• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl General Thread - All Star Brawl 2 Available Today!

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
A clear sign you have no ****ing idea what you're talking about.

Aang would like nothing more than to be a pacifist, but he comes from a world and a time where that literally is not an option.

"Many great and wise Air Nomads have detached themselves and achieved spiritual enlightenment, but the Avatar can never do it, because your sole duty is to the world. Here is my wisdom for you. Selfless duty calls you to sacrifice your own spiritual needs and do whatever it takes to protect the world." - Avatar Yangchen

As for Lincoln? The Louds regularly start in-fighting dust cloud brawls, it's literally in the theme song of the show.
Aang only fights if he strictly has to, and he's known for taking nonviolent approaches, such as his choice to strip Fire Lord Ozai of his bending instead of killing him. As for Lincoln, he doesn't like fighting and mostly prefers to peacefully resolve conflicts through negotiation. He is known for being fed up with physical fights in general and any that he participates in are involuntary on his part. Lincoln is basically like Arnold, except without the latter's "wise beyond his years" tendencies, which makes me confused why they added one and not the other.

Last edited:

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
I never really understood the whole "pacifist" argument when it comes to a game like this. It's like, these characters are coming together for a good-natured, cartoonish tussle, not a bloody street brawl for bus fare. I can understand thinking a character who isn't disposed to violence wouldn't have good moveset potential (I myself agree on that much), but it doesn't make much sense as a hard-and-fast rule.
Honestly starting with Season 9 Spongebob is actually pretty good.

And on the topic of Garfield and stuff, personally I'd rather characters be chosen on their own merit than just to fill a quota of "X franchise is more popular than Y". Like, if they have good moveset I wouldn't mind having 3 Ahh real monsters rep and Garfield still be solo for example.
This is where I've been since the days of Smash spec. I'm in favor of cool characters and movesets, not "obligatory" series representation, which is why I disagree with the notion that series like Rugrats "need" a second character. (It's also why I didn't agree when people said Animal Crossing "needs" more characters and thought one catch-all fighter is fine for non-combatant series like that.)

LimeTH

Smash Lord
I never really understood the whole "pacifist" argument when it comes to a game like this. It's like, these characters are coming together for a good-natured, cartoonish tussle, not a bloody street brawl for bus fare. I can understand thinking a character who isn't disposed to violence wouldn't have good moveset potential (I myself agree on that much), but it doesn't make much sense as a hard-and-fast rule.

This is where I've been since the days of Smash spec. I'm in favor of cool characters and movesets, not "obligatory" series representation, which is why I disagree with the notion that series like Rugrats "need" a second character. (It's also why I didn't agree when people said Animal Crossing "needs" more characters and thought one catch-all fighter is fine for non-combatant series like that.)
If you ask me, "I want a Rugrats character because a literal baby beating up Vlad Plasmums sounds ****ing hilarious" and "it's really weird such a popular and important show is being treated like an afterthought two games in a row" don't have to be mutually exclusive.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
If you ask me, "I want a Rugrats character because a literal baby beating up Vlad Plasmums sounds ****ing hilarious" and "it's really weird such a popular and important show is being treated like an afterthought two games in a row" don't have to be mutually exclusive.
I disagree with the idea that it's being treated as an afterthought at all and think if a Rugrats baby is to get in, it should be because the devs like the idea and not because they have to.

Last edited:

LimeTH

Smash Lord
I disagree with the idea that it's being treated as an afterthought at all and think if a Rugrats baby is to get in, it should be because the devs like the idea and not because they have to.
I get that, it’s just bizarre to me this game, more than the first one, is supposedly representing Reptar and Reptar alone and not anything involving the actual show.

But in any other scenario I’d agree. I‘ve always hated the “(x) is not relevant therefore they will not be in Smash” argument.

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
I get that, it’s just bizarre to me this game, more than the first one, is supposedly representing Reptar and Reptar alone and not anything involving the actual show.
Which makes it all the more jarring. "Being different" doesn't make up for poor representation of a franchise. And if they really wanted a Reptar-specific stage, Reptar on Ice and Reptarland would've been much more memorable picks than a stage people thought was Hey Arnold instead.

I hope we do get someone like Tommy at some point to bring in the main side of Rugrats that's now only represented by an item.

dlewis53

Smash Lord
I wonder, if they are separate, would they announce them in the same trailer or two different trailers? Would we get Dag one week and Norb the next?
I think the Beavers will be revealed in the same trailer regardless of whether they're fully separate or not. It doesn't make sense to me to have a separate reveal trailer for Dagget and another for Norb considering they're the main duo of the show.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
TBH cut characters as NPCs sounds pretty cool, sure beats Brawl and 3DS/Wii U's mentality of "give em a trophy and otherwise pretend they never existed. Also gives me hope there's some hefty dialog in the story mode.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Basically just stumbled onto this without much context.
Screenshot 2023-09-13 175421.png

Looking forward to meeting NPC characters in the story mode, even if I will miss playing as the likes of PTM and Hugh.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
...Well, time to get a new main to replace Lincoln since he's probably not going to be playable.
Basically just stumbled onto this without much context.
View attachment 377625
Looking forward to meeting NPC characters in the story mode, even if I will miss playing as the likes of PTM and Hugh.
11 cut... This is just speculating:
  1. Helga
  2. Toph
  3. Hugh
  4. CatDog
  5. Olbina
  6. Leo
  7. Mikey
  8. Toast Man
  9. Shredder
  10. Sandy
  11. Lincoln (I feel nothing but pain and sadness)

Last edited:

dlewis53

Smash Lord
Well, that sucks regarding Hugh. I don't see why Stage Theory is dead, though.

That being said, I do kind of like the idea of the campaign having NPCs; it makes it feel like they're putting a lot of effort into this mode.

darkvortex

Smash Champion
Well, that sucks regarding Hugh. I don't see why Stage Theory is dead, though.

That being said, I do kind of like the idea of the campaign having NPCs; it makes it feel like they're putting a lot of effort into this mode.
People believe it may be since we have two loud house stages and no LH newcomer and if the person who posted the stuff about NPC's to be believed we're getting a whole 11 cuts so Lincon could be gone too

dlewis53

Smash Lord
People believe it may be since we have two loud house stages and no LH newcomer and if the person who posted the stuff about NPC's to be believed we're getting a whole 11 cuts so Lincon could be gone too
So, as GaminGryff asked, is the person who mentioned that a playtester?

Geoffrey Druyts

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1993-7715-4423
Switch FC
SW-6723-8387-1403
God 11 cuts sounds so awful for a sequel. Like I would happily trade in some of the newcomers for some of the cuts.

Like, Grandma Gertie is funny, but not at the cost of other more important characters getting cut.

People used to joke about the turtles getting swapped, but now it might actually be true.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Playtesters haven't commented on the spoilers AFAIK, but this is interesting
View attachment 377627
View attachment 377628
I still don't know who this is. For all we know this could just be speculation too.

The only things I think we've learned is that Hugh, Gaz, and Gir have models in the game, and at the very minimum Gir has some NPC role. Inferences say that Gaz would as well since we've heard nothing about her being potentially playable.

Hugh being a veteran is suspicious. Call me in denial if you want but that render looks to me like a new fighter render, but until we see more, we can't say for sure.

No way in hell we're losing all 11. I maintain steadfast that we're losing no more than 5.

Top Bottom