• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl General Thread - All Star Brawl 2 Available Today!

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
omg we're getting Rockstar Freddy and LeBron James????
I would genuinely take Freddy Fazbear over Azula, Gerald, and Gertie.

THOSE ****S WANT A ****POST, I'LL SHOW THEM A ****POST

I'm playing with fire here given this stage's reputation on this thread, but we've seen more of what seems to be Loud Castle. Might be a scrolling or campaign stage.
View attachment 377879
Looks too small to be scrolling. That and you see characters engaged in a standard Free-For-All on it during the reveal trailer.

Also, if Linc gets in we're all having a watch party of the movie.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I'm playing with fire here given this stage's reputation on this thread, but we've seen more of what seems to be Loud Castle. Might be a scrolling or campaign stage.
View attachment 377879
I've thought about the idea of it being a campaign stage like Conch Street presumably is for a bit now, and I think some people are ill prepared for that outcome lol

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I've thought about the idea of it being a campaign stage like Conch Street presumably is for a bit now, and I think some people are ill prepared for that outcome lol
The trailer shows a regular match on that stage, but it hasn’t been shown since the first trailer.

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
I really don't think its a campaign stage. Again, there's a standard free-for-all on it during the reveal trailer, whereas we only see a story cutscene for Conch Street.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Looking at the trailer scene closer... they are all walking to the right, not fighting each other. Do we know if the air explosion is from any character? Since it could be a self-destructing enemy (Slap's story mode has one in the form of the TNT Man). Either that or Korra has Zelda/GOE side B.

Last edited:

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
Looking at the trailer scene closer... they are all walking to the right, not fighting each other. Do we know if the air explosion is from any character? Since it could be a self-destructing enemy (Slap's story mode has one in the form of the TNT Man). Either that or Korra has Zelda/GOE side B.
If it were a campaign stage it probably would've been shown alongside the campaign footage.

Tomorrow's showcase can't come soon enough...

Last edited:

darkvortex

Smash Lord
That's right. I think the only other fighting game that had an old lady as a playable character is....Naruto i think?

Trailblazer gertie doing gods work for old ladies
There are some examples in licensed anime games like Naruro and YuYu Hakusho but the biggest non ip example is atlus 's power instinct series which has multiple old lady fighters

oume-and-otane-groove-on-fight-profile-art.png

oshima_0022.jpg

elizabeth_sandra_002.jpg

Last edited:

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
Seems a NASBcord or Grinders member posted some early info 3 days ago, and it's been confirmed by Granny's reveal
View attachment 377891View attachment 377892
I mean, "mediocre" is pretty arbitrary so who knows, I'd rather judge by myself.

Also not surprise about the Donny super, honestly I had a feeling it was going to be this when they said that they didn' want to show it yet because there was a surprise in it.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
For those doubting that Gertie was a Nick pick...

Geoffrey Druyts

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1993-7715-4423
Switch FC
SW-6723-8387-1403
Seems a NASBcord or Grinders member posted some early info 3 days ago, and it's been confirmed by Granny's reveal
View attachment 377891View attachment 377892
11 cuts and no playable Vlad sounds so lame.

Atleast the 6 bosses sounds promising. (that is if they're ACTUAL bosses and not just one of the villain characters but bigger.)

Edit: Also no wonder they didn't show Donnie's super. Kinda lame they'd hide that but not Helga's stage cameo

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
i can't help but respect that

Faso115

Smash Lord
I wonder how people would be feeling now if no leaks ever happened.

Hmm getting some MVCI deja-vu with this reveal season

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Does anyone have any theories what stage the Grandma reveal music is from? It sounds a bit Double Dare-y to me, or possibly an unseen TMNT stage. The opening part is a different song I'm pretty sure, perhaps a new Glove World or a Squidward-specific stage? Could even be a new main theme

Last edited:

darkvortex

Smash Lord
This is pretty much my mindset - Helga, Leo, and Mikey are the only three I'm convinced have been cut from the roster (unless I'm missing something again), and I think we won't get conclusive evidence of others until launch.
A lot of powered Toast Man's content has been worked into Ren and Stimpy's moveset, he's not confirmed out but he seems likely to be

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Even some legit sources can have bum info or lie, but this is a bit more damning, I'll admit.

I... would love to know WHY Nick's representatives were so gung-ho about Gertie though

It's funny for sure it's just weird considering what we know about the devs the first time around. It's not like crusty old execs to NOT double down on their opinions.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Even some legit sources can have bum info or lie, but this is a bit more damning, I'll admit.

I... would love to know WHY Nick's representatives were so gung-ho about Gertie though

It's funny for sure it's just weird considering what we know about the devs the first time around. It's not like crusty old execs to NOT double down on their opinions.
Nigel got the game a lot of attention, Hugh got the game a lot of attention. Funny parents = attention. Attention = purchases.

bodes well for my MW 🐸🍽

EDIT: Now I think about it, "Nick" is pretty vague too. This could've come from the actual show production side of the network instead of the financial side.

Last edited:

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
After seeing Gertie in action, I can say with confidence that she's one of the best picks so far and that's not even a joke. She has THE KNEE, her super is hotwiring a train at you, and HER JAB IS KNITTING A SWEATER. Anyone who's mad about this simply needs to lighten up. Can't wait for the showcase.
Apparently Gertie has Faust's RNG item summon.
eyes.png

Is Arnold's grandma about to be the funniest fighting game character in history?
Boy i wonder if people will use the "race" card to deflect criticism against Gerald being genuinely a pretty boring choice
...no one's even thinking of doing this? Why would you say this?
They're just pandering to what makes money. Just look at all of the meme merch they spew out every year.
Where, I ask, were all the Gertie memes that led to her inclusion? Seriously, show them to me. I might main her if I like them enough.
Gotta love people getting victories they don't deserve.
What kind of salty nonsense is this? Did the world's strongest Gertie fan break into your house and steal your TV?
And I thought Smash fans were bad about this stuff. Blimey...
Finding out Gertie was a corporate pick after months of hearing people moan about the devs making "bad decisions" is the most vindicating thing to me since Garfleak being real. Nick is officially in on the joke. Long live the Funny Pick.

Last edited:

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
Honestly even if Gertie will definitely not be my favorite pick, I think it's cool that Nick push for a fun characters. It's definitely a change of heart compared to Nick trying to block Oblina and Lucy in the first game, and it's actually pretty exciting for the future of the game and the franchise if they have more silly ideas like that.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I think that by "mediocre", they mean "none of the fan requested picks are in." This means no Timmy, no Otis, no Zuko, etc.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
That sounds straight-up bad. I'm expecting one or two heavy hitters and the rest are just sorta eh.
Yeah. I think that if this is real than the DLC might just be randos combined with cut veterans that they're selling as DLC.

darkvortex

Smash Lord
Mid is extremely subjective from person to person. At most I'm expecting maybe some vets and no Timmy. I do thunk they'd know they'd need to throw some big picks in there, Otis or something

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Mid is extremely subjective from person to person. At most I'm expecting maybe some vets and no Timmy. I do thunk they'd know they'd need to throw some big picks in there, Otis or something
I think that they're gonna be two Gertie-tier picks and two cut veterans, particularly two that the community doesn't want to see back.

Top Bottom