• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl General Thread - All Star Brawl 2 Available Today!

Sammerbro44

Smash Apprentice
I’m gonna assume an alt, I don’t see Ludosity being on board for clone characters

Speaking of leaks I just saw someone post something that seems….surprisingly solid guess wise? (This is in the top left)

Interesting observation related to this is that the pose on the box-art looks awfully familiar to chum chum's pose in super brawl 2.
1690082870082.png

Possibly a prototype box art? I dunno. Seems to have Otis and MAYBE Tommy???? For some reason the triangle silhouette is bring to mind The Cheese, but even as the best character on the show, I doubt he'd be added, let alone get such high billing.
Also, Danny's pose on the box-art reminds me of his pose in Super Brawl 2 as well.
1690082752782.png

Probably doesn't mean anything, but still, I find it to be a neat little parallel to draw.

Last edited:
Since the hype train for NASB 2 is apparently picking up speed, I might as well share a list of characters I want to see added to the series.

1: Ren Hoek becoming his own fighter. This thread has convinced me how much of a waste Ren is to the moveset. I know Stimpy's the more appealing character for 90s kids, but Ren has his own kit to pull from as well.
2: The protagonists that were previously passed on. Arnold, Ickis, Eliza, Jimmy Neutron, and even one of the titular Rugrats. I'd even take the All Grown Up! versions to get Tommy, Chuckie, and Angelica in the game.
3: Two new SpongeBob reps. I would have thought SBSP would have the most characters in NASB, but TMNT takes the cake. Not to gatekeep or anything, but they only joined the Nick family in 2009. Give me more than one newcomer from Bikini Bottom to make up for that.
4: One rep each for as many Nicktoons as legally plausible. I do not expect this to happen in the next game, but I do hope to see some surprises that weren't leaked.
5: Mighty Mouse. Yes, really. Paramount owns the character, Nick almost made a Terrytoons revival in 1999, and I even made a thread for a Terrytoons rep with his catchphrase headlining it. No, I am in my twenties, so I did not grow up with those shorts.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Since the hype train for NASB 2 is apparently picking up speed, I might as well share a list of characters I want to see added to the series.

1: Ren Hoek becoming his own fighter. This thread has convinced me how much of a waste Ren is to the moveset. I know Stimpy's the more appealing character for 90s kids, but Ren has his own kit to pull from as well.
2: The protagonists that were previously passed on. Arnold, Ickis, Eliza, Jimmy Neutron, and even one of the titular Rugrats. I'd even take the All Grown Up! versions to get Tommy, Chuckie, and Angelica in the game.
3: Two new SpongeBob reps. I would have thought SBSP would have the most characters in NASB, but TMNT takes the cake. Not to gatekeep or anything, but they only joined the Nick family in 2009. Give me more than one newcomer from Bikini Bottom to make up for that.
4: One rep each for as many Nicktoons as legally plausible. I do not expect this to happen in the next game, but I do hope to see some surprises that weren't leaked.
5: Mighty Mouse. Yes, really. Paramount owns the character, Nick almost made a Terrytoons revival in 1999, and I even made a thread for a Terrytoons rep with his catchphrase headlining it. No, I am in my twenties, so I did not grow up with those shorts.
Jesus how many times do we have to go over this, Ickis is not the protagonist of Ahh Real Monsters, he's ONE of them. They're all the protagonists.

Last edited:

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord
We all want those to be next on the list. But let's say those guys aren't on the table, or they were already in the game. Who would you guys root for?

I'd personally go for either Mermaid Man, Fred, or Patchy.
I’ve probably already brought up my idea of Larry the Lobster as a rep because you could pull from Fishbunjin for most of his moves but I’m gonna bring it up again anyways :4pacman:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
I'm pretty sure Kamp Koral SpongeBob is just an alt costume. Though, since the animation shows him stretched out, it's a little hard to tell. This game is already kinda weird about size and proportions, so I don't think child SpongeBob being the same size as his adult self is much more weird than Lincoln being double the height of Toph. I imagine that the hat moving is the reason why he's being shown for the wavedashing animation specifically next to regular SB, given that they may have an extra model bone for hats that couldn't be tested with the default costume.

I wouldn't mind him as a unique fighter though, I could imagine a cute moveset.

EDIT:Another observation I've noticed about Kamp Koral SpongeBob is that his hat appears to be closer to the height of SpongeBob's Krusty Krab hat than the Kamp Koral hat - which IMO, further leads credulence to the idea that it's an alt and basically soft-confirms another alt costume, since it'd be using the same bone as the Krusty Krab hat.

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719

I have a very strong feeling you're gonna be disappointed with NASB2.

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord
I’m surprised across all the leaks we’ve gotten my roster prediction remains untouched

The roster prediction in question being everyone returning plus Donnie, Raph, Squid, Jimmy, Vlad, El Tigre, Otis, Beavers and Luna Loud

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Doesn't really count since this was post-Tigre and we've only recieved one leaked fighter since (and even that is slightly ambiguous), but my prediction still holds up too. (unless Kamp Koral is a clone)

1. Raph
  2. Donnie
  3. Tigre
  4. Vlad
  5. Jimmy
  6. Squidward
  7. Odie
  8. Either Arnold or a Rugrat
  9. Otis
  10. Zuko

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Doesn't really count since this was post-Tigre and we've only recieved one leaked fighter since (and even that is slightly ambiguous), but my prediction still holds up too. (unless Kamp Koral is a clone)

1. Raph
  2. Donnie
  3. Tigre
  4. Vlad
  5. Jimmy
  6. Squidward
  7. Odie
  9. Otis
  10. Zuko
NASB was supposed to launch with 22 characters, but Garfield and Shredder could not be finished in time and were held back for post-launch updates.

Jesus how many times do we have to go over this, Ickis is not the protagonist of Ahh Real Monsters, he's ONE of them. They're all the protagonists.
That's fair. I just thought Ickis was THE protagonist of the show due to the marketing and merch. That's on me for not really seeing the show.
I have a very strong feeling you're gonna be disappointed with NASB2.
Oh, I know that GameMill has very tight budgets "thanks" to Nick's regulations. As such, I only expect one of the protagonists from #2, just one SpongeBob newcomer, and a handful of new series getting introduced.

Although, I didn't specifically mention I wanted them in NASB2 particularly. Just in future entries as a whole.
Someone like Man Ray, Flying Dutchman, or Larry.
Also good options.
I’ve probably already brought up my idea of Larry the Lobster as a rep because you could pull from Fishbunjin for most of his moves but I’m gonna bring it up again anyways :4pacman:
Well, it would be cheaper to develop Larry's skeleton for the developers. That does put him closer to the top of the line.

1. Raph
  2. Donnie
  3. Tigre
  4. Vlad
  5. Jimmy
  6. Squidward
  7. Odie
  9. Otis
  10. Zuko
I have two questions for your prediction:
1: Would a Fairly OddParents rep be saved for DLC?
2: Why would you think Odie has a chance? What can he do for a unique moveset?

Torgo the Bear

Smash Lord
the country where the pretty girls are from
NNID
u2outofcontrol
Switch FC
SW-1209-7008-3905
Odie would have a lot of attacks involving his tongue, and I could see a special move where he leaves behind slobber puddles that could make an opponent slip and fall, leaving them open for a bit until they can roll or trip attack back onto their feet.

Odie would have a lot of attacks involving his tongue, and I could see a special move where he leaves behind slobber puddles that could make an opponent slip and fall, leaving them open for a bit until they can roll or trip attack back onto their feet.
Okay, that could work. But personally, if that's all he can do, I'd rather introduce an Assist item and have Odie be one of those instead.

Torgo the Bear

Smash Lord
the country where the pretty girls are from
NNID
u2outofcontrol
Switch FC
SW-1209-7008-3905
Okay, that could work. But personally, if that's all he can do, I'd rather introduce an Assist item and have Odie be one of those instead.
That would probably be a bit more fitting for him, admittedly, but I still think he can have a moveset. Don’t forget that most movesets in this game are a pile of source material references- I’m sure you could find enough things throughout the comic and the cartoons to give him some different attacks.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
1: Would a Fairly OddParents rep be saved for DLC?
2: Why would you think Odie has a chance? What can he do for a unique moveset?
  1. I don't think FOP is happening for now - we really have no clue what rights issues are causing trouble for Timmy (IIRC someone close to either Ludosity or FPL said it wasn't Nelvana), just that rights issues exist, but either way, if Nick wanted to sort it out, they would've done it by now for the kart games I feel, and if NASB 2 was the breaking point, then I think Timmy would've been leaked first. Maybe possible in future, but I don't think it's happening for NASB 2. Not impossible either.
  2. While he certainly isn't too hot a request and could potentially be controversial with older fans, Odie appeals to that same sort of silent core Nick fanbase of kids and families that Raph, Donnie, and Kamp Koral SpongeBob would appeal to. Just a very iconic, popular character with seniority and maintained relevancy. Doesn't hurt that there's some major Garfield fans on the dev team too. Moveset wise, well, he's a dog. He'd do dog things. Lick people, dig holes, play fetch, that sorta stuff.
Looking closer at the new box art leak, I'm pretty convinced that the silhouettes were added by the leaker, mostly because the shadow of the spray paint tool goes over Jenny and the GameMill logo rather than being layered under them, implying whoever made the edit didn't have access to the original uncompressed image file. I'm starting to think Otis was a red herring - partially because his upper hoof seems to cover Patrick more than any other limb that's covering another fighter, and also because he seems too on-model, to the point where it looks like a stock PNG or flash game sprite put under a darkening filter. We know the leaker can draw too from his Kevin pics.

If they aren't a red herring, then I don't think they refer to any specific character, moreso placeholders to say "put an angular character here" or "put a round character here", given that it was said that NASB 1's box art was chosen based on being visually pleasing rather than putting the most popular characters at the forefront.

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Oh, I know that GameMill has very tight budgets "thanks" to Nick's regulations. As such, I only expect one of the protagonists from #2, just one SpongeBob newcomer, and a handful of new series getting introduced.

Although, I didn't specifically mention I wanted them in NASB2 particularly. Just in future entries as a whole.
Well it's not just that (considering that GameMill games have limited budgets period, Nick or otherwise, although if they were smart they would let the sequel to their biggest hit at least have a few million invested into it), but even if "One rep each for as many Nicktoons as legally plausible." was spread across a few sequels and DLC, legal issues aren't the only thing preventing it from happening. The fact that there's more Nicktoons crossovers with only a few shows than ones that try to actively represent every Nicktoon ever at the time makes me think it's not that easy.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Part of me wonders if the part they forgot to blur near Jenny might be Arnold.

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord
this might be controversial but looking over this cover more, I’m starting to think certain spots may be fabricated by the person sharing this

These are the parts that I think may have been added on by the leaker
The top left and bottom middle just look too specific of silhouettes compared to the giant ball shadows over the rest of them, it’s as if the leaker wants us to think of certain characters when seeing them. The position of Kevin in particular makes me think he’s covering up something that reveals that isn’t Otis

As for the far right, you can see Raph cutting into the spot above him and since pretty much every character seems to take up 2 of these spaces on the boxart at minimum (or at least stretch out to more than one) it makes me think that what’s covered is actually the rest of Korra and not a new character. Besides it just looks way too small to be anyone else there

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
this might be controversial but looking over this cover more, I’m starting to think certain spots may be fabricated by the person sharing this

These are the parts that I think may have been added on by the leaker
The top left and bottom middle just look too specific of silhouettes compared to the giant ball shadows over the rest of them, it’s as if the leaker wants us to think of certain characters when seeing them. The position of Kevin in particular makes me think he’s covering up something that reveals that isn’t Otis

As for the far right, you can see Raph cutting into the spot above him and since pretty much every character seems to take up 2 of these spaces on the boxart at minimum (or at least stretch out to more than one) it makes me think that what’s covered is actually the rest of Korra and not a new character. Besides it just looks way too small to be anyone else there
Relevant, but got buried by an edit: (please loosen double post restrictions mods)
Looking closer at the new box art leak, I'm pretty convinced that the silhouettes were added by the leaker, mostly because the shadow of the spray paint tool goes over Jenny and the GameMill logo rather than being layered under them, implying whoever made the edit didn't have access to the original uncompressed image file. I'm starting to think Otis was a red herring - partially because his upper hoof seems to cover Patrick more than any other limb that's covering another fighter, and also because he seems too on-model, to the point where it looks like a stock PNG or flash game sprite put under a darkening filter. We know the leaker can draw too from his Kevin pics.

If they aren't a red herring, then I don't think they refer to any specific character, moreso placeholders to say "put an angular character here" or "put a round character here", given that it was said that NASB 1's box art was chosen based on being visually pleasing rather than putting the most popular characters at the forefront.

LimeTH

Smash Lord
Part of me wonders if the part they forgot to blur near Jenny might be Arnold.
I'm not sure, to be honest, how low down behind Jenny would be have to be for his hair to be in that spot?

I feel that not all the silhouettes could correspond to a new character. They're all so non specific that the leaker probably just airbrushed that all in there to raise discussion like this.

Whatever, it's probably Live Action Dora anyways.

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord
i mentioned that first but ok

was probably brought up on a discord spoiler chat post i missed beforehand, so it doesn't really matter.
You said the silhouettes and one silhouette specifically was added

I also think all the silhouettes were added, but there’s a couple that I think aren’t covering any characters at all

I just expanded upon what you said is all

LimeTH

Smash Lord
So what’s with the other box art we saw in segments then? Are there two different arts or was one an earlier take?

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
So what’s with the other box art we saw in segments then? Are there two different arts or was one an earlier take?
The one in segments is presumably the Switch version's box art, while what just leaked a few days ago is the PS4 version. It's possible that the Switch version has a different box art from the other versions.

darkvortex

Smash Champion
Other speculations are that the first leaked art was a title screen, or a peice of promo art

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
I don't think one is Nintendo art and one is PS4 art - game box arts go through TONS of revisions before release, as does any professionally made art really. There's one box art that's getting used and a whole ton that aren't. Could be a title screen thing though, given that NKR2 had different title and box art designs.

Last edited:
Top Bottom