• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl General Thread - All Star Brawl 2 Available Today!

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
If NASB2 was released in 2025, it wouldn't be that rushed out the door. It'd presumably have two years of devtime instead of one, which is what should be considered the bare minimum in the first place.
Technically four, as it might start development right now.

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord
If NASB2 was released in 2025, it wouldn't be that rushed out the door. It'd presumably have two years of devtime instead of one, which is what should be considered the bare minimum in the first place.
you'd also already have 25 characters, stages, items, modes, etc conceptualized and presumably with more free reign and budget from the start of development

Samus Harang

Smash Cadet
There are people out there who don't have internet access and this is a good deal for them compared to the vanilla release, but yeah calling it the Ultimate Edition seems a little grandiose when we only got a single DLC pack that separates this from the patched vanilla version.

I think the real reason this exists is that the original release isn't on store shelves anymore and they want parents shopping for the holiday season to pick this game up new since it is the "better version" of the game instead of finding the original release used somewhere.

Baysha

Smash Ace
This would be easier to believe 15 years ago.
While not completely "without internet access" there are still most likely people who have very limited connections and can't download large files. This is also most likely not considering the whole world at large and other countries where internet may be a lot harder to get.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719

well uh

this caused the playercount to be 3 times as big

and helped me realize I spend too much time complaining about its lack of popularity and not enough playing it (but then again it'd be easier to play it if, y'know, the playercount being higher than 11 was the norm)

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed

well uh

this caused the playercount to be 3 times as big

and helped me realize I spend too much time complaining about its lack of popularity and not enough playing it (but then again it'd be easier to play it if, y'know, the playercount being higher than 11 was the norm)
i feel i should point out that pic is of garfield as a noir detective not a gangster

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
Honestly at this point I just think crossplay was scrapped. I mean, it was supposed to released in q1 2022 and it was delayed with no words on a new release date and if I remember correctly the last time Crossplay was mentionned by the team was before Jenny release.

More DLC characters would be cool but I doubt that it will happen considering the number of players have been very low even with Hugh and Rocko release but I would be glad to be wrong.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Honestly at this point I just think crossplay was scrapped. I mean, it was supposed to released in q1 2022 and it was delayed with no words on a new release date and if I remember correctly the last time Crossplay was mentionned by the team was before Jenny release.

More DLC characters would be cool but I doubt that it will happen considering the number of players have been very low even with Hugh and Rocko release but I would be glad to be wrong.
I'm not expecting crossplay to have been scrapped unless it was specifically being saved for a sequel, and I don't really think that is likely.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Screenshot_20221127-202651.png

I found this on the Discord server. Apparently this is from a member of the beta development team, and from the looks of it it's now officially confirmed that the Ultimate Edition isn't the end of development, considering that they said that the Ultimate Edition was only made to get more sales from other parts of the world, particularly Japan.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
So, it looks like we might not see NASB2 for a while due to a possible engine switch, as they might be forced to recreate all the original game’s assets.

Baysha

Smash Ace
they might be forced to recreate all the original game’s assets.
I don't think so. It's just 3D models and music and stuff. I don't believe it'd be anything engine-specific unless Unity works in really weird ways.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
So, it looks like we might not see NASB2 for a while due to a possible engine switch, as they might be forced to recreate all the original game’s assets.
I don't think so. It's just 3D models and music and stuff. I don't believe it'd be anything engine-specific unless Unity works in really weird ways.
The devs would most likely have the raw files anyway. Besides that textures can be easily imported into any engine whatsoever.

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Huh. so apparently All-Star Brawl is my most-played game for 2022, even beating out Smash Ultimate and Mario Kart 8.

That's pretty funny!
How, i am pretty shocked but that's....surprising in a good way!

Edit at 12/14/22 at 2:40 PM: Then again, where does Multiversus stand in this?

Last edited:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593

I assume dlewis53 was talking about Switch games, which Multiversus is not so it cannot factor in.

dlewis53

Smash Lord

I assume dlewis53 was talking about Switch games, which Multiversus is not so it cannot factor in.
Yeah, this was through a Tweet by Nintendo and based on purely Switch titles, so MultiVersus isn't included.

If it ever DOES get put on the Switch, then I'll be giving it a try.

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
Glad they'll be putting a sequel on a better engine! Though have they dropped any more hints that new content is coming to the current game?

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Glad they'll be putting a sequel on a better engine! Though have they dropped any more hints that new content is coming to the current game?
They did say at the end of Rocko's showcase to look forward to more character showcases, but other than that single comment and files relating to crossplay being found in the code, nothing.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
All they said was "more like this", not "more characters" - there's a billion ways to interpret that. More characters? NASB 2? Non-character updates? More platform fighters from GameMill or Ludosity? More Nickelodeon crossover games in general? More eSports titles from GameMill? More character presentations and involved marketing for other GameMill games?

Last edited:
Top Bottom