. and apparantly we'll see the Da Vinci Damashii get used. Also, Chaser's getting a movie next year for himself
Sweet! This is the first time a Side Rider gets his own movie, isn't it? Definitely going to be looking forward to this. Right now I'm watching Ghost and Hibiki. My first Kamen Rider was OOO by the way, Then sat through Fourze. Wizard and Gaim are up in the air for me though.

Chrono.

Gonna call it.

If we don't get any Smash news this week, we're getting nothing for October.

But I do think we'll get a patch in November.
...didn't you say this yesterday?

Either way Smash news=/=patch

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Sweet! This is the first time a Side Rider gets his own movie, isn't it? Definitely going to be looking forward to this. Right now I'm watching Ghost and Hibiki. My first Kamen Rider was OOO by the way, Then sat through Fourze. Wizard and Gaim are up in the air for me though.
Nope. Accel and Eternal from W got their movies and there's Gaim Gaiden. Ghost is impressive so far, but Hibiki gets good...Then goes bad. Watching Blade now

Kingslime304

Smash Lord
This guy on youtube is saying that the Beta of SFV was an Epic Fail because the servers cannot handle alot of people online. While that maybe true in Beta 1, he said that Capcom still sucks no matter what (I think), and that SFV would be a complete failure at launch.
Heres the video of what I'm talking about:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2xW1EIp9tQ

(Comments are saying the this is "The same as SFIV", and "The hype is dead")
I strongly disagree with him because he does not seem to know what a Beta is, and Capcom fixed that problem after Beta 1.

What do you think?

gameonion

Smash Journeyman
NNID
gameonion
3DS FC
4382-1966-1902
Oh god, NWPlayer is claiming to have inside info again.

New Smash Bros.-character by the end of this month.

Pls be true.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
This guy on youtube is saying that the Beta of SFV was an Epic Fail because the servers cannot handle alot of people online. While that maybe true in Beta 1, he said that Capcom still sucks no matter what (I think), and that SFV would be a complete failure at launch.
Heres the video of what I'm talking about:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2xW1EIp9tQ

(Comments are saying the this is "The same as SFIV", and "The hype is dead")
I strongly disagree with him because he does not seem to know what a Beta is, and Capcom fixed that problem after Beta 1.

What do you think?
The point of this Beta seems to be that they show the game at it's ****tiest and take fan feedback on what's good or not, I looked at both SF4 and SFV and both looks different gameplay wise, and I'm not even a fan

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Oh god, NWPlayer is claiming to have inside info again.

New Smash Bros.-character by the end of this month.

Pls be true.
Oh goody, because obviously the first time was enough for me to trust them.
Fool me once, shame on you. But you won't fool me a second time. Right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom