• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl General Thread - All Star Brawl 2 Available Today!

LimeTH

Smash Lord
Not gonna lie, the Beavers were one of my least hyped for this game, but their gimmick is so well done and their voice acting so flawless that I'm really interested in not just playing them but checking out some of their show too.
Join us! We have Yahoo soda and Lickety Splits!

Fun fact: The soda in both Angry Beavers and Hey Arnold was called Yahoo.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
Not gonna lie, the Beavers were one of my least hyped for this game, but their gimmick is so well done and their voice acting so flawless that I'm really interested in not just playing them but checking out some of their show too.
Same here, it's the only show from both games that I never watched (well that and Double dare if we count that) and I'm curious to watch a few episodes.

Honestly, I was dreading the Angry Beavers reveal for practically months. And now that I've seen them in action? I can actually say this is not a bad idea.

I would have vastly preferred solo Beavers, or even just getting one Beaver, but it could have (and would have) been MUCH worse.

Geoffrey Druyts

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1993-7715-4423
Switch FC
SW-6723-8387-1403
Would be so funny if you manage to catch both of them in a single attack and they take double damage.

Happy Birthday the beavers should be an achievement (for those that don't know, happy birthday is when you KO two characters at the same time in a tag game.)
Speaking of achievements, I hope they're gonna be improved. Some of NASB1's achievements were pretty lame and felt a bit "same-y". Like the sportsball achievements where you needed to get a 10 score lead against a CPU player with every single ball. These could've easily been one single achievement instead of multiple ones.

I hope there's gonna be character specific achievements, like the beavers one you suggested. Or maybe one where you have to 4-stock SpongeBob as Squidward. Fun challenges like that.

There could also be some fighting related achievements, like use every single Super atleast once, or get a combo of "X". And ofcourse achievements related to the campaign mode. "Buy all the perks", "Defeat the campaign mode in "X" amount of time", "Defeat a boss without taking any damage".

TL;DR: I hope they put more thought into unique achievements instead of copy-pasting a specific achievement multiple times.

Well, if nothing else, I'm glad Dag & Norb ultimately didn't kick up a salt storm.

Also, place your bets now:

Who will be the final newcomer revealed? Azula or Gerald?
Azula would be more hype to end with.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
Honestly they should have just end with Gertie as the final reveal, which would have still been somewhat controversial but ending on the "surprise funny" pick would have made much more sense. And Gerald should have been announced much earlier, like at Ember's date.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I can't speak for others but Angry Beavers was one of my favorite nick shows, I found it funny and whacky enough without feeling too weird, like say Ren&Stimpy and Rocko were. Not saying I didn't like those, but it was definitely a different feel.

ZeroJanitor

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
ZJ#732
NNID
ZeroJanitor
Switch FC
SW-3025-9002-7252
Angry Beavers is one of those shows I definitely remember watching but can't remember anything that happens in any episode.

Except the one where their teeth grow really long and wrap around their bodies. That one's burned into my brain.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Angry Beavers is one of those shows I definitely remember watching but can't remember anything that happens in any episode.

Except the one where their teeth grow really long and wrap around their bodies. That one's burned into my brain.
The only episode I actually remember seeing as a kid was the Halloween special, "The Day the World Got Really Screwed Up". The show seemed to come on at extremely inconvenient times for me besides that one particular Halloween.

Gorgonzales

Smash Ace

it's always the body horror stuff that tends to stick with you as a kid. i remember being terrified of courage the cowardly dog and mr. meaty for this exact reason

KatKit

Smash Lord
They put so much love into the Angry Beavers! Their playstyle is awesome; I watched the show but I wasn't this interested in them in l until I saw them in action. Their voice actors are having a total blast; I know the hardcore fans are eating good, ahaha

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
some of their show too.
Do it!

Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it!
They put so much love into the Angry Beavers! Their playstyle is awesome; I watched the show but I wasn't this interested in them in l until I saw them in action. Their voice actors are having a total blast; I know the hardcore fans are eating good, ahaha
Oi, that we are!

Last edited:

Good Night !

Smash Rookie

OMG, this is literally what I thought when I saw their announcement.

LimeTH

Smash Lord
it's always the body horror stuff that tends to stick with you as a kid.
I remember that not being so bad compared to other body horror moments in cartoons. I mostly recall kid me finding Norb’s teeth making a hamster ball shape around him and him rolling around uncontrollably to be hilarious.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Gerald looks awesome! I always thought he was a really cool pick even before the leak, and I feel vindicated now.

With this newcomer reveal pace, digital pre-orders for Switch will be up in no time.

Last edited:

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
I gotta say, that's a GREAT choice for his super.

He's got a surprising amount of multihits in his moveset, which... Smash has conditioned me to expect to work about 75% of the time lmao, but we'll see. He definitely looks pretty fun.

darkvortex

Smash Lord
Keeping the avatar characters as the final reveal again, huh?

anyway he looks really fun. he was the character I was least excited about but they did a good job with his moveset and animations. not someone in gonna main but I'm glad he's here. that's a fun pull for a super

Last edited:

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Well, that's a surprise.
Gerald looks... okay, I guess? I dunno, he seems kinda slow and didn't have a lot in the trailer that stood out to me as cool. Maybe the showcase will be more promising.
What I wanna know is, will Gerald mains have to deal with a Mewtwo tail hurtbox on that hairdo of his? Imagine a Gerald main losing Game 5 in Grand Finals at EVO by getting clipped by his hair hurtbox. That'd actually be super unfortunate and hilarious.

Last edited:

dlewis53

Smash Lord
Gerald look...alright, I guess?

Honestly, I'm not really feeling it right now; the only stand-outs I saw were him using his hair for an attack, one of his attacks involving break-dancing, and his Super being the Ghost Bride; that one in particular I didn't see coming and that's probably the one thing out of this trailer that looks pretty cool.

So yeah, I'm still rather "meh" on Gerald right now. We'll see what his showcase is like.

Well, at least I have Azula to look forward to as an awesome final base-game newcomer!

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I'm also wondering if there will even be a second Hey Arnold stage for Gerald. We didn't see one in his reveal, so he might just end up getting the Loud Castle as his stage.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Gerald's skateboard move reminds me a lot of Jenny Fox's skateboard

I'm also wondering if there will even be a second Hey Arnold stage for Gerald. We didn't see one in his reveal, so he might just end up getting the Loud Castle as his stage.
Stage theory has been disconfirmed for ages now, as has Lincoln, I don't know why you're still clinging onto it.

Last edited:

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
What I wanna know is, will Gerald mains have to deal with a Mewtwo tail hurtbox on that hairdo of his? Imagine a Gerald main losing Game 5 in Grand Finals at EVO by getting clipped by his hair hurtbox. That'd actually be super hilarious and unfortunate.
Oh my god I hope not. I can't tell you how many times I've tried to play Mewtwo in Ultimate just to completely drop him because of stupid **** like this lol.

Just to rant about it a little more, I really don't understand why he was the only to get singled out with that hurtbox while Ridley and Charizard don't have to worry about it...

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Oh my god I hope not. I can't tell you how many times I've tried to play Mewtwo in Ultimate just to completely drop him because of stupid **** like this lol.

Just to rant about it a little more, I really don't understand why he was the only to get singled out with that hurtbox while Ridley and Charizard don't have to worry about it...
You're preaching to the choir, my friend. I tried maining Mewtwo in Ultimate for years, and like... my GOD, it just was not happening. Poor guy's just a mishmash of contradictory qualities who struggles to get anything done.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Gerald is 'meh' to me too. I expected him to look or feel more fun somehow.
But I guess I'm glad that's another character down and now only Azula left

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Well, that's a surprise.
Gerald looks... okay, I guess? I dunno, he seems kinda slow and didn't have a lot in the trailer that stood out to me as cool. Maybe the showcase will be more promising.
What I wanna know is, will Gerald mains have to deal with a Mewtwo tail hurtbox on that hairdo of his? Imagine a Gerald main losing Game 5 in Grand Finals at EVO by getting clipped by his hair hurtbox. That'd actually be super unfortunate and hilarious.
I think problems with Mewtwo tailbox are largely exaggerated because of ol' negativity bias.

That said, part of the problem with Mewtwo's tail isn't just that it adds to his hurtbox size, it's also its placement. It extends out his hurtbox backwards when he tries to dash back and also makes his horizental hurtbox a lot bigger, making it easier to juggle/combo him from below.

Gerald's hair is on his head and will likely stay that way, so even if he gets a hairbox his overall hurtbox will still be skinny.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
I think problems with Mewtwo tailbox are largely exaggerated because of ol' negativity bias.

That said, part of the problem with Mewtwo's tail isn't just that it adds to his hurtbox size, it's also its placement. It extends out his hurtbox backwards when he tries to dash back and also makes his horizental hurtbox a lot bigger, making it easier to juggle/combo him from below.

Gerald's hair is on his head and will likely stay that way, so even if he gets a hairbox his overall hurtbox will still be skinny.
Ehh... I'd say it's pretty bad. Having one of the notoriously widest and easiest-to-hit frames in the game while also being among the lightest characters in the game is REAL bad on a character who wants to weave in and out of his opponent's space.
(Of course, his abysmal air acceleration doesn't help with that either and that's an even bigger issue in my book.)

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I'm thinking at this point that the Season Pass is probably gonna be all the DLC we're getting.

Top Bottom