• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl General Thread - All Star Brawl 2 Available Today!

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
...I don't know, I feel like that's a bit of a stretch, especially since I don't recall CatDog specifically doing that to him on the show, not to mention I don't recall that being referenced in the reveal trailer (either as part of CatDog's moveset or as a background element for their stage).
Who says they were using it in their moveset? It's obvious the guys have to watch the cartoons to get material for moveset. They might have ended up watching that episode.

dlewis53

Smash Lord
a dev shared it in the official Discord, I recommend joining. https://discord.gg/nasb Also he just made this comment, probably doesn't deconfirm anyone but it's worth sharing

View attachment 327918
View attachment 327919
now this is interesting, but I'm about 90% certain he's referring to Aang since they've had to be tightlipped about any non-officially confirmed boxart charactes
So there's not gonna be anyone like Yoshi, Peach, or Jigglypuff? Alright then.

Also, Aang being among the closest to being "floaty" would make sense considering that he's primarily an Air Bender; I always imagined that particular fighting style would be very floaty compared to bending the other three elements.

dlewis53

Smash Lord
Who says they were using it in their moveset? It's obvious the guys have to watch the cartoons to get material for moveset. They might have ended up watching that episode.
...And they also would've seen Jenny performing an act of badminton every time they saw that show's opening (assuming MLAATR was one of the shows they did research on).

I guess my point is that their badminton comment could've been referring to CatDog, but it also could've been referring to My Life as a Teenage Robot.

Dan Quixote

Smash Lord
If the roster size is really set in stone already, then they probably aren't going to be adding any more TMNT characters after this except maybe through DLC. That makes me wonder why they picked the two they did. Think it was just for more unique movesets or something?

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
The roster size is really set in stone already, then they probably aren't going to be adding any more TMNT characters after this except maybe through DLC. That makes me wonder why they picked the two they did. Think it was just for more unique movesets or something?
Leo's the leader (pre-Rise) and Mikey's the merchandisable "party dude", seems like a pretty obvious half.

EDIT:
3526F26C-A760-4628-872D-91D03313E73D.jpeg

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Trying to figure out where the PEGI rating came from right now.

Either way... DLC speculation time!
In terms of DLC, I'm pretty confident in Jenny and Garfield.

I could see Jimmy and Hugh being a two-for-the-price-of-one DLC pack - no way they wouldn't at least acknowledge the prospect of Hugh. A Jimmy-Timmy Power Hour pack also seems feasible, but Jimmy and Timmy don't inherently go together like Hugh does with Jimmy, and those dreaded Oaxis royalties may force Timmy out of a twofer.

Last edited:

Sammerbro44

Smash Apprentice
I don't know about the rest of you, but I really like the approach they're using of revealing characters in pairs. Specifically, they are revealing one character from the box art that we knew about; alongside one character that we weren't fully confident on their chances.

Since there are currently 6 remaining slots and we fully know at least half of them (assuming Ren & Stimpy are 2 characters that share a slot), I'd like to see this become a pattern for the rest of the reveals.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Trying to figure out where the PEGI rating came from right now.
Looks like a Steam page.

I knew from the start that Hugh would have to wait for DLC. Unless Ludosity always thought ducks and pie were more interesting than Jimmy's gadgets in the first place, the demand would've come too late.

FreeFox

Smash Lord
so i found their codenames. April's is ''reporter and catdog's is ''chimera''. Anyone know what catdogs codename refers too?
Its basically the merge of two beings. It works for even same species.
Fun fact: There exists a term that exists called "human chimera". Basically someone who looks like one person but has two different DNAs making up his body. This phenomenon allows people to have different blood types in one body. Or even make someone appear as if they arent the parent of a child.

TheBrainJem

Smash Hero
NNID
TheBrainJem
I am really happy with the choices so far, but seeing from what we know the roster only has about 6 more reveals left till it's full (unless there are secret unlockable characters that aren't being mentioned), I do hope this game is successful so that there's a chance to get even more characters as dlc, cus I know for sure some fan favorites like Garfield and El Tigre, or personal favorites and out there picks like Otis from Barnyard or Fanboy& Chum Chum, and Hugh Neutron are gonna likely miss base roster.

It's probably a bit early to talk about dlc but I guess it's just the hope that this game is successful and has the opportunity to grow and expand, last thing I would want is this to go the route of Marvel vs Capcom Infinite where they had some plans for the future and dlc but gave up cus the game flopped and was poorly done and recieved.

Btw, do y'all think he's got a chance?
rango-2009-1080p-brrip-x264-yify-mp4_005740651.jpg

Last edited:

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
The only character I feel like is basically a lock that is not confirmed to be brutally honest is Rocko. Rocko just makes too much sense. Gamemill and Ludosity are pushing 90s and 80s nostalgia hard. When we have 80s Turtles and April and AAH Real Monsters content, you know we will get Rocko in as well. Honestly I would say he is the single safest bet right now outside of a third Avatar rep, where its a shootout between Toph and Zuko.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
In regards to any other Butch Hartman characters, I could see those as DLC, seeing as one of the big three of his properties is already in. Any Fairly Oddparents characters would be the hardest to get, so I could see them go after TUFF Puppy's Kitty first.

Assuming Jenny isn't already on the base roster.
This, really. There aren't many things "badminton" would refer to, and she's among those that are a natural fit for a fighting game.

I can post the photo itself
Thank you.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
The codenames for CatDog & April O'Neil are chimera & reporter respectively.

Still don't know what Sandy Cheek's is.

Raph and Donnie better at least be DLC inclusions in this game or I'll never forgive the devs! :( No reason not to include them, especially when they'd be unique I better not get some bull**** where they completely get skipped over again. They're loved and aren't too niche.

In regards to any other Butch Hartman characters, I could see those as DLC, seeing as one of the big three of his properties is already in. Any Fairly Oddparents characters would be the hardest to get, so I could see them go after TUFF Puppy's Kitty first.

This, really. There aren't many things "badminton" would refer to, and she's among those that are a natural fit for a fighting game.

Thank you.
Honestly, I highly doubt Tuff Puppy is getting anything substantial. it was one of those weird 2000s shows that got left behind... Like, REALLY left behind. Worse than Fanboy and Chum Chum I'd argue as there's more people talking about that.

Top Bottom