• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl General Thread - All Star Brawl 2 Available Today!

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord
G

They're already working on a patch for the frame rate issues. Hopefully it comes soon.

Personally tho I didn't buy the game yet, probably going to wo wait for a sale which will probably happen around black friday.
Glad they’ve addressed that so quickly

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Hey LimeTH, do you think we should add this to the list of weird things given to Garfield?

LimeTH

Smash Lord
Hey LimeTH, do you think we should add this to the list of weird things given to Garfield?
That qualifies under Garfield's general status as a forever meme.
I need stuff like "Garfield telephones wash up on French beaches for 30 years" or "the oldest running tunnel of love from 1901 is converted into a bizarre horror themed product placement laden blacklit Garfield ride and this somehow doesn't stop anyone" or "Bill Murray only agreed to do the Garfield movie because he didn't realize it was a different Coen brothers making it."

Last edited:

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
That qualifies under Garfield's general status as a forever meme.
I need stuff like "Garfield telephones wash up on French beaches for 30 years" or "the oldest running tunnel of love from 1901 is converted into a bizarre horror themed product placement laden blacklit Garfield ride and this somehow doesn't stop anyone" or "Bill Murray only agreed to do the Garfield movie because he didn't realize it was a different Coen brothers making it."
A Garfield Horror Theme Park in the Oldest Tunnel of Love!? is it what i think it is or is it completely different?

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
So I've been playing NKR3 most of the day. I've beaten every challenge, so I've unlocked Oblina, Jenny, April, PTM, Squidward, and Gerald. I've bought a few other from the shop, but four characters are unaccounted for with unlock criteria:

Helga
Donnie (Though I've heard you have to beat all 36 Time Trials to unlock him)
Raphael
Cindy

Anyone have any idea how to get them?

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
The Vexus Nanobot powerup being different depending on whether you got it from an item blimp or Queen Vexus will always confuse me.

Geoffrey Druyts

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1993-7715-4423
Switch FC
SW-6723-8387-1403
Some people are thinking that Helga might be unlocked by doing a bunch of online races, which really sucks cuz online mode (on Switch atleast) is pretty much dead.

Also Raphael might be unlocked by doing a bunch of Arena Mode games, but not 100% sure about that either.

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Why did they think tying a character to online was a good idea
I thought game devs learned to stop doing that, like, 20 years ago. And I mean literally before Xbox Live started to be a thing, since the Japanese Dreamcast version of MvC2 required you to both play online and hook your VMU up to an MvC2 arcade cabinet to unlock everyone, and they got rid of those requirements for the localization.

ivanlerma

Smash Champion

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
That's Great to Know
The OP was being sarcastic.

It makes me think what's really holding back these games from being more popular is just...GameMill not doing enough marketing. Items and voices on day 1, SP content, music you'd actually hear on Nick (well, rearranged versions of them), a normie-friendly roster, all the supposed reasons NASB is unpopular do not apply here, and yet the playercount is even lower for NKR3.

Yes I know not every game needs eleventy quadrillion players, but I at least want triple digits. That's why there was that mention about the online being dead earlier, because it's true in the literal sense and not the every-game-must-be-like-Fortnite kind.

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord
Some people are thinking that Helga might be unlocked by doing a bunch of online races, which really sucks cuz online mode (on Switch atleast) is pretty much dead.

Also Raphael might be unlocked by doing a bunch of Arena Mode games, but no 100% on that either.
Surely there’s a way to dig into the games code and see what the requirements/parameters are?

Also while I’m not saying the game will be thriving don’t forget GameMill made it known that they’re aware of the performance issues and looking for a fix. Me personally I have no interest in getting a kart racer that lags, so I’m waiting on that update to go through (assuming it hasn’t already and GameMill just forgot to mention it)

Last edited:

Geoffrey Druyts

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1993-7715-4423
Switch FC
SW-6723-8387-1403
The OP was being sarcastic.

It makes me think what's really holding back these games from being more popular is just...GameMill not doing enough marketing. Items and voices on day 1, SP content, music you'd actually hear on Nick (well, rearranged versions of them), a normie-friendly roster, all the supposed reasons NASB is unpopular do not apply here, and yet the playercount is even lower for NKR3.

Yes I know not every game needs eleventy quadrillion players, but I at least want triple digits. That's why there was that mention about the online being dead earlier, because it's true in the literal sense and not the every-game-must-be-like-Fortnite kind.
I looked at Gamemill's Facebook and Tiktok pages, their Facebook barely mentions NKR3 at all and their Tiktok hasn't been used since Aang's reveal in NASB.

They literally only marketed the game on Twitter and a little bit on YouTube. That's it.

How do they manage to survive as a studio with the very small amount of marketing they're doing???

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord
I looked at Gamemill's Facebook and Tiktok pages, their Facebook barely mentions NKR3 at all and their Tiktok hasn't been used since Aang's reveal in NASB.

They literally only marketed the game on Twitter and a little bit on YouTube. That's it.

How do they manage to survive as a studio with the very small amount of marketing they're doing???
Probably because they spend so little and presumably make so much off of selling recognizable IP games

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Do you guys understand how licensed games like this work? Their main audience is Christmas-shopping parents, not hardcore gamers who would check publishers' social media. The amount of pre-launch coverage this game got is pretty surprising for a game of this type - YouTuber sponsorships all over the place, active encouragement of speculation, giveaways, that's a lot for this type of game.

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Their main audience is Christmas-shopping parents
And the main audience for most of this game's newcomers is also adults, so it's disappointing they wouldn't let more adults know there's a new racing game where they can play as Jimmy Neutron, Jenny Wakeman, 80s Turtles etc. GameMill games may not need to sell a million to break even, but the same is true of pretty much every pre-7th gen game, and yet they didn't slack off on the marketing. Furthermore, NASB was decently marketed until they didn't make trailers for the releases of items/voices/Hugh/Rocko.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
And the main audience for most of this game's newcomers isn't in second grade, so it's disappointing they wouldn't let more adults know there's a new racing game where they can play as Jimmy Neutron, Jenny Wakeman, 80s Turtles etc. GameMill games may not need to sell a million to break evem, but the same is true of pretty much every pre-6th gen game, and yet they didn't slack off on the marketing.
I don't get where this idea of "kids will only recognise a cartoon character if they're still on TV" comes from - streaming, family members, the "creator worked on old show before new show" footnotes on Wiki articles, top 10 listicles, just spotting a cool-looking DVD at HMV - it's not insane to believe a 7 year old in 2021 would know who Oblina is, especially if they're already interested in buying a Nickelodeon-branded crossover game. And even if they didn't recognise the cast, almost all the characters in this game are very striking design-wise and meant to have mass appeal. Even if you've never seen Teenage Robot or CatDog, there's still a lot of appeal to playing as, well, a teenage robot girl or two-headed cat-dog.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I don't get where this idea of "kids will only recognise a cartoon character if they're still on TV" comes from - streaming
Well, let's see-the most popular Nick shows on P+ are the ones still on TV, and Nick's Pluto channel is now really bad about showing there's more to classic Nick than early SpongeBob/FOP seasons. The Spanish channel is somewhat better about it, but there ain't gonna be any Hispanic families pitting Oblina against Rocko on the racetrack if the marketing is jack ****. Or families of any race for that matter.

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord
And the main audience for most of this game's newcomers is also adults, so it's disappointing they wouldn't let more adults know there's a new racing game where they can play as Jimmy Neutron, Jenny Wakeman, 80s Turtles etc.
I mean, I’ve never seen a tv commercial for any Nicktoons game in years, so I imagine the most likely place a parent would learn about Kart Racers 3 is by seeing it in the game section at a store, and GameMill tends to do a good job making sure their games stay in stock (either that or people just don’t buy them :4pacman:)

Furthermore, NASB was decently marketed until they didn't make trailers for the releases of items/voices/Hugh/Rocko.
Truthfully I wouldn’t be surprised if they’re running slim on the budget for that type of stuff

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Truthfully I wouldn’t be surprised if they’re running slim on the budget for that type of stuff
Yeah. I get that. Voices ain't cheap, let alone all the VAs they had to hire for NASB and NKR3, and the marketing for NASB started ****ting the bed with the VA update.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend

Geoffrey Druyts

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1993-7715-4423
Switch FC
SW-6723-8387-1403
For the people playing NRK3, here's an updated list of the 4 unlockable characters that aren't unlocked in Challenges or the Garage:

Cindy: Play 15 Slime Scrambles (not sure if you need 3 stars or not, but just doing all Easy cups and 5 of the Middle cups should do the trick.)
Raphael: Win 70-75 Arena games (not sure on the number, but it's worth noting that a kart part is unlocked at 50 wins)
Donatello: Beat all Time Trial ghosts
Helga: Win 20 Online Races

These might not be 100% accurate, so please keep that in mind.

Last edited:

Samus Harang

Smash Cadet
oh ****, here we go again...
Even beyond the free to play nature of the game and the IPs being huge, Disney Speedstorm also has the advantage of a slick, cohesive presentation with pretty graphics that still stay cartoony even with the humans. Also related to presentation are the great remixes of Disney songs for people who want a sense of authenticity. These are racers in appropriate gear who are participating in a competition. It reminds me of the Crash Team Racing games in how it ties itself into a narrative even if Disney Speedstorm only does this aesthetically in the end.

Nickelodeon Kart Racing 3 is like many other kart racers released yearly where these mascot characters are just thrown together and race on random tracks but there is nothing in particular to hold your attention beyond your favorite franchise being in it which is probably why the roster is seen as absolutely vital for games like this to succeed in a crowded market.

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
For the people playing NRK3, here's an updated list of the 4 unlockable characters that aren't unlocked in Challenges or the Garage:

Cindy: Play 15 Slime Scrambles (not sure if you need 3 stars or not, but just doing all Easy cups and 5 of the Middle cups should do the trick.)
Raphael: Win 70-75 Arena games (not sure on the number, but it's worth noting that a kart part is unlocked at 50 wins)

I can confirm the Helga and Cindy ones are correct. The two other turtles require more grinding, so I will confirm when I get them if that's true.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Also related to presentation are the great remixes of Disney songs for people who want a sense of authenticity. These are racers in appropriate gear who are participating in a competition.
I guess Mario Kart should be considered bad then. It has its own songs instead of the same old World 1-1 theme, and characters only wear racing suits if A. They're on a bike and B. Normally wear dresses.

Samus Harang

Smash Cadet
I guess Mario Kart should be considered bad then. It has its own songs instead of the same old World 1-1 theme, and characters only wear racing suits if A. They're on a bike and B. Normally wear dresses.
The industry leader can slack off and still lead by a wide margin despite this, look at Pokemon. The new entries look to be a big improvement over the last generation but Pokemon maintained a LONG history of uninterrupted success to get here no matter what.

Are people ever really WOWED by Mario Kart these days anyway? It is like comfort food, you know the roster you are going to get, you know the items they will use and you know the courses that will get recycled. It is good enough and nothing more.

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
The industry leader can slack off and still lead by a wide margin despite this, look at Pokemon. The new entries look to be a big improvement over the lest generation but Pokemon had a LONG time of uninterrupted success to get here no matter what.

Are people ever really WOWED by Mario Kart these days anyway? It is like comfort food, you know the roster you are going to get, you know the items they will use and you know the courses that will get recycled. It is good enough and nothing more.
Look I'm sorry, but things like that Steam thread just make me insecure when NKR3 selling hundreds of thousands is literally the only way for a potential NASB2 to have content worthy of...a playercount closer to RoA's, at least. I don't need a Smash killing Twitch frontpaging game, but I also need to be able to play the frickin' game online without waiting an eternity for players.

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord

3D6E148D-12D9-461F-B9B2-D38CE25DAB2F.jpeg

Top Bottom