• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NikoK's Peach Techs, and some Ninjalink's on the side... XD

Sky`

Smash Lord
NikoK is pretty much the Father of Peach.
I feel compelled to say this unprovoked.

I would like the opinion of all the peach players here.

Here are some videos of some techs that NL discovered, and other various random techs.

I'd like you guys to rate them on a scale of one to ten.

A total of four numbers.

Is this Tech Easy to learn?

1. Doing it, and perfecting it, is unrealistic.
2. Perfecting it, let alone doing it, is something I don't think people can do.
3. Perfecting it is something I don't think people can do.
4. It's going to take a long time before people perfect it.
5. It's taking me longer than expected to get it down.
6. It's taking me a while to really get it down pact.
7. It took me a couple tries, but I got it.
8. I could do this when my hands are cold.
9. I could do this... right when I wake up.
10. I could do this in my sleep.

Is this Tech Tournament Viable?
1. This would never work in tournament.
2. This would have a slim chance at best of working in tournament.
3. This would have a slight chance of working in tournament.
4. This would have an alright chance of working in tournament.
5. This would have a chance of working in tournament.
6. This has a good chance of working in tournament.
7. This has a very good chance of working in tournament.
8. This has a Great chance of working in tournament.
9. This has a magnificent chance of working in tournament!
10. With Practice, this could work like every time in tournament.

Difficulty/uses scale.
1. It's hard to do, and it's not viable in tournament, don't even bother.
2. It's hard to do, and it's barely possible in tournament, don't even bother.
3. It's difficult, and only works on occasion. Maybe on some scrubs, but not at high levels.
4. It's difficult, and works occasionally, so try it, but don't depend on it.
5. It's a task to do, and it works, so train up and try it in tournament.
6. It's a task to do, and it works well, so use it to your advantage occasionally.
7. A tech's a Tech, the difficulty shouldn't matter at this point, because it's tournament viable.
8. A tech's a tech, the difficulty shouldn't matter at this point, because it's very possible to land this in tournament.
9. It's relatively easy to do, and can give you the upper hand in most cases. Learn this.
10. This needs to be incorporated in every Peach's Metagame, Hit the sticks, and practice.

The uses of this Tech in General?
1. Don't waste your time, this is useless.
2. It's not that important, no use jizzing over it.
3. It's somewhat alright, but I'm not going to waste my time.
4. It's okay, I'll give it a shot, see where it takes me.
5. It's good, I'll do it, I guess.
6. It's great, I'm going to practice in friendlies.
7. It's really great, I'm going to practice it right now.
8. It's amazing, I'm going to try to perfect it.
9. It's incredible. It's helped me so much, and I've won matches because of it.
10. So... I guess now Peach is Top tier AMIRITE?

I'm personally going to perfect them, and try them on each character to get a read on what works for what character, so that we can just have this as an actual productive thread. And maybe we can start using some of these techs in tournament. I've been told a lot of things. Peach can do it on her own, she can't yadda yadda yadda. At this point, honestly, I say, lets jump to no conclusions, until we've exploited every angle of Peach that we as a community can. Instead of Drama, lets channel that energy into making this hoe even better, yeah? So lets start with the links. And then I'll give a Sample post. After a while, I'll add up the results, and Average them, and add them to the front page. I'll update it every week or so. Keep trying to use these, and watch the scores fluctuate. I'll then put in a power Ranking, like the top used tech, etc etc.

Lets get this started. Here are some links. If there are any that I'm missing, just let me know, and I'll add em. You can rate as many as you'd like, or none at all, whatever. =]

Here's an Example of how to post, for maximum efficiency.

Name of the Tech:
Rating:
Explanation if you can:

Here's one of mine:
ISJR Dair.
3/5/1/1
Blah blah blah explanation.

Bair lock

D-tilt Cancel Glide
10/8/9/9
Explanation: This really is a good start to space and follow up with retreated fairs/nairs for spacing. It's also a good followup to autocanceled fairs to do retreating turnip pulls or what have you. I personally use this quite a bit for followup pressure or just an overall spacing tool. Not to mention, the **** has some good range too. Definitely a plus in the Peach book. -KB

Ledge Float Cancel

Fair Faking

Slingback Forward Air
7/9/10/9

I've been using this a lot. Though it's not really new; clawing just opened up windows to new possibilities. But anyways, one of Peach's greatest assets. Gives F-air the most effective range out of Peach's whole arsenal. You can surprise opponents chasing you by RARing into a SFA. It also allows you to stage spike anyone holding onto the ledge, again, if RARd. It is virtually unpunishable if you space it. Great tech-chasing tool... Better than sex over the phone. (Ya, I went there) -Bentobox
Turnip Cancel

Ledgehop Float
9/4/8/7

I've mastered it a while ago, back when Niko posted it, but thinking back, I don't think I've used it more than 5 times in actual matches. The knowledge is just sitting there in the back of my mind but I never put it to use. Watch Niko's vids and note how he doesn't use much of what he himself discovered too... I think the main reason for that though, is that when recovering, I usually use my float to either get back on the stage or bait edgeguarders, so this tech is simply not an option most of the time. And I don't really see myself running towards a ledge, dropping, regrabbing the ledge and performing the LFC "AH~ BETCHA DIDNT SEE THAT COMING EH?" It's an amazing find, but the opportunities to use it don't often present themselves. At least in my case. -Bento Box

Air-Dodge Glide-Toss

The good ol' Glide Toss

Float Tossed Turnip

Turnip Pillar
8/5/5/5

Only the first pillar is truly potent. Leave the second to Diddys who can actually lock their opponents in by making them trip. Either way, neither of the two pillars are very useful, for the very simple reason that they require you to be much too close to your opponent to work effectively... And you're just leaving yourself open to a shieldgrab. But if you care that much about looking hawt, know that you can double turnip drop and follow that up by a SH dair, which will recatch the turnip~ :p -Bento Box

Double Jump Boost

Turnip Stooling

ISJR Dair Peach

Turnip Free Pull
8/10/8/4
8/10/8/4
Explanation: The TFP is overall a momentum and spacing tool. While it's necessity for b-sticking guarantees it's unpopularity, it doesn't exactly justify the loss of a c-stick in the first place. That being said, if a Peach can make the sacrifice, Free Pulling will make a Peach faster - adding a lot to aggressive playstyles, and giving another option to the defensives. It works best against short-ranged characters, and for matchups were a turnip in hand is always the best bet. -BentoBox

This is including Dash Pulling. Which, along with a glidetoss, boosts her across FD faster than any other movement.

Enjoy. =]

Note: If you have any special controls that allowed you to do these any easier... Share them with us! =D EX. For Bair Lock, I set L to jump, Free thumb Ftw? =]

Lets get the ball rolling, and start stepping Peach's Metagame up.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Nice thread Sky, I'll post about one of my favorites to use.

D-tilt Cancel Glide
10/8/9/9
Explanation: This really is a good start to space and follow up with retreated fairs/nairs for spacing. It's also a good followup to autocanceled fairs to do retreating turnip pulls or what have you. I personally use this quite a bit for followup pressure or just an overall spacing tool. Not to mention, the **** has some good range too. Definitely a plus in the Peach book.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
I like this thread very much. :3

Though:
You forgot the turnip free pull!

Not to mention Ledge Float Canceling isn't real...

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
.....What do you mean it isn't real...
I think it's a myth. Like unicorns, or the Friend Finder.

If I understand it correctly, it gives you a invincibility frames if performed correctly? Can I see a video or something were this is proven please.

Niko_K

Smash Master
I can definitely have one made.

The OPTIMAL amount of frames gained is 12. Take into account a lot of attacks hitboxes stay out longer than this, including you're own.

Dair comes out on the 11th frame, that means once Dair comes out, you have 2 frames of invincibility.

Jab however comes out on the 2nd frame, if you LFC to jab you will be guaranteed the jab hit, unless of course you hung on the edge too long, in which you wouldn't carry over invincibility.

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
I'm looking forward to it with great anticipation.

Turnip Free Pull
8/10/8/4
Explanation: The TFP is overall a momentum and spacing tool. While it's necessity for b-sticking guarantees it's unpopularity, it doesn't exactly justify the loss of a c-stick in the first place. That being said, if a Peach can make the sacrifice, Free Pulling will make a Peach faster - adding a lot to aggressive playstyles, and giving another option to the defensives. It works best against short-ranged characters, and for matchups were a turnip in hand is always the best bet.

This is including Dash Pulling. Which, along with a glidetoss, boosts her across FD faster than any other movement.

BentoBox

Smash Master
D-tilt Cancel Glide
10/10/9/8

D-tilt is Peach's move with the longest range. The backwards glide allows you to punish those who attempt to roll behind you with an auto-retreating n-air, or, if it does connect, spaces you perfectly for a f-air/n-air at low percentages. The move doubles as its own follow-up, what's not to like?

Ledge Float Cancel and Ledgehop Float
9/4/8/7

I've mastered it a while ago, back when Niko posted it, but thinking back, I don't think I've used it more than 5 times in actual matches. The knowledge is just sitting there in the back of my mind but I never put it to use. Watch Niko's vids and note how he doesn't use much of what he himself discovered too... I think the main reason for that though, is that when recovering, I usually use my float to either get back on the stage or bait edgeguarders, so this tech is simply not an option most of the time. And I don't really see myself running towards a ledge, dropping, regrabbing the ledge and performing the LFC "AH~ BETCHA DIDNT SEE THAT COMING EH?" It's an amazing find, but the opportunities to use it don't often present themselves. At least in my case.

Fair Faking
10/10/10/3?

Lol. F-air autocancels. Autocancels as in no lag whatsoever. No lag whatsoever as in, faking someone into thinking you're going to f-air, but jabbing instead is a waste of a perfectly good shield pressure option when you could f-air AND jab in the exact same time window. Imo.

Slingback Forward Air
7/9/10/9

I've been using this a lot. Though it's not really new; clawing just opened up windows to new possibilities. But anyways, one of Peach's greatest assets. Gives F-air the most effective range out of Peach's whole arsenal. You can surprise opponents chasing you by RARing into a SFA. It also allows you to stage spike anyone holding onto the ledge, again, if RARd. It is virtually unpunishable if you space it. Great tech-chasing tool... Better than sex over the phone. (Ya, I went there)

Turnip Cancel
7&10/10/10/10

This is as close as we'll ever get to turnip free pulling. While at face value, it doesn't really seem to be that great of an asset, it does make you a lot faster at applying pressure when need be. That half of a second you took to pluck that turnip on the ground could be the extra time you would've needed to successfully edgeguard a Falco Up-Bing from underneath the stage. And it's ridiculously easy to perform too. (for those that still can't do it: 1.Run towards ledge 2.Pluck turnip when right on the edge 3.Tap forward 4.Profit)

The good ol' Glide Toss
7/10/10/10

Amazing spacing tool. Can lead into grab, u-smash (they never expect it), jab and whathaveyous. #1 defensive option. Blablah *insert obvious here*

Air-Dodge Glide-Toss
9/10/8/7

I've honestly never used this before. Can fake people into believing that you're retreating if you AD backwards only to GT right in their face. Great offensive and defensive option when dealing with projectile happy/campy players. Allows you to cover more terrain safely than GTing. A great mix-up tool when you're the one doing the camping xD.

Float Tossed Turnip
8/10/8/1

Throwing a turnip while standing and when jumping both cover more ground then float tossing them. I don't see how this is useful in any way. NinjaLink was bored.

Turnip Pillar
8/5/5/5

Only the first pillar is truly potent. Leave the second to Diddys who can actually lock their opponents in by making them trip. Either way, neither of the two pillars are very useful, for the very simple reason that they require you to be much too close to your opponent to work effectively... And you're just leaving yourself open to a shieldgrab. But if you care that much about looking hawt, know that you can double turnip drop and follow that up by a SH dair, which will recatch the turnip~ :p

Double Jump Boost
1/1/1/1

Lol?

ISJR Dair Peach
4/6/7/7

Thought I should mention that this does not only work with Dair. I think everybody here has, at least once, performed 2 Fairs in a ridiculously small time window, and this would explain it. I can't really pull it off consistently, and I can never bring myself to practice it, nor do I ever think of using it in game, but I don't think anybody can disagree that having Fair's hitbox linger for twice as wrong is BIG. Pretty much Peach's own WoP.

Turnip Free Pull
?/10/?/10

GOD, I wish I could use this... T_T I do remember reading somewhere that it could be done without B-sticking. (believe it was in a chat between Niko and Edreese and someone claimed that by pressing b and down on the c-stick, you could free pull. I can do it while standing; 1 out of 20 times lol; but not when running)

$BONE$

Smash Ace
Thanks for saving me time BentoBox.
F-air slingback to Forward B RULES btw.
So beautiful when executed correctly.

hotgarbage

Smash Lord
I just wanted to point out that the free-pull is actually very doable without the c-stick. To do this I move the control stick down to see where it makes her crouch and move it to the left/right to see where it makes her turn around. From that I gently move the control stick diagonally between those two points while pressing b. It's not easy of course, but it shouldn't be too hard with some work put into it. The biggest downside to doing this though is that if you mess up you'll end up toading while facing away from your opponent... which could very easily cost you a stock x____x.

BentoBox

Smash Master
To do this I move the control stick down to see where it makes her crouch and move it to the left/right to see where it makes her turn around.
This is the controller:

Tilting the stick slightly above the S-E nudge will make her turn around:

From that I gently move the control stick diagonally between those two points while pressing b.
Said point is thus located somewhere between S and S-E:

So if you're running to the left, this is the motion you end up doing to free pull?:

Because that doesn't work for me, but I'm sure I misunderstood what you were trying to say so feel free to use the template(1rst pic) to draw the exact motion lawl :D~

Niko's method is too hard lol.

BentoBox

Smash Master
No, hence why I'm asking hotgarbage to clarify his explanations :p

Edrees had made a thread about a convo that he had with Niko, and Niko apparently had discovered that you could free pull by pressing B and down on the c-stick at the same time. I can barely pull it off while standing still, so performing it consistently while running doesn't seem like a viable option for me atm xD. The thread was recently deleted though, I don't know why :[

BentoBox

Smash Master
edit: Yeah, I was actually planning on making a thread about their findings as Edrees never got to do it himself :<

I often do get punished for plucking turnips lol (even when my opponents aren't in my direct vicinity), so yeah, anything that will let me pluck a turnip safely is a major + in my book xD. It doubles as a great spacing tool too, and just helps maintain a certain flow, AND IT LOOKS AMAZING.

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado

The OPTIMAL amount of frames gained is 12. Take into account a lot of attacks hitboxes stay out longer than this, including you're own.

Dair comes out on the 11th frame, that means once Dair comes out, you have 2 frames of invincibility.

Jab however comes out on the 2nd frame, if you LFC to jab you will be guaranteed the jab hit, unless of course you hung on the edge too long, in which you wouldn't carry over invincibility.
That would be good because I'm still not convinced by this. I have been hit out of my float every time a move has come into contact and I've done this. The closest thing I've had to it being real is that I've missed ZSS' Down Smash as it was ending but I'm still not convinced

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=1r9HGU39qXo

Make something like that regarding this Float thing and then I'll change my view on it

Battletanx_Commander

Smash Journeyman
Free Turnip Pulling can be done very easily once you get it down and I consider it very advantageous. I prefer to do the dashing method because you can retreat or chase an opponent with speed and a turnip in hand.

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
funny how i made a thread about this already and everyone ignored it. Good job guys. Thanks sky for bringing it back up though.

Turnip freepull is possible without bsticking. I could do it most of the time.

BentoBox

Smash Master
funny how i made a thread about this already and everyone ignored it. Good job guys. Thanks sky for bringing it back up though.

We didn't ignore it persay. Sky just got us to share our views on each individual tech found so far, not just yours (most being found by NikoK iirc).

And you guys need to stop teasing with the freepull and tell us how its done already =p

Sky`

Smash Lord

No problem. =]

Battletanx_Commander

Smash Journeyman
It is hard to explain but using your template it might be easier. In this example you are going left with the dash method. You start your turnip pull where the green dot is and then move it to the red dot. If you go into a Peach Bomber then you went to far with the green dot and if you do a turnip pull and move nowhere you did not go far enough with the green dot.

Hope this helped.

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
We didn't ignore it persay. Sky just got us to share our views on each individual tech found so far, not just yours (most being found by NikoK iirc).

And you guys need to stop teasing with the freepull and tell us how its done already =p
most wasnt actually......

it was ignored cause the thread is buried in garbage now. I made the thread back in march with a bunch of peach techs...then ppl come out and say something is new when i already made a vid on it.

D

Deleted member

something I don't see on the list is using a reverse aerial with a ground level float. lets me run straight into a bair jab grab, or something of the like.

BentoBox

Smash Master
most wasnt actually......

it was ignored cause the thread is buried in garbage now. I made the thread back in march with a bunch of peach techs...then ppl come out and say something is new when i already made a vid on it.
Oh, I initially thought you were refering the the recent thread you made about turnip pillars and whatnot. Nothing in this thread is supposed to strike anyone here as a new discovery anyways. Improving one's game often lies in getting back to the basics. (Read: the opposite of Pit forums)

Niko_K

Smash Master
Umbreon isn't that just RAR'ing instantly into float? I've been using that a ton with Bair to Jab like you have mentioned.

Also why does NL get all the credit :(

AAP

Smash Journeyman
I hope this thread doesn't turn into claim staking contest. But anyway...

For the turnip free pulls, lately I've mapped my R to specials, this works well for me since i always use my L for shield and i claw onto my Y. I have had some decent results using it and the c-stick to TFP. The timing is tight, i almost move my whole right hand as i press R and c-stick down. I wouldn't call it easy, but seems more reasonable than trying to input multiple precise control stick inputs. Could just be me tho.

Speaking of different ways of doing techs, how would you rate multi-directional glide tossing without using your c-stick?

Sorry for no rating, not a big tourney player.

Sky`

Smash Lord
As did I :O, A lot of those AT's on the front page are mainly you and I xD
If I could edit the name I would, and add you.

I dunno hao. >_<

Both of you guys evenly invented those techs. Nobody else is taking credit otherwise.

Top Bottom