• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nintendo 3DS

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
The red one is actually pretty good, if anyone likes red. It looks much better in combination with the black half of the system than the odd teal-shade blue does, imo.

*Tyson*

Smash Ace
We get what we pay for.
Haha not quite. They paid less and get everything we get.;)

Someone's not up to date. It's coming out in america next month.
You are so right my friend. I am slacking on keeping up to date on all of my information. Thanks for the update though!:)

Got the 3DS yesterday from Wal-Mart with Ocarina of Time. I gotta say the 3D looks pretty good. I'm liking the system so far.
Good call, what other games you going to pick up?

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Someone's not up to date. It's coming out in america next month.
Well, the guy who originally asked to buy one is buying or already bought one. He wanted to purchase it at Walmart so he could get the discount and the free games...so the red one is kinda null in the decision.

MechaWave

Smash Champion
Aw man, do I wait for the schmexy red 3DS to come out to get it, or do I go to Gamestop this weekend and get one for $99.99? Choices, man!
Best to wait for the red 3DS. Show off its sexiness to your friends. ♥

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
Aw man, do I wait for the schmexy red 3DS to come out to get it, or do I go to Gamestop this weekend and get one for $99.99? Choices, man!
100 bucks seems like a steal, I'd go with that. But if you really want to spend an extra 70 bucks to have your 3DS be red instead, well I guess if it is worth it to you.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
http://www.nintendo.co.uk/NOE/en_GB/systems/nintendo_3ds_ambassador_programme_44250.html

Features of the Virtual Console NES titles (priority delivery version)
-You will be able to “Transfer to another Nintendo 3DS” with the “System Transfer” function that will be provided in future system updates.

Features of the Virtual Console Game Boy Advance titles
-You will be able to “Transfer to another Nintendo 3DS” with the “System Transfer” function that will be provided in future system updates.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
As long as you've connected to the eshop once before, you can download them at any date. But from what I can gather, they're not actually sending out the games until September.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
As long as you've connected to the eshop once before, you can download them at any date. But from what I can gather, they're not actually sending out the games until September.
And that's just the NES games out on September1st. The GBA games are due out before the end of the year, they said.

I'm sure we'll be getting clearer details really soon.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/systems/dsi/en_na/sdCards.jsp#blocks

This puts Excitebike 3D at "only" 23 MB. It'd be more helpful if you gave me the size of a Virtual Console game, so I can make some estimates based on ROMs from there, but considering we won't be getting ridiculous 3D enhancements or anything, an estimate of around 5 MB per GBA game, or 40 blocks, and somewhere around 300 KB per NES game, or 2-3 blocks, would likely be reasonable.

WaffleBlaster

Smash Journeyman
http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/systems/dsi/en_na/sdCards.jsp#blocks

This puts Excitebike 3D at "only" 23 MB. It'd be more helpful if you gave me the size of a Virtual Console game, so I can make some estimates based on ROMs from there, but considering we won't be getting ridiculous 3D enhancements or anything, an estimate of around 5 MB per GBA game, or 40 blocks, and somewhere around 300 KB per NES game, or 2-3 blocks, would likely be reasonable.
I got 64 blocks per GBA, but are all of the GBA titles so far standard sized GBA games? There are some games like Mother 3 that take up about 4 times as much as normal. And I don't have any NES VC games/ROMs, so I dunno, but I guess that sounds about right. So I guess based on that we are looking at 430-670 blocks total. That doesn't seem too awful, I mean Nintendo Video takes up 2439 additional blocks, so it's hardly the most massive memory waste. I hope we can redownload these if we upgrade to a bigger SD card.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
I wonder how Nintendo's going to tackle piracy in terms of these 20 games.

MechaWave

Smash Champion
There's even a few 3DS roms have been dumped but are unplayable for obvious reasons (no flash cart plays them, no emulator). It's partly Nintendo's fault for leaving them open for pirates.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Yeah as of now, there are no flashcarts that play 3DS games, although they are easy to find and dl. So far, it also seems like there hasn't been a game with a NEED for 3D so I wouldn't be surprised if an emulator comes out without the use of 3D and just the ability to play 3DS games.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
Yeah as of now, there are no flashcarts that play 3DS games, although they are easy to find and dl. So far, it also seems like there hasn't been a game with a NEED for 3D so I wouldn't be surprised if an emulator comes out without the use of 3D and just the ability to play 3DS games.
Hardly a problem. Nintendo banked too hard on the 3D craze.

Honestly, does ANYONE care about 3D in games? I certainly don't.

WaffleBlaster

Smash Journeyman
I'm sorry but there are NO games on the 3DS that I'm am interested in...
Not even Ocarina 3D, Street Fighter IV, Star Fox 64, Resident Evil Mercenaries, Resident Evil Revelations, Kid Icarus, Super Mario 3D, Super Paper Mario, Cave Story 3D, Mario Kart 7, Snake Eater 3D, Ace Combat 3D, Luigi's Mansion 2, Professor Layton and the Mask of Miracle, Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney, Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance, or Tales of the Abyss? Man, you are picky!

GunmasterLombardi

Smash Champion
I play all kinds of games.

The Metal Solid Collection is coming to PS3 and 360 so I wouldn't play a handheld version of Snake Eater. Kid Icarus Uprising is the only game left in my interest.

EDIT: Square Enix needs to make KH3 b4 I buy their games again.

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion

The Metal Solid Collection is coming to PS3 and 360 so I wouldn't play a handheld version of Snake Eater. Kid Icarus Uprising is the only game left in my interest.

I agree completely. I'm sick of the KH spinoffs. 358/2 days just couldn't hold my interest and I didn't buy Birth by Sleep either(though I did hear that it was a good game). But I don't get why they won't just make the 3rd one already. It's not like KH3 will be the last in the series or anything.

WaffleBlaster

Smash Journeyman

KH:DDD does actually take place after 2 and Coded, so it'll advance the story and hopefully hold us over. I hope to god KHIII doesn't become another Duke Nukem Forever

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
Wasn't coded like the same thing as KH1? Like you just went to the same worlds. Technically takes place at a different time, sure but it seemed like a rehash from what I heard.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Maybe you missed the part where people would go see a movie about a 90 year old knitting if it was in 3D.

Top Bottom