• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl General Thread - All Star Brawl 2 Available Today!

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
Tbh I feel like
Camp Koral Spongebob could very easily be faked too. Squidard I'm not sure, either way I always thought that his chances were really high.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Hmm, interesting stuff.

Either this is some sort of elaborate reverse-ruse like when someone tried to false claim they faked the Unova starter evolutions back when they leaked (admittedly pretty unlikely), or, well, yeah. The obvious answer.

At least the rest seems to be real.

Firstly, not really relevant to the conversation, but I genuinely don't understand why people like Boba Fett when he is a slave trader, which is an objectively evil thing. The comparison to Jar Jar is that he's a comedic character and has roughly the same relevance to Hughs relationship in Jimmy Neutron, because he has more of a role than Boba does in the movie. I'm saying you were downplaying Hughs role a bit.

Second, you're free to want whoever you want but you literally cannot argue that if you want to sell something you need to market it, and for platform fighters dealing in pre-existing IP that means characters people recognize. As funny as Hugh is, when people mention Jimmy Neutron, they're more likely to recognize Jimmy, Carl, Sheen, and Cindy than Hugh. That's just an objective fact because they are the main characters. Weird picks aren't an inherently bad thing, but they should be sprinkled in as a rare thing while focusing on pleasing the largest demographic possible, which leads to sales, which leads to a more active community, and happy executives who are more likely to greenlight more content and sequels. I don't think you grasp how lucky we are to be even getting a sequel.

And though it should be obvious, pissing off your core demographic is always a bad idea. Making people confused and angry is never a good thing when you're trying to sell something, despite what trolls online will tell you.

And look, I get that you want the game you like to stay niche, but that is a self sabotaging move in a market that's so competitive. Like I said we are stupid lucky to be even getting a sequel, so avoiding the pitfall the first game did (trying to appeal to a small niche audience) is an important step in the right direction for getting more content, future sequels, and for getting those hardworking devs more work. You feel me?

Third, and I hesitate to bring this up as I don't like being associated with the website because it's awful, but clearly you didn't read posts about the game on reddit. Lots of people complain about the roster there. Same can be said in YouTube comments and other gaming websites. There's more people interested in the game than just people on this website. Hell, I know several people who actively chose to not buy the game because the roster didn't have enough of their favorite characters on it and have said that it seems "too focused on being weird and unexpected" than actually being a "Nickelodeon All-Star" game. No matter what the devs say about not taking the name seriously, the fact is it's called what it is and that name carries expectations of what is going to be in it.

In regards to Nigel, point taken, but there's plenty of material for both of the others that can make them work in a fighting game.
This is why I wanted the leaks to be real so bad. It showed that the devs learned their lesson and now focus on adding back some of the widely demanded and criticized exclusions. Including my most desired newcomers. These leaks are what gave me hope for the sequel and if they're all fake... well then **** me I guess, can't have **** in NASB.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
This is why I wanted the leaks to be real so bad. It showed that the devs learned their lesson and now focus on adding back some of the widely demanded and criticized exclusions. Including my most desired newcomers. These leaks are what gave me hope for the sequel and if they're all fake... well then ** me I guess, can't have ** in NASB.
The leaks aren't fake wholesale. Specifically this one was. The boxart leaks, as well as the other in game ones potentially, are still looking to be real.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Aren't the rumored leaks on the exact same stage as that Tigre mockup?
Yes, but the initial leaks from much earlier this year were posted months prior. So this one has no real bearing on the Squidward ones.

Not to mention the boxart leaks still have nothing at all to do with them.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Assuming this isn't some big-brain reverse psychology business, it's really interesting that this leak was convincing enough to fool Rep AND Jorge Gutierrez. Because of that, I'm convinced he's probably still coming, and even if not, they're probably penciling him in as the first post-launch character as we speak.

Last edited:
Assuming this isn't some big-brain reverse psychology business, it's really interesting that this leak was convincing enough to fool Rep AND Jorge Gutierrez. Because of that, I'm convinced he's probably still coming, and even if not, they're probably penciling him in as the first post-launch character as we speak.
If so, it'll be funny how the third of three "characters who were meant to be in the base game" have something to do with wildcats.

Garfield once fought off a panther in Garfield on the Town, Tiger Claw works for Shredder, and El Tigre's whole family lineage combs through the entire feline class.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
In other, less relevant news, The Patrick Star Show apparently turned my guy Bubble Bass into a cartoon reviewer who dresses like the Nostalgia Critic.

I maybe take back what I said about wanting this guy in the RTC thread a while back.

darkvortex

Smash Champion
In other, less relevant news, The Patrick Star Show apparently turned my guy Bubble Bass into a cartoon reviewer who dresses like the Nostalgia Critic.

I maybe take back what I said about wanting this guy in the RTC thread a while back.
He's also kind of a Vtuber

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord

Geoffrey Druyts

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1993-7715-4423
Switch FC
SW-6723-8387-1403

GameMill's producing a Dreamworks Kart Racer this year apparently, developed by Bamtang as well, most likely the last project they're working on this year

I should be disappointed but honestly this is the most hilarious turn of events and just means NASB 2 is getting more time to be developed
lmao the link got censored

Also, they're doing the same "pre-order to get 2 extra drivers" thing NKR3 did. Interesting.

GameMill's producing a Dreamworks Kart Racer this year apparently, developed by Bamtang as well, most likely the last project they're working on this year

I should be disappointed but honestly this is the most hilarious turn of events and just means NASB 2 is getting more time to be developed
This actually looks pretty cool, and if it's as polished as Nick Kart Racers 3, we may have another series to speculate.

Optimism speaking, but if this is what makes Skipper, Po, and B.O.B. more likely to get an invitation to All-Star Brawl? I may laugh at the serendipity.
Didn't Bamtang also do a Disney XD kart racer?

EDIT: Yeah, they did, same name and everything - and it even had Disney Junior characters, which is pretty rad.
I saw the roster for the Disney racer they made, and while I would have swapped The Chicken Squad for Big Hero 6, everyone else is who you'd expect for a 2019 Disney TVA racing game.

Mickey, Donald, Goofy, Minnie, Scrooge, and Launchpad are front and center. Five Descendants racers. Only the basics for Amphibia, TOH, and TGAMM, likely because they didn't anticipate big fanbases for them. Puppy Dog Pals and Mira, Royal Detective are present.

Clearly, it's both a product of its time and timeless simultaneously.
I really like how the Trolls appear to be an item or game mechanic rather than racers themselves, that's actually kinda clever
I mean, we all expected many Trolls characters in this game at this point. Making them an item/gimmick actually clears up the roster for other characters to join.

ivanlerma

Smash Champion

"Hello, I am nostalgia bass. I remember it so you don't have to"

LimeTH

Smash Lord
I mean, we all expected many Trolls characters in this game at this point. Making them an item/gimmick actually clears up the roster for other characters to join.
I feel like I should be annoyed that no matter who you play as, youre stuck with a Trolls character on your kart.

Also COME ON at making Wolf from Last Wish digital exclusive!

I feel like I should be annoyed that no matter who you play as, youre stuck with a Trolls character on your kart.

Also COME ON at making Wolf from Last Wish digital exclusive!
You can also think of it like a successor to Double Dash, if you want. And hey, maybe Wolf and Oogway would be DLC for the physical release if enough demand reaches them.
Quick! Spam the devs with solo Beaver propaganda!

For the best really. More time means a better game. Seems Nick and GameMill learned their lesson there.
Right on charges, but I'd also spam solo Hoek propaganda thanks to your Beavers case.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Optimism speaking, but if this is what makes Skipper, Po, and B.O.B. more likely to get an invitation to All-Star Brawl? I may laugh at the serendipity.
Depends on whether or not Madagascar/Kung-Fu Panda/Monsters vs. Aliens have content in the game. I only know it has KFP racers, and if they prioritized Megamind it'd shock me if Madagascar has nothing.

Funny thing about this is I don't have to update my belief that almost anything made after 2009 is impossible when the DW characters involved debuted in 2009 or earlier.

darkvortex

Smash Champion
Confirmed racers so far

Shrek
Donkey
Fiona
Cat in Boots
Kitty Softpaws
Death (exclusive to digital deluxe version)
Po
Tigress
Master Shifu
Master Oogway (exclusive to digital deluxe version)
Hiccup
Astrid
Mr. Wolf
Megamind
Boss Baby

There are around 20 characters planned

The Trolls are in the game but not as racer. You equip them and they ride alongside the races and give items and such

Last edited:

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
GameMill also announced a Troll platformer game which will also release this year DreamWorks Trolls Remix Rescue announced for PS5, Xbox Series, PS4, Xbox One, Switch, and PC - Gematsu

This means that GameMill is now publishing 5 games this year. Yeah NASB 2 will probably skip this year. Which could be good news, the first game had a development cycle of 18 months, if the sequel released in 2024 this means that it could have around 2 years and a half to 3 years depending of the release date and when exactly they started development.

This is really good news not only because this means a more polished game, but also because it shows that GameMill and Nickelodeon were probably really happy with the sales of the first game to give the dev a bit more freedom, which could also mean that the team might have a better time to deal with Nick and get the characters they want and do more original skins and stuff like that.

darkvortex

Smash Champion
Depends on whether or not Madagascar/Kung-Fu Panda/Monsters vs. Aliens have content in the game. I only know it has KFP racers, and if they prioritized Megamind it'd shock me if Madagascar has nothing.

Funny thing about this is I don't have to update my belief that almost anything made after 2009 is impossible when the DW characters involved debuted in 2009 or earlier.
There's a Madagascar track so I'd expect one or two characters

Top Bottom