• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nintendo 3DS

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Not to be a killjoy, but considering that every other music track found in Action 52 has been confirmed to be ripped from other games (aside from the intro, which samples a song that they also didn't make), it's likely that the Cheetahmen theme is taken from an as-of-yet-unrecognized game, too.
With the popularity of Cheetahmen's theme, as well as the fact that they spent the most time with Cheetahmen than any of their other games in their advertising - going as far as to pay to make a commercial with animation, I'm pretty sure if anything isn't ripped off in the game it's that theme

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
Holy crap, Oscar in Movie Land is on the DSi/3DS eShop?!

I loved that game back on the Amiga. Trolls had better music and ran a bit smoother, but Oscar was just cooler.

I need to get some eShop stuff, Shantae and Switch Force look awesome, and Dilon's Rolling Western and that game with the block puzzles were you make a picture and push blocks out to climb it or something look sweet too.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
+1 on Shantae and basically anything Wayforward has done.

Also yes get Pushmo!

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
Righteo XD.
Out of all of Wayforward's stuff, Switch Force is the only one I really have any interest in. They look great, but don't seem to be my type of game, especially Mighty Milky Way.

I've had my 3DS for almost a year now and I still only have 2 games on it >_>. I really like the console, but I keep putting off buying games for it.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Mighty Milky was the least interesting as far as I found. Shantae was the best.

Mighty switch force is pretty good.

They also did A Boy and his Blob on the wii, which I still want to get because the original was one of my favorite games on the NES

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
I never picked that up due to not being that familiar with the original, and being skeptical about the fact that it's a new version of an older game.

Didn't realise it way Wayforward who did it though.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Rayman Origins 3DS says it's out...again.

Can someone confirm before I am disappointed again?

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
According to Wikipedia it was out on the 6th November in America, so yesterday, but it's definitely been out in the UK for a few months now.
Why did they delay the US version so much?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
According to Wikipedia it was out on the 6th November in America, so yesterday, but it's definitely been out in the UK for a few months now.
Why did they delay the US version so much?
Wikipedia had the date wrong for it's release before, so I don't trust them.

I really want to know if someone has seen it in stores

I have no idea why it was delayed so long.

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
Wikipedia had the date wrong for it's release before, so I don't trust them.

I really want to know if someone has seen it in stores

I have no idea why it was delayed so long.
Gamestop and Amazom.com both have it listed in stock, with Amazon offering one day shipping for delivery tomorrow.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Neither Gamestop nor Walmart had it or heard anything about it, so I doubt it's really out

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
I'm going to guess that Origins is having distribution issues like some other 3DS games out there right now (Zero Escape, Professor Layton, etc.).

I checked Canadian Amazon, it says they have it in stock, but it will take five to eight weeks to ship it, and when it's that long, that usually means they have to get it right from the publisher, rather than the distributor, and they don't have any in their warehouse. Don't know if it's the same for American Amazon, however.

Alternatively, you could check other sources, you know?

EDIT: Just checked Amazon.com, Jimny is right. You can definitely order it, and they are offering same-day shipping, etc.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
My problem with that is, why does Amazon have it but no one else?

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Depends on what you're getting. Went to Best Buy last year and those Zelda 3DS Bundles were just lying around. I'm sure no one is gonna touch these.

Lovely

Smash Lord
Did anyone like Paper Mario Sticker Star? I like it, but I'll agree if it's the worst of the Paper Marios. My main problems are
attack can only be done with stickers, there is no growth in battle only outside of battle and lack of amazing story
. Right IMO it's PM = PMTTYD > SPM > PMSS. I can only hope the newer Paper Mario will use the gameplay from the first two.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
The Paper Mario game was a terrible purchase. Wish I could refund it and I wonder if I'll even attempt to continue and beat the game.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
The only complaint I've heard for it is that the only reward for winning a battle is coins.

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
Sticker Star is getting **** on in a lot of reviews. Like this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1DiQ7h8EStU&feature=related Gave Sticker Star a 2/5 and most of the people agreed with the rating.

I guess I won't be getting this game, which is a really big letdown because I loved Paper Mario 1 and 2.
After watching this review I'm unsure of whether or not I should buy the game. I like the fact that it is more of an open world, but the combat system is making me doubt if I'll like the game or not. It sounds like this is a game in which people will either love it or hate it.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
The biggest turnoff for me was finding out that there are no partners in this game. The partners that you met throughout Paper Mario's journey and leveling them up as you go was one of my favorite aspects of the series... Why move away from that?

Finding out that combat purely revolves around stickers that you collect was the icing on the cake for me.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
And here I was thinking of getting it in order to take advantage of that Donkey Kong Arcade offer. But yeah, no partners and only being able to attack with stickers is what is making me raise an eyebrow. From what I can tell though, the ideas aren't all that bad, they're just not executed all that well.

Definitely a big letdown, I was honestly hoping for it to be the first PM game that I'd finish (loved the others but stuff got in the way of finishing them).

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
[FONT=&quot]☯ It's more so Intelligent Systems fault, that or they are so focused on Fire Emblem Awakening that they didn't know the direction of Paper Mario Sticker Star. Ether way, I will still get the game. [FONT=&quot]★[/FONT][/FONT]

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
I've only seen about half an hour of gameplay, but I like stickers combat mechanic. From what I saw, you never run out of stickers, but you can easily run out of your best awesome shiny stickers.

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
The biggest turnoff for me was finding out that there are no partners in this game. The partners that you met throughout Paper Mario's journey and leveling them up as you go was one of my favorite aspects of the series... Why move away from that?

Finding out that combat purely revolves around stickers that you collect was the icing on the cake for me.
Idk, according to the review you would most likely have plenty of stickers during the game.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Worst thing is having somebody left at 1hp and you need to waste another sticker just for that.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I guess I'll give it a chance, but it came out at a bad time for me.

I spend lost of money this season on gifts for christmas. Plus I'm buying the wii-u...

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
Haven't played a Paper Mario yet, would the game be worth getting? Seems like a lot of the complaints are directed at changes from past games.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Idk, according to the review you would most likely have plenty of stickers during the game.
I understand that but the whole concept sounds very gimmicky overall to me... Especially the part where you need to find specific stickers just to get past certain boss fights. That just sounds silly.

Top Bottom