• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl General Thread - All Star Brawl 2 Available Today!

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I got my thoughts on the matter:

Through this current discussion, I've come to terms that with the game being entirely reworked, the team being small in general, and the probably year gap development time, there's gonna be cuts.

If cuts happen, that's fine. Call me an optimist, but I think the devs can rebound the negativity by announcing before launch they will work on the remaining veterans and distribute them for free post-game launch, kinda like with shredder and garfield. The cut characters are just way too odd of a decision in general, and the devs absolutely know it won't go well and hype will be killed if they don't announce promises of bringing the characters back. I'm feeling firm about this possibility, cause I know the devs are good people and have a good team that want to have a successful, quality game this time. 👍

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Alright, let's take a minute to sit back, and relax. I've got a few theories to run by

First thing's first everyone: Don't be so discouraged. Temper your expectations, brace for the worst, hope for the best.

One might call them "Game Theories"

First theory: The guy who leaked the images is lying for clout/trolling. Whether we like to admit it or not, trolls are a real issue. They do exist, and they do what they do for no reason. I personally will never understand what they get from it, but I'm not a troll, so I never will.

Second theory: The information the leaker has is outdated. We know people have been playtesting this for quite sometime, considering the leaks. They could have checked the game's data and found no mention of the other fighters. This leads into the third theory (maybe I should've called it 2.5):
The build of the game playtesters have is almost surely outdated and incomplete; we know even the showcases are being run on an outdated build of the game. It's entirely possible they just weren't ready for the playtester demo/build.

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
I got my thoughts on the matter:

Through this current discussion, I've come to terms that with the game being entirely reworked, the team being small in general, and the probably year gap development time, there's gonna be cuts.

If cuts happen, that's fine. Call me an optimist, but I think the devs can rebound the negativity by announcing before launch they will work on the remaining veterans and distribute them for free post-game launch, kinda like with shredder and garfield. The cut characters are just way too odd of a decision in general, and the devs absolutely know it won't go well and hype will be killed if they don't announce promises of bringing the characters back. I'm feeling firm about this possibility, cause I know the devs are good people and have a good team that want to have a successful, quality game this time. 👍
And even then, we don't know if everyone's gone. I doubt they'd cut just Hugh, but at the same time "NASB1 Section vets are in" Theory is still alive and well. Stage theory's holding up and we got the Helga webpage with move names, and both her and Linc were in the NASB1 section. Meanwhile, PTM's implied to be cut and Hugh's basically confirmed to be cut. They weren't in the NASB1 section. And even then, 5 is a more reasonable number for post-launch free content.

Like GaminGryff said, we need to calm down and take a step back.

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Even if it turns out that all 11 are still cut, we still have a roster of 26, which is technically bigger than the final roster of the original, with 4 more confirmed on the way, for a minimum fighter total of 30.

1. SpongeBob
2. Patrick
3. Squidward
4. Plankton
5. Raphael
6. Donatello
7. April O'Niel
8. Danny Phantom
9. Ember
10. Aang
11. Korra
12. Ren & Stimpy
13. Lucy Loud
14. Zim
16. Reptar
17. Nigel Thornberry
18. Garfield
19. Jenny
20. Rocko
21. Jimmy Neutron
22. El Tigre
23. Gerald
24. Gertie
25. Angry Beavers
26. Azula

Now, admittedly, 11 post-launch free update characters is probably too ambitious. But say, maybe, if 6 of those stuck around, for a total of 5 being post-launch free updates, that I could maybe see. Not a high likelihood, but still possible.

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
Now, admittedly, 11 post-launch free update characters is probably too ambitious. But say, maybe, if 6 of those stuck around, for a total of 5 being post-launch free updates, that I could maybe see. Not a high likelihood, but still possible.
That's still my theory. The ones in the NASB1 part get to be in base, while the remaining 5 are free updates.

LimeTH

Smash Lord
Guys, take it from the guy losing hope in solo Beavers, get the lamentations out now and set your expectations in check just in case we really are losing all 11 vets.

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
We may have to wait until a third game for an Everyone is Here, but they also likely wouldn't need to remake things from scratch for that.
How do we know that? They may drop the ball again and add more Gertie picks while some vets are still missing.

I get where you're coming from, though it sucks that we even NEED an Everyone is Here game to get Nick Essentials back into the game.

Last edited:

BonafideFella

Smash Journeyman
what i'm hoping for currently is a character that uses EX moves in a manner that isn't "wholly upgraded version of the original move"
i thought characters like ren & stimpy/catdog previous game made rlly fun usage of the game's universal mechanics (strafing, projectile counterplay) in a way that rlly exemplified their uniquity. ik any buff to movement in this sort of game is in favour of offensive play, so im rlly fond of the meter thus far - i just hope there's more variability in the upgraded attacks yk. for at least one character (maybe gertie? that'd fit her.)
imagine stimpy's EX history eraser not functioning as a recovery at all. or the bubbles having a windbox that draws opponents in. very rudimentary concepts but just smth that offers more mixup.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
The only cut I can't really rationally justify whatsoever is CatDog - everyone else I can see the reasoning, even if I may not agree

Also, the only way EIH could ever happen is through this very game's DLC. If it doesn't happen then, it's never gonna happen.

Last edited:

Geoffrey Druyts

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1993-7715-4423
Switch FC
SW-6723-8387-1403
You know, I've been thinking about something. It's strange that we believe that Hugh is a NPC/cut from the roster when all we've seen is a single render of him. Like, I'm not saying he's not an NPC, but don't we want a bit more proof then that?

Like, an actual screenshot where we see him being an actual NPC, like the Gir screenshot?

This is probably huge copium playing right now, but I wanna wait things out before saying he's truly been cut.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Call me a tinfoiler but I don't think so

I genuinely think it's a bot at this point
I already thought Riley was taken over by a bot when he developed his tendency to doubt literally everything once FP2 speculation kicked in.

You know, I've been thinking about something. It's strange that we believe that Hugh is a NPC/cut from the roster when all we've seen is a single render of him. Like, I'm not saying he's not an NPC, but don't we want a bit more proof then that?

Like, an actual screenshot where we see him being an actual NPC, like the Gir screenshot?

This is probably huge copium playing right now, but I wanna wait things out before saying he's truly been cut.
You're coping. Considering Papa Genos is doubling down on Hugh NPC, that's what will happen at this point. It's just what makes the most sense. Alongside 11 cuts because we can't have good things, Leo and Mikey most definitely being cut dashed my hopes.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
You're coping. Considering Papa Genos is doubling down on Hugh NPC, that's what will happen at this point. It's just what makes the most sense. Alongside 11 cuts because we can't have good things, Leo and Mikey most definitely being cut dashed my hopes.
And you're dooming. Assuming the leaks are legit and not a troll or from an outdated build, the only character we would know to be getting the axe would be Hugh, with PTM implied via Ren & Stumpy's showcase; the other 9 we have nothing for at this time.

It sucks, I know, but for now all we can do is be patient. Don't doompost, expect the worst, hope for the best.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
And you're dooming. Assuming the leaks are legit and not a troll or from an outdated build, the only character we would know to be getting the axe would be Hugh, with PTM implied via Ren & Stumpy's showcase; the other 9 we have nothing for at this time.

It sucks, I know, but for now all we can do is be patient. Don't doompost, expect the worst, hope for the best.
Pretty much. All the dooming was the cause of the nonstop chaos yesterday that saw the leak thread on the Discord nuked.

Top Bottom