• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl General Thread - All Star Brawl 2 Available Today!

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
So looking back at Plankton's showcase and references, it seems that his grab is a reference to the net gun that was used in the episode Sandy's rocket. But what's weird to me is that Plankton don't appear in the episode and never use that gun. Maybe I'm reading too far into it but since this is Sandy's invention, it seems that this type of move could have been easily her moves, which make me think that she could have been indeed cut.
I don't have 100% faith in anyone's return but this is starting to go into conspiracy theory territory.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
I say assume everyone is cut until they're either shown or leaked in image form, even supposed leaks like Helga and Hugh, even big names like Linc and the remaining turtles - not to say you should doomer constantly about it or completely avoid discussing the cut characters and their likelihood, just go in with a "this could go either way" mentality and try to adjust to a CatDog-less NASB. We don't get CatDog? You're prepared and can voice your displeasure (which you should, mind you) in a non-defensive way, We do get CatDog? Extra exciting!

Last edited:

Sammerbro44

Smash Apprentice

We got El Tigre's spotlight right out the gate already. Pretty rad 👍
Cool! We get right into the meat of things with El Tigre:
  • "Glass-Cannon Rushdown" sounds like Tigre is gonna be steam-rolling if he can keep the pressure going, but may struggle in disadvantage if the opponent plays smart.
  • Hey, One of Tigre's alts has him wearing the Bronze Boots of Truth and the Golden Sombrero of Chaos!
  • And another one of El Tigre's alts gives him a moustache from the episode "The Moustache Kid"
  • At 0:34, We can also see another alternate costume for Squidward being a viking outfit.
  • I like El tigre's side special a lol. You can angle it, it doesn't go through shields, and it brings El Tigre towards his opponent rather than pulling his opponent closer, which fits perfectly for being a rushdown, and stays true to his character as that is how he utilizes his chain for his fights in the show.
  • At 1:20, we finally get a much better look at Reptar. Honestly, he's a lot shorter than I expected he would be.
  • It seems like Miracle City Volcano is yet another stage that will be getting multiple variants.
  • Of course the Ancient Tiger Spirit had to be Tigre's super. And it looks awesome.
Overall, I cannot wait for the El Tigre combo videos everyone's gonna create after the game comes out.

Last edited:

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
I say assume everyone is cut until they're either shown or leaked in image form, even supposed leaks like Helga and Hugh, even big names like Linc and the remaining turtles - not to say you should doomer constantly about it or completely avoid discussing the cut characters and their likelihood, just go in with a "this could go either way" mentality and try to adjust to a CatDog-less NASB. We don't get CatDog? You're prepared and can voice your displeasure (which you should, mind you) in a non-defensive way, We do get CatDog? Extra exciting!
Even then, its really cast a shadow over the game's prerelease. It's more difficult to get excited for all of the new stuff when at the back of your mind half of the last game's roster is probably gone. Again, this roster's shaping up to be more of a trade-off than an upgrade.

I'd rather they just tell us than leave us hanging. Keeping it secret isn't adding to healthy speculation, its only making people paranoid and upset.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Yeah uhh I don't see myself NOT playing Manny lol. His playstyle is literally designed for me. Interesting to see him and Raph be the rushdown glass cannon characters while approaching the archetype in pretty different ways.

Also, they gave him a Shine-esque move. A certain breakfast mascot in the last game also had a Shine-esque move. Hmmm.....

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Even then, its really cast a shadow over the game's prerelease. It's more difficult to get excited for all of the new stuff when at the back of your mind half of the last game's roster is probably gone. Again, this roster's shaping up to be more of a trade-off than an upgrade.

I'd rather they just tell us than leave us hanging. Keeping it secret isn't adding to healthy speculation, its only making people paranoid and upset.
Especially considering that they keep leaving the missing 11 veterans out of every single trailer (outside of NASB1 footage in the first one). And these are big names like Sandy, Lincoln, CatDog, Helga, and the other two turtles that are on the chopping block here.

dlewis53

Smash Lord
Called it!

Also, yeah, Tigre looks great, and I think he's officially toppled Squidward as my most-anticipated newcomer (out of the officially revealed ones).

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
newcomer has a move an MIA veteran has
"why are you talking about cuts?"
Was about to say this. I get that cut discussion can get annoying and see as pessimism, but when there's so many evidence it's hard to ignore them.

Besides, since the whole newcomers roster leak cut is the only thing we can speculate on. If you don't want to talk about them juste ignore the discussion or bring a new topic by yourself.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
I don't think the mentality behind giving Tigre shine has anything to do with PTM. They probably just thought it was good for his kit, and put it in. The characters are nothing alike in either character; source material; or function, so one can't be a substitute for another. The non-reflecting shine is as generic a move as a counter, and exists in almost every non-Smash platfighter, but nobody's saying Patrick's counter disconfirmed Helga.

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I don't think the mentality behind giving Tigre shine has anything to do with PTM. They probably just thought it was good for his kit, and put it in. The characters are nothing alike in either character; source material; or function, so one can't be a substitute for another. The non-reflecting shine is as generic a move as a counter, and exists in almost every non-Smash platfighter, but nobody's saying Patrick's counter disconfirmed Helga.
Fighting game sequels tend to give newcomers moves from cut vets regardless of how similar the two are. It's been a thing ever since Kitana inherited Sonya's Square Wave Punch in Mortal Kombat II.

dlewis53

Smash Lord
Was about to say this. I get that cut discussion can get annoying and see as pessimism, but when there's so many evidence it's hard to ignore them.

Besides, since the whole newcomers roster leak cut is the only thing we can speculate on. If you don't want to talk about them juste ignore the discussion or bring a new topic by yourself.
Except things like moves I wouldn't even call evidence. Especially the Raphael example considering it's a move that Mikey didn't even have in the first place, not to mention the Jimmy/Zim thing that was mentioned.

For all we know, these could just be minor coincidences.

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
I loved that little SMB2 reference, along with the Reptar coins representing SMW's dragon coins! This game looks surprisingly fun!

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
El Tigre looks fine. These days, I tend to gravitate more toward tactical, setplay-oriented characters than pure hyper offense, but I might bust him out from time to time.
I'm fairly certain we're losing Toastman now that Tigre's inherited shine. Say what you will about "conspiracy theories," but the evidence is lining up a little too conveniently for me. Pour one out for lowkey the best pick of NASB1, y'all.

Last edited:

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
El Tigre looks fine. These days, I tend to gravitate more toward tactical, setup-oriented characters than pure hyper offense, but I might bust him out from time to time.
I'm fairly certain we're losing Toastman now that Tigre's inherited shine. Say what you will about "conspiracy theories," but the evidence is lining up a little too conveniently for me. Pour one out for lowkey the best pick of NASB1, y'all.
I wouldn't say he was the best, but he was still a lot of fun to have around! If he really is cut, his absence will definitely be felt!

A toast to the Toast!

Last edited:
Top Bottom