• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl General Thread - All Star Brawl 2 Available Today!

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
What weirds me out about this ordeal is that all of these image leaks seem to be coming from the same source, they all seem to be either in-game screenshots or PNG's ripped from the game's files... but the Master Splinter picture is just your typical ol' potato cam leak.

Not saying this confirms anything either way. Just... curious about the lack of consistency here.

darkvortex

Smash Lord
What weirds me out about this ordeal is that all of these image leaks seem to be coming from the same source, they all seem to be either in-game screenshots or PNG's ripped from the game's files... but the Master Splinter picture is just your typical ol' potato cam leak.

Not saying this confirms anything either way. Just... curious about the lack of consistency here.
In the discord some one in the know was claiming the splinter leak was done that way on purpose

Faso115

Smash Lord
New theory: Not background veteran

This theory means that if the character isn't part of an ultimate or background for a stage, it has a shot at being DLC

Which means it's RIP for Helga, Lincoln, Leo, Mikey and Shredder. The other 6 tho could have a shot at playable as DLC

Last edited:

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Of all the leaks for this game this one is so supremely easy to fake

Combine that with the meme format and you have a likely fake
Have we even seen any fake leaks for either NASB game? At this point, I'm more willing to assume any leaks are real than fake just because this game's info security is terrible and nobody's faking anything.
Lincoln's out. Get used to it.

LimeTH

Smash Lord
Have we even seen any fake leaks for either NASB game? At this point, I'm more willing to assume any leaks are real than fake just because this game's info security is terrible and nobody's faking anything.
Technically yes, there was that fake Kappa Mikey leak last game but the creator of that came out pretty quickly.

And if you think for even a second any of this is going to keep the conversations in this thread from being constantly derailed into arguing about Lincoln Loud, I have a bridge to sell you. I'm positive Riley switched sides even with evidence staring them in the face just so that they had an excuse to keep talking about Lincoln.
I don't have anything against the actual character but like, you know there's 10 other characters who also got cut, right?

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Technically yes, there was that fake Kappa Mikey leak last game but the creator of that came out pretty quickly.
If you're talking about this one, it wasn't a leak. It was an elaborate ****post.
According to the person who's been posting these images on reddit

• Donatello Super includes both Mikey and Leo in some way.
  • Zim human disguise is a move, although we don't know what exactly it does at the moment.
  • There are 6 Bosses which are: Sartana, Shredder, Vlad, Flying Dutchman, Another SpongeBob Boss and one other Mysterious Boss
  • Bosses are in the background and then come into battle.
  • Queen Vexus is not the mysterious boss despite her minions being common enemies on certain stages
  • Gerald has an "inventory" mechanic, he basically has like several items and you can choose which one to use
  • There is in fact 11 cuts and they are not unlockable.
  • There are more stages then characters.
  • The game doesn’t have interactions with playable fighters only with npcs you’ll meet in the story.
Gerald's gonna be Shovel Knight?? Hmm... not sure how I feel about that.

Baysha

Smash Ace
There was that one El Tigre leak that was accidentally correct.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
And at this point I don't think that any of the cut veterans will return as DLC. I'm just gonna skip this game entirely and wait until Kart Racers 4 as that would be a much better use of my money.

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Assuming 11 cuts is legitimate, I think the most likely ones to return at this point are CatDog and Oblina, simply because they likely won't even have an NPC role.

New theory: Not background veteran

This theory means that if the character isn't part of an ultimate or background for a stage, it has a shot at being DLC

Which means it's RIP for Helga, Lincoln, Leo, Mikey and Shredder. The other 6 tho could have a shot at playable as DLC
Devs have said in the first game cameos don't deconfirm. It's likely true for this game as well.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Assuming 11 cuts is legitimate, I think the most likely ones to return at this point are CatDog and Oblina, simply because they likely won't even have an NPC role.

Devs have said in the first game cameos don't deconfirm. It's likely true for this game as well.
This can be seen in the first game, with Spunky not appearing on Hardcore Chores if Rocko is in the match, but I think that the DLC is all newcomers.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Admittedly I didn't follow the first game that much nor have so far for the second (Grandma Gertie looks pretty cool), but a sizable majority of reports we've received this past week have all come from this thread from a multitude of users. Having just handed out the most warnings I have had to all year, I will try to keep a better on this thread going forward to launch.

If you are disappointed about aspects of the game, which from all of the rumors/leaks seem to equate to major changes, please do so while staying respectful of your fellow users who are still excited.

The rumors/leaks for this game seem to be pretty well known and unavoidable at this point, but please do try to keep things hidden for those trying their best to be surprised. Some of the reports we've received involve users purposely removing spoiler tags when quoting other users and that is just flat out petty.

As always please remember that the Ignore feature of your account is always there if you need it.

KatKit

Smash Lord
I love that Grandma Gertie has a ton alt costume potential. She's also super quotable and hopefully has a bunch of different kooky win quotes/taunts. You can pick an episode from literally any scene she's in and it's a goldmine

cni6r5kt50e71.jpg

cwdffvmt50e71.jpg

sgjwrebt50e71.png

I respect that the devs leaned alittle more into her lucid side, for lack of a better word. They balanced her coolness, wiseness, and craziness well. And she would 100% use The Knee of Justice, ahaha

Faso115

Smash Lord
I love that Grandma Gertie has a ton alt costume potential. She's also super quotable and hopefully has a bunch of different kooky win quotes/taunts. You can pick an episode from literally any scene she's in and it's a goldmine

I respect that the devs leaned alittle more into her lucid side, for lack of a better word. They balanced her coolness, wiseness, and craziness well. And she would 100% use The Knee of Justice, ahaha
Lol she probably has more alts possibilities than Ember.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I find too many in the thread to be too gloomy about the game and characters, and also taking leaks or conclusions surrounding them too seriously.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
NASB3 will be the cut veterans from the first game but veterans from the second game being cut out and half the newcomers of the second game cut.

Wouldn't surprise me given GameMills line of thinking.

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
NASB3 will be the cut veterans from the first game but veterans from the second game being cut out and half the newcomers of the second game cut.

I don't know if we'll ever see the cut veterans from NASB2 again in the series. Besides, I'm losing interest in NASB and getting more interested in the Kart Racers games. I wonder when it will be speculation time for KR4, which I'm much more excited for.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

You realize they likely didn't go in expecting cuts, right? It's not like they said "we forbid you from adding these eleven characters back."

Come now lmao.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
You realize they likely didn't go in expecting cuts, right? It's not like they said "we forbid you from adding these eleven characters back."

Come now lmao.
I think it probably wouldn't be bothering me as much if Lincoln and the two other turtles were cut. That's where I'm baffled at. If anything Lucy should've been the one cut if they were going to do this.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I think it probably wouldn't be bothering me as much if Lincoln and the two other turtles were cut. That's where I'm baffled at. If anything Lucy should've been the one cut if they were going to do this.
There are definitely cuts I don't like, but honestly Lucy over Lincoln was the right call imo.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
There are definitely cuts I don't like, but honestly Lucy over Lincoln was the right call imo.
Cutting Lincoln out is like cutting Link out from Smash.

He's the protag of Nick's second biggest cash cow after Spongebob.

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I guess Lincoln's low popularity with the audience did him in, and if they do go for another TLH rep they don't have that many options as many of them overlap with other fighters on the roster, like Lisa, Luna, and Lynn Jr..

RileyXY1

Smash Hero

He was only the protagonist back when Chris Savino was in charge of the show. After he was fired the new showrunner turned it into an ensemble cast show where all 11 siblings are collectively the main protagonist.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

The Loud House is closer to their Splatoon, not their Zelda. A modern hit that became a staple. But even then doing comparisons to Nintendo and their IPs miss the mark completely.

I'll be honest, if there had to be any cuts, Lincoln made sense to me to be lower priority. He was one of the least popular characters from the first game by a fairly large margin, and his show tends to fall outside the demographic of the hardcore NASB fanbase that they're likely banking on to give the game more longevity. And Lucy was just...well, leaps and bounds more popular. It also didn't help that Lincoln's moveset felt so boring and uninspired when it wasn't being just flat out disgusting.

So like...out of all the cuts, I think he's easily one of the ones that's the most justifiable.

Top Bottom