• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nintendo 3DS

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
It's very true when i say there's a huge backlog of games I have, but never played.

The entire MGS series for playstation included.

So no, I didn't get it for that.

:cool:

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
MGS2 demo was on ZOE, Second Runner came out a good while after MGS2's release.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
For anyone who bought the 3DS early and is unsure of their Ambassador/get free stuff status:

http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/sy...u=how&submenu=ctr-ht-amb-lookup&source=online

for some reason, the site specifically tells you to enter that last digit that is in the box, but if you do this it will tell you that you are not an Ambassador no matter what. So don't put in that last digit and it should give the correct info

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Word? I went on before the 12th and I didn't see a message like that . . .

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
Wait so even though I got the message saying i was in the program, but since the message is gone does that mean i have to use that link and enter in the serial number?

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
The "you're an ambassador" news item was universal, so they had to remove it once there were people who weren't actually ambassadors. lol

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Rumor: 3DS hardware redesign in the cards

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/08/23/rumor-3ds-hardware-redesign-in-the-cards/

http://kotaku.com/5833489/is-nintendo-working-on-a-redesigned-3ds

According to French website 01Net, insiders said that Nintendo is prepping an entirely new 3DS model that "radically tones down" the handheld's 3D, and it could even be an entirely new rebranding for the portable. This means that the recent price cut could have been a way for retailers to clear excess 3DS stock to make way for the new iteration.

What's more, Nintendo is apparently planning a detachable second analog stick for the current 3DS that will retail for "about $10", which sounds a bit underpriced and rather odd.
If this is true...then poor early 3DS adopters. Glad I chose to wait.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I didn't not want to post this when I found out yesterday because I don't like feeding the rumor mill.

You really shouldn't have done that.

It's a rumor.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I JUST bought a 3DS. I'm super mad if an improved version comes out.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
If this is true...then poor early 3DS adapters. Glad I chose to wait.
"Adopters", you mean. And the people hit hardest would be the ones who bought it post-price-drop, since they get neither Ambassador games nor the benefits of this alleged redesign.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I'm sure you're welcome to post them, but I do not like discussing rumors. Especially of this kind.

That being said I feel the rumor coming true to be highly unlikely.

Dodongo

rly likes smoke
BRoomer
I know there will eventually be a redesign, and that it will probably sport two circle pads, but I don't think it will be very soon.

metalmonstar

Smash Lord
How can it be an improved version if they are going to tone down the 3D? A brilliant idea would be to have the improved version have improved 3D, 3D that you can see from multiple angles, and 3D that won't give you headaches.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
3DS doesn't make my head hurt, however it makes everything i nthe world pop out more after using it

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Rumor: 3DS hardware redesign in the cards
This time I purposely chose to wait. After the GBA and DS, Nintendo usually does a great job on their redesign.
Plus there isn't much out that I'm dying to buy anyways.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
I seriously doubt they are going to add another joystick.

If they DO it won't be for many years. Everyone who is mad about the price slash? Imagine that times 1000x and that's what Nintendo will see if they add another joystick anytime soon.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Speaking of rumors...

BIG 3DS ANNOUNCEMENT!!

http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2011/08/23/nintendo_september_announcement/

Nintendo will be holding a big conferance in Japan on September 13, 2011, basically a NEW Nintendo game will be announced, it's states it's going to be a big "announcement" for the 3DS.

So far, there have been rumors that a new Fire Emblem 13 would be coming out on the 3DS, it's a sequel based on FE6, another I think that may happen is Pokemon Gray, it might the the 3rd Pokemon RPG to complete the Pokemon Black/White versions on the 3DS.

Here's the link to that if you are wondering about FE:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0Rjh2jrHVQ&

:phone:

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
A sequel to FE6 would make me the happest person ever.

And then NoA won't bring it over.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I've literally been gorging myself on all the DS titles I've been missing since I never owned a DS. Or a GBA for that matter, which makes me happy about the Ambassador thing.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Funny thing about it is that I've never owned a 3DS or DS for that matter, last one being was the GBA, I really do want to check out the 3DS series of games since there are quite a few exclusives coming out for it, considering that it also has FE:Shadow Dragon on there is tempting me to grab one, but the PS Vita is what's holding me back. :/

:phone:

theeboredone

Smash Legend
As mentioned, Hotel Dusk is pretty neat. If you're into puzzles and mysteries, take a look at the Phoenix Wright and Professor Layton series.

Scribblenauts is fun.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I'm into Visual Novel stuff as of late, so I got Time Hollow, 999, and just today picked up my pre-order copy of Devil Survivor Overclocked (3DS "substance" remake of Devil Survivor).

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
An unannounced redesign would be a major mistake on Nintendo's part, now that they've just attracted tons of sales for the $170 model.

Top Bottom