• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nintendrone Interview

Status
Not open for further replies.

petre

Smash Lord
closest to Sterling Heights, MI on your wii foreca
i hate you hidden tiger. i read through all the posts to make sure nobody said anything on the shoot the credits thing yet, and the very last one (yours) has it in there.

this isnt really anything new though. i wouldnt be suprised if this 'interview' didnt really happen, and they just threw this thing together with what we already know, and by making some assumptions with some things we didnt already know for sure but were pretty much guaranteed.

Super Smash Master

Smash Lord
Well Rare has been whoring itself out to Xbox I believe, and nintendo hasn't released a donkey kong game in forever, so it wasn't completely out of the picture that he may not be there.

They will own Donkey Kong and any characters Rare created for the franchise. That's why there is a 99.9% chance of Diddy kong being a newcomer.

Croco

Smash Lord
And for two, if he was indeed asked, why would the mystery inverviewee decline from commenting? It's not like it matters either way.

So, it sounds true-ish, but that last little bit is enough to keep me skeptical.
My guess is because it could be someone we could identify from a 3rd party developer and if they say their name, we could easily figure out which 3rd party character made it in brawl.

GreenMamba

Smash Journeyman
Could somebody explain how it isn't the least bit suspicious that a smalltime blog got to get a bigtime interview on the big time games and seemingly no one else?

Sure, the big sources likely won't update until tomorrow for anything, but what about other smalltime establishments? He couldn't have honestly been the only independent reporter with this opportunity, yet not a single other small to moderately sized blog has given any sort of hint at the chance to interview anyone. And for small blogs, this would be big news.

Mccdbz5

Smash Journeyman
You know, everyone keeps saying, "We'll find out tomorrow," but just because the website is updating doesn't guarantee that we will be getting new information on the game. For all we know, this so called "rumor," could in-fact be true, but it doesn't mean we are going to find out whether or not it's true tomorrow.

Croco

Smash Lord
You know, everyone keeps saying, "We'll find out tomorrow," but just because the website is updating doesn't guarantee that we will be getting new information on the game. For all we know, this so called "rumor," could in-fact be true, but it doesn't mean we are going to find out whether or not it's true tomorrow.
Out of all the rumors I heard.. I just hope this one is true.

bluethree

Smash Journeyman
just because the website is updating doesn't guarantee that we will be getting new information on the game.
Nintendo of America alludes to the countdown, saying a "major update" is on the way. An updated website that has no new information on it would hardly be a major update.

Toologist

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Toologist
3DS FC
0963-1281-8162
Could somebody explain how it isn't the least bit suspicious that a smalltime blog got to get a bigtime interview on the big time games and seemingly no one else?

Sure, the big sources likely won't update until tomorrow for anything, but what about other smalltime establishments? He couldn't have honestly been the only independent reporter with this opportunity, yet not a single other small to moderately sized blog has given any sort of hint at the chance to interview anyone. And for small blogs, this would be big news.

How many times have you had to repeat yourself on these forums and GameFAQS? o_O

Sensai

Smash Master
I agree with Mamba. This is entirely too good.

Seriously guys, look at it and read it. It's everything you want to hear. Doesn't that surprise you a little bit? It's everything that all of us have been praying for for these past few months, with not a single bit of that realism that we've come to hate when dealing with Nintendo.

Now look at it. Hard. Harder. Besides being everything you wanted to hear, what else is it? It's....stuff we already know. There's very VERY little in there we don't know already or haven't been able to discern.

I call bogus. Wait the 12 more hours that we have in peace, not desperation.

[Edit:]

Corax King proves my point, albeit by misreading the article. It says the thing about no more then 50 characters, which he says 'seems like A LOT'. Of course it does; none of us were expecting more then that, not even in our wildest (ok, maybe our wildest) dreams. Just him saying something we've already come to deduce.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Lots of stuff that's neither confirming nor denying anything, general comments which almost anyone could guess or assume, and a few things of pure speculation.
I wouldn't pay this "news" any notice.

Shark X

Smash Lord
My thoughts...

* Players will be able to choose from multiple control options. Main focus is on GC controller, and Nintendo is currently considering redistribution of them. (Good, I can’t find wavebirds anywhere. I hope this means I can just use the remote and nunchuck, he wouldn’t say.)
This guy has to be kidding. The Wiimote is the worse controller ever, and he wants to play Smash with it?

* No motion-sensitive controls in main game. (Does that mean mini-games etc. will?)
This is actually year old news.

* Game will feature no more than 50 characters. (Gee, thanks a lot. I didn’t know that already </sarcasm>)
So they went from 40 to 50? I wonder who the new tenish character are. Who ever they are, they must of been picked from those fan choices or whatever, while they probably already had 40ish planned.

*“Since there’s a huge fan-demand for online play, the game will almost definitely feature it. That’s the plan. We pay a lot more attention to the fans than you would think, and we think it would be pretty dumb to ignore it. What’s funny is if we had never addressed the rumor, people wouldn’t be so expectant of it as they are.” (Thank god, hopefully an end to the “This better be online or I’m not buying it” stuff.)
Also year old news.

* They wouldn’t tell me any new specific characters. (Just thought I’d get that in there.)
They suck! >.< Then again I wouldn't trust you anyway.

* “Fans will be extremely pleased with the quality and number of characters we’ve brought around, as we made this very much a fan-desire project. There won’t be anymore ‘clones’ (just thought I should mention, he did the finger quote thing, and I literally lol’d) either. There are definitely characters that will be huge surprises too, one of which happens to be my absolute favorite.” (Thanks for the cliffhanger. Wait…so no more clones? What about…)
Not sure if this is commonly known or not (since I only heard/read it once, and never found the source again), but this is also year old news to me.

* Not all characters will return. The original smash bros. will. (Oh…bye Roy (one of my mains.))
Also year old news.

* Alternate Costumes/Color Schemes will be included. (Hot sauce. I’ll take white Zora Link please.)
While the colors are more along the lines of "No **** Sherlock", I was hoping for some costumes, so I hope this is true. Dr. Mario, Wario's original outfit, FD Link, maybe OoT and TP Ganondorfs, ect.

* No comment on third parties. (**** you.)
Agreed.

* The game has been made “more balanced”. (Cool. No more tiers? Ummm…idk if I like this yet.)
Isn't this also year old news?

* No comment on N64 like intros. (lol)
...I didn't understand this.

* No comment on “advanced techniques”. (I’m mediocre at that stuff anyway, so, I’m neutral on this.)
God I hope there aren't any super hard one's like Shuffles and wave dashes, otherwise online play will be very hard and impossible for me, because I been working on those 'advanced techniques' for years, and still no where near pulling them off well (except Slow-Mo mode).

* There will be new items, and some have been taken out. (Bob-ombs confirmed, don’t worry.)
Old items removed? Only one's I really hated were Cloaking (only in CPU battled since they always knew where you were, while I had trouble finding myself), Lip Stick, Flipper (I want the bumper back dammit!), and Party Ball.

* Super Smash Attacks are not immediately activated, can be reserved. (Well, now that I think about it…duh.)
Really? This is new news to me.

* Adventure mode will be much larger, classic mode will be featured. (No word on if chars. Would have individual stories)
No **** on Classic mode. And the larger Adventure mode was another duh, considering more characters and all. But I do hope they work on it a bit (like adding hidden characters in Adventure mode as enemies once they are unlocked and such).

* Will include more game modes, some from N64 will return. (Due to popular demand, apparently.)
Wait, there were modes in the 64 version that weren't in Melee? Why don't I remember this? I seriously need to dig that game back up some day...

* Events will be included. (I love those things, so to me it’s awesome.)
That makes one of us. While they are invintive, they were also annoyingly hard. Took me a **** month to beat them all, mainly the event involving Pikachu with two Pichu's as allies.

* This game is scheduled to release this year. (My guess is Fall.)
Week or so old news. At least it's not year old news like the rest of this crap.

* No comment on shoot the credits.
Who cared?

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Or because the game is still being made and clones were last minute additions, they could still very well add some.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
My thoughts...
This guy has to be kidding. The Wiimote is the worse controller ever, and he wants to play Smash with it?
No where in there did he mention a wiimote. He just said that players have many copntroll options.

So they went from 40 to 50? I wonder who the new tenish character are. Who ever they are, they must of been picked from those fan choices or whatever, while they probably already had 40ish planned.
50 max dude. it's a big number, but I think they are just saying 50 to give it some kind of limit[/quote]

Old items removed? Only one's I really hated were Cloaking (only in CPU battled since they always knew where you were, while I had trouble finding myself), Lip Stick, Flipper (I want the bumper back dammit!), and Party Ball.
The Cloaking Device also prevented you from taking damage(still took impact). Plus, it's not hard to fimnd them. Just pay a little attention. theya re actually pretty visable.[/quote]

Wait, there were modes in the 64 version that weren't in Melee? Why don't I remember this? I seriously need to dig that game back up some day...
Board The Platforms

Also, this interview could very well be true. on thing he mentioned was we'll see Metroid Priume 3 sooner then expected. Well, it's just announced that it will come out August 20th, way earlier them most expectations. So, it's possible this is true.

Sensai

Smash Master
Aha! I see why a lot of you people are believing him. It's simple, really: you're unable to read.

Everyone, look at the article. It says 50 characters MAX, not MORE THEN 50 characters. Please, before you post on a forum, learn to read.

For those of you who passed 3rd grade, sorry you had to spend your time reading this.

Fastinyoh

Smash Apprentice
Aha! I see why a lot of you people are believing him. It's simple, really: you're unable to read.

Everyone, look at the article. It says 50 characters MAX, not MORE THEN 50 characters. Please, before you post on a forum, learn to read.

For those of you who passed 3rd grade, sorry you had to spend your time reading this.
To most people, saying that there will be "no more than 50" characters implies that there will be nearly or exactly 50 characters.

Zarasai

Smash Journeyman
"no more than 50" could even mean theres only 17 characters - the original 12 and the already announced new ones. now wouldnt that suck

"no mroe than 50" means nothing outside of somewhere between 0 and 50 characters. it is by no means an implication there is nearly 50 characters

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
a good number of characters that we can probably expect is from 34 to 42 being the most but since it sakurai's last smash we might see close to 50

Brawler180

Smash Rookie
Yes! Ness is *sorta* confirmed
What about Luigi? Is he going to be totally redone?
Or is he going to stay a semi-clone?

Darth Vivi

Smash Rookie
I don't know anything about Nintendrone, but several people in this topic said they know him, and he has a good reputation. So unless these random active posters are wrong, I don't see why not to believe him.

Did you notice Nintendrone said he would have more info on the 22nd? Assuming this interview is real, this would mean some huge bit of news is going to hit us today, and he's not allowed to spoil it.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
If this is true, then no more then fifty probably hints at the 40's range. Otherwise the guy would have said no more then 40 so there would be less disappointment.

DarkKyanite

Smash Journeyman
nice to c falcon's face
even tho they made him look like a monkey on the game cover
but o well

falcon ftw!!!

and the rest of the chars!

Sensai

Smash Master
No surprise at all.

Perhaps you guys should start combing the details out of the real information that came out yesterday as opposed to this fake stuff?

Just a suggestion...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom