• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl General Thread - All Star Brawl 2 Available Today!

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Confirmed racers so far

Shrek
Donkey
Fiona
Cat in Boots
Death (exclusive to digital deluxe version)
Po
Tigress
Master Shifu
Master Oogway (exclusive to digital deluxe version)
Hiccup
Astrid
Mr. Wolf
Megamind
Boss Baby

There are around 20 characters planned

The Trolls are in the game but not as racer. You equip them and they ride alongside the races and give items and such
Isn't Kitty Softpaws also confirmed?

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
This is really good news not only because this means a more polished game, but also because it shows that GameMill and Nickelodeon were probably really happy with the sales of the first game to give the dev a bit more freedom, which could also mean that the team might have a better time to deal with Nick and get the characters they want and do more original skins and stuff like that.
I think they were already getting more freedom with the DLC. I doubt the Nick that was acting like the company didn't give more ****s about Nigel/Oblina/PTM/Lucy/TMNT87 than Pig Goat Banana Cricket would allow Hugh to be playable, let alone with a move taken from Chun-Li.

And before anyone gets any ideas they wouldn't allow Jimmy either.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Miko's a great guess for that spot, I didn't think of that.
I remember that guy from NASBcord, he's probably biased because he loves Glitch Techs. Anyway...
It's an old Tweet, but what is FPL releasing this year if not NASB2?

Last edited:

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
NASB 2 releasing in 2024 just guarantees it'll be overshadowed all over again. Kinda annoying but whatever.
I mean, every year it would release it would get overshadow. We're getting a new Mario, Starfield and Spider Man 2 this year among others things, if anything chances are that next year is actually more calm in video game releases.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I mean, every year it would release it would get overshadow. We're getting a new Mario, Starfield and Spider Man 2 this year among others things, if anything chances are that next year is actually more calm in video game releases.
Fields is referring to how next year is when MVS gets released For Real This Time™.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
From what I gather it seems that MVS teams lost a lot of trust from the fanbase and unless there's some really huge changes I actually don't think the relaunch is going to be huge, while NASB seems to still have a very strong dedicated fanbase online.

I don't know maybe things will change when we will get closer and get more news on MVS relaunch but for now it doesn't seems to be a huge threat for NASB.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Looking at you Multiversus
Enough people realized MVS isn't the second coming of Christ just because it's a free-to-play platform fighter with voice acting, and NASB2 is gonna launch with voices, more content, and fan requests, what's there to worry about? other than mediocre gamemill marketing of cource

Fields - Ultimate's Great

Smash Journeyman
Those games aren't direct competition. 2023 was a dry year for platform fighters and would've had NASB 2 better stabilize. One of the most unvoiced ways NASB 1 got screwed over is the way it released with other big stuff happening, direct competition before NASB could get its footing. So many players wanted to play it more but couldn't because not a chance were they playing the blatant licensed game over Smash and MVS's new releases coming out on a similar date. Totally not silly to release NASB 2 between the massive and reworked Multiversus and Rivals of Aether 2.

I'm gonna go ahead and doubt MVS is going to be that much of a threat to NASB2. NASB2 at least has the advantage of being a sequel with a fresh start. MVS is still gonna be MVS, for better or worse.
Nah, it's a huge threat because Warner Bros actually cares unlike Nickelodeon. Warner will pay so many big streamers huge money to play it and expose MVS to the wider audience. It's a big event no matter what, marketing carries. They got Jerma to play it lmao. At the end of the day, there will potential eyes and attention lost, because that's exactly what happened to the first game. There were people that wanted to check out NASB 1's huge updates out of goodwill toward the game but couldn't.

Plus, that advantage isn't much of an advantage. Other games didn't need a sequel for the bare minimum, NASB having its redemption arc would be much easier without competition.

Last edited:

LimeTH

Smash Lord
I have a slight sinking feeling we're never seeing MVS again
Even if we do, it's a GAAS. Eventually, the servers and game itself will shut down and never be playable again.

NASB and NASB2 are finished games with physical copies and as long as there's working hardware, will always be playable.

MVS might beat it now, but NASB is playing the long con.

Fields - Ultimate's Great

Smash Journeyman
Even if we do, it's a GAAS. Eventually, the servers and game itself will shut down and never be playable again.

NASB and NASB2 are finished games with physical copies and as long as there's working hardware, will always be playable.

MVS might beat it now, but NASB is playing the long con.
Er, you do know that "long con" also features titans like Smash inevitably coming back into picture and numerous other wildcards like Disney potentially tapping into the market? NASB 2 won't disappear yeah but capitalizing on stuff would help the game more than hurt it, sure did for MVS lmao.

Last edited:

Torgo the Bear

Smash Lord
NNID
u2outofcontrol
Switch FC
SW-1209-7008-3905

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Enough people realized MVS isn't the second coming of Christ just because it's a free-to-play platform fighter with voice acting, and NASB2 is gonna launch with voices, more content, and fan requests, what's there to worry about? other than mediocre gamemill marketing of cource
I was just saying that since people did say or joke about it, but hopefully it doesn't.

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
I'll buy Dreamworks All Star Kart Racing day 1 no questions asked if they include these guysView attachment 375101
Felix would be the Garfield of the game of he makes it, Ruby feels like she'd be good for dreamworks' crossovers.
Jack Horner would be fun mostly because he'd be ruthless in a racing crossover and I wouldn't mind the el dorado characters in the game.

Also, no one's really talking about King Julian, it's sad.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Don’t really know Dreamworks besides Shrek and the Pinball FX tables, but if Ruby Gillman gets in I have a Kart Racing main.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
1690320420546.png

The base edition is $10 cheaper than NASB/NKR3's...wonder if a cheaper price would also be how NASB2 tries to redeem itself.

Also Dreamworks distributed Small Soldiers, are the soldiers being rendered in CG despite the movie mostly being live-action enough to count?

Top Bottom