• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl General Thread - All Star Brawl 2 Available Today!

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I think RMC's changes are temporary since competitive players think turning off its hazards make it a better FD than Harmonic.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
And Rocko better go "WHAAAAAAAT" while his face enlarges and degrades in quality.
I pity anyone who doesn't know what the **** we're taking about
Oh my god it actually happened.
The move's even called "WHAAAAAAT" and everything.
Anyway, Rocko looks great, defo gonna try him soon. His stage also looks cool; you can tell they put a lot of effort into it (and it's also not tourney legal, for those who care about that).
Am I the only one who's happy they ditched the hazards on RWC? I always found the gravestones really annoying and not very fun to play around compared to other hazards.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Yeah, Harmonic is really long so I can understand the change.

Royal Woods was certainly one of the better casual stages, but I think this change is for the best. Rocko's stage sharing a gimmick with Ghost Zone makes me think those ceilings are gonna be torn out sooner or later.

Last edited:

dlewis53

Smash Lord
Can anyone confirm if one of Rocko's quotes is him shouting "SPUNKY!"?

Also not sure how to feel about Cemetery's change.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Looks like either a stage hazard toggle is in the works, or Harmonic Convergence is being completely revamped and modified in the next patch to make it less of a FD clone.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Can anyone confirm if one of Rocko's quotes is him shouting "SPUNKY!"?
It is.

Anyway Rocko just feels kind of basic compared to the previous DLC characters. Like he's just like playing Zim with Lincoln's top.

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Long as it's still tournament legal. I liked having each series be different for comp stages, and Avatar is a huge series; imo we need a comp-ready Avatar franchise stage. Also HC has one of the best songs in the game soooo

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord
played Rocko some, he's not my favorite kind of character but I really appreciate him being in the roster both from a character standpoint and a gameplay standpoint. He feels like a character meant to slow down game speed and I think it's good to have characters like that in a fighting game on occasion, especially in NASB. It's also good it's a more hardcore fanbase character rather than a popular request (I know Rocko was a top request but I'm trying to say I'm glad this isn't a Pac-Man situation where they make a character highly requested by players of all demographics kinda complicated while Rocko is gonna most be appreciated by an older crowd anyways. Hugh's like the inverse of Pac-Man where he's highly requested but also pretty easy to pick up and play due to his forgiving recovery options and generally slower nature of play)

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
He feels like a character meant to slow down game speed and I think it's good to have characters like that in a fighting game on occasion, especially in NASB
Admittedly I do think wanting everyone to be a rushdowner is kind of dumb when competitive Melee isn't purely rushdown. See: The fact that Samus is viable due to her equal matchup with Fox.

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord
I’m just gonna put it out there- my most wanted left field pick for this game would be someone from US Acres. I know it’s just because I have nostalgia for Garfield and Friends, but I think someone like Orson, Roy, or Wade would be a really fun addition to the game.
Mine is Jennika…the fifth TMNT….needless to say I’m not expecting her anytime soon lol

Anyways new Kart Racers 3 pics show off a bunch of assists, there’s some prominent characters in there https://twitter.com/jimmybrawl/status/1578448510864609280?s=46&t=ouJA_e_7ogX0Cnzy8as0Uw

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I’m just gonna put it out there- my most wanted left field pick for this game would be someone from US Acres. I know it’s just because I have nostalgia for Garfield and Friends, but I think someone like Orson, Roy, or Wade would be a really fun addition to the game.
wade would be amazing

Torgo the Bear

Smash Lord
NNID
u2outofcontrol
Switch FC
SW-1209-7008-3905

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I wonder what show Sahara is supposed to be from.

Also sheesh, still no Tommy or Angelica... I really hope they didn't end up cut.
At this point, they are cut. We already know the full roster. And the Sahara track is from the Rugrats, more specifically the reboot.

Last edited:

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
Hopefully that's just a bug and not something that sticks.
It's not a bug, since it's listed in the patch notes.

If they really want to keep it has having no effective RNG, there should at least be a chance of him being 180 degrees rotated, so that he appears upside down but is essentially facing the same angle.

Last edited:

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Hey Guys, i've seen Rocko's Showcase today and the game updated for him unfortunately i don't have the game with me due to loaning it to my nephew(he didn't want to give it back).

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
Was wondering why the RWC gravestones were gone, it's a shame... (and I care way more about RWC than I ever did about Korra Can't they just add a stage hazard toggle?). Still super happy with Rocko's stage, though! Unique, and brings some of that fun Temple mayhem to the game!

Yeah, Harmonic is really long so I can understand the change.

Royal Woods was certainly one of the better casual stages, but I think this change is for the best. Rocko's stage sharing a gimmick with Ghost Zone makes me think those ceilings are gonna be torn out sooner or later.
Sure, let's just remove what actually makes these stages unique for the sake of tourney play... we already have a general lack of good casual stages, why take a step forward and three steps back?

Last edited:

dlewis53

Smash Lord
Question: Has anyone here figured out an effective way to use Rocko's jackhammer?

Because whenever I use it, it usually either hits me as much as my opponent or even ends up hitting me and me alone.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Question: Has anyone here figured out an effective way to use Rocko's jackhammer?

Because whenever I use it, it usually either hits me as much as my opponent or even ends up hitting me and me alone.
I believe the pattern is consistentl, you just need to remember it. I think stacking Spunky makes it faster but doesn't change the pattern or power.

Top Bottom