• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl General Thread - All Star Brawl 2 Available Today!

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Plot Twist: We get Venus de Milo

We all get rekt and everyone is unhappy
I, for one, welcome our female turtle overlord.
Honestly, this wouldn't shock me all that much. Most game rosters these days have one completely random pick that barely anyone demanded, it's like the 90s all over again.

Last edited:

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord
So from what I'm gathering in the Discord, anything relating to Garfield and Shredder has been scrubbed from the files BUT Rocksteady was not. Since this implies they have no intention of hiding him, I'm inclined to believe he's scrapped content and nothing more

Wigglerman

Smash Ace
So from what I'm gathering in the Discord, anything relating to Garfield and Shredder has been scrubbed from the files BUT Rocksteady was not. Since this implies they have no intention of hiding him, I'm inclined to believe he's scrapped content and nothing more
Or clever misdirection by leading us to assume he's fully scrapped by leaving the evidence in plain sight when in reality he was DLC all along!

/tin foil hat slips

LimeTH

Smash Lord
So it was really just to keep the datamined stuff from spreading any further.... and fixing Sandy's jab? Are there no other fixes beyond that?

What about the Double Dare stage? That gone too?

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Hey Guys, I decided to Buy Nick All-Star Brawl at my local Walmart so that i can play it,

Yeeeeeaaaaahhhhhh...............At What Cost?

amageish

Smash Master
Interesting. There's a lot of TMNT content to consider, so I'm not surprised they were torn on who to include. They mentioned watching every episode of the 80s show to design April too, which I imagine kept it fresh in their minds too.

View attachment 333748

apparently this patch dropped unbeknownst to Rep. Huh
It sometimes feels like the different teams developing this game could maybe use more coordinated communication haha. 😅

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
My local twin city's Gamestop said that it would receive it in stores a couple days back, so it should be there when I check on Sunday.

Interesting. There's a lot of TMNT content to consider, so I'm not surprised they were torn on who to include. They mentioned watching every episode of the 80s show to design April too, which I imagine kept it fresh in their minds too.

It sometimes feels like the different teams developing this game could maybe use more coordinated communication haha. 😅
I think they'll dismiss the leak entirely until they decide/are able to use him. Garfield's leak never got any notice from them until recent events.

At any rate, getting April in this early seemed to be the best compromise, given the synergy this created with the April reveal for Shredder's Revenge.

Last edited:

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Some more updates on the game, I played Through the TMNT cast and Leo's Swords make a slash sound, which was something that wasn't in the original showcase.

Did they add that when the game was released or was it in the patch?

dlewis53

Smash Lord
View attachment 333753
I finally got it and from another store.

Was This the Right Thing to do?
Well, if you didn't already pre-order the game, then I'd say so.

Me? If it gets to the point that my local Gamestop doesn't have the game by the time Sora drops in Smash Ultimate, I'm gonna legitimately consider trying to get a refund and just buy the digital version.

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Well, if you didn't already pre-order the game, then I'd say so.

Me? If it gets to the point that my local Gamestop doesn't have the game by the time Sora drops in Smash Ultimate, I'm gonna legitimately consider trying to get a refund and just buy the digital version.
Well, Let's Hope you get your order in soon. I'll probably see if i can use my returned cash for Metroid: Dread.

Also, The Music on CatDog's House sounds a little different to me compared to how i original thought it sounded like

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
This might not be of interest to everyone, but a couple of dedicated folks just released the first complete voicepack for this game! Steambros, this one's for you!
Just a heads up-this should be considered a starter pack for voice mods rather than the single one you should download. Download and install it, and then do the same for individual character voice mods on Gamebanana, which don't cover the whole roster but have a better amount of clips. The ones for Spongebob, Sandy, and Zim are done especially well.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Just a heads up-this should be considered a starter pack for voice mods rather than the single one you should download. Download and install it, and then do the same for individual character voice mods on Gamebanana, which don't cover the whole roster but have a better amount of clips. The ones for Spongebob, Sandy, and Zim are done especially well.
Duly noted. Thanks for the tip! I've already gone and installed every individual voicepack I could find since this one can be kinda samey and repetitive. That said, it is good for filling in the gaps for characters that don't have individual voicepacks yet.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Well, Let's Hope you get your order in soon. I'll probably see if i can use my returned cash for Metroid: Dread.

Also, The Music on CatDog's House sounds a little different to me compared to how i original thought it sounded like
Edit: Good news and bad news. Due to unplanned circumstances, I got to Gamestop a day early, but it's not carrying the game yet either. However the clerk helpfully informed me that it should be arriving on the 12th. Also, I picked up my copy of Doki Doki Literature Club, so it wasn't a wasted trip.

I don't constantly go to stores very much right now, so I'm willing to wait still. Compared to the delay for Shredder's Revenge, this is nothing.

Besides, it'll take a while before we get much content anyways.

Some more updates on the game, I played Through the TMNT cast and Leo's Swords make a slash sound, which was something that wasn't in the original showcase.

Did they add that when the game was released or was it in the patch?
This was added from launch, yes. Also, please mind the double-posting.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Big name site reviews are finally coming in.

https://www.nintendolife.com/reviews/nintendo-switch/nickelodeon-all-star-brawl

Honestly, I expected this grade. It would be a bit much to assume they'd wait until after the game got enough polish and content a year later, but a 7 is at least fair enough to pass.

It'd be cool if we got a complete edition that gets treated more fairly at some point, though.

Also, some fan art of fan wants that I came across:

Edit: There used to be something else here, but it's been removed to prevent further embarassment.

Last edited:

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Last Night, i played through the online and i got bodied by a Lincoln Loud Player, I gave him some damage but he still didn't give me a chance.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
You know that image was intended as satire, right?
Seeing as it's on the memes website, I should have figured. So much for doing a good gesture. 🤦‍♂️

Last Night, i played through the online and i got bodied by a Lincoln Loud Player, I gave him some damage but he still didn't give me a chance.
Yeah, with this game's burgeoning competitive scene, odds are like you'll run into expert (if not pro) players from time to time.

Last edited:

amageish

Smash Master
Big name site reviews are finally coming in.

https://www.nintendolife.com/reviews/nintendo-switch/nickelodeon-all-star-brawl

Honestly, I expected this grade. It would be a bit much to assume they'd wait until after the game got enough polish and content a year later, but a 7 is at least fair enough to pass.

It'd be cool if we got a complete edition that gets treated more fairly at some point, though.
I think that's a pretty fair review - Alex in the video version even makes a side-comment about how he feels it's awkward to review a game that clearly has the potential be be excellent when it is in a good-but-not-great state. I do like how Alex also acknowledges that platform fighters are a genre, as so many reviews just compare it to Smash and call it a Smash clone and act as if the only standard it should be held to is "Should you never play Smash Ultimate again and play this instead?".

Also, some fan art of fan wants that I came across:
You know, once we're into the DLC cycle and the marketing team is more, you know, prepared, it'd be cool to get some basic Smash-style trailers with puns like that Luan one has. They can be done in-engine like the Sm4sh DLC ones were done to save money...

Top Bottom