• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nintendrone Interview

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foxman15

Smash Journeyman
Can someone tell me who did the interview, and also who the interview was with? The only true reliable sites are nintendo.com and smashbros.com.

I would like this to be true though

I

i8waffles612

So I get to stay here in New York for a little bit while I wait for my flight later today. I’m shaking from excitement and…coldness. Anyways, I’m back from my interview and I have to say…man. Nintendo must be ready to start the viral marketing because even I was amazed at the amount of info I was able to obtain. As for the full contents of the interview, I can’t post it yet, or give away the name of the person I interviewed, because for some reason the development team is apparently some sort of secret. Great. Now I can look like a liar…whatever, things will become clearer over time. You don’t know how hard it was to resist rick rolling everyone first, and then posting this. Anyways, I can’t say I’m surprised. When you find out who the team consists of, you’ll be dumbfounded. So, in a shockingly clever post, I’ll only include the answers, because really…who cares about questions, there’s nothing to be learned from them in this situation. I also talked to a PR to dig up some dirt on other upcoming games…prepare to be learnified.

hmmmm....Imagine what this can meen?
i dont get it. what "team"

huh?

JesterBox

Smash Ace
Someone find out who Nintendrone's favorite character is immediatly!

But who is Nintendrone? I really wish it was an actaully text version of the interview, and I wish something would confirm this as legit :(

Toologist

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Toologist
3DS FC
0963-1281-8162
...Uh, Chuk didn't give the interview. He was just quoting part of that interview from Nintendrone, and giving his comment towards the part he bolded.

GreenMamba

Smash Journeyman
Did everyone take their gullible pills this morning, or what?

Doesn't anyone find it the least bit curious that a very smalltime blog got to interview someone on big name games despite that similar sized Nintendo blogs and bigger ones have not even bothered to mention even the prospect of such?

If this smalltime blog was given the chance to interview and was allowed to say that he was given a chance for a bigtime interview, he definitely wouldn't be the only one getting a freaking interview.

Yet he is. How is this not suspicious?

Muffin_man

Smash Journeyman
I would squeal if it turned out to be Petey Piranha. In agony that is.

I'm taking this with a grain of salt, but it could easily be true and IF it's true than that's great news. Sounds like they've managed to get more characters in than they expected, clones are either getting costume-ised or Luigi-fied and fan service is the team's main offering.

The Director

Smash Lord
I have a feeling this news is all true, simply based upon the fact that tomorrow is the big day. I would expect tiny hints and bits to slip out early. Also, a lot of this sounds pretty legit. If a mad fan were to post some bogus stuff online we'd have character lists and wild dreams that we all want in Brawl.

Players will be able to choose from multiple control options. Main focus is on GC controller, and Nintendo is currently considering redistribution of them.

This is what I was hoping for. I made a post in the countdown thread yesterday (good luck finding it) I have a feeling we'll see a Wii editition of the GC controller when Brawl is released. And not some bull**** third party Wii version of the controller, I'm talking about an official Nintendo seal of quality controller for all you losers who want to point out that there's already a third party one.

Tomorrow's just the tip of the iceberg: think about it, in the coming weeks we're going to have news slipping in every week!

Croco

Smash Lord
This is what I was hoping for. I made a post in the countdown thread yesterday (good luck finding it) I have a feeling we'll see a Wii editition of the GC controller when Brawl is released. And not some bull**** third party Wii version of the controller, I'm talking about an official Nintendo seal of quality controller for all you losers who want to point out that there's already a third party one.
I wouldn't be surprised if the controller even came with the game.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
I have a feeling this news is all true, simply based upon the fact that tomorrow is the big day. I would expect tiny hints and bits to slip out early. Also, a lot of this sounds pretty legit. If a mad fan were to post some bogus stuff online we'd have character lists and wild dreams that we all want in Brawl.

Players will be able to choose from multiple control options. Main focus is on GC controller, and Nintendo is currently considering redistribution of them.

Tomorrow's just the tip of the iceberg: think about it, in the coming weeks we're going to have news slipping in every week!
I really hope that all of this is true and that they will announce that they willhave a Gamecube based controller

Saimdusan

Smash Apprentice
This is believable... but why did sites like IGN and Joystiq not get this? Why would they release LOADS of information BEFORE the event they are participating in? It makes no sense!

ecstatic

Smash Journeyman
Within 8,000 miles of you, unless you're in space.
All you saying that this isn't legit don't know what you're talking about. Nintendrone is freelance... eh, what's the word? I'll just use interviewer. He posted in a few spots that he was doing this about a week ago, asking what questions he should ask. Of course, I can't prove it, neither can he, but he seems very believeable to me. Whatever, we'll figure out tomorrow.

Anyways, this is awesome!

I

i8waffles612

This is believable... but why did sites like IGN and Joystiq not get this? Why would they release LOADS of information BEFORE the event they are participating in? It makes no sense!
IGN does not update their site on the weekends

bluethree

Smash Journeyman
Some people need to work on their reading comprehension skills.

Up to 50 characters doesn't mean over 50 characters. What it probably means is that they have 40 or so already done or near completion and they hope to add some more with a total of 50 being a possible but not very plausible maximum.

Knowing Nintendrone's favorite character will help nothing considering he was quoting whoever he was interviewing. It's the interviewee that said one of his/her favorites is a "surprise character". The blogger even said that he/she wasn't told any new characters.

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion

But who is Nintendrone? I really wish it was an actaully text version of the interview, and I wish something would confirm this as legit :(
It's SAKURAI'S favorite character, not Nintendrones. Didn't you notice who it was in quotation marks?

Fawriel

Smash Master
I say it's true. Could imagine that Nintendo's just giving some info to little distributors of news so as to stir up the rumor kitchen. Marketing is friggin warfare, kids.

Rash

Smash Ace
Nintendo's had some mediocre direct-marketing in the past. However, now they're really trying to stir-up hype, and are succeeding. Viral marketing is effective, and I have a feeling that it's become Nintendo's forte.

Mccdbz5

Smash Journeyman
I believe the information we've received is true. Think about it...Most of these fake rumors that are being made-up never sound believable at all. You can almost tell when something is made-up, or when it's not. None of this information sounds out there like a normal rumor would sound like. All the information that has been provided sounds believable.

Tera253

Smash Ace
since they pretty much reinstated all information that we already knew, it is most likely true.
the biggest thing Tera pulled out of it was that all SSB64 characters will return. that means Jiggs and DK are back. they're some of the funny ones.

~Tera253~

Adi

Smash Lord
Why wouldn't DK return? He's only one of nintendo's most important mascots ever.

Well Rare has been whoring itself out to Xbox I believe, and nintendo hasn't released a donkey kong game in forever, so it wasn't completely out of the picture that he may not be there.

Yomon

Smash Apprentice
If that source is telling the truth, and that would mean there's going to be all the SSB64 characters, then that implies that Ness is returning and that makes me very happy because I was a little disappointed not seeing Ness in the last two released videos.

There's only one way to find if this info is true, wait for tomorrow. Although if that fails, then we can always wait for the game to be released ;o

This really doesn't seem like loads of info...if anything, this is just the drizzle before the downpour.

Wow, is the info is true... and this is only a taste of it. Tomorrow is going to be HUGE!

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
Yeah...Rare is out of Nintendo now so we won't be seeing the great D.Kong games.
The character of Donkey Kong is owned completly by Nintendo. While we might not get the same type of games as before, Nintendo can continue to produce games with D.K in them.

HiddenTiger

Smash Lord
Errrm... huh. I can't say for certain whether I beleive any of this or not. It doesn't sound like your average rumor, but that part at the end bugs me.
No comment on shoot the credits
For one, why would the interviewer bring up such a trivial point in an interview like this one? And for two, if he was indeed asked, why would the mystery inverviewee decline from commenting? It's not like it matters either way.

So, it sounds true-ish, but that last little bit is enough to keep me skeptical.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom