• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ninjalink (Diddy) vs M2K (MK)

Staco

Smash Champion
I think both are great players.
And I like NinjaLink, too, and I often watch his vids on youtube.
But if you look after the gimp, you can see that M2K took the piss out of ninjalink.
Sure ninjalink played better at the last match, but M2K seems to me to play better the first two matches.
And I rly dont think NL wanted to gimp M2K like this, so its a little bit lucky I guess.
Sure NL is a very good player, too, but for me M2K seems to be better than him.
Its my own oppinion, so dont worry about it ...

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Stacos, understand one thing: NL didn't win off of luck. He won with skill, just like everyone else who gets top spots.

When he went to that tournament, NL was in little condition to play. He had the flu and other such stuff, just like he posted. So please everyone, stop johning for M2k/being a anti NinjaLink. Also, to clarify something: in losers, M2k and NL spit before they faced each other, so they were playing a friendly of sorts afterwards.

M2k didn't win his round off of luck either. He played effectivly in round 2 and 3. Gimping a MK like that is NOT easy, especially M2k of all people lol

Also, about pressure. Both players are at the skill level where there's gonna be fans/meatriders cheering them on and telling them what to do. Sure, even some pros will get nervous, but it's not like they'll be "OMG, I'm gonna lose! NOOOOOO!" *Loses concentration* M2k has traveled left and right since the Melee days and even though he played a effective Marth/Fox, he had his shares of boos and such. This should be no johns. Similar thing with NinjaLink.

so yeah, let's be civil on this video and not be biased for the other. Both played a excellent match

M15t3R E

Smash Master
I think both are great players.
And I like NinjaLink, too, and I often watch his vids on youtube.
But if you look after the gimp, you can see that M2K took the piss out of ninjalink.
Sure ninjalink played better at the last match, but M2K seems to me to play better the first two matches.
And I rly dont think NL wanted to gimp M2K like this, so its a little bit lucky I guess.
Sure NL is a very good player, too, but for me M2K seems to be better than him.
Its my own oppinion, so dont worry about it ...
And NL "took the piss out" of M2K during the same match. Who knows who is better... M2K could just have better rankings because he travels more than anyone.

As for that gimp, that wasn't luck. M2K was overly aggressive and put NL into the position that he had no choice but to use side-B. M2K wasn't wise, and he got punished for it by NL simply using his most obvious option from that distance away from the stage. Luck had absolutely NOTHING to do with it.

8AngeL8

Smash Lord
People just like to talk about mains so they feel like they're part of a group. "Oh, I'm a Snake main, so I've got something in common with all these other snake mains. We're cool."

In reality, mains are a purely artificial construct. Maybe you feel more comfortable with one character, but you are never forced to play them. If NinjaLink doesn't want to main anyone, he doesn't have to.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
NL didn't use many bananas actually, did he? It's admirable to see him beat M2K. That's really all I can say: People who want MK banned should watch NL and then either change their minds or quit life

Staco

Smash Champion
if I play the diddy of another good player I notice that mk has got problems against most of diddys moves
in combination with the bananas its rly hard for him to hit him and to kill him

hm, I guess nl will beat every mk Oo
I want to see him playing the other good guys with diddy
maybe diddy is better against a lot of other chars, not only mk?

somebody told me diddy is placed higher in the japanese tier list
but I dont know if this is true

Blistering Speed

Smash Champion
Yes, Diddy is very high in the Japanese tier list, around 5th if I recall.

Also, NL has a very good ROB, Bowser, Marth and Zelda as well, no main no pain son.

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
m2k needs some diddy pract. thats all, altho NL beating him is good to see and just shows how skillfull he is ggs

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
hey ninjalink, just observation on my part but it seems from what i hear and what i see, that your diddy seems to be much better than your other characters and that you lose more often when you play ROB or whoever else

correct me if im wrong

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
hey ninjalink, just observation on my part but it seems from what i hear and what i see, that your diddy seems to be much better than your other characters and that you lose more often when you play ROB or whoever else

correct me if im wrong
I've won tournaments without using diddy much. Some tournaments all my losts were for using diddy like CH4

ADHD

Smash Hero
Mew2king was just tired and had a massive strep throat and a 103 fever. It's pretty obvious.

Fatalzyntax

Smash Apprentice
If he says doesn't have a main, then he doesn't have one.. it's not like he'd lie about it

Good job NinjaLink, if there was a forum on here titled "Brawl Videos That Kick ***", your vids would be all over it

8AngeL8

Smash Lord
Lol, I think it's awesome that you have the first ten seconds of the first match of the set in your sig. SO EPIC!!!

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
I still don't see why would NL enter a tourney when he has the flu and is uberly sick.. Must be hella stressful espically when you have a sausagefest yelling at you behind the lines... Still rapeful tho...
got me money for medicine.......;)

Royale

Smash Journeyman
Lucks got nothing to do with it. NL got an opportunity to get an early kill, played it smart, carefully and got the kill.

Staco

Smash Champion
looser finals updated

omg, watch the 2nd match, 2nd stock
just amazing
m2k pulls of an amazing combo in brawl Oo

Top Bottom