• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nintendo Direct confirmed for tomorrow, June 18th @ 10am EST

Direct_June_24.jpg

Nintendo has just announced that a Nintendo Direct will be airing tomorrow. You can check out the full announcement below:

The presentation will be roughly 40 minutes long and focused on games releasing in the second half of 2024. There will be no Switch successor news in this Direct. Nintendo had previously revealed that we would be getting a June Nintendo Direct back in May.

The June Direct airs on June 18th @ 7am PT/10am EST. You can watch it here when it airs.

Credits:
Writing/Editing: Sari Sari
Thumbnail Graphic: @Zerp
Social Media: @Zerp

Author's Note: What are you hoping/expected gets announced tomorrow? Let us know in the comments below!

Sari

Comments

My direct predictions:

1)star fox 99

2) Opens on Kid Iccarus Uprising HD

3)ends on Prime 4 reveal.

4) Prime 2 and 3 remastered

5) Legend of Zelda in the style of links awakening, starting Zelda.

6) Ace Attorney Investigations collection. I want 7, but at this point capcom will make us wait I’m betting.

7) Dragon Quest Edrick trilogy.

8) Live a live 2

9) Legends Z-A starter reveal and Pokemon presents announced for next week.

10) Mario Party superstars 2. Better character roster, boards from the GameCube era.

11) Mario and Sonic at the Paris Olympics.

12) F-Zero Gx remastered

13) TYD DLC/ Free Update.

14) “thank you for watching today, please keep in mind we will showcase the switch successor in August

15) New Dk game

Screw it, here's my Bingo (made from a mix of gut feelings, logic, and a couple of random leaks I came across)

New NSO Releases (GBA or N64, not NES or SNES)
Ports of Ace Attorney Investigations
A new Mario Party game with a weird gimmick
Dragon Quest HD-2D project (probably DQ3)
News about Nintendo World Championship
A new Warriors title (maybe Xeno Warriors?)
New Splatoon amiibo, but no games or DLC
An Among Us update
A new Mario sports game (with drip-feed updates)
Vague announcement for a new 2D Zelda game
F-Zero 99 EOS announcement (already)
An unexpected Mario remake (Pinball Land?)
Free Space!
Silksong doesn't appear. (Sorry.)
Donkey Kong continues his decade-long drought
News about Luigi's Mansion 2 HD
SMT V Vengeance trailer, "Available Now!"
Super Monkey Ball Banana Rumble trailer
A Fire Emblem remake (Genealogy?)
New Pushmo project (or just a collection)
Another GameCube or Wii remake of some sort
Vague new trailer for Pokémon Legends Z-A
At least one new farming simulator
Mario & Sonic at the 2024 Paris Olympic Games
Another Metroid Prime 4 teaser (<20 sec.)

Last edited:
Usually I skip these and get the recaps afterwards, but I'm sick and youtube recommended hasn't been hitting so I'll pop in and watch.

SO yeah Zelda Echoes of the Kingdom!
I fell Very Conflicted My Boi got sent to the shadow realm!
But he got to save zelda, My favourite Artstyle Returns, I can Use Octoroks, MECHA OCTO, Classic locals and races get brought back something i always wanted, Also zelda actually plays uniquely and the playstle is fun!
BUT in this day and age this could spell bad things for the future BUT this game is fun BUT could that mean less Link games?
BUT
I weirdly enough think that my boi still has a role to play in this Game!
For one im sure he shows up in the final battle just like zelda usually does
Number 2: I think this game has a level editor mode where you can play as Link!

All in all i thought i never got to see my favourite artstyle Again and now we got: A remake, An Amazing Costume and a new game so im sure this style is now on a level with the toon Style which makes me happy because this artstyle (and toon) were my zelda Childhood!

In a way, today was a win for the people who were hoping to play some of the M-rated N64 titles. Turok and Perfect Dark may not be much, but it's a start.

And just as a side note, the Mature 17+ version of the N64 - NSO software is completely separate from the standard version; those under the age of 17 will still be able to download the standard N64 - NSO software.

I think it's safe to say the Switch is having much better end to its lifespan than the Wii U did lol.
We've all been thinking the last years of the 3DS and Wii U were cheap as they were because Nintendo was focused entirely on making Switch games instead, but here it looks like only Echoes of Wisdom could be something made with a previous game's assets.

We've all been thinking the last years of the 3DS and Wii U were cheap as they were because Nintendo was focused entirely on making Switch games instead, but here it looks like only Echoes of Wisdom could be something made with a previous game's assets.
I mean it definitly uses assets from Links awekning (and LA already had simpler assets) Because greezo is a smaller studio!
But why should a 2d Zelda with an adorable artstyle have high quality assets? Also most of the assets are new only link, some areas, some items and some monsters are reused!
(because LA didnt really have many monster types and Areas or Races)
Now Oracle remakes would probably be mostly reused assets (outside of the ages Bosses and the diffrent items and stuff)
I hope they take inspiration from the oracle for the gorons they looked very adorable!

I hope they take inspiration from the oracle for the gorons they looked very adorable!
It is possible. They are taking inspiration from Oracle of Ages' plotline of conflict between the two Zora races, the River Zora (enemy Zoras seen in 2D Zeldas) and Sea Zoras (friendly Zoras seen in 3D Zeldas).
The game as a whole seems to similar to BotW/TotK in that they are taking numerous different elements of different Zelda games all into one. The map and Ganon designs are similar to ALttP, Business Scrubs are using the Majora's Mask design, there is a Castle Town more akin to Minish Cap, the list goes on.

Top Bottom