• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl General Thread - All Star Brawl 2 Available Today!

darkvortex

Smash Lord
I think that they're gonna be two Gertie-tier picks and two cut veterans, particularly two that the community doesn't want to see back.
you really gotta stop being so down, my man

i wouldn't actually see gertie style picks as a bad thing though

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
you really gotta stop being so down, my man

i wouldn't actually see gertie style picks as a bad thing though
That's what I think they meant by "mediocre". Just a bunch of characters nobody asked for and none of the big hitters like Timmy, Otis, Zuko, etc.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I mean mediocre could just mean "safe". We literally cannot ascertain anything from this
They wouldn't call a DLC pass with characters like Timmy, Otis, or Zuko mediocre because the fanbase would think that's great and get excited over.

Faso115

Smash Lord
Mediocre could be either 2 vets and 2 guys from current shows or just someone who doesn't care for 90s shows. Its like the most generic term possible to describe the DLC pass.

Speaking of which, i don't see this game going beyond a second pass with probably 8 characters in total for DLC. At best, we are getting 4 of the 11 missing back and right off the bat that doesn't sit right with me.

Of course, this is speculation.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Mediocre could be either 2 vets and 2 guys from current shows or just someone who doesn't care for 90s shows. Its like the most generic term possible to describe the DLC pass.

Speaking of which, i don't see this game going beyond a second pass with probably 8 characters in total for DLC. At best, we are getting 4 of the 11 missing back and right off the bat that doesn't sit right with me.

Of course, this is speculation.
Pretty much. This assumes what he says is legitimate.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Mediocre is incredibly subjective. The guy saying it could see Timmy, Zuko, Otis, and [insert other popular pick here] and still call it mediocre because he just personally doesn't like any of them as characters.

...didn't someone else who claims to know the DLC say they liked the picks? Opinions tell us literally nothing.

Fields - Ultimate's Great

Smash Journeyman
Mediocre is incredibly subjective. The guy saying it could see Timmy, Zuko, Otis, and [insert other popular pick here] and still call it mediocre because he just personally doesn't like any of them as characters.

...didn't someone else who claims to know the DLC say they liked the picks? Opinions tell us literally nothing.
Blackimar said it from what I remember and his opinions are known to be divisive among the NASB community lmao.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I see no reason why there can't be several waves of dlc. I can easily see some new interesting and veteran characters come around.

That said it's strange to see Helga and Mr. Crabs already decided as npcs

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I see no reason why there can't be several waves of dlc. I can easily see some new interesting and veteran characters come around.

That said it's strange to see Helga and Mr. Crabs already decided as npcs
With all games in general, typically the longer DLC lasts, the fewer people buy the later packs. This game is probably going to be working with a smaller player base, so anything beyond maybe a second season being greenlit due to strong initial sales seems out of the question.

LimeTH

Smash Lord

Great job guys, this thread alone has probably bumped us up to 60 Gerties.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett

Most based man alive.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Playerbase won't be big enough for that to be profitable. It's why they didn't finish crossplay for the first game.
I heard it was because of nintendo or things they had to do with them.

With all games in general, typically the longer DLC lasts, the fewer people buy the later packs. This game is probably going to be working with a smaller player base, so anything beyond maybe a second season being greenlit due to strong initial sales seems out of the question.
That's fair. It depends how well the game does and how much they're willing to put into it I guess.
I think having voices right off the bat is really good and in general the game and gameplay seems better quality so I can hope it picks up. I think it if can at least pick up in the competitive scene more this time there could be a dedicated base. I definitely want to give it more a try this time around if my pc runs it ok xD.

Faso115

Smash Lord

Suddenly NASB2 became Cookie Clicker

Or more like, Pookie Clicker :4pacman:

Last edited:

KatKit

Smash Lord
Personally, I LOVE that the game isn't focusing solely on main characters first and I wish that Smash did more of that. Grandma Gertie is an awesome pick (kudos to Nick for that decision), and I even like that Gerald is gonna be playable. He's actually the leader of the gang in-universe, but because of the nature of Hey Arnold fleshing out each of its characters, pretty much any one could work (Jolly Olly Man/Big Patty/Eugene/Lila/Herald are my most wanted from the show, ahaha)

Anyway, it's nice that the devs have more of a budget. The updated movesets and other new features/polish turn an already solid platform fighter into something special. The first game is super fun but the sequel has potential to be one of the best in the genre, in my opinion. I can't wait to play

Last edited:

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Personally, I LOVE that the game isn't focusing solely on main characters first and I wish that Smash did more of that. Grandma Gertie is an awesome pick (kudos to Nick for that decision), and I even like that Gerald is gonna be playable. He's actually the leader of the gang in-universe, but because of the nature of Hey Arnold fleshing out each of its characters, pretty much any one could work (Jolly Olly Man/Big Patty/Eugene/Lila/Herald are my most wanted from the show, ahaha)

Anyway, it's nice that the devs have more of a budget. The updated movesets and other new features/polish turn an already solid platform fighter into something special. The first game is super fun but the sequel has potential to be one of the best in the genre, in my opinion. I can't wait to play
Hi kat, how are ya?

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Ok that's way too similar to MVCI. The alleged big bad relegated to DLC? Not again!
I mostly had SFV in mind but yeah that works too

(i apologize for not knowing many other ones, most of my fighting game knowledge comes from Max Dood vids)

darkvortex

Smash Lord
I mostly had SFV in mind but yeah that works too

(i apologize for not knowing many other ones, most of my fighting game knowledge comes from Max Dood vids)
The new MK kinda does this too

Shang Tsung is the final boss and a lso DLC. I think it can be done

darkvortex

Smash Lord
lidoohquq3pb1 (1).jpg

According to the person who's been posting these images on reddit

• Donatello Super includes both Mikey and Leo in some way.
  • Zim human disguise is a move, although we don't know what exactly it does at the moment.
  • There are 6 Bosses which are: Sartana, Shredder, Vlad, Flying Dutchman, Another SpongeBob Boss and one other Mysterious Boss
  • Bosses are in the background and then come into battle.
  • Queen Vexus is not the mysterious boss despite her minions being common enemies on certain stages
  • Gerald has an "inventory" mechanic, he basically has like several items and you can choose which one to use
  • There is in fact 11 cuts and they are not unlockable.
  • There are more stages then characters.
  • The game doesn’t have interactions with playable fighters only with npcs you’ll meet in the story.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Not until I saw him in 3D did I realize his body is so misshapen

According to the person who's been posting these images on reddit

• Donatello Super includes both Mikey and Leo in some way.
  • Zim human disguise is a move, although we don't know what exactly it does at the moment.
  • There are 6 Bosses which are: Sartana, Shredder, Vlad, Flying Dutchman, Another SpongeBob Boss and one other Mysterious Boss
  • Bosses are in the background and then come into battle.
  • Gerald has an "inventory" mechanic, he basically has like several items and you can choose which one to use
  • There is in fact 11 cuts and they are not unlockable.
  • There are more stages then characters.
  • The game doesn’t have interactions with playable fighters only with npcs you’ll meet in the story.
  • I'ma gonna guess Donnie's super involves the Turtle Tank.
  • Zim's disguise as a move is... weird. What even would it do?
  • Sartana is a rad boss. Not a fan of SpongeBob having two though, we should get like a Teenage Robot boss and an Avatar boss to round it out.
  • If bosses are in the background, King Jellyfish may be one.
  • Don't know why that was specifically given to Gerald but it's interesting.
-Blech. Hope it's not true.
  • That's dumb. I'd rather them have done one or two extra characters with less stages. I'd be fine if some series only got one stage despite multiple characters.
  • That's disappointing, I would've liked to hear characters talk to each other. I wonder if the NPCs will even be voiced? Honestly, I doubt it.

That's assuming this is all true. Still very much an unconfirmed rumor.

...If someone has this much info why haven't they explained whether or not the Beavers are seperate or not

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I have a tinfoil theory on the reason for the large amount of cut characters

I think it has to do with the story campaign mode and Nick meddling with restrictions again. I think the devs do care about wanting to put in as many characters as possible in the game. But because they have been given the creative freedom for that story mode, to go along with that recent reddit leak that says playable characters can only interact with NPCs in the story, whoever they choose to have them heavily involved in that story mode as NPCs will not be playable because Nickelodeon had told them it has to be this way. It'd be for an incredibly dumb reason.

Maybe it's also because that story mode involves a lot of different voice actors and it is so costly to do that that the devs have to shorten the roster to compensate. And the only thing they can do with the remaining budget is to just polish the remaining roster as much as possible before release. Basically a budget issue, despite Nick giving the devs more creative freedom and budget.

If that happens to be the reasons, whatever is in that story mode, I hope it's really fun to play through and that the NPC interactions are great. IDK, this is one way I can see why these cuts happened. Of course, the short one year development time and small staff contributes to possible cuts too.

I'm curious to see what you guys think of this theory.

Last edited:
Top Bottom