• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl General Thread - All Star Brawl 2 Available Today!

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
As someone who never really cared about him, El tigre actually looks awesome! His animations are super good, the only thing that I find weird is what I assume is his taunt with him taking multiple poses but with no frame in between. And his stages looks awesome and the music is probably the best so far.

Seeing how they put way more effort in facial animations, I can't wait to see more of Ren & Stimpy in this game, hopefully they don't drop the ball this time.

Gorgonzales

Smash Ace
Just saw the El Tigre showcase. Cool character, looks like they did him justice.

Other than Ren going "WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU DON'T AGREE WITH ME??", I really hope they ease up on the cinematic finishers and have some transformation or AoE attacks mixed in there. I'm starting to worry that the cutscene ones will become a chore to sit through just like how they homogenized every Final Smash in Ultimate.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
At least three of the missing vets are very likely in. PapaGenos leaked Hugh's inclusion, Helga was herself leaked through datamining the website, and Lincoln has a stage (but that's only assuming that Stage Theory still exists).

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Just saw the El Tigre showcase. Cool character, looks like they did him justice.

Other than Ren going "WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU DON'T AGREE WITH ME??", I really hope they ease up on the cinematic finishers and have some transformation or AoE attacks mixed in there. I'm starting to worry that the cutscene ones will become a chore to sit through just like how they homogenized every Final Smash in Ultimate.
Install supers are disconfirmed by playtesters at the very least.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
El Tigre (and the new stage) looks awesome! Looks like a mix between Wolf and MvC Wolverine which is exactly what I wanted out of him.

Still pretty cool to see him come back after all this time, even if, uh... it felt like the universe REALLY didn't want it to be a surprise leading up to the announcement lmao.

YeppersPeppers

Smash Journeyman
As someone who never really cared about him, El tigre actually looks awesome! His animations are super good, the only thing that I find weird is what I assume is his taunt with him taking multiple poses but with no frame in between. And his stages looks awesome and the music is probably the best so far.

Seeing how they put way more effort in facial animations, I can't wait to see more of Ren & Stimpy in this game, hopefully they don't drop the ball this time.
I'm assuming that taunt with the multiple poses is inspired by Luigi's taunt in Smash where he does essentially the exact same thing, very few/no transition frames and all.

Last edited:

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
Stage Theory
Lets take a look at this:

Spongebob:
Jellyfish Fields: Spongebob
Flying Dutchman's Ship: Patrick
Fry Cook Games: Squidward
Chum Bucket: Plankton

Western Air Temple: Aang
Sun Warriors Shrine: Azula
Harmonic Convergence: Korra

TMNT:
Rooftop Rumble: April
Sewer Slam: Raphael
Technodrome: Donatello

The Loud House:
Loud Castle: ??? (No new Loud House newcomers in base game)
Royal Woods Cemetery: Lucy

Rugrats:
Reptar Ruins: Reptar

Zim:
Irken Armada: Zim

Jimmy Neutron:
Jimmy's Lab: Jimmy

El Tigre:
Miracle City Volcano: El Tigre

Ren and Stimpy:
Powdered Toast Trouble: Ren and Stimpy

Out of all of the stages we've seen, almost every single one has a character to fill it in, and so far no franchise has more stages than characters aside from The Loud House. No new Loud House reps were in the leaked key art, and Lincoln's fate is up in the air. We also have instances of series newcomers (like Squidward and Plankton) getting a stage each, and it seems that the amount of Spongebob Stages (assuming Glove World doesn't return, which would be a shame) matches the amount of characters.

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing

Spongebob:

TMNT:

The Loud House:

Rugrats:

Zim:

Jimmy Neutron:

El Tigre:
Not sure what the location is, but this is certainly his stage

Ren and Stimpy:

Out of all of the stages we've seen, almost every single one has a character to fill it in, and so far no franchise has more stages than characters aside from The Loud House. No new Loud House reps were in the leaked key art, and Lincoln's fate is up in the air. We also have instances of series newcomers (like Squidward and Plankton) getting a stage each, and it seems that the amount of Spongebob Stages (assuming Glove World doesn't return, which would be a shame) matches the amount of characters.
Hey Arnold really will end up making or breaking Stage Theory huh

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Quite a few of the stages this time around seem to be referencing specific episodes in comparison to the original game (which I'm not opposed to).

By far, Manny is my most exciting pick this time around. Totally underrated show, and his powerset is really cool.

I'm m sure I'm still going to love the game even with cuts, though I still think they need to keep them as minimal as possible. Like, no more than four or five total, in my opinion, is really acceptable (unless they're planning to do them as free post launch updates like Garfield and Shredder in the first game, though I don't see that as super likely).

I'd be most okay with Lincoln, Shredder, Sandy, Hugh, and Helga getting axed if they had to cut five, though I think the cuts are likely going to be Oblina, CatDog, PTM, and Shredder.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero

Spongebob:

TMNT:

The Loud House:

Rugrats:

Zim:

Jimmy Neutron:

El Tigre:
Not sure what the location is, but this is certainly his stage

Ren and Stimpy:

I'm wondering just what's up with Loud Castle if Lincoln doesn't get in.

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
I'm m sure I'm still going to love the game
Same, though it'll definitely have a slightly sour feeling/feel like something is missing, and it will not be a $50+ Day 1 buy for me if that many characters are gone.

Either way, we have examples of characters for a franchise outnumbering the franchise's stages (TMNT last game), but no examples of the stages outnumbering the characters.

Quite a few of the stages this time around seem to be referencing specific episodes in comparison to the original game (which I'm not opposed to).
I do hope they at least keep a few generalistic stages as well to balance things out. Not everything needs to be a very specific reference.

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Same, though it'll definitely have a slightly sour feeling/feel like something is missing, and it will not be a $50+ Day 1 buy for me if that many characters are gone.

Either way, we have examples of characters for a franchise outnumbering the franchise's stages (TMNT last game), but no examples of the stages outnumbering the characters.
I would be upset too if they cut that many characters.

Rioni

Smash Apprentice
Ayooo, El Tigre is finally here! While I never really watched the show growing up, I've always thought he was a neat character and considering he's already a fighter, he definitely blends in to this type of game perfectly. I think I'm gonna try him out.

As for the cuts, personally I'm not gonna worry about them much. Until we get the game or one of the devs shows us the full roster, we won't know for sure. Yeah, I'm aware about that key art leak but I don't believe that's all we gonna get 'til proven otherwise.

LimeTH

Smash Lord
You guys think we'll get an El Tigre showcase tomorrow or keep going with other characters and do Manny later like what kind of happened with Plankton?

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
El Tigre looks neat and all, but what has me interested is his stage. I've never even seen an episode of El Tigre, but it just looks incredible from a thematic and design standpoint. Can't wait to play on it!
the only thing that I find weird is what I assume is his taunt with him taking multiple poses but with no frame in between.
I assumed this is just something that happens in the show. Can anyone confirm?
You guys think we'll get an El Tigre showcase tomorrow or keep going with other characters and do Manny later like what kind of happened with Plankton?
Since we're well in the swing of showcases now, we'll probably get Manny's tomorrow.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
He may not be clickbaiting with SMASH KILLER?, but his other flavor of clickbait is back.

Sammerbro44

Smash Apprentice
Personally, I don't think it's this week. After all, when Plankton was officially revealed, we didn't get his showcase until the following week. I think that we're gonna be going back to the TMNT characters for the rest of this week.

dlewis53

Smash Lord
Apologies for how late this is (school stuff), but El Tigre honestly looks pretty damn cool!

They nailed transferring the show's design to a 3D model, and Tigre's already looking like a fun character to play as (particularly since he's described as a rushdown-centric glass cannon), though I'll wait until the showcase proper to judge!

I also love that they went with the volcano arena from "The Good, the Bad, and the Tigre"; I wasn't expecting that, and it looks awesome!

And of course, I'm happy to see an underrated show that I enjoyed get representation. I loved that about Oblina's inclusion in the first game, and I'm liking it here!

So yeah, overall I'm really excited for Tigre's appearance, and depending on what we learn in the showcase, he might end up toppling Squidward as my most-anticipated newcomer!*

*Out of the ones that have been officially unveiled

Also, I'm gonna say that we'll be getting Tigre's showcase tomorrow; it would be good to showcase what he's like in more detail after revealing him today, and there's a quote in the Nintendo Life article that was talking about him that sounds like it was taken straight out of his character showcase, so I'm gonna go ahead and say that we're getting his showcase tomorrow.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
So looking back at Plankton's showcase and references, it seems that his grab is a reference to the net gun that was used in the episode Sandy's rocket. But what's weird to me is that Plankton don't appear in the episode and never use that gun. Maybe I'm reading too far into it but since this is Sandy's invention, it seems that this type of move could have been easily her moves, which make me think that she could have been indeed cut.

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
So looking back at Plankton's showcase and references, it seems that his grab is a reference to the net gun that was used in the episode Sandy's rocket. But what's weird to me is that Plankton don't appear in the episode and never use that gun. Maybe I'm reading too far into it but since this is Sandy's invention, it seems that this type of move could have been easily her moves, which make me think that she could have been indeed cut.
Or something he'd steal and use on mr. krabs to take the secret formula

Top Bottom