• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl General Thread - All Star Brawl 2 Available Today!

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Something really interesting about NKR3: The victory theme samples the Nick jingle! Seems licensed music may be on the table.
I think getting the original songs might be easier if you don't use the master recordings. Case in point, Nicktoons Racing:

1. The GBC version features 8-bit versions of the Rugrats theme and Nick jingle
  2. Every other version has the R&S theme play on the R&S track, but it's a new arrangement made for the game.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Have y'all seen the game's tutorial? Sandy, Patrick and Squidward have actual fully voiced banter in it.
Is it original dialog? With Carolyn Lawrence/Bill Fagerbakke/Roger Bumpass?

I know I already asked if the voice actors were the official ones and not soundalikes, but I didn't get an answer. Either way this should be good news for NASB2 having the pre-fight conversations feel like real conversations, although Nick might've just okayed it because it's SpongeBob characters talking with each other.

Geoffrey Druyts

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1993-7715-4423
Switch FC
SW-6723-8387-1403
Something really interesting about NKR3: The victory theme samples the Nick jingle! Seems licensed music may be on the table. That being said, the CatDog track still uses a legally distinct version of the theme
I think the Patrick Star Show Track uses a bit of the show's theme song as a sample aswell. I thought that was pretty cool.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I think the Patrick Star Show Track uses a bit of the show's theme song as a sample aswell. I thought that was pretty cool.
Huh, I guess they really do want to address all the NASB complaints then.

This game's really gonna need lotsa word-of-mouth in order for any potential NASB2 to address those complaints as well, seeing as how it's not making as big of a splash despite addressing those complaints and Mario Kart being twice as popular as Smash.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
The Mario Kart audience is mostly kids and families, while most of the Smash audience is hypebeasts and gaming obsessives - you can only really get a big hype cycle for a kart racer (without being Mario) if you try to make a more advanced game like CTR or the Korean KartRider games, which the NKR games pretty clearly aren't aiming for.

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
The Mario Kart audience is mostly kids and families, while most of the Smash audience is hypebeasts and gaming obsessives - you can only really get a big hype cycle for a kart racer (without being Mario) if you try to make a more advanced game like CTR or the Korean KartRider games, which the NKR games pretty clearly aren't aiming for.
Either way, NKR3 needs to be a commercial success and then some for those disappointed with NASB1 to be...not as disappointed with 2. Remember, none of Paramount's money can go to funding Nicktoons games, it's the publisher's job.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I currently have not seen Sheldon or Tuck (from My Life as a Teenage Robot) as crew members. They might end up being DLC racers themselves.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
We can't have Min Min as a DLC character because that means she can equip a spirit of Min Min and that'll make the world explode.

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
I haven't seen Goku and Minecraft Steve in this game either. I guess they're also coming as DLC characters then.
Missing major characters from a represented series whew, in-game, every represented series has most of its' major characters as pit crew members, is way different than two completely unrelated 3rd/4th parties.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Missing major characters from a represented series whew, in-game, every represented series has most of its' major characters as pit crew members, is way different than two completely unrelated 3rd/4th parties.
I think Geoffrey's mocking the idea that they left out characters from the pit crew selection so they would be DLC/pit crew members can't be DLC.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Also that kinda makes sense, isn’t Chuckie’s new VA also Bart’s VA? Might’ve been a bit out of price range
It'd be hard for me to believe Nancy Cartwright is too expensive considering these games still have the likes of Frank Welker and Cam Clarke.

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord
It'd be hard for me to believe Nancy Cartwright is too expensive considering these games still have the likes of Frank Welker and Cam Clarke.
I moreso meant in the sense that Nancy Cartwright being more involved with Simpsons than Rugrats might’ve entailed a higher price to get her to sign on, compared to Frank Welker and Cam Clarke who Nick probably has on speed dial (and in Welker’s case he’s probably been doing voice work already for the upcoming Garfield show)

All just speculation of course but it’s my best guess.

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
None of the video games released after Nancy Cartwright took over the role of Chuckie actually had her voice him.

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
One thing I will say is that the water section implementation into 2's Northern Water Tribe was surprisingly clever, since it replaces a frozen-over lake from the original!

The track quality feels all over the place in this game.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero

tfw Robot Chicken and Death Battle could both get Dante Basco to voice Zuko but not an officially licensed game

Notably they got Arnold's VA from Extreme Tennis back, but not Aang's VA from NASB. Aang is the only character to be in both NASB and KR3 and not have the same VA in both games.

Last edited:

Geoffrey Druyts

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1993-7715-4423
Switch FC
SW-6723-8387-1403
I think Geoffrey's mocking the idea that they left out characters from the pit crew selection so they would be DLC/pit crew members can't be DLC.
Kinda yeah.

Not saying that it's unlikely, but it's a bit silly to jump into the conclusion that Sheldon or Tuck are gonna be DLC just because they don't appear in the game.

You could make the argument for a lot of other characters whose series are already represented.

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord
Kinda yeah.

Not saying that it's unlikely, but it's a bit silly to jump into the conclusion that Sheldon or Tuck are gonna be DLC just because they don't appear in the game.

You could make the argument for a lot of other characters whose series are already represented.
wait you're telling me Jennika has a chance?!?!?! /jk

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Kinda yeah.

Frankly I think NKR3's DLC would be more like, say, a Wild Thornberrys pack, a Rocket Power pack, etc. which contain a couple drivers+vehicles+tracks+pit crew members from their respective shows, which wouldn't be good for promoting pit crew members anyway.

Unless I'm overthinking things and they just sell individual drivers. Then Tommy and Angelica would be practically guaranteed, PNGs be damned.

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord

Huh, this trailer music kinda reminds me of NASB’s “Get Ready, Get Ready”

Anyways, though I haven’t played it yet, Kart Racers 3 looks like it’s got even more mechanical intrigue and technique to it than Kart Racers 2 before it (which was already strong in that department) but I can’t bring myself to pick it up until the frame rate issues are fixed, as from what I gather it’s a widespread issue across all versions (including Series X)

I do recommend Kart Racers 2 and this game though, mechanically it’s really fun to figure out what customization options give you the best chance at one upping your own lap high scores

Geoffrey Druyts

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1993-7715-4423
Switch FC
SW-6723-8387-1403

Anyways, though I haven’t played it yet, Kart Racers 3 looks like it’s got even more mechanical intrigue and technique to it than Kart Racers 2 before it (which was already strong in that department) but I can’t bring myself to pick it up until the frame rate issues are fixed, as from what I gather it’s a widespread issue across all versions (including Series X)

I do recommend Kart Racers 2 and this game though, mechanically it’s really fun to figure out what customization options give you the best chance at one upping your own lap high scores
I play on Switch, and some of the tracks make the Switch suffer really bad. I really hope there's a patch coming for this ASAP.

I still had fun tho with the 7 cups I completed so far.

dlewis53

Smash Lord

What would you say the drifting is like compared to Kart Racers 2?

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion

They're already working on a patch for the frame rate issues. Hopefully it comes soon.

Personally tho I didn't buy the game yet, probably going to wo wait for a sale which will probably happen around black friday.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719

They're already working on a patch for the frame rate issues. Hopefully it comes soon.

Personally tho I didn't buy the game yet, probably going to wo wait for a sale which will probably happen around black friday.
I just hope the performance issues are solely a console thing.

Geoffrey Druyts

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1993-7715-4423
Switch FC
SW-6723-8387-1403
I just tried playing my first online cup race...

...And I clipped through the floor, and got send all the way to last place. I was first the whole time too. I've never felt more salty in my life than now.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I just tried playing my first online cup race...

...And I clipped through the floor, and got send all the way to last place. I was first the whole time too. I've never felt more salty in my life than now.
well considering the amount of sea life in the game salty is appropriate

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I just hope the performance issues are solely a console thing.
And I think they are, since I'm consistently getting 120 FPS on my PC.

On a more disappointing note, I dislike Jimmy's voice acting. He's just quoting his lines from the movie out of context.

Top Bottom