• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl General Thread - All Star Brawl 2 Available Today!

amageish

Smash Master
My goodness, uh, the NASB fanbase in some places is getting SUPER toxic. Lots of very harsh and personal attacks on Sakurai and suggestions that they're purposefully trying to **** on an indie game studio...

It's just bizarre...

So, that aside, any bets for tomorrow, if anyone? I'm still banking on leaving everything to this guy.

Honestly, doesn't seem to be any real pattern going on, but I wouldn't be surprised to see the toast man soon.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I 'doubt' it was intentional, but nintendo is still a business, it's not impossible they chose that date because of it.

Thinking about it though, it just splits the attention so it's more of a lose-lose than winning over the competition :O
Most likely just bad timing.

Last edited:

dlewis53

Smash Lord
Apologies for this, but I gotta be frank here: anyone who unironically thinks that the final Smash Ultimate DLC Fighter being revealed the same day that All-Star Brawl launches will affect the latter's sales in any way is kind of an idiot; I SEVERELY doubt that the character (whoever they end up being) is going to be released the same day, and even then, they're only like 5 or 6 dollars; yeah, that would TOTALLY impact All-Star Brawl's sales in a negative fashion!

Anyways, I have no idea whose showcase is gonna be tomorrow, but I'm still keeping my fingers crossed for Powdered Toast Man!

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Either at TGS or nowhere and Aang, Korra, and Toph won't be seen until release.
That's VERY doubtful, considering two out of those three are on the box. I highly doubt we're getting a reveal for Nickelodeon All-Star Brawl at the Tokyo Game Show, of all places. They're probably just gonna show the last three trailers in a livestream somewhere, but it's still baffling. Like, the timing was RIGHT there.
I think the final Sakurai Presents being on the day NASB's set to release is funny, but I highly doubt it's some sort of business move on the part of Nintendo or that it's going to affect the sales of either. That idea's just kind of ridiculous.

Last edited:

amageish

Smash Master
I 'doubt' it was intentional, but nintendo is still a business, it's not impossible they chose that date because of it.

Thinking about it though, it just splits the attention so it's more of a lose-lose than winning over the competition :O
Most likely just bad timing.
These things are planned greatly in advance - heck, this will be the exact same week that Steve was revealed last year - I just can't imagine Nintendo going "Oh, guys, SpongeBob is getting a game in the same timeframe as ours; it is time to change our schedule to dunk on it!"

It'll at least provoke some "discourse," I guess...

1632441611070.png

1632441542588.png

Rep's reaction appears to mostly be "We were already tired of all the Smash-killer talk and this isn't helping" lol.

Oracle Link

Smash Master
I heard all chars leaked damn right now i only know
Toph
In general my opinion is if something leaks to that regard just push the trailer forward!

Edit: Also the lack of villains / antagonists is ridicoulous i mean i get it female chars but you couldve replaced either Toph, oneal or sandy by some sort of antagonist and i like toph its just pretty weird having 0 villans outside of Helga? and arnold doesnt has a protagonist! that weird
Edit: Yeah i made a mistake after all Powederd toast man is male obviously and hes from a franchise with 2 reps too! So opsie!

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
It detracts a bit of attention when it comes to the splash of what shows up and gets talked about that day, which might still be worth quite a bit, but other than that i think most people who're into these kinds of games probably already know if they wanna get it or not.

FreeFox

Smash Lord
These things are planned greatly in advance - heck, this will be the exact same week that Steve was revealed last year - I just can't imagine Nintendo going "Oh, guys, SpongeBob is getting a game in the same timeframe as ours; it is time to change our schedule to dunk on it!"

It'll at least provoke some "discourse," I guess...

View attachment 331377

View attachment 331376

Rep's reaction appears to mostly be "We were already tired of all the Smash-killer talk and this isn't helping" lol.
I can understand the frustration. Afterall, its never good for a game to never realize its own identity.

Well moving to a different subject, we got some more showcases waiting for us. before release. Anyone predictions to whom might be next?

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
I can understand the frustration. Afterall, its never good for a game to never realize its own identity.

Well moving to a different subject, we got some more showcases waiting for us. before release. Anyone predictions to whom might be next?
I'm predicting Reptar, The Loud House Characters, and another 2000's character or one of the other 90's characters.

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
My goodness, uh, the NASB fanbase in some places is getting SUPER toxic. Lots of very harsh and personal attacks on Sakurai and suggestions that they're purposefully trying to **** on an indie game studio...

It's just bizarre...

Honestly, doesn't seem to be any real pattern going on, but I wouldn't be surprised to see the toast man soon.
I feel bad for the fanbase right now, the fact that people are getting this negative is saddening.

Fields - Ultimate's Great

Smash Journeyman
I heard all chars leaked damn right now i only know
Toph
In general my opinion is if something leaks to that regard just push the trailer forward!

Edit: Also the lack of villains / antagonists is ridicoulous i mean i get it female chars but you couldve replaced either Toph, oneal or sandy by some sort of antagonist and i like toph its just pretty weird having 0 villans outside of Helga? and arnold doesnt has a protagonist! that weird
It's not ridiculous at all. NASB never marketed itself to have a major theme involving antagonists. Plenty of installments, first or no, don't focus on villains. We do not need villains, not in Nick's first game. It should prioritize getting a wide range of characters and it succeeded in doing that.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
We do not need villains, not in Nick's first game. It should prioritize getting a wide range of characters and it succeeded in doing that.
Your post kind of reminds me of how Nicktoons Winner's Cup Racing has a villain for each main character represented...and it only has four series total. Compare it to the original Nicktoons Racing, whose only villain is Plankton and maybe Angelica and it features eight series total, and this was 2000 so it meant the only missing Nicktoons were Rocko, Kablam, and Rocket Power. And of course Doug but you know why.

Last edited:

Fields - Ultimate's Great

Smash Journeyman
Your post kind of reminds me of how Nicktoons Winner's Cup Racing has a villain for each main character represented...and it only has four series total. Compare it to the original Nicktoons Racing, whose only villain is Plankton and maybe Angelica and it features eight series total, and this was 2000 so it meant the only missing Nicktoons were Rocko, Kablam, and Rocket Power. And of course Doug but you know why.
Exactly! Ludosity made the right choice.

SonicMario

Smash Master
As strange as it is that they're doing the final smash character presentation on the same day as the release day of this game. It probably is just one big coincidence as I doubt Nintendo views Nick All Stars as a big threat. Though I can see something of a positive out of this in that I assume the character will not be released on the same day as the presentation. Though another thing while this slightly derails subject matter to Smash. I feel like whoever the character is, it's not going to be some mindblowing character that breaks the internet stealing all sorts of spotlight from all other games releasing at around the same time/week. I feel it's more likely we sort of have a whimper (Like say a Gen 8 Pokemon where even if the character looks fun. It's not like Sword and Shield content is going to make waves with everyone) people can go "Eh, that's fine I guess. But I'm going go play as some of my favorite nicktoons in the meantime before this final Smash character comes out"

I'd like to be wrong about that in some ways, since I would love a satisfying ending to Smash DLC. But if I'm not enthused about the new character, I can look forward to just sit down and play as Aang for a good while. With 19 other characters to at least try out too.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett

I'm hoping and predicting that we'll finally get Powdered Toast Man's showcase tomorrow. I just wanna see the funny toast man.
Although I for some reason could also see it being Lincoln or Reptar.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
99.9% a coincidence, but I would not put it past Nintendo to intentionally sabotage such a potentially big rival. Either way, this ain't gonna kill NASB - if anything it got more people thinking about it.

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
99.9% a coincidence, but I would not put it past Nintendo to intentionally sabotage such a potentially big rival. Either way, this ain't gonna kill NASB - if anything it got more people thinking about it.
Smash Ultimate is already the best selling fighting game of all time. They literally don't need to sabotage another game, much less one they have to print cartridges for.

It's a coincidence. 100%. Not to mention the presentation is coming out on the 6th in Japan, and somehow I doubt this game is going to make any waves with their main demographic.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Smash Ultimate is already the best selling fighting game of all time. They literally don't need to sabotage another game, much less one they have to print cartridges for.

It's a coincidence. 100%. Not to mention the presentation is coming out on the 6th in Japan, and somehow I doubt this game is going to make any waves with their main demographic.
I don't like to talk in 100%s, but yes, it is HIGHLY unlikely and nigh-if-not-impossible Nintendo are doing this on purpose - but I was saying that it would not surprise me if Nintendo tried to sabotage a potentially rivalling game release that could steal hype and potential future buyers from their proven classic, especially if it were for a genre they've held a pretty tight monopoly on for some time, not that they have or will. It's a snarky dig at Ninty, nothing more, nothing less. Don't read too deep into it.

Last edited:

Alicorn

Cyber Bunny
I think its the opposite the final Smash DLC will invigorate interest in NASB because after the DLC drops there will be no more DLC characters for Smash so people will be looking for other games to play within the genre. The Smash DLC could give NASB the boon it needs to be successful.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
I just think that these games can and should coexist, simple as that. The comparisons are frustrating and I feel bad for Rep and the rest of the crew because it puts unrealistic expectations on what was essentially a budget title with a good team behind it that happened to blow up.

FreeFox

Smash Lord
You know, with :ultbanjokazooie: having previously been insulted by being compared to "outdated" cereal box mascots, it's funny that now we have a game that effectively has two of those beating each other to a pulp.

People talking about cereal mascots in the game and they forget to mention that we still are missing an important one.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Eventually, they will. There'll be plenty who see CP11 and go "That's it I'm buying NASB!" while those who do like CP11...will enjoy them.
That's not a terrible point. It entirely depends on who the last character is tho XD.

It's really hard to tell all the kind of talk there'll be around.
And I don't wish for the last character to be a dud, but I hope nick gets some good attention too somehow :D

Last edited:
Top Bottom