• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl General Thread - All Star Brawl 2 Available Today!

Geoffrey Druyts

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1993-7715-4423
Switch FC
SW-6723-8387-1403
My personal guess is that the launch roster (minus the pre-order dlc chars) will have a total of 42 characters. Even though the website says the game will have 40 characters, they could always surprise us with 2 bonus characters. The original Best Buy listings, alongside other listings like on Nintendo's website mention that there's gonna be over 40 characters:

nkr3 over 40.PNG

You could say, "wouldn't Zuko and Comic Ralph count as the 2 bonus characters?" I would have to say, no. The description is specifically for the base game, not the game + the pre-order bonus. If the description of the base game says there's gonna be 40+ characters, then I believe the game should actually have atleast one more character in the game instead of just being 40 characters, cuz otherwise they'd be false advertising.

Not saying that it's not possible that the game will only have 40 characters and that the descriptions on Best Buy are slightly false, but I'm just wishful thinking.

Cutting Tommy and Angelica in favor of spongebob spin-off characters while also adding in Purple Reptar and Susie makes no sense, even for Nickelodeon.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
My personal guess is that the launch roster (minus the pre-order dlc chars) will have a total of 42 characters. Even though the website says the game will have 40 characters, they could always surprise us with 2 bonus characters. The original Best Buy listings, alongside other listings like on Nintendo's website mention that there's gonna be over 40 characters:

View attachment 361767

You could say, "wouldn't Zuko and Comic Ralph count as the 2 bonus characters?" I would have to say, no. The description is specifically for the base game, not the game + the pre-order bonus. If the description of the base game says there's gonna be 40+ characters, then I believe the game should actually have atleast one more character in the game instead of just being 40 characters, cuz otherwise they'd be false advertising.

Not saying that it's not possible that the game will only have 40 characters and that the descriptions on Best Buy are slightly false, but I'm just wishful thinking.

Cutting Tommy and Angelica in favor of spongebob spin-off characters while also adding in Purple Reptar and Susie makes no sense, even for Nickelodeon.
The PlayStation port of Final Doom is guilty of that, so it could happen.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
People need to remember this is the same social media account whose same silhouette guessing game included a black square.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
People need to remember this is the same social media account whose same silhouette guessing game included a black square.
And not only was this social media account doing a little trolling, but the devs' character choices are a lot safer compared to NASB. They only added Oblina when NASB made it okay to acknowledge the other Klasky-Csupo Nicktoons, they only added Jimmy Neutron when Nick finally remembered people can be nostalgic for it, and the closest the series has to modern representation are The Loud House and franchises that existed before the 2010's (wait, that's true for NASB too but it still happens regardless of how safe or crazy the roster is). Because of this, it makes zero sense to exclude Tommy and Angelica.

Geoffrey Druyts

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1993-7715-4423
Switch FC
SW-6723-8387-1403
A black square AND a tweet with only 4 capitalised letters:

And they said that this is the final guessing game.
They could easily reveal Tommy and Angelica during the week just like they did with Odie.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
There's also a possibility that they're already planning to do some DLC and so they kept Heffer, Angelica and Tommy out to add them later. It would be scummy but there's already Zuko as preorder bonus so I wouldn't be shocked if DLC are coming.

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
I mean, Purple Reptar is a thing. Maybe these "new" characters are Abrasive Spongebob and some kind of Patrick variant? (nothing comes to mind other than his title show outfit)

Geoffrey Druyts

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1993-7715-4423
Switch FC
SW-6723-8387-1403
They never said they were new characters in either tweet, so I think they're just messing with us by showing SpongeBob and Patrick again.
Maybe these "new" characters are Abrasive Spongebob and some kind of Patrick variant? (nothing comes to mind other than his title show outfit)
The shape of the shoe (shadow at bottom right) is too different from Classic SpongeBob/Abrasive SpongeBob, so that one is most likely Kamp Koral SpongeBob.

The top right shadow is most likely gonna be The Patrick Star Show Patrick, cuz the Patrick from that show isn't much different from Classic Patrick.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
The leg and arm are too small for it to be the regular SpongeBob and Patrick. These are their younger selves from Kamp Koral.
I mean, SpongeBob is already horribly off-model in these games, so...?

Also I dunno how you can tell the size of Patrick's arm, if it even is his arm, when there's nothing else but the arm present

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord
dude are you serious

riley is never right

why would he be right this time
Hehe um

Remember a couple weeks ago when someone offhandedly mentioned they thought they saw Kamp Koral Patrick?

Squidina is clearly bottom left, I’m willing to bet top right is Kamp Koral Patrick and bottom right certainly looks like young SpongeBob’s shoe….

For once Riley may actually be right, which is quite a turn of events

D

Deleted member

Leaving out Tommy and Angelica when we've got Chukie and Suzie would be so bizzare so if it is kid Spongebob and Patrick I assume it's either that they are skins or were getting more than 40 characters

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Leaving out Tommy and Angelica when we've got Chukie and Suzie would be so bizzare so if it is kid Spongebob and Patrick I assume it's either that they are skins or were getting more than 40 characters
It appears that the roster is indeed going to be 40 racers, 42 if you're counting Comic Raphael and Zuko.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
the Loud House is gonna surpass Rugrats in episode count by the end of next year. Looks like Lincoln wanted to flex on him early xP
It was inevitable anyway. Rugrats was forced to end at one point because it hit Nick's 65 episode limit it had at one time, so it has less episodes than various other shows that lasted as long as it or in TLH's case are even younger than Rugrats was when it ended.

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord
It was inevitable anyway. Rugrats was forced to end at one point because it hit Nick's 65 episode limit it had at one time, so it has less episodes than various other shows that lasted as long as it or in TLH's case are even younger than Rugrats was when it ended.
by 65 episode limit do you mean like 2 12ish minute episodes count as 1?

LimeTH

Smash Lord
Yes. The 65 episode limit was so syndicators would have 13 Monday-Friday weeks worth of content, it was normal for kids' shows at the time.
Rugrats has 172 episodes. Popularity can override syndication limits.

LimeTH

Smash Lord
Even then, the idea they'd take out Tommy and Angelica, the two main characters, in favor of Chuckie and Suzie is frankly kind of insane. Chuckie is one thing since he's always gotten a lot of spotlight, but up until the reboot, Suzie was a side character.

There are valid excuses for Heffer and Shredder, but Tommy and Angelica make zero sense. You can't even use Hugh as an argument here, there's no real way to spin it in a way that makes sense.

I'm gonna wager they're still there somewhere and we just missed something. They've been in every Nick Kart game so far, and weren't they in one of the leaked roster images? ****in' Jojo Siwa gets to come back but not Tommy Pickles? Yeah right.

Last edited:

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord
I'm gonna wager they're still there somewhere and we just missed something. They've been in every Nick Kart game so far, and weren't they in one of the leaked roster images? ****in' Jojo Siwa gets to come back but not Tommy Pickles? Yeah right.
I'm getting flashbacks to the days of "the TMNT have never been separated in a game before!"

not that this isn't a much stranger decision if they really aren't in but we'll see

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Even then, the idea they'd take out Tommy and Angelica, the two main characters, in favor of Chuckie and Suzie is frankly kind of insane. Chuckie is one thing since he's always gotten a lot of spotlight, but up until the reboot, Suzie was a side character.

There are valid excuses for Heffer and Shredder, but Tommy and Angelica make zero sense. You can't even use Hugh as an argument here, there's no real way to spin it in a way that makes sense.

Tommy and Angelica were never shown. We’ve only seen their karts, and those might not even be their karts anymore.

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord
Nick game rosters, man. Never know what youre gonna get anymore.

well we can always guess :4pacman:

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord
Happy 1 Year Anniversary to Nickelodeon All Star Brawl! Can't believe this thread has been around for well over a year now, it's been a great time all and all and I'm glad to see the game continue to get better over time (even if incrementally :dedede: )

So have some prompts to celebrate the occasion (you don't have to answer all of these, they're just examples):

Who do you enjoy playing the most? (For me would be Oblina)
Who do you enjoy playing the least? (Probably Rocko since I haven't played him yet :4pacman:)

What was your favorite NASB meme pre-release? (any of those silhouette memes that were just absurd, those were the best)

What is your favorite NASB meme post-release? (the NASB Sweep meme that caught on when MVS first came out and NASB players were on top)

Are you happy with the game overall or do you think there's still room for improvement? (I'm content with the game as is, but probably because I'm anticipating them to make major adjustments/improvements over the next year or so or just moving on to a sequel altogether)

Should this game be improved upon or should the developers continue onward to a sequel instead? (I would personally vouch for a sequel, simply due to the current game not being favorable for a lot of people even after major improvements and changes, it would probably be better to start fresh. Plus a new budget would probably give a pretty good chance of improved visual design/graphical finesse)

That's all, you can go reminisce on Sora now lol

dlewis53

Smash Lord
Happy 1 Year Anniversary to Nickelodeon All Star Brawl! Can't believe this thread has been around for well over a year now, it's been a great time all and all and I'm glad to see the game continue to get better over time (even if incrementally :dedede: )

So have some prompts to celebrate the occasion (you don't have to answer all of these, they're just examples):

Who do you enjoy playing the least? (Probably Rocko since I haven't played him yet :4pacman:)

What was your favorite NASB meme pre-release? (any of those silhouette memes that were just absurd, those were the best)

What is your favorite NASB meme post-release? (the NASB Sweep meme that caught on when MVS first came out and NASB players were on top)

Are you happy with the game overall or do you think there's still room for improvement? (I'm content with the game as is, but probably because I'm anticipating them to make major adjustments/improvements over the next year or so or just moving on to a sequel altogether)

Should this game be improved upon or should the developers continue onward to a sequel instead? (I would personally vouch for a sequel, simply due to the current game not being favorable for a lot of people even after major improvements and changes, it would probably be better to start fresh. Plus a new budget would probably give a pretty good chance of improved visual design/graphical finesse)

Favorite Character: Danny Phantom

Least-Favorite Character: Patrick Star (though I do still enjoy playing him; he's just the least-favorite by default)

Don't really care much for memes.

Personally, I'm still enjoying the game; it's still fun to play, and the voice-acting adds a good deal of charm.

As for whether I'd want them to continue with this game or work on a sequel, eh, I'm not sure how a sequel would go, so for now I'm gonna say "stick with the current game".

...Also, that's kind of cheating putting Rocko as your least-favorite, QG! :p

Last edited:

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord
Favorite Character: Danny Phantom

Least-Favorite Character: Patrick Star (though I do still enjoy playing him; he's just the least-favorite by default)

Don't really care much for memes.

Personally, I'm still enjoying the game; it's still fun to play, and the voice-acting adds a good deal of charm.

As for whether I'd want them to continue with this game or work on a sequel, eh, I'm not sure how a sequel would go, so for now I'm gonna say "stick with the current game".

...Also, that's kind of cheating putting Rocko as your least-favorite, QG! :p
Yeah you’re right, I guess I’d say my least favorite to play that’s currently in the game is either Aang or Danny, but even then I don’t dislike playing as anyone really

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion

Favorite Character(s): Danny Phantom, Lincoln Loud, Nigel Thornberry
Least Favorite Character(s): Korra

Favorite Pre-release meme: Pretty much all of the character gags, like the hitboxes on the Squidward kick, a character on fire getting "ko'd by Zuko's forward Smash", "RUDY, CHECK THE PATCH NOTES, WE'VE BEEN NERFED!", etc!
Favorite post-release meme: Not really sure, that's when all of the creativity in that regard died down.

I still think there's a LOT of room for improvement, but at the same time it's still a very fun game that really suffered from low budget and high price tag. Kart Racers 3 does show that Nick's pumping more money into their games, so that'll no doubt seep into All Star Brawl or a potential sequel.

I'm torn on a sequel. While it would be a fresh new starting point that could add a ton/give the Nick Brawl franchise a second chance, I feel like it's too soon (I'm not ready for this game to end support yet). The first game has only been around for a year, and I wouldn't want to pay for another full $50 game again only a couple of years after the first. I wanna see them do all they can with Nick Brawl before jumping into a sequel, whether it be more characters or new modes. Plus, all of the stuff they make now can easily be reused in the next game anyway, so in a way they're already helping produce the sequel! Either way a sequel will get a higher budget, all it needs is more content for non-competitive (and more content in general) and a lower price tag and I think it will make more waves!

Last edited:

Torgo the Bear

Smash Lord
NNID
u2outofcontrol
Switch FC
SW-1209-7008-3905
Favorite character is Garfield, followed closely by Jenny and Reptar. Least favorite is Oblina…

I also feel like this game could really benefit from a sequel, especially if it was marketed with the popular request features that were added to this one through updates. But I also agree that it’s way too early to really consider that. I won’t be surprised if Rocko finishes the game for us, but I hope he doesn’t.

Top Bottom