• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl General Thread - All Star Brawl 2 Available Today!

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Honestly, I agree with the video title, the first game's complexity was fine. Turning the game into a platformer Guilty Gear will probably turn off a lot of people, given how centralizing the meter is.
From what playtesters are saying, 2 is slower, so it's not gonna be THAT overwhelming. Besides, casuals, if they even find out NASB2 is meant to appeal to them more than launch 1 could, can just spend the meter on supers and otherwise play the game like Smash.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
I put Neopets there Nick while they did not make a show for it, they DID promote it with their brand, back then you can find cards with the Neopets along with Monkey Quest and other Nick characters, Nick promoted Neopets with Monkey Quest toghether once in Comic Con, they even had a collab with a special Spongebob plush in the gameView attachment 375804
The fact that Nick owned Neopets at one point is mind-blowing. Had we had a Neopets rep, who do you all think would've been the best choice?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
The fact that Nick owned Neopets at one point is mind-blowing. Had we had a Neopets rep, who do you all think would've been the best choice?
Dr. Sloth, Queen Fyora, the Space Faerie, or King Altador would probably make the most sense from like, a lore perspective, but they could also do one of the more popular and notable pet species (Kacheek, Shoyru, Lupe, Uni, Kougra, Grundo, etc) and have a moveset using Battledome weaponry.

Baysha

Smash Ace
I know very little about Neopets and it's never gonna happen for various reasons but I feel Neopets rep would be an absolute banger.

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
From what playtesters are saying, 2 is slower, so it's not gonna be THAT overwhelming. Besides, casuals, if they even find out NASB2 is meant to appeal to them more than launch 1 could, can just spend the meter on supers and otherwise play the game like Smash.
Problem is, the game's playerbase may be as small as 1's within a month or two, meaning it's just gonna be tournament diehards and grinders.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Was browsing the Discord for playtester info, and found a post by Quick Gaming (QG) Quick Gaming (QG) with this screencap. The Wild Waterfall scene in the NASB 1 portion of the trailer is for certain beta and not accidental NASB 2 footage. (if the non-updated character models didn't make that clear)
1691590800609.png

Last edited:

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Problem is, the game's playerbase may be as small as 1's within a month or two, meaning it's just gonna be tournament diehards and grinders.
That's why I said "if they even find out NASB2 is meant to appeal to them more than launch 1 could".

If a game's playerbase was the only measurement to its longevity, Melee wouldn't still be at pro tournaments to this day.

Besides, it's the speculation and the money that really fuels a game to get another installment. The amount of players using it comes after that.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Because some people believe that we're only getting the characters that are on the leaked poster.
Some people think we're not getting anyone else beyond who's on the leaked art
This is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. Have they been paying attention to Smash Bros?

64: 6
Melee: 14
Brawl: 11
Wii U/3DS: 10/11
Ultimate: 19 (not counting the back of the art)

So does that means after 20 something years, we're getting only these amount of fighters?

Yeah.....no. They should start doing more research before jumping to conclusion

We don't know if there's any cuts yet. We don't know if anyone is being bumped to DLC (might be silly to do). So until the datamine shows anything, we're in the uncertain

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Besides, it's the speculation and the money that really fuels a game to get another installment. The amount of players using it comes after that.
If the game's playercount is as low as NASB1's right out of the gate, people won't buy it, resulting in them NOT getting the funds for NASB3/another DLC pass.

darkvortex

Smash Lord
This is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. Have they been paying attention to Smash Bros?

So does that means after 20 something years, we're getting only these amount of fighters?

We don't know if there's any cuts yet. We don't know if anyone is being bumped to DLC (might be silly to do). So until the datamine shows anything, we're in the uncertain
I.don't think all 11 are cut but I do think there will be some. I feel like they'd have just said otherwise

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion

The art that leaked isn't the boxart, it's a key art and the first Nasb key art had every base characters on it.

Also "doing some ressearch" on a completely unrelated franchise make no sense.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
With all the playtester info that's come out since the mechanics trailer, I am now a fully converted NASB 2 believer. This game is gonna be SO good, even if every veteran not seen is cut or whatever other caveat pops up - the meter looks so damn fun, supers are being handled perfectly, and I can't wait to learn more about the mechanics as I play. I even think the character reworks are OK now, since this is for all extents and purposes an INO sequel.

Last edited:

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Seeing this, it kind of makes me glad we only got 2 new shows in base NASB's roster, since all the remaining shows Ludosity and Nick would care about adding are all in the top row, with the possible exception of Glitch Techs. We'd be running out of new shows to add faster than you could say "Canceled during season 1"
Did they get the greenlight for Rock, Paper, Scissors?

Simplythe1

Smash Apprentice
Did they get the greenlight for Rock, Paper, Scissors?
Some of the show has already leaked, you can find the theme song online, along with some clips and episode summaries, honestly the show is pretty childish and I really don't see it survivng past 1 season, and Nick is totally not helping seeing how they keep delaying its premiere

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
in fairness garfield was taken off of garfield.com
i miss the garfield website
Some of the show has already leaked, you can find the theme song online, along with some clips and episode summaries, honestly the show is pretty childish and I really don't see it survivng past 1 season, and Nick is totally not helping seeing how they keep delaying its premiere
I see

Geoffrey Druyts

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1993-7715-4423
Switch FC
SW-6723-8387-1403
Looks like retail pre-orders are up:

Also, it looks like they added Lucy's picture to the site, not sure if this is something recent or not, as I haven't been looking at the site daily. Nigel's picture remains unused.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
Looks like retail pre-orders are up:

Also, it looks like they added Lucy's picture to the site, not sure if this is something recent or not, as I haven't been looking at the site daily. Nigel's picture remains unused.
I saw Lucy on the site a few days ago (last week).

dlewis53

Smash Lord
Just kind of a random thought, but do you guys think that the idea of Plankton piloting a robot with himself on top of the head was inspired by how he's playable in Super Brawl 2 (where he's mind-controlling a buff background fish)?

Last edited:

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
Just kind of a random thought, but do you guys think that the idea of Plankton piloting a robot with himself on top of the head was inspired by how he's playable in Super Brawl 2 (where he's mind-controlling a buff background fish)?
I think it’s more so just that they wanted to pick a vehicle for Plankton where everyone can easily and clearly tell it’s him even on large stages with the camera zoomed very far out such that Plankton himself is barely visible, and this particular mech from Sponge out of Water that looks like him works great for that, while still having him be visible when the camera is zoomed in.

Last edited:

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
I think that the mech from All star brawl 2 is much better than the one from Super brawl 2 because not only it's based on canon Spongebob, but it's also feels like you're playing Plankton in a way because the mech is based on his design. In Super brawl 2 it feels like you're playing as the background character more than Plankton and it's a very weird pick because it's not even accurate to something Plankton ever did (ironically this background character did get a robot form very recently in the episode Welcome to binary bottom).

This is why at first I wasn't very found of Plankton fighting on a mech. With Super brawl 2 it doesn't feel like you're playing as Plankton on a mech, it just feels like you're playing as the background character. If you would have put Plankton on Karen, it wouldn't have really felt like playing as Plankton with Karen, you would just control Karen. So I think having a Plankton shaped mech is a good idea.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Here's a document from the Grinders discord detailing all the playtester info

In particular, the tidbits that will be most relevant to this thread's mostly casual users.
  • character showcases will be about 2 minutes long and not cover every move to compensate for expanded roster and move sets
  • they will also be dropping soon
  • every character has 3 taunts
  • you won’t have to press jump to go through plats
  • landing lag and knockback systems are part of the 98% different from NASB1
  • most likely no install supers (transformations), as they must be hit to activate
  • EX strongs are a thing

Last edited:

PK-remling Fire

Smash Ace
Honestly I forgot that the design they used for the robot was actually from one of the movies.
Plankton_27s_tank_robot.png

I initially assumed that it was loosely based off this robot from one of the earlier episodes
download (9).jpeg

Top Bottom