• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl General Thread - All Star Brawl 2 Available Today!

LimeTH

Smash Lord
At this point, let's just drum up hype irresponsibly.

GET READY GET READY

HEREWEGOHEREWEGOHEREWEGO

IT'S HAPPENING BOIZZZZZ, NASB 3 TRAILER. THIS GAME IS GONNA BE SO INTENSE IT'S SKIPPING OVER 2 AND GOING STRAIGHT TO 3

THIS GAME GONNA HAVE EVERYBODY. THEY'RE PUTTING IN TIMMY AND JIMMY AND ZUKO AND SONIC AND GOKU AND GENO

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Anyone got any reveal predictions? Type of trailer, what they'll show, etc?
The format I'm expecting is:

Very brief story mode plot hook either at the beginning or end, shows off some new and some returning characters, near equal distribution of story and battle mode gameplay footage, super moves are shown (possibly as a stinger). Maybe a reference to the leaked screenshots. I honestly don't know if they're gonna reveal all the returnees at once or re-reveal them.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
In case you want to know what to expect from the probable story mode, here's a description of Slap City's story mode

1. Mode is half platforming stages, half standard battles, and one enemy swarm stage.
  2. Almost each character has their own campaign, same platforming stages with slightly altered layouts
  3. Most platforming stages also have multiplayer stage forms - though this doesn't apply to all of them.
  4. Campaigns are extremely short, about an hour at most each.
  5. Standard battles completely vary between characters
  6. Each campaign has the same plot but different dialog
  7. Two bosses, one at the end of the enemy swarm and one at the end, doesn't change at all (aside from Fishbunjin's final boss, where he gets an overpowered super form for the final boss fight, though there's no way I know of to use this in regular play)
  8. Unlockables are hidden in the platforming stages - character profiles, tutorial tips, music tracks, and alt costumes (with the exception of skinny Fishbunjin, which is unlocked simply by beating him in Remedy's story mode)
  9. You'll occasionally be forced to use a specific alt costume for plot reasons (specifically, Masked Ruby's idol singer alter ego Rubibi)
  10. Each campaign ends with a single-image epilogue. (think Smash 64 arcade clear)
  11. Uses HP instead of knockback KOs.

Last edited:

LimeTH

Smash Lord
Here's a prompt for you all:
Pick a boss battle to rep each (or most) show with a character, and optionally one or two for shows without characters.
Not gonna do all of them (some really don't lend themselves to this sort of thing and some I just don't know that much about) but I'll try as many as I can

Spongebob: Tough pick, either the Alaskan Bullworm, ManRay, Bucket Helmeted King Neptune, or the giant Robot Spongebob from BFBB
Avatar: Fire Lord Ozai or Koh the Face Stealer
Rugrats: Mecha Reptar
Ren and Stimpy: Kowalski or those wrestlers.
Invader ZIM: TAK, Sizz-Lor or the Planet Jackers
Danny Phantom: Dark Danny
Jimmy Neutron: Poultra or Professor Calamitus' mech
Loud House: Morag
TMNT: Bebop and Rocksteady
Teenage Robot: Smytus or Armagedroid (I'd rather Vexus be playable)

BONUS
Fairly OddParents: Supreme Ruler Crocker or the Overlord Vicky from Channel Chasers
Angry Beavers: Ol' Gramps, Baron von Bad Beaver, or one of the monsters from the Halloween special

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I'm not really expecting a story mode. Nick wouldn't even let them write their own dialogue for arcade mode. A story mode is pretty much out of the question.

Torgo the Bear

Smash Lord
the country where the pretty girls are from
NNID
u2outofcontrol
Switch FC
SW-1209-7008-3905
I'm not really expecting a story mode. Nick wouldn't even let them write their own dialogue for arcade mode. A story mode is pretty much out of the question.
We don't even know if they got a bigger budget this time or not yet. I feel like this is actually a reasonable prediction.

Sammerbro44

Smash Apprentice
Pick a boss battle to rep each (or most) show with a character, and optionally one or two for shows without characters.
Love this idea! Just off the top of my head:
Spongebob Squarepants: The Dirty Bubble, King Jellyfish, The Flying Dutchman, or Doodlebob in the Doodle Dimension
Danny Phantom: Technus, Desiree, or that Ghost Dog
Avatar: Hei Bai's spirit world form (that giant four legged monster thing)
Jimmy Neutron: The McSpanky's Flying Restaurant or The Nanobots Piloting a Mech
My Life as a Teenage Robot: The Space Bikers or Killgore (SURRENDER!!)
Fairly Oddparents: Norm the Genie or The Bronze Kneecap
El Tigre: The Titanium Titan or Sartana of the Dead (though I'd rather see her be playable)

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
We don't even know if they got a bigger budget this time or not yet. I feel like this is actually a reasonable prediction.
They can't really do a story mode if the characters are just gonna say random quotes from the shows that make no sense in the context of the situation.

Torgo the Bear

Smash Lord
the country where the pretty girls are from
NNID
u2outofcontrol
Switch FC
SW-1209-7008-3905
They can't really do a story mode if the characters are just gonna say random quotes from the shows that make no sense in the context of the situation.
First of all, if they get a higher budget (which seems rather likely given the buff Kart Racers 3 was handed out), then they'd likely actually get proper voice lines.
Second, even if they didn't, I don't think you need voice lines if it's as simple as Slap City's story mode, which feels like a logical frame of reference.
And third, must you really continue to only bring negativity? We're just trying to have a bit of fun with possible speculation, realistic or no.

PK-remling Fire

Smash Ace
I'll do a few that I know of:
Spongebob characters: Giant Robot Spongebob from BFBB
Jimmy Neutron characters: Poultron
Reptar: The giant mecha snail from the Rugrats in Paris movie (forgot its name)
CatDog: The Greaser Dogs
El Tigre: Sartana of the Dead
Garfield: Jon (lol)

I mean, they don't even need a proper story mode if dialog's an issue. If they made it a Melee-style Adventure mode with a themed boss at the end and maybe a few other single player modes (i.e. Break the Targets and Homerun Smash), I feel like that would be great on its own to retain solo players.

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Spongebob: The Alaskin Bullworm or The Flying Dutchman(you could fight him on his ship which is a stage)
TMNT: The Technodrome or Kraang
The Loud House: The Dragon from the movie
Danny Phantom: The Genie or Overgrowth
Invader ZIM: Sizz-Lor or Tak
Rugrats: The Snail Monster(represented in Rugrats in Paris)
Jimmy Neutron: Poultra
Ren & Stimpy: Jerry the Magic Belly Button Elf
CatDog: The Greaser Dogs
My Life as a Teenage Robot: Armagedroid(He was in the stage as a background cameo

Edit at 7/9/23 at 8:25 PM: Added a TMNT Boss idea and fixed the alaskin bullworms name.

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
I wouldn't necessarily want them, but I had a few ideas for some clones/echo fighters for existing characters. My rules were they have to be a different character, no "Abrasive SpongeBobs" allowed, and they couldn't be just a one-off gag, like "Patrick Not-Star."

Danny Phantom > Dani Phantom (His 12-year old genderswapped clone from the episode "Kindred Spirits." She could be a faster version of Danny but with stubbier attacks.)
Aang > Tenzin (His son from Legend of Korra. He'd be the opposite of Dani, where he'd be a taller, heavier, slower Aang, without his Avatar state ability. I'd rather them do this if they change up Aang for people who like the old playstyle.)
El Tigre > La Tigresa (Frida's alter ego when she borrowed Manny's El Tigre belt in the episode "La Tigresa." She could be a straight up identical clone if they wanted, or they could make her more Ken-esque where she has a few different moves from her style of fighting.)
SpongeBob > SpongeGar (The prehistoric ancestor to SpongeBob from the iconic episode "Ugh." He'd be a more unga-bunga hard-hitting version of SpongeBob, and could even have a unique move where he attacks with his club.)
Jimmy Neutron > Evil Jimmy (Initially created in the episode "The Trouble with Clones." I imagine he would be a Ken-esque version of Jimmy in that he'd have some more unique attributes to his attacks, heck he could even use a few different inventions."

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
I'd love SpongeGar to show up in some form, that was my favourite episode as a kid. (though admittedly I think that was less because it was funny (which it is) and more because the colour scheme of the prehistoric environment fascinated me)

Now I think about it, Ugh stage with Fwee Fwee hazard.

Last edited:

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord
I'm still thinking very end of the !month
not to get hopes raised for no reason again but there is an Xbox Showcase tomorrow
Xbox got to "reveal" (or lackthereof) Aang and Korra and had NickBrawl SpongeBob and Leonardo themed Xbox Series X's made before the game released
Plus CatDog and April were revealed at a game presentation before
Apparently the showcase is in collaboration with IGN as well, and we've gotten plenty of exclusive reveals about NickBrawl from them
Again, not a guarantee at all but doesn't seem too improbable?

Top Bottom