• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soul.

Oh yeah, speaking of which.

Nintendo's stock surged after investing on Pokémon GO. I posted an article from MyNintendoNews a few pages ago on this thread but yeah, this goes to show they really want to make smartphone games, or at least are making an effort.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
Ehhhhh. Some franchises work with that hyper realism.

But there's so much of it on the market that if Nintendo did it too? They'd just get lost in the crowd.

Metroid and F-Zero might work with that style, but most of their other franchises would be a hard pass for me.
Wouldn't Zelda work too?

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Realistic WarioWare- You have to work 10 hours overtime everyday for a month, just to make a mini game that doesn't even sell well at all.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I got one better...
Realistic Video Games: Nothing but the same repetitive ritual day in and day out. Get up, go to work, and go home.

We could call the game "Life".

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I got one better...
Realistic Video Games: Nothing but the same repetitive ritual day in and day out. Get up, go to work, and go home.

We could call the game "Life".
Nintendo did it.

They just threw in animals.

And mostly only focus on what would be considered a small town or rural life.

:troll:

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Realistic WarioWare- You have to work 10 hours overtime everyday for a month, just to make a mini game that doesn't even sell well at all.
So a real life story based off of Chibi Robo Ziplash development:smirk:

I'll see myself out

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
So... I was thinking a certain idea for a while. I thought about sharing it, but never really got around to it.

I honestly think that after DLC Development is completed, Smash 4 isn't done yet.

Everyone and their grandmother have been talking about an NX Port of Smash 3DS/Wii U since the system is speculated to be launching around the corner.

1.) Companies usually bundle the DLC along with the main game down the line to make it cheaper and seem more appealing to the consumer.

2.) The NX would hopefully boast superior hardware, so they could possibly make the game a bit better.

3.) Exclusive content could even make it more appealing to buy the new console.

Like I said, a lot of people been saying that with myself included. I do strongly believe we are getting something at E3 2016 in terms of Smash 4.

Now this of course like many other things does have the possibility of not coming into fruition at all. I'm not saying this is fairly 100%. I'm just saying it has a good chance of happening in my opinion.

1.) If Sakurai doesn't say if DLC development is done at all.

2.) If Sakurai says he's done with DLC development on the game, but not with general development of the game. (This one may seem a little too straw graspy.)

3.) If Balance Patches are still coming up all the way into 2016. Then they would have to be working on something else for sure then.

Now if Sakurai says development is all done together or if he's working on another game after Smash 4, then we most likely know the port isn't coming.

So... what do you guys think of all this? Do any of you think we'll get a port of Smash 4 to the NX at all?

Last edited:

PKFreeze89

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Scizor711
3DS FC
4742-5952-7792
The WiiU came out in late 2012 so even if the NX launches in 2017 it will still be the shortest generation cycle in a while. And I have a sinking suspicion it will be a late 2016 launch.
PS3, GC and other consoles also had a 5 year run, it's not that bad.

2016 is not realistic knowing how Nintendo works, rumours about dev kits being distributed just started popping. But if the first NX is a handheld, then it's a possibility.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
I only have one hope for the next handheld. The design of the L and R buttons better not be flawed again.

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
I honestly think it's more likely that Smash 5 releases a lot sooner than the gaps between previous releases.

Maybe in 3-4 years from now.

I don't think we'll see a port of Smash Wii U on NX. Specifically because it's called "Smash Bros for Wii U". If they call a port "Smash Bros for NX", then what will the new Smash be called?

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
I honestly think it's more likely that Smash 5 releases a lot sooner than the gaps between previous releases.

Maybe in 3-4 years from now.

I don't think we'll see a port of Smash Wii U on NX. Specifically because it's called "Smash Bros for Wii U". If they call a port "Smash Bros for NX", then what will the new Smash be called?
So once Sakurai is done with all the DLC he'll immediately begin planning out the next Smash Bros.?

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
So once Sakurai is done with all the DLC he'll immediately begin planning out the next Smash Bros.?
Honestly, I could see it happening.

This is the first time Sakurai has admitted that he probably isn't done with the series.

I'd be really happy to see him take the Melee approach and have a lot of other people help him out on the higher level. Puts less work on him, and less decisions being completely influenced by one man.

Nintendo really wants the NX to be huge. And Smash singlehandedly boosted Wii U sales. I imagine they'll want the same series to boost NX early on.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Let's say Smash Bros for NX is something like SUPER Super Smash Bros. What improvments do you want?

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Let's say Smash Bros for NX is something like SUPER Super Smash Bros. What improvments do you want?
Ridley as a newcomer.

Really, at this point, I don't know what they could do other than new modes and higher quality graphics.

They could just bring back Adventure mode, Story more, Race to the Finish, etc...

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
All vets come back. I'm not usually one to vouch for everyone coming back, but if it was an "Ultimate Smash Bros", then I feel it would fulfill the title.

I guess maybe some cleaner textures (if they could do any better).

Competitive features would be great, reduced landing lag?

And to advertise the NX being big they could put in Ridley. Cries in Corner

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Ridley as a newcomer.

Really, at this point, I don't know what they could do other than new modes and higher quality graphics.

They could just bring back Adventure mode, Story more, Race to the Finish, etc...
Well I'd say proper, custom for each character, target mode like in 64 and melee, a true classic mode and the Ice Climbers.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Oh! and also custom moves for the DLC characters.

D

Deleted member

So real talk, anyone else think Sakurai won't return for another Smash? He only did 4 on request from Iwats, he's been dealing with this shoulder tendinitis, and the game takes a lot of time and takes a lot out of him.

Is it too far fetched to think that Nintendo might give the series to someone else and they could begin work on a next iteration sooner than we think?

Dravidian

Smash Lord
NNID
NeoDeoN
  • More declonification or remove characters that are too cloney and merge movesets (where it makes sense)
  • Better classic mode
  • Give remaining characters updated moves/customs (mario with a rocket nozzle uppercut would be dope)
  • Either make unlocking customs easier or they dont require unlocking
  • more costumes
  • Visual character customization if we cant have costumes (cape mario)
  • Better facial animation
  • Better graphics in general
  • Improved tournament mode
  • Better training mode options
  • DLC characters have customs
  • Mode where stocks are characters (like smash tour)
  • more unique game modes/minigames
  • maybe multiple final smashes (like ryu).
  • More items and assist trophies
  • [extreme maybe?]: Mode where you can use final smash without an item

NOTE: I find it funny that so many tournament players, after hearing that Sakurai balanced 1v1 matches on final dest, complained that final destination wasnt enough for a balanced game......yet so many tournament matches end up on a final dest or town and city (final dest with one moving platform)

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
I find it funny that so many tournament players, after hearing that Sakurai balanced 1v1 matches on final dest, complained that final destination wasnt enough for a balanced game......yet so many tournament matches end up on a final dest or town and city (final dest with one moving platform)
The competitive scene is strange.
But it has legal Duck Hunt.
So that's not a bad thing. :4pacman:

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
So real talk, anyone else think Sakurai won't return for another Smash? He only did 4 on request from Iwats, he's been dealing with this shoulder tendinitis, and the game takes a lot of time and takes a lot out of him.

Is it too far fetched to think that Nintendo might give the series to someone else and they could begin work on a next iteration sooner than we think?
Sakurai said Melee was going to be the last Smash.
Then he said Brawl was going to be the last Smash.
Now he's saying Smash 4 is the last Smash.
I mean, yeah, every man has his limits and he may very well mean it this time. But I don't think there's many people Sakurai would be comfortable leaving the hands of Smash in, he's said so himself. Yet at the same time, Nintendo stopping Smash would be like them stopping Zelda games, it's just too popular for a company to just say "We're done with it." So we really can't know for sure.

Last edited:
  • More declonification or remove characters that are too cloney and merge movesets (where it makes sense)
  • Better classic mode
  • Give remaining characters updated moves/customs (mario with a rocket nozzle uppercut would be dope)
  • Either make unlocking customs easier or they dont require unlocking
  • more costumes
  • Visual character customization if we cant have costumes (cape mario)
  • Better facial animation
  • Better graphics in general
  • Improved tournament mode
  • Better training mode options
  • DLC characters have customs
  • Mode where stocks are characters (like smash tour)
  • more unique game modes/minigames
  • maybe multiple final smashes (like ryu).
  • More items and assist trophies
  • [extreme maybe?]: Mode where you can use final smash without an item

NOTE: I find it funny that so many tournament players, after hearing that Sakurai balanced 1v1 matches on final dest, complained that final destination wasnt enough for a balanced game......yet so many tournament matches end up on a final dest or town and city (final dest with one moving platform)
*smashville

even one platform can be pretty big for some matchups. Balancing around one Stage (if he really did) is kind of silly regardless.

Last edited:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
So real talk, anyone else think Sakurai won't return for another Smash?
Respect, but I honestly want him to not return. Along with medical and mental issues, I personally want to see someone else come in that has more of a competitive grasp than Sakurai. I'm not asking for Melee 2, but more balance would make this game a Hell more fun. Because when we live in a community where Shiek is praised as a god, you know there's a problem. I also hope the next Smash team is bigger, that way more work can be put into the game.

Dreams, dreams, dreams... :4lucario:

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
I'd like someone to co-direct the next Smash game with Sakurai. I'd hate to lose the passion that he instills into the series, but I think he needs someone to shut down his questionable decisions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom