• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl General Thread - All Star Brawl 2 Available Today!

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Why don't those of you with the game coordinate online matches together so you can all get Helga?
Well I could, but I'm away from my computer for a week and doubt most of you bought the PC version.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
I don't get why people complain about having new compisitions instead of the same song they've heard a million times. Like, I can understand in the case of songs that are clearly trying to ape their source material's chord progression to a T, (the CatDog songs in both Nick crossover series for example) but that's the exception and not the norm for the Nick games,

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I don't get why people complain about having new compisitions instead of the same song they've heard a million times. Like, I can understand in the case of songs that are clearly trying to ape their source material's chord progression to a T, (the CatDog songs in both Nick crossover series for example) but that's the exception and not the norm for the Nick games,
It's just people wanting this game to be more like Smash Bros. when that is an unrealistic expectation for an indie studio with only about 10% of Smash Ultimate's budget.

Geoffrey Druyts

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1993-7715-4423
Switch FC
SW-6723-8387-1403
For people trying to unlock Raphael, the fastest way to unlock him is to pick the Golden Spatula mode, and pick the Double Dare map.

The Golden Spatula will always spawn in the middle of the map.

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Today, in some unrelated nick gaming news Spongebob comes to the world of Death Battle facing against the Super Friends incarnation of Aquaman! from DC.

Last edited:

Samus Harang

Smash Cadet
instead of the same song they've heard a million times.
I think the idea is more having hype-inducing remixes that fit with the high intensity atmosphere of the game being played. They would have to be remixes actually since unlike Smash, these compositions were never meant to be used in videogames in their original form.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
They would have to be remixes actually since unlike Smash, these compositions were never meant to be used in videogames in their original form.
It's also cheaper to not use the master recordings anyway. The only times Nicktoons crossover games use actual Nicktoons songs (which includes NKR3 btw, you can hear a certain jingle being remixed for the main menu), they're using new covers.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Joke: Wanting NASB/NKR3 to have more players because you think everything that isn't in the top 10 in the Steam stats is worthless
Woke: Wanting NASB/NKR3 to have more players so you can play them online
Bespoke: Wanting NKR3 to have more players because online play is the only way to unlock Helga

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Joke: Wanting NASB/NKR3 to have more players because you think everything that isn't in the top 10 in the Steam stats is worthless
Woke: Wanting NASB/NKR3 to have more players so you can play them online
Bespoke: Wanting NKR3 to have more players because online play is the only way to unlock Helga
Not just Helga. Numerous vehicle parts and crew members are also only attainable online.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
I did an updated ranking for the stage music in NASB, if anyone's interested. It's from worst to best.

25th: Glove World
24th: Slime Time
23rd: Sweet Dreams
22nd: Sewers Slam
21st: Wild Waterfall
20th: Western Air Temple
19th: Traffic Jam
18th: Irken Armada Invasion
17th: Technodrome Takedown
16th: Powdered Toast Trouble
15th: Tremorton Joyride
14th: Showdown at Teeter Totter Gulch
13th: Royal Woods Cemetery
12th: The Flying Dutchman's Ship
11th: The Loud House
10th: CatDog's House
9th: Harmonic Convergence
8th: Rooftop Rumble
7th: Jellyfish Fields
6th: Duck, Duck, Pie!
5th: Hardcore Chores
4th: Space Madness
3rd: Ghost Zone
2nd: The Dump
1st: Omashu

Last edited:

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord
I did an updated ranking for the stage music in NASB, if anyone's interested. It's from worst to best.

25th: Glove World
24th: Slime Time
23rd: Sweet Dreams
22nd: Sewers Slam
21st: Wild Waterfall
20th: Western Air Temple
19th: Traffic Jam
18th: Irken Armada Invasion
17th: Technodrome Takedown
16th: Powdered Toast Trouble
15th: Tremorton Joyride
14th: Showdown at Teeter Totter Gulch
13th: Royal Woods Cemetery
12th: The Flying Dutchman's Ship
11th: The Loud House
10th: CatDog's House
9th: Harmonic Convergence
8th: Rooftop Rumble
7th: Jellyfish Fields
6th: Duck, Duck, Pie!
5th: Hardcore Chores
4th: Space Madness
3rd: Ghost Zone
2nd: The Dump
1st: Omashu
definitely wasn't expecting that at #1 but I kinda get it

Baysha

Smash Ace
https://twitter.com/TheQG24/status/1584249874043715585?s=20&t=Db7HdnNpnoLQgC_Fz1THtQ

https://twitter.com/TheQG24/status/1584250507870498816?s=20&t=Db7HdnNpnoLQgC_Fz1THtQ

a bit off topic but my god I did not expect MVS to start getting the same unfair nonsense rhetoric NASB has been plagued with since launch what a joke
That's nothing. There was one platfighter that had months between character releases. It was called Souper Clash Rows or something. Don't think anyone has heard of it.

Torgo the Bear

Smash Lord
NNID
u2outofcontrol
Switch FC
SW-1209-7008-3905

LimeTH

Smash Lord
Comes out next month,

Okay, well.... is that it then? No more DLC? NASB is done?

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Comes out next month,

Okay, well.... is that it then? No more DLC? NASB is done?
Remember, the Rocko showcase had that line about there being more in the future.

On the other hand I still think devoting resources to NASB2 would be better for bringing casuals back and so I can hopefully play the game online without waiting forever

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Remember, the Rocko showcase had that line about there being more in the future.

On the other hand I still think devoting resources to NASB2 would be better for bringing casuals back and so I can hopefully play the game online without waiting forever
Doing NASB2 now would be a very bad idea as it would just be seen as a lazy cashgrab and would flop as a result.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Doing NASB2 now would be a very bad idea as it would just be seen as a lazy cashgrab and would flop as a result.
Continuing DLC for NASB1 would sell even less than a potential NASB2 would. Only Jenny really brought people back, and that was only temporary.

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord
it's $40
as NASB's biggest defender, this sucks

nothing different from what we already own, advertises things already in the game as if they're brand new, and as far as I can tell seeing reactions to it, is convincing people this is the last we're getting from NASB, having the opposite effect of how it was probably intended. maybe if crossplay was actually in the game by now I'd feel less sour but as is I can't get behind this

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
as NASB's biggest defender, this sucks

nothing different from what we already own, advertises things already in the game as if they're brand new, and as far as I can tell seeing reactions to it, is convincing people this is the last we're getting from NASB, having the opposite effect of how it was probably intended. maybe if crossplay was actually in the game by now I'd feel less sour but as is I can't get behind this
And it might be the last we'll get out of NASB completely for several years as I'm not expecting a sequel to come out so soon unless Nick rushes it out the door like they did the original.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
And it might be the last we'll get out of NASB completely for several years as I'm not expecting a sequel to come out so soon unless Nick rushes it out the door like they did the original.
If NASB2 was released in 2025, it wouldn't be that rushed out the door. It'd presumably have two years of devtime instead of one, which is what should be considered the bare minimum in the first place.

Top Bottom