• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl General Thread - All Star Brawl 2 Available Today!

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I wouldn't be surprised if the DLC was all from already repped shows, because I'm not sure if they'll even come with stages (and I don't think that they would add a fighter without a stage from their show).

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
There's a few other big release on November too, like Call of duty modern warfare 3, Persona 5 tactica and Like a dragon gaiden.
Compared to October having both Spider-Man 2 and Mario Wonder, the only one of those that seems like a major threat to NASB is CoD. Because it's ****ing CoD. The proof that people care more about what's marketed the most rather than what's actually good.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Mario, Spider-Man and Sonic have more family \ young fan bases that could cut into NAS B. More hard core gaming franchises like Persona or Yazuka (and COD) don't have much over lap with the funny spongebob game
Someone hasn't been on the internet long enough to know about jokes regarding CoD's fanbase consisting entirely of children despite it getting 17+/18+ ratings.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
Let's just say, A mom going into a Best Buy to pick up a game for her kid for Christmas or Birthday, Might pick up Mario, Spider-man, Sonic and Nickelodeon

They are not picking up Persona lmao (and to a lesser extent, they are not picking up Call Of Duty)
Oh I wasn't bringing up Persona and Yakuza because those would be competition to Nasb 2, but just because the fact that Mario rpg was the only big release in November was not very true.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
(and to a lesser extent, they are not picking up Call Of Duty)
Does Gen Alpha's parents actually pay attention to those E's and T's and M's on game boxes?

...not that I should be acting like this is new since my parents did until I was 14

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord
Someone hasn't been on the internet long enough to know about jokes regarding CoD's fanbase consisting entirely of children despite it getting 17+/18+ ratings.
I’m like 90% certain the COD fanbase would be the type to most parrot the philosophy of Smash clone, dead game, etc, etc so no I don’t think there will be overlap

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Does Gen Alpha's parents actually pay attention to those E's and T's and M's on game boxes?

...not that I should be acting like this is new since my parents did until I was 14
Gen Alphas parents are largely millenials who are more video game literate overall so it wouldn't surprise me.

Heck I'll bet they don't even need to look at the age ratings, most of them probably already know CoD has a reputation for being that game where 12-year-olds call you slurs.

LimeTH

Smash Lord

Sammerbro44

Smash Apprentice
Back to the TMNT cast then:
  • One of the best changes April got to me, is to her HUD. She now has a meter that more clearly shows how much ratings she has. It's so much better than the first game, where all you got were the stars on her mic, which for me were incredibly hard to see during the heat of a match.
  • At 0:15, the stock icon for Patrick is a lot more detailed than April's is.
  • Her side special is now the camera. I like how it can now be moved into a better position rather than just sticking to one spot.
  • Her new down special looks really fun. Slime cancel is about to go crazy with that move
  • With her up special, I'm glad she doesn't get all of her fuel back simply from grabbing the ledge. No ledge camping for April
  • At 0:53, our first good look at Lucy! And she has her little poetry journal as an idle!
  • At 1:30, our first good look at Jenny! And.... okay, it's either Jenny is way smaller than I thought, or April is way bigger than I thought.
  • Okay, so we have Guilty Gear inspiration for Plankton with his side special. Now we have DragonBall Fighterz inspiration for April with her super. That is just straight up a spirit bomb.
Overall, April feels like one of the best examples of the devs trying to give their characters more things to do instead of just being like "light dair is the same as light down; but in the air!"

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
I definitely feel about the same in regards to April as I did in the first game, though this time for a different reason. She seems kind of... Unfinished, maybe? Some of her moves have very noticable body breaking or just seem completely unnatural for a humanoid to be doing, primarily with the way her legs move during her aerials and the bending they do.

...and a Spirit Bomb as her super? Really the worst we've seen thus far. It doesn't make any sense for her to be doing. They couldve given her a move like Phoenix Wright's Level 3 where she interviews the person she's fighting and stuns them by asking them how they feel about getting thrashed on Live TV, resulting in them exploding in anger or shock for the damage. Huge missed potential there.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I find it funny this game is coming out on Godzilla's 69th anniversary as well as Godzilla Minus One's Japanese release.

Last edited:
Top Bottom