• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl General Thread - All Star Brawl 2 Available Today!

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Fun Fact: I've heard Aaahh!!! Real Monsters was actually very popular in Sweden
That would not surprise me. AFAIK it's a pretty common occurance for shows that didn't last long in their home country to get major popularity overseas. I've heard Back at the Barnyard is pretty big in Isreal, and popularity in foreign countries is what got all the Ice Age sequels greenlit, as well as the 2D-CGI hybrid Top Cat movies.

Last edited:

dlewis53

Smash Lord
both of them look like so much fun, and I'm almost positive nobody guessed this combination of characters. So, this leaves 6 spots left, 3/4 of which could potentially be taken (and if stage theory is to be believed, maybe 4/5)

thoughts?
Let's see, well again I'm sticking to Ren & Stimpy taking up one slot on the roster, so if we're to believe what the teaser might've been implying about there being 22 characters total, and with CatDog and April bringing the official roster up to 16 now, I'm guessing the remaining roster will be:

"Box Leak" Fighters:
Ren & Stimpy
Aang
Korra

Remaining Fighters:
Well, the existence of Omashu suggests the possibility of a third Avatar rep, but a part of me is still somewhat skeptical of what is essentially "Stage Theory", so for now it's just a maybe; nothing concrete.

Other than that, frankly I'm keeping my fingers crossed for Jenny; she's the only character left that I REALLY want in (assuming Aang is indeed in and just hasn't been confirmed yet).

And as for that last fighter? Well, some here have thrown Rocko out, and he did appear in Nickelodeon Kart Racers 2, so I guess that's certainly a possibility.

So I guess my final remaining roster would be:

Ren & Stimpy
Aang
Korra
Jenny
Rocko
Some 3rd Avatar character

If we get DLC it'll probably be announced a few days up to a month after the game's release, depending on how much Ludosity got to do and what resources they have to work with (and whether Nick aren't too stuffy to allow it at all).

In the meantime, there's only three/four characters left unexposed on the box art, and it's blatantly obvious who they are. The rest are not on the box.
I imagine whether or not the game gets DLC might come down to how well it performs sales-wise.

Which is why I plan on pre-ordering the game this weekend!

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
If DLC is going to happen Donnie and Raph are very likely to show up in that capacity if they're not base game.

Anyhow, I'm leaning towards these 6 predictions

Ren & Stimpy (one fighter)
Aang
Korra
Jenny
Rocko
Wild Card (It COULD be a 3rd Avatar character, but if not, maybe someone else like El Tigre, Timmy, Jimmy, or the Angry Beavers)

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Ok so in April's trailer, she showes not one, but two different attacks that would both reflect projectiles, Spongebob's bubble and Danny'z eye blast, I doubt April just randomly has 2 reflects for a normal and a special and I considered the possibility of bubble being able to be smacked back, but eye blast shouldn't have Gordo properties, my guess is that reflecting is a universal mechanic, Mikwy also gets hit by a pizza in CatDog's trailer which is more evidence to support this

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Hate to burst any bubbles for Jenny fans, but "badminton" might be related to Catdog. Taken from the Catdog wiki, on the page "Eddie the Squirrel"

" He is an annoying talkative squirrel with little red pieces of paper taped to the side of his head to look like red sideburns in hopes to be more like Cliff. He is always bruised up from getting punched, and from being used as a birdie in badminton or a football. He wants to be an official Greaser very badly, but sadly lacks their number one requirement: being a dog. "

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Hate to burst any bubbles for Jenny fans, but "badminton" might be related to Catdog. Taken from the Catdog wiki, on the page "Eddie the Squirrel"

" He is an annoying talkative squirrel with little red pieces of paper taped to the side of his head to look like red sideburns in hopes to be more like Cliff. He is always bruised up from getting punched, and from being used as a birdie in badminton or a football. He wants to be an official Greaser very badly, but sadly lacks their number one requirement: being a dog. "
Is this from that 4chan post claiming to have codenames? Cause I remember it not having Sandy's codename

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
Ok so in April's trailer, she showes not one, but two different attacks that would both reflect projectiles, Spongebob's bubble and Danny'z eye blast, I doubt April just randomly has 2 reflects for a normal and a special and I considered the possibility of bubble being able to be smacked back, but eye blast shouldn't have Gordo properties, my guess is that reflecting is a universal mechanic, Mikwy also gets hit by a pizza in CatDog's trailer which is more evidence to support this
Kinda like how in Rivals of Aether you can reflect any projectile no matter who you're playing if you time your shielding perfectly.

Additionally, I think April may have a counter, in her trailer as she poses, CatDog hits her, and she strikes back.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Kinda like how in Rivals of Aether you can reflect any projectile no matter who you're playing if you time your shielding perfectly.

Additionally, I think April may have a counter, in her trailer as she poses, CatDog hits her, and she strikes back.
At this point I'm certain universal counters are the replacements for shields.

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord
hey guys quick question, didn't one of the devs make a comment about the Avatar stage when it was first shown off? Could've swore it did but I don't remember who or when it was, if it even happened

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Which attack? Cause I think you mean where she thrusts the mic in their faces but that's not a counter, might be armour or old footage ****ery as CatDog nair missed Danny at point plank in a shot too. Speaking of, Danny has Fox's up smash and up air

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
Which attack? Cause I think you mean where she thrusts the mic in their faces but that's not a counter, might be armour or old footage ****ery as CatDog nair missed Danny at point plank in a shot too. Speaking of, Danny has Fox's up smash and up air
Ah right, I never specified, I apologize.

I was referring to this attack:

0:19
on the Legend of Korra stage. She appears to be holding some weird *** stick with three pink stars. She gets into position holding it, Catdog, hits her, and she counters back, sending them flying.

Either that or, longshot, she's got a super armour smash attack.

Last edited:

amageish

Smash Master
Hi. I haven't posted in this thread before, but I've been excited for this game like everyone has been and things are looking quite neat!

View attachment 327871

an interview just dropped that hard deconfirms live action characters. and with leg girl not being Dora, it's probably safe to rule out Nick Jr characters as well. Just Nicktoons this time
Nice to have a definitive stance on live-action characters being out of the running. Definitely would open up a new avenue, for better and for worse.

That said, I wouldn't rule out Nick Jr personally, especially because IGN got to announce the game and they listed the games "Franchises" as "Nickelodeon / Nick Jr," but also it seems like slots are low, so maybe there's some form of NPC representation for Nick Jr we haven't seen yet that won't involve beating the crap out of Blue. I'm not that up-to-date on the Dev Discord stuff though, so someone please let me know if the devs have said IGN made a mistake with that listing...

I'm not sure who I predict for the last 2 fully-unknown slots, but I am both hoping for and thinking it is quite plausible that Toph is the remaining Avatar spot. I know the "home stages" pattern hasn't been perfect by any means, but there is a TMNT stage with the Channel 6 building for April, so Toph being in the Earth Kingdom would make sense to me.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Ah right, I never specified, I apologize.

I was referring to this attack:

0:19
on the Legend of Korra stage. She appears to be holding some weird *** stick with three pink stars. She gets into position holding it, Catdog, hits her, and she counters back, sending them flying.

Either that or, longshot, she's got a super armour smash attack.
It's the same animation but I didn't see stars on the other so either she can charge it or it's also a counter, we know Helga has one too

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord
Hi. I haven't posted in this thread before, but I've been excited for this game like everyone has been and things are looking quite neat!

Nice to have a definitive stance on live-action characters being out of the running. Definitely would open up a new avenue, for better and for worse.

That said, I wouldn't rule out Nick Jr personally, especially because IGN got to announce the game and they listed the games "Franchises" as "Nickelodeon / Nick Jr," but also it seems like slots are low, so maybe there's some form of NPC representation for Nick Jr we haven't seen yet that won't involve beating the crap out of Blue. I'm not that up-to-date on the Dev Discord stuff though, so someone please let me know if the devs have said IGN made a mistake with that listing...

I'm not sure who I predict for the last 2 fully-unknown slots, but I am both hoping for and thinking it is quite plausible that Toph is the remaining Avatar spot. I know the "home stages" pattern hasn't been perfect by any means, but there is a TMNT stage with the Channel 6 building for April, so Toph being in the Earth Kingdom would make sense to me.
the devs actually didn't need to confirm that the IGN thing was a mistake, IGN listed Nickelodeon Kart Racers 2 with the same "Nickelodeon/Nick Jr" thing and it featured zero Nick Jr content. It's just IGN being IGN

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord
Have we considered the possibility that the Air Temple and Omashu stages are in one traveling stage that takes place in four different arenas based on the four nations? Kinda like Skyloft or the F-Zero stages in Smash.
saw someone propose that, which is why I was asking about if anyone remembered a dev comment about the Avatar stage cause I could've swore they did at some point

also https://discord.gg/nasb

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
At the same time the game is rated E10+ ( and presumably similar equivalents in other regions like PEGI 7+), which is too old for Nick Jr.'s target audience. Granted, they're taking adults who want to play this game into consideration, but still, at least they're not too young for fighting games. The content ratings Dora and the Lost City of Gold got are closer to E10/7+ than the content ratings of the actual show, hence speculation regarding LA Dora over the cartoon Dora.

Last edited:

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
Though it was expected because of the box art ,But I'm still really hyped to see "CatDog" officially get revealed as it was my one of my favorite 90's Nicktoons growing up next to "Spongebob" and "Rocko's Modern Life".

"CatDog" alone far and away already absolutely blows the entirety of "Smash Fighter Pass 2" out of the water for me personally, If Nintendo ain't gonna give me another "Cereal Mascot" after 2 years well then Viacom/Nickelodeon is gonna have me covered.

Last edited:

dlewis53

Smash Lord
For a minute there, I was worried they were using exact words in regards to "two characters" with Catdog.
Funny story, I was actually beginning to think the exact same thing up until April's trailer actually started up.

From watching the trailer again, there's a part where Catdog unleashes a a neutral air against Lucy and Danny. However, Danny got launched a lot farther than Lucy did.

Maybe that is what Catdog's main gimmick will be. Cat deals less damage, but his attacks can combo better, and Dog's attacks are more powerful but don't leave much room for followups. Kind of like Pyra/Mythra except they are literally attached at the hip lol.
That's certainly a possibility, especially considering there was a point in the trailer where Cat was seen using the Golden Hydrant attack, but then later on Dog was seen using that exact same attack as well. So it's possible the duo has some sort of stance/switching mechanic involving whoever's in front.

...Of course, it's also possible that it's simply a case of Danny having a lot more damage percentage at that time compared to Lucy.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I'm super happy about April because I LOVE 80s TMNT, but at first I wasn't super on board...until they showed her moveset and how funny it was, with her holding the mic out like she's conducting an interview or running with the Channel 6 handheld camera like she's on the scene. Really creative stuff.

CatDog looks great too, they have such a strange and fun cartoony moveset. The part with Buff Cat was great, and I have to rewatch the trailer but the part where they're sliding around on the couch intrigues me.
Her moveset in Shredder's Revenge is even funnier, since she cribs from Street Fighter in that.

What a scoop indeed. I can only imagine how Merso X would react to seeing this.

Last edited:

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Pretty happy with the reveals. Catdog isn't too surprising since they were obviously on the boxart but it's still cool to see them. I wonder if they have some kind of stance change mechanic with them being, y'know... two characters in one. I can't imagine how cross ups will work against them lmao.

April is a pleasant surprise, she's been getting a lot of attention this week which is fine by me. Kinda surreal that I can play as her and Reptar in the same fighting game lmao. A bit weird that the other Turtles/Shredder are gonna sit this one out since they're rarely separated, but I assume they'll be prime picks for DLC if that ends up happening.

Also if that Avatar stage means Toph has a shot then I'm pretty ****ing stoked. She seems like such a DLC pick, but I'll be more than happy to play as my favorite Avatar character at launch. The travelling stage theory sounds pretty plausible though.

DeviousFish

Smash Apprentice
i have a guess that we will get two reveals at a time. So 2 reveals being early to mid setemper and 2 others in late setemper. And the final 2 are revealed a few days before the game is ready to play.

dlewis53

Smash Lord

...I don't know, I feel like that's a bit of a stretch, especially since I don't recall CatDog specifically doing that to him on the show, not to mention I don't recall that being referenced in the reveal trailer (either as part of CatDog's moveset or as a background element for their stage).

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord

you'll have to join the server to see it but here's 2 seconds of some very smooth looking (and fast looking) gameplay

The best part? A dev confirmed it's from an older build (granted they said that functionally the game is mostly similar but that visually it'll look better than what's being shown here)

I can't wait

Top Bottom