• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl General Thread - All Star Brawl 2 Available Today!

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing

dlewis53

Smash Lord

So we've got some official renders for both CatDog and April! And while I like CatDog's, April's admittedly looks a bit...odd up close. But hey, I'll get used to it!

And after watching both trailers again, personally I think I'm a little more excited about CatDog considering I did watch their show as a kid (to where I was able to notice some neat references in their moveset so far), plus they look like a fun cartoony addition to the roster!

However, April also looks like a pretty neat fighter (she seems to have a reflector of some sort, and I definitely spotted her using her trademark camera at one point), and with all due respect to those pushing for Live-Action Dora, I GREATLY prefer April over her!

Also, not only do we have a CatDog stage that takes place outside the duo's house, but we also got to see more of the Korra Spirit World stage, as well as the Hey Arnold stage with the bus and what may possibly be a stage based on Omashu (considering I recognized the stone carts used to transport goods). Whether or not this implies a potential third Avatar fighter (when technically Aang and Korra haven't even been confirmed yet) is hard to say, so I'm not quite getting my hopes up yet.

Also also, I noticed that Lincoln at one point had some sort of superhero outfit on, so that seems to imply that there will be alternate costumes to some degree.

Finally, I noticed they used the exact same background song from the initial trailer for both reveals; seriously, if we don't get a full version of that song at some point, I'm gonna be disappointed because it's a pretty good headbanger!

Overall, this was a pretty good reveal! I just wish we didn't have to wait until literally the very end of the show in order to get to it!

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
I can't tell if it's specifically Omashu from the location; Omashu's signature mail slides aren't really there so it could be a district in Ba Sing Se; but either way, Cabbage Man's cart is in the background and that's incredible.

I think it's safe to say we got TOPH bois

It still could be Zuko. They did choose a bit of a weird stage for Sandy's home stage and the same for April. But yeah, seems like rn Avatar is getting a third character.

And yes, that does seem to be Omashu. The cabbage merchant stands and the rooftops and the background give it away. The background in particular is just not Ba Sing Se.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero

So we've got some official renders for both CatDog and April! And while I like CatDog's, April's admittedly looks a bit...odd up close. But hey, I'll get used to it!

And after watching both trailers again, personally I think I'm a little more excited about CatDog considering I did watch their show as a kid (to where I was able to notice some neat references in their moveset so far), plus they look like a fun cartoony addition to the roster!

However, April also looks like a pretty neat fighter (she seems to have a reflector of some sort, and I definitely spotted her using her trademark camera at one point), and with all due respect to those pushing for Live-Action Dora, I GREATLY prefer April over her!

Also, not only do we have a CatDog stage that takes place outside the duo's house, but we also got to see more of the Korra Spirit World stage, as well as the Hey Arnold stage with the bus and what may possibly be a stage based on Omashu (considering I recognized the stone carts used to transport goods). Whether or not this implies a potential third Avatar fighter (when technically Aang and Korra haven't even been confirmed yet) is hard to say, so I'm not quite getting my hopes up yet.

Also also, I noticed that Lincoln at one point had some sort of superhero outfit on, so that seems to imply that there will be alternate costumes to some degree.

Finally, I noticed they used the exact same background song from the initial trailer for both reveals; seriously, if we don't get a full version of that song at some point, I'm gonna be disappointed because it's a pretty good headbanger!

Overall, this was a pretty good reveal! I just wish we didn't have to wait until literally the very end of the show in order to get to it!
The superhero outfit he has is his up special recovery

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
Waiting for their box renders to release so that someone can upload them on the box art.
I'd like to see who's left on the box that we HAVENT pretty much figured out

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend

dlewis53

Smash Lord
View attachment 327869
glad he confirmed cause I already saw people doubting it
I'm glad he did that too, because at the back of my mind I was thinking, "Man, even if April WAS confirmed, people would still be like, 'Well that doesn't really mean anything; "Leg Girl" could still be Live-Action Dora!'"

So I'm glad they're nipping this in the bud and saying, "Yes, April is indeed "Leg Girl"."

Flyboy

Smash Hero
I'm super happy about April because I LOVE 80s TMNT, but at first I wasn't super on board...until they showed her moveset and how funny it was, with her holding the mic out like she's conducting an interview or running with the Channel 6 handheld camera like she's on the scene. Really creative stuff.

CatDog looks great too, they have such a strange and fun cartoony moveset. The part with Buff Cat was great, and I have to rewatch the trailer but the part where they're sliding around on the couch intrigues me.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
For a minute there, I was worried they were using exact words in regards to "two characters" with Catdog.

Real talk though, this reveal makes up for having to wait next year to play Shredder's Revenge.

April O'Neil fans eating well these past two days.
Yeah, being announced in two games a day ahead of each other is some goddamn rare synergy.

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord
both of them look like so much fun, and I'm almost positive nobody guessed this combination of characters. So, this leaves 6 spots left, 3/4 of which could potentially be taken (and if stage theory is to be believed, maybe 4/5)

thoughts?

Shadowvegeta

Smash Cadet
Looks like you can switch between Cat or Dog. Also when Lincoln gets hit by Cat his costume disappears so it just part of his move set

Last edited:

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Oh great. Less slots for Rocko.
Rocko is legit the safest choice rn outside of the box characters and the third avatar character. He is 100% happening. That means however we only would have one more slot left it seems for base ga.e
Don't understand why they had to be two separate trailers though.
It is clear that Gamemill did not anticipate this much hype. My guess is they were going to drip feed these throughout the last month before launch, but had to get one for Gamescom because of the huge hype this game got.

both of them look like so much fun, and I'm almost positive nobody guessed this combination of characters. So, this leaves 6 spots left, 3/4 of which could potentially be taken (and if stage theory is to be believed, maybe 4/5)

thoughts?
Ren and Stimpy are probably a duo, given how out there Catdog is. With Aang, Korra, and our mystery third avatar character, we now have 2 slots left. One of which I am almost certain is Rocko given everyone else in.

In terms of last, my shot in the dark is Jenny just due to that one badmitton tweet from a while back from the devs. If not her, idk. That's my wildcard spot.

RN my roster is Aang, Korra, Toph, Ren and Stimpy, Rocko, and Jenny.

Edit: Nevermind, Toph is in the background for Omashu, looks like it will be Zuko.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

thoughts?
If we get DLC it'll probably be announced a few days up to a month after the game's release, depending on how much Ludosity got to do and what resources they have to work with (and whether Nick aren't too stuffy to allow it at all).

In the meantime, there's only three/four characters left unexposed on the box art, and it's blatantly obvious who they are. The rest are not on the box.

Last edited:

7NATOR

Smash Master
Catdog's Jab having Cat chock Dog is very funny

Also April does add more credence to Stage theory, and people who thought the Kicking girl was Dora (Including me) took the L on this one. At least the mystery is finally solved though. Personally though I did start leaning toward the notion of the Girl being April, especially after the Shredder's Revenge trailer

I also have to speculate that April was probably one of the characters Nick Intially refused on. April getting in over Both Raph and Donnie, an even Shredder is a very weird decision I don't think Nick was down for at first

Avatar is looking to get a 3rd character as people have noticed. I think they might also be saving a whole Avatar Reveal for the 3 characters. Since the stage seems to be Omashu, which is a Earth Based Region, it does lead towards it being Toph, though it could still be any character seems some of the perceived home stages (Like Flying Dutchman with Sandy) don't relate the most

With all that being said, that only leaves 2 Spots left for seemingly 2 new franchises to be in, and that's also if Ren and Stimpy are Duo Characters. I think Speculation is gonna get tough from here on out

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord
1630018648830.png

an interview just dropped that hard deconfirms live action characters. and with leg girl not being Dora, it's probably safe to rule out Nick Jr characters as well. Just Nicktoons this time

1630018757278.png

this article also confirms they had to fight to include Powdered Toast Man on top of Nigel and Lucy

1630018855031.png

the last major takeaway is that the control scheme of this game will be a bit different, should be interesting

here's the link: https://www.gamesradar.com/nickelod...ster-straight-out-of-your-childhood-memories/

Sammerbro44

Smash Apprentice
From watching the trailer again, there's a part where Catdog unleashes a a neutral air against Lucy and Danny. However, Danny got launched a lot farther than Lucy did.

Maybe that is what Catdog's main gimmick will be. Cat deals less damage, but his attacks can combo better, and Dog's attacks are more powerful but don't leave much room for followups. Kind of like Pyra/Mythra except they are literally attached at the hip lol.

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
"The live action shows didn't air in Sweden"
Yep.
Quote from the article Quick Gaming sent

But when it comes to the live-action characters, well, don't hold your breath. Not only is the Ludosity team relatively unaware of Nickelodeon's spate of live-action shows ("they haven't aired in Sweden," says Nyström), but the team feels like they may not be the right fit. There goes my hopes and dreams of playing Ariana Grande in another video game...”

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Rocko is legit the safest choice rn outside of the box characters and the third avatar character. He is 100% happening. That means however we only would have one more slot left it seems for base ga.e
Gonna be snapping this in time when Rocko's not confirmed in the base game at all later... :101:

I kid, I kid. Though I'm not sure either if we'll see him with how little we have to go for aside from our biased views of needing him to be in the base roster. I'm personally looking most forward to him, but am keeping my expectations currently pretty low with the current situation.

CatDog look really damn swell though. Especially Dog with getting to be swoll and that cute detail of Cat strangling him as one of his attacks. :awesome:

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
View attachment 327871

an interview just dropped that hard deconfirms live action characters. and with leg girl not being Dora, it's probably safe to rule out Nick Jr characters as well. Just Nicktoons this time

View attachment 327872

this article also confirms they had to fight to include Powdered Toast Man on top of Nigel and Lucy

View attachment 327874

the last major takeaway is that the control scheme of this game will be a bit different, should be interesting

here's the link: https://www.gamesradar.com/nickelod...ster-straight-out-of-your-childhood-memories/
Yeah, it was obvious. Actor likenesses would get in the way anyways, so that'll narrow things down considerably.

Also, more confirmation that Nick is out of touch if even their older properties need convincing for non-title characters to get in.

HARBlNGER

Smash Apprentice
Waiting for their box renders to release so that someone can upload them on the box art.
I'd like to see who's left on the box that we HAVENT pretty much figured out
I was trying to finish this sketch of April before the new trailer dropped but I guess I'll post it to give an idea of how it lines up with the box art silhouette. After seeing Leo on the box art and the shape of April's hair at the top of her head (among little other details) I was more open to the idea that leg girl really was April.

Screen Shot 2021-08-26 at 5.49.36 PM.png

I still would've preferred Donnie and Raph first before getting April but hey, I'm always down for classic April. Plus I can't be mad when you consider what they said about how they're choosing fighters for the roster. I'll just have to wait and see what if we get the other two turtles as DLC in the future.

Last edited:

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord
Yeah, it was obvious. Actor likenesses would get in the way anyways, so that'll narrow things down considerably.

Also, more confirmation that Nick is out of touch if even their older properties need convincing for non-title characters to get in.
interesting that they don't mention April was a tough sell or anything though. Cause I mean it seems all but confirmed at this point that we're getting 3 TMNT reps, so it's interesting that they were apparently fine with April in favor of Donnie and/or Raph?

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Gonna be snapping this in time when Rocko's not confirmed in the base game at all later... :101:

I kid, I kid. Though I'm not sure either if we'll see him with how little we have to go for aside from our biased views of needing him to be in the base roster. I'm personally looking most forward to him, but am keeping my expectations currently pretty low with the current situation.

CatDog look really damn swell though. Especially Dog with getting to be swoll and that cute detail of Cat strangling him as one of his attacks. :awesome:
Just pray to the Nordic gods that the game's unexpectedly swell reception will eventually result in DLC greenlighting. :sakuraipower:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Just pray to the Nordic gods that the game's unexpectedly swell reception will eventually result in DLC greenlighting. :sakuraipower:
Pretty sure the game's currently far-out reaching has come to resemble Smash's hype trains, shoe-inning the DLC greenlighting possibilities seamlessly in my eyes. :4pacman:

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
interesting that they don't mention April was a tough sell or anything though. Cause I mean it seems all but confirmed at this point that we're getting 3 TMNT reps, so it's interesting that they were apparently fine with April in favor of Donnie and/or Raph?
I guess that TMNT is so huge of a name in terms of brand recognition that they're not that difficult about it, aside from preferring the 2012 iteration for this.

Top Bottom