• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl General Thread - All Star Brawl 2 Available Today!

darkvortex

Smash Lord
Tomorrow is Id@Xbox, Xbox's indie game focused showcase. I can't find the Xbox event that the avatar characters where revealed at so I don't know if this the one

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord
Ok I think I’ve settled on a roster prediction for the time being

Ok so I think every character will be returning, so that makes 25 characters

Raph, Vlad, Jimmy and Squidward already leaked, so that’s 29

They’re not doing 3/4 turtles so DONNIE seems like a very safe bet and El Tigre’s creator may have already spoiled his inclusion, so that’s 31 (and even if he didn’t El Tigre is the next most popular request besides Timmy so he feels inevitable anyways)

So that leaves the rest:

If we get a roster of 32 characters, I predict the last slot would go to Otis. He’s an out there pick from a not repped IP, very meme-y and is a super popular request as well (got 8th place in the last big poll, only placing below Timmy, El Tigre,Angry Beavers and Zuko)

If we get 33, then I say Angry Beavers make the cut as well as a Zelda/Sheik-esque swap character (plus I think it’d be funny if their tag in/out mechanic was then slapping tails)

For the record I’d say Otis and Angry Beavers are pretty interchangeable here so if you wanna say Angry Beavers is #32 and Otis is #33 that works too

If we get 34, I envision it’ll be one of two characters

Mr. Krabs is a stupidly popular request and a super popular character. Don’t think I need to elaborate why I think he’d get priority.

Luna Loud is definitely the most desired Loud House character next, is generally popular even within the LH fandom, was already in Super Brawl Universe and Loud House is really popular and big for Nickelodeon atm, no way we get a sequel and they don’t request another Loud House character.

And if we get 35 characters, then just add whoever wasn’t added in the last slot out of these two

That leaves Zuko as the odd character out and here is my reasoning why I don’t think he’ll be base roster:

He was DLC in Kart Racers 3 and is an insanely popular character across all animation fandoms not just Nick and Avatar, and besides Timmy and Crimson Chin, he’d be the most popular request yet to get in.

All this to say I could see those 3 being a trio of DLC characters that Nickelodeon would trust to sell super well. Maybe not the most agreeable logic but that’s what I’m sticking with

This is the roster prediction I’m gonna stick to until we get any more information or an official reveal (fr this time, not like before where I’d change my predictions after like a couple days lol)
I’ve thought this over more and more and I think the number I’ve settled on is 34 characters prediction wise.

I don’t see us getting any cuts whatsoever, besides the fact that they would be really really hard cuts, it just doesn’t seem like it’d be super hard to bring back every character

Squidward, Jimmy, Raph, Vlad and El Tigre have all leaked so that’s 30 characters

We’re not getting 3/4 turtles so Donnie makes 31 characters

Angry Beavers have been very highly requested and fit in perfectly with the other 90’s nostalgia picks, plus it’d be cool to have a Zelda/Sheik and/or Aegis type character (a more explicit one than whatever CatDog is anyways)

The more I think about it the more I don’t see us not getting another Loud House character, and of the bunch Luna Loud seems like the most probable and the most favored so I’m going with her

And finally Otis as a last surprise pick, very highly requested and meme-y of an inclusion but if given the chance I don’t think they’d pass up the opportunity to include him this time

If they do the 3 character fighter pass DLC thing again I could see it including Zuko, Mr. Krabs and Timmy

THAT will be what I stick with until we get more info

Edit: Here's a visual of this prediction

1689078111242.png

Last edited:

darkvortex

Smash Lord
I’ve thought this over more and more and I think the number I’ve settled on is 34 characters prediction wise.

I don’t see us getting any cuts whatsoever, besides the fact that they would be really really hard cuts, it just doesn’t seem like it’d be super hard to bring back every character

Squidward, Jimmy, Raph, Vlad and El Tigre have all leaked so that’s 30 characters

Angry Beavers have been very highly requested and fit in perfectly with the other 90’s nostalgia picks, plus it’d be cool to have a Zelda/Sheik and/or Aegis type character (a more explicit one than whatever CatDog is anyways)

The more I think about it the more I don’t see us not getting another Loud House character, and of the bunch Luna Loud seems like the most probable and the most favored so I’m going with her

And finally Otis as a last surprise pick, very highly requested and meme-y of an inclusion but if given the chance I don’t think they’d pass up the opportunity to include him this time

If they do the 3 character fighter pass DLC thing again I could see it including Zuko, Mr. Krabs and Timmy

Replace Luna with Zuko and this is pretty much my prediction.

Anyway I'm leaning towards no reveal today. Just a feeling

HyperSomari64

Smash Master
Maybe NASB 2 will be announced at the Tokyo Game Show, even if the game will release on a later date on that country.
Sorry for saying such whimsical stuff.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
You joke, but that gets me thinking again about how Nintendo seems to be against promoting platform fighters on the Switch. I'm sure Rivals could've been in Indie World before it came ouf.
I think they promoted Lego Brawls in a Direct, right? Though I'd say that game is more styled after the "proto-platform fighter" games like PSASBR, CNPTE, DreamMix TV, Digimon Rumble Arena, e.t.c. from before Rivals solidified the genre's conventions.

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I think they promoted Lego Brawls in a Direct, right? Though I'd say that game is more styled after the "proto-platform fighter" games like PSASBR, CNPTE, DreamMix TV, Digimon Rumble Arena, e.t.c. from before Rivals solidified the genre's conventions.
Isn't that game less platform fighter and more platform beat-em-up?

RileyXY1

Smash Hero

Although among potential new TLH reps Luna has fallen out of style with Lynn Jr. taking over as the main new TLH rep request, and I can see why. Lynn Jr. is the athlete of the family, making her the most fitting Loud sibling for a fighting game, and she's also voiced by Lucy's VA (Jessica DiCicco) which could lessen development costs. I also see Zuko as a very likely addition to the cast. Avatar is a very popular franchise, and Zuko is the series' most requested character.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Although among potential new TLH reps Luna has fallen out of style with Lynn Jr. taking over as the main new TLH rep request, and I can see why. Lynn Jr. is the athlete of the family, making her the most fitting Loud sibling for a fighting game, and she's also voiced by Lucy's VA (Jessica DiCicco) which could lessen development costs. I also see Zuko as a very likely addition to the cast. Avatar is a very popular franchise, and Zuko is the series' most requested character.
Haven't you always pushed for Lynn? Just because you don't personally want Luna doesn't mean she's "fallen out of style," please get over yourself

Requests for new Loud House characters are rare as is, with most people assuming it's just going to happen as opposed to genuinely wanting a character and trying to speculate around around that. For a long time the general sentiment is "it's one of Luna, Luan, or Lynn" and that has not changed

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord
Lego Brawls felt more like 2D TF2/Overwatch to me tbh

Haven't you always pushed for Lynn? Just because you don't personally want Luna doesn't mean she's "fallen out of style," please get over yourself

Requests for new Loud House characters are rare as is, with most people assuming it's just going to happen as opposed to genuinely wanting a character and trying to speculate around around that. For a long time the general sentiment is "it's one of Luna, Luan, or Lynn" and that has not changed
Not to mention Lynn is already part of the Loud House stage

That’s not a “well they’re a cameo so they can’t be playable” leap in logic, it’s more like, they’ve already used resources to make this character a cameo, it seems counterproductive to scrap this cameo, make a whole new model to make this cameo playable and then presumably make a whole new model to take the place of her cameo, when they could instead just add one of the two more popular requests, take up less resources AND most likely make more people happier

Besides with Luna in particular it’s not even just a Loud House fandom thing, time and time again I see non Loud House fans say if we had to get a character they’d be cool with Luna. I think Luan being the second most requested rep generally speaking makes sense and she may have more moveset potential, but she’s also a much more divisive pick even in the Loud House fandom

In conclusion I didn’t forget about Lynn, I just don’t see her as likely like at all

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
That’s not a “well they’re a cameo so they can’t be playable” leap in logic, it’s more like, they’ve already used resources to make this character a cameo, it seems counterproductive to scrap this cameo, make a whole new model to make this cameo playable and then presumably make a whole new model to take the place of her cameo, when they could instead just add one of the two more popular requests, take up less resources AND most likely make more people happier
Just because Alfonzo Is In Charge doesn't mean they have to make replacement cameo models. Deleting the cameo is something that happens too.

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord
Just because Alfonzo Is In Charge doesn't mean they have to make replacement cameo models. Deleting the cameo is something that happens too.
True but again that’s just eliminating an asset on a game made by a team that probably gets limited resources to work on assets at all

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
True but again that’s just eliminating an asset on a game made by a team that probably gets limited resources to work on assets at all
They already did it with Hardcore Chores. Spunky appears if no one's playing Rocko. His replacement model is...Nothing. Nada. PS5 games.

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord
They already did it with Hardcore Chores. Spunky appears if no one's playing Rocko. His replacement model is...Nothing. Nada. PS5 games.
That’s also the same model for Spunky though right? They can’t exactly just use Lynn’s model from the stage it’s uh….pretty rough looking

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
You sure? Lynn's still an EXTREMELY divisive character in the fandom. I've never seen much of a push for her at all.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
If 1. we get a story mode, and 2. that story mode is platforming levels, I hope we'll get a Double Dare or Guts platforming stage. Maybe as a secret final level like the Secret Skyway and Omega Oblivion of Obliteration from Slap City.

Last edited:

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
To be fair I could see Lynn being chosen, but I never saw a huge push for her. Personally I was predicting Luan because I think a prankster moveset is more original and would be really fun to work with and as far as I'm aware she's a pretty big fan favorite. Luna is also very popular and could be also fun to work with. Honestly I think all 3 have fair chances, but I'm leaning a bit towards Luan.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
You sure? Lynn's still an EXTREMELY divisive character in the fandom. I've never seen much of a push for her at all.
I've seen Lynn Jr. on a lot more wishlists than Luna nowadays, plus she was a part of that infamous fake rumor that said Sonic and Knuckles were in.

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord
I’m expecting this to come off as tinfoil hat-y but…

I was looking through old kids choice award memes (basically the hall of fame of the official Discord server of posts)

And I came across this

IMG_8422.jpeg

This definitely caught my attention because

Well let’s look at it

The top 10 in order are:
1) Jenny
2) Hugh
3) Otis
4) Kappa Mikey
5) Garfield
6) El Tigre
7) Angry Beavers
8) Squidward
9) Glitch Techs
10) Jimmy Neutron

Now it’s safe to exclude Garfield since he would’ve certainly been included in the launch roster by this point

But the rest of these

Jenny and Hugh were the first DLC we got and Rocko was highly wanted from people at Fair Play to the point where they publicly said Rocko would be DLC before he was even confirmed

Not only that, but this is probably also the only poll I’ve seen (that seems to be prominent enough seeing as Rep is making a joke about actually acknowledging it) that has Hugh above Jimmy. We know the DLC was decided like, well after the games release, but it does make me wonder if this specific poll played a factor

Aside from them, we also have El Tigre, Squidward and Jimmy, all leaked at this point and pretty safely in

That leaves 4 characters here, Otis, Kappa Mikey, Angry Beavers and Glitch Techs

I’ve already speculated we’d get Otis and Angry Beavers and Glitch Techs could probably go either way, but I was admittedly never really aware that Kappa Mikey was such a sought after character apparently, if only for a brief period of time

But then you also have the obviously fake Kappa Mikey leak from the day the trailer released as well as Rep’s recent tweet directly referencing Kappa Mikey. Combine that with (don’t quote me on this) his creator being very much on board with Kappa Mikey getting in the game publicly, is it possible that we may be underestimating Kappa Mikey’s chances? Or it’s just another Rep troll idk

Text wall over

Top Bottom