• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl General Thread - All Star Brawl 2 Available Today!

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
A Nickelodeon smash brothers "clone" was always going to be nechie in terms of people who actually commit to it. Nothing is gonna change that
I made an image ****ting on people obsessed with Steam charts, dude. I know the difference between a niche game and a dead game. NASB is not "niche", Rivals is.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Honestly, if non-Smash platform fighters ever break into the mainstream, it probably wouldn't be a crossover fighter that pulls it off - more likely an OC indie with a REALLY striking aesthetic and/or theme that doesn't have to "compete" with Smash in the public perception, aiming for an audience unfamiliar with Smash instead of Ultimate fans looking for a shake-up or disillusioned Melee fans - and even then I doubt that'd happen.

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Honestly, if non-Smash platform fighters ever break into the mainstream, it probably wouldn't be a crossover fighter that pulls it off - more likely an OC indie with a REALLY striking aesthetic and/or theme that doesn't have to "compete" with Smash in the public perception - and even then I doubt that'd happen.
Or maybe one just needs decent advertising. Like Multiversus had once that cinematic trailer happened.

Because breaking news-it's not making a good or bad game, or a simple or complex one, or a stable or buggy one, or OCs or preestablished characters, or whatever that gets people to play a game. Advertising is more important to a game's appeal than anything else.

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Nick: Wants to cash in on Smash's success
Also Nick: Proceeds to cut out 11 of its veterans from previous game including one that was a massive memetic request
We still don't have any proof that eleven vets are cut, man.

Don't bother, that's Riley for ya. Anything he says just isn't logical.
Yeah, I'm aware. I just want the kid to acknowledge his issues. Ideally, he'd stop and grow as a person

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Starting to think he's a troll.

Either way, the remainder of this thread until the release of NASB3 is going to be about Lincoln Loud.
Excuse me, this is complaining-about-my-inability-to-play-a-multiplayer-focused-game-with-multiple-players erasure.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Either way, the remainder of this thread until the release of NASB3 is going to be about Lincoln Loud.
Then watch that half of the characters from the first game as well as other half from the second are cut and we get a mixture of both from the first two games with no newcomers.

Because apparently Nick is strange with its decision-making.

Last edited:

Fields - Ultimate's Great

Smash Journeyman
The devs are complete and utter morons for freely choosing such a bad roster. This game's sales and reception will probably tank.

Then watch that half of the characters from the first game as well as other half from the second are cut and we get a mixture of both from the first two games with no newcomers.

Because apparently Nick is strange with its decision-making.
It's Fair Play Labs and Ludo making the decisions. Nick gave them freedom and this is the roster we have now.

Last edited:

Geoffrey Druyts

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1993-7715-4423
Switch FC
SW-6723-8387-1403
The devs are complete and utter morons for freely choosing such a bad roster. This game's sales and reception will probably tank.

It's Fair Play Labs and Ludo making the decisions. Nick gave them freedom and this is the roster we have now.
It's so painful, the game was looking so awesome with the improved movesets and new content, and then they fumble super hard with the roster.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Why is everyone so doom-and-gloom? Guys, the person saying 11 cuts was a speculator, not a playtester or official source.
Why aren't you? Don't you also want to play the game in a way that doesn't involve pinging Discord users who'd instantly kick our asses?

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
At this point I don't have hopes that the 11 missing veterans are coming back, there's just way too many evidence that they're not.

And honestly it's a huge shame because the game looks amazing on every level aside from the roster. I'm honestly not sure if I'm even going to buy the game personally, losing CatDog and Oblina really sucks. Personally I would have take half less newcomers to get half of the missing veterans.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Why aren't you? Don't you also want to play the game in a way that doesn't involve pinging Discord users who'd instantly kick our asses?
Because there is not any evidence the 11 missing vets are all cut. Not a damn lick of it. The person who said it is not a playtester and not a dev, nor even the person who posted the damn images in the first place! They're a speculator. Nothing more.

Second, your irrational fear of Discord ping players has absolutely nothing to do with the quality of the game itself. The game is still making huge quality of life improvements to make the game itself more fun to play. As much as I don't agree with W3 frequently, the gameplay is the most important part to nail. Period. Characters can come and go but if it's fun to play it's fun to play. You can be disappointed with the roster all you want but that doesn't make the game bad.

At this point I don't have hopes that the 11 missing veterans are coming back, there's just way too many evidence that they're not.
By all means, please tell me all this evidence you people keep going on about but have yet to show.

What is the point of having the castle from the movie as a stage if Lincoln is cut and we don't bother getting another LH rep...
Don't you start Riley'ing too.

ARandomFruit

Smash Journeyman
My way of coping is saying that Hugh facing right and the npc facing left means they are different somehow.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Second, your irrational fear of Discord ping players
I don't fear them, I'm just not interested in pinging Grinders.

And yes, gameplay is important too, but when this is a multiplayer-focused game, there's not really a point to playing it without other players unless the story mode turns out to be fun.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
I don't fear them, I'm just not interested in pinging Grinders.

And yes, gameplay is important too, but when this is a multiplayer-focused game, there's not really a point to playing it without other players unless the story mode turns out to be fun.
We have no evidence to suggest it won't be??

And I'm sorry but thats the world you live in, if you don't like it you picked the wrong game to be into. This game will always be more niche than it's contemporaries, either because they're so massive (Smash), had a huge push in advertising to get people down to play (Multiversus), or are free to play (Brawlhalla).

I'm infinitely more excited for Fraymakers than Multiversus but I've come to terms with the fact that it's going to be niche. Let it go and move on.

Gorgonzales

Smash Ace
me reading all of the past few pages regarding how much content is presumably going to be lost in the jump from NASB1 to the sequel REALLY reinforced my initial mental reaction to NASB2's announcement being "...this soon?"

like if there's any game that could've benefitted from more time in the oven it'd probably be this one

Faso115

Smash Lord
At the very least, we have confirmation that Hugh was demoted to NPC. Some dude is claiming the aren't any unlockable characters so it means that not even Vlad is playable

Still, a biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit concerning.

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
Who's side is anyone even on anymore...

Scream "LOL COPIUM" all you want, but if there are any cuts at all I still subscribe to the "NASB1 Section characters are in" theory. Hugh and PTM? Implied or confirmed to be cut, not on the section. Helga and Lincoln? Got evidence implying their inclusion, were in the section.

Last edited:

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
By all means, please tell me all this evidence you people keep going on about but have yet to show.
-The banner leak not showing the missing characters
-The story leak saying that some characters are evil npcs
-PapaGenos saying that the Hugh he saw isn't actually playable
-Moves from the missing characters being repurposed to newcomers and veterans

If it was only for one of those things I would have argue it could be a coincidence. But all of this, no. They're not coming back.

Last edited:

Fields - Ultimate's Great

Smash Journeyman
Why is everyone so doom-and-gloom? Guys, the person saying 11 cuts was a speculator, not a playtester or official source.
Because it wasn't just a speculator, I'm on a server with them and they're claiming sources and **** for real with another guy connected to leakers agreeing with them. It's looking grim for now so that's what I'm gonna expect until I'm pleasantly surprised. Especially when that one "story leak" supports the 11 cuts, the current banner supports 11 cuts, and there's a lot of repurposing from vet chars.

It also lines up with how they intentionally refused to show Donatello's super with a dev flat out saying "surprises later :)" or something, they know cuts are gonna be bad and hid it away: a strategy they've done before.

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
We have no evidence to suggest it won't be??

And I'm sorry but thats the world you live in, if you don't like it you picked the wrong game to be into. This game will always be more niche than it's contemporaries, either because they're so massive (Smash), had a huge push in advertising to get people down to play (Multiversus), or are free to play (Brawlhalla).

I'm infinitely more excited for Fraymakers than Multiversus but I've come to terms with the fact that it's going to be niche. Let it go and move on.
It doesn't have to be that way.* Do you not remember the first month of NASB1's release, when it WAS able to get away with its hyperoffensive gameplay, releasing the day Sora was announced, and its lack of items/voices/costumes/Jimmy/Timmy/etc.? Most of those complaints don't apply to NASB2, but barely anyone's gonna find out unless they pay YouTubers like...ones that do more than Smash/platform fighters. Which they did for NASB1!

*inb4 someone misinterprets this as me needing the game to be as big as SSBU

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
-The banner leak not showing the missing characters
-The story leak saying that some characters are evil npcs
-PapaGenos saying that the Hugh he saw isn't actually playable
-Moves from the missing characters being repurposed to newcomers and veterans

If it was only for one of those things I would have argue it could be a coincidence. But all of this, no. They're not coming back.
1. That banner is already pretty full with the newcomers and franchise faces (you know, the characters you want to advertise). Any more characters would risk overcrowding it.
2. StephenSquareHeaded's "leak" isn't even a leak at all; frankly I'd argue it's more of a meme than anything else. Maybe a hint, but there's no screencaps or anything. Until we see those characters in-game as NPCs, this is a hint at best. And frankly, the dude is a massive troll in the first place.
3. Alright, that one works... for Hugh and Hugh alone. That's all our reputable public-facing leaker has said.
4. A single move has been repurposed into a veteran from the same series. Yes, this implies that PTM may have got the axe but it doesn't confirm it directly. Both characters could have the move, or just PTM could hace been axed. It says nothing about the other characters.

The inferences we can now make from these last two days are as follows:
  • Hugh is most likely a story-mode exclusive NPC.
  • Gaz is likely a story-mode exclusive NPC or potentially a background character.
  • Gir is a story-mode NPC, but could still be part of Zim's kit as well.
  • Powdered Toast Man was likely axed.

Thats it. PTM and Hugh are our only characters with evidemce directly pointing to being cut. Everything else is baseless conjecture based on circumstantial, inconclusive elements.

Take every leak with a grain of salt. Until you see them not in the game, they remain Schrodinger's veterans.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Because it wasn't just a speculator, I'm on a server with them and they're claiming sources and **** for real with another guy connected to leakers agreeing with them. It's looking grim for now so that's what I'm gonna expect until I'm pleasantly surprised. Especially when that one "story leak" supports the 11 cuts, the current banner supports 11 cuts, and there's a lot of repurposing from vet chars.

It also lines up with how they intentionally refused to show Donatello's super with a dev flat out saying "surprises later :)" or something, they know cuts are gonna be bad and hid it away: a strategy they've done before.
I'm in the Discord too, and anyone can claim to be a leaker. If they have so much information and access to the game, they can show the CSS now or they can sit down and shut up.

dlewis53

Smash Lord
After looking over everything, yeah, I'm with Gryff on this: the only thing to me that definitely suggests a cut is Hugh being an NPC, and that's only because it's PapaGenos, and he does seem to have a legit source.

The others, though? Are they playtesters or devs on the game? If not, then why should we consider anything they say to be legit?

Frankly, I'm waiting until we get something more concrete either from PapaGenos or even one of the devs on this matter; I don't really see why I should be buying anything anyone else is saying.

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
I'm in the Discord too, and anyone can claim to be a leaker. If they have so much information and access to the game, they can show the CSS now or they can sit down and shut up.
Exactly! The person probably saw that Hugh was an NPC and assumed ALL of the cut vets were NPCs.

Top Bottom