• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl General Thread - All Star Brawl 2 Available Today!

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Powdered Toast Man's voice actors passed away so they have to be replaced
Nicktoons MLB has a replacement VA already, Corey Burton. Christine Cavanaugh has been replaced on Rugrats by Nancy Cartwright after she retired, but Cartwright's never done Oblina.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Yeah, I assume the Goku comment was said for press purposes and less so for pragmatic future plans reason. I do wonder if Viacom IPs that Nick is working with like Star Trek will count now that I seriously think about it though... Like, it would be very stupid and bizarre and weird, but Janeway or a Prodigy OC would technically check off all the same boxes as characters in the base roster!

Not expecting them for a month or so. I am curious how they will space out the DLC, as they have a lot of stuff in the works, but they probably want to start balancing the workload between all-new DLC characters and finishing the postphoned content, as to ensure content is continuously releasing, as opposed to dropping all the delayed-from-base-game content and then having nothing for like 5 months.
At the latest, I could see them save the announcement for the Game Awards, although I'm not sure if they'd formally announce the upcoming DLC support within the same breathd.

Actually, yes they can. The current version of voice mods can add voice clips to anything, including being hit, dying (including having different voice lines for dying off different sides of the stage), and any attack. In addition, the current version of voice mods has compatibility for having more than one line per attack, including adding silent clips so that the lines don't play every time.

This video is a much more accurate portrayal of voice mods as they currently stand. The video I recorded was just chaos for the sake of chaos.
Compared to sifting through the entire '87 TMNT cartoon to provide voice clips for a beat 'em up fangame, modding for a crossover is relatively simple, really.

So because i'm bored, i decided to check how likely is every character to have their original va reprise the role

POSSIBLE
  • All spongebob characters usually retain their VAs so i think these are safe choices. There is only one tricky character in this regard but he isn't in the game yet
  • Janet Varney as Korra feels like a safe return, she did reprise the role in the Smite collab (and was the only one to do so btw)
  • Jessica DiCicco as Lucy also feels like a safe guess.
  • Cam Clarke is still active and i can see him reprising Leo but it's been a while
  • Richard Horvitz would probably be down, this whole nonsense started after he was asked if he was voicing Zim in this game i think
  • If you have Tom Kenny back for Spongebob then Dog is covered. That leaves Jim Cummings for Cat.
  • Billy West for Ren and Stimpy could be possible. Lol imagine if we got John K instead
NOT HAPPENING
  • Oblina and Powdered Toast Man's voice actors passed away so they have to be replaced
  • Aang's original VA was a kid and hit puberty so also has to be replaced
UNSURE
  • Does anyone know if David Kaufman is still active for Danny?
  • Francesca Marie Smith retired from voice acting but she still came back to voice Helga for the movie. Maybe she can do it for this game too? Who knows
  • Lincoln is usually voiced by child actors and changes once they hit puberty so i guess whoever is the latest one will voice Lincoln
  • AFAIK, Reptar has no voice
  • Not sure if whoever voiced Mikey and April are still active
  • Tim Curry is a big one. He had a stroke that made him retire from voice acting but he could come back in theory
  • Toph was also voice by a child actress but maybe she can return if feasable. I dunno
Rob Paulsen still does stuff, so he can safely reprise Mikey (and Shredder, if need be, since James Avery died years ago).

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Rob Paulsen was Raphael. Townsend Coleman was Mikey's 87 voice actor.

I figure for some characters like Aang, Oblina, Nigel etc, they could pick up grunts and quotes from archive recordings.
Right, I mixed them up. Though Townsend Coleman did indeed do Shredder for a period.

It'd be highly amusing if Jim Cummings reprised Shredder, but he's likelier to do Cat.

Last edited:

amageish

Smash Master
At the latest, I could see them save the announcement for the Game Awards, although I'm not sure if they'd formally announce the upcoming DLC support within the same breathd.
Yeah, we'll see if the marketing team can get their ducks in enough of a row by the team DLC rolls around. It really feels like Game Mill was still skeptical of the game's success (especially WRT the way Rep's comments about risk of datamining were dismissed), when, uh...
1633652140199.png

1633652170195.png

I'm thinking the game is doing better then their last game!

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
So because i'm bored, i decided to check how likely is every character to have their original va reprise the role

POSSIBLE
  • All spongebob characters usually retain their VAs so i think these are safe choices. There is only one tricky character in this regard but he isn't in the game yet
  • Janet Varney as Korra feels like a safe return, she did reprise the role in the Smite collab (and was the only one to do so btw)
  • Cam Clarke is still active and i can see him reprising Leo but it's been a while
  • Richard Horvitz would probably be down, this whole nonsense started after he was asked if he was voicing Zim in this game i think
  • If you have Tom Kenny back for Spongebob then Dog is covered. That leaves Jim Cummings for Cat.
  • Billy West for Ren and Stimpy could be possible. Lol imagine if we got John K instead
NOT HAPPENING
  • Oblina and Powdered Toast Man's voice actors passed away so they have to be replaced
UNSURE
  • Francesca Marie Smith retired from voice acting but she still came back to voice Helga for the movie. Maybe she can do it for this game too? Who knows
  • Lincoln is usually voiced by child actors and changes once they hit puberty so i guess whoever is the latest one will voice Lincoln
  • Tim Curry is a big one. He had a stroke that made him retire from voice acting but he could come back in theory
  • Toph was also voice by a child actress but maybe she can return if feasable. I dunno
Tim Curry only stopped doing on camera work. He still does voice over performances, actually!

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Yeah, we'll see if the marketing team can get their ducks in enough of a row by the team DLC rolls around. It really feels like Game Mill was still skeptical of the game's success (especially WRT the way Rep's comments about risk of datamining were dismissed), when, uh...
View attachment 333649
View attachment 333651
This kills the Bamtang.

But yeah, Game Mill were completely caught by surprise by this turn of events. Their DLC plans be like

RileyXY1

Smash Hero

POSSIBLE
NOT HAPPENING
UNSURE
I expect them to get someone like Elizabeth Daily, Tara Strong, or Kath Soucie to voice Lincoln here.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
AFAIK, Reptar has no voice
"Halt! I am Reptar!" Although I can imagine them pulling a Smash Bowser and using stock monster roars, too.
That creepy ******* would never agree to it anyway. He'd probably have a heart attack over Ren, Stimpy and PTM in 3D, then he'd write a pissy blog post about it.
While still incorporating the animation corner-cuts he supposedly dislikes into his newer works. Just look at Cans Wi-actually, don't.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Honestly, I really wouldn't give a **** if Krisfaluci or Hartman were involved. A quality product is a quality product, no matter who made it or who's getting the money.
Agreed, but I still doubt John K. is going to be part of this in any way. He's not involved with the Comedy Central reboot, why would he be with this?

Wigglerman

Smash Ace
Honestly, I really wouldn't give a **** if Krisfaluci or Hartman were involved. A quality product is a quality product, no matter who made it or who's getting the money.
Separate art from artist is what I go by. So yeah, if we can make the game better even if it means collaborating with folks that might not be in everyones favor and it would make the game a better product than if we hadn't otherwise? Let's do it.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
"Halt! I am Reptar!" Although I can imagine them pulling a Smash Bowser and using stock monster roars, too.
RAWR

At any rate, Reptar would take the least amount of work, and that's a good thing.

Agreed, but I still doubt John K. is going to be part of this in any way. He's not involved with the Comedy Central reboot, why would he be with this?
Because hypotheticals are taken literally around here for some reason. It's "What If?", not "It Will".

Last edited:

ivanlerma

Smash Champion

POSSIBLE
NOT HAPPENING
UNSURE
In terms of Danny, if they don't get David Kaufman. Then i'd recommend seeing them pitching Nicholas Andrew Louie
A Voice Actor and Impressionist who's played in small video games and web series' He's even played Danny Phantom in Death Battle

There's also Emily Fajardo, who just liked Nicholas played in Death Battle as a Nick Character which was Aang.

There's also Kira Buckland who did Toph, But i don't think i need to keep going, do i?

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
View attachment 333649
View attachment 333651
Something tells me this game leaking before it was announced might've actually been the best possible thing for it. All those day -2 memes were what paved the way for the absolutely explosive reception the game got upon its initial reveal, after all. I can very easily see this game being overlooked in a timeline where that didn't happen.
And hey, that's what happens when you get a dedicated and passionate indie team like Ludosity working on your game! Getting people with experience in the genre who know what they're doing pays off, turns out.
In other news, more images are coming out of the datamined models, and...

...yeah.

I saw this coming a mile away.

Last edited:

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Something tells me this game leaking before it was announced might've actually been the best possible thing for it. All those day -2 memes were what paved the way for the absolutely explosive reception this game got upon its initial reveal, after all. I can very easily see this game getting overlooked in a timeline where that didn't happen.
And hey, that's what happens when you get a dedicated and passionate indie team like Ludosity working on your game! Getting people with experience in the genre who know what they're doing pays off, turns out.

...yeah.

Heh, i already saw the resemblances

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
In terms of Danny, if they don't get David Kaufman. Then i'd recommend seeing them pitching Nicholas Andrew Louie
A Voice Actor and Impressionist who's played in small video games and web series' He's even played Danny Phantom in Death Battle

There's also Emily Fajardo, who just liked Nicholas played in Death Battle as a Nick Character which was Aang.

There's also Kira Buckland who did Toph, But i don't think i need to keep going, do i?
And for Lincoln I think that they could get Tara Strong to voice him.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Something tells me this game leaking before it was announced might've actually been the best possible thing for it. All those day -2 memes were what paved the way for the absolutely explosive reception this game got upon its initial reveal, after all. I can very easily see this game getting overlooked in a timeline where that didn't happen.

...yeah.

At this point, the leaker was practically staying near the same hotel room the staff was in. Here I thought nothing interesting would happen today.

FreeFox

Smash Lord

...yeah.

I cant wait to get my hands on him. I will wait for the official render to change my avatar though.
Definitely. I think the fact that the team got to show the gameplay with the anouncement helped a lot. The memes certainly helped and I am glad the team got to show new gameplay and images. Seriously, the only reason 2 of my friends bought the game was for the better looking images on the website. The fact that the team is open and ready to talk with the fans has also helped a lot. We got lots of information thanks to this. And the most amazing part is that this could have been a disaster. They barely got any time to build up hype after the initial reception especially since the game was coming out soon. Then, they started the creation of the Twitter and the showcases. I am glad for the creators and hope the game is enough of a big success for Nick to give them more leeway and support.

Faso115

Smash Lord
I just noticed Butch Hartman's name shows up in the copyright.

Huh, i guess him being a bit controversial doesn't stop it from him owning a part of Danny Phantom it seems

dlewis53

Smash Lord

Huh, i guess him being a bit controversial doesn't stop it from him owning a part of Danny Phantom it seems
I'm pretty sure that's just acknowledging that he technically had a hand in creating Danny Phantom; it doesn't mean he actually still owns anything related to the show and character.

If he did, he would've known about Danny being in the game, which he apparently didn't.

Also, in regards to him and John K potentially getting involved, my answer is...

NO.

Those two are legit awful people; I don't care if this is just a hypothetical, leave them out of this!

Last edited:

amageish

Smash Master
Also, in regards to him and John K potentially getting involved, my answer is...

NO.

Those two are legit awful people; I don't care if this is just a hypothetical, leave them out of this!
Yeah, I'm fine using "seperate the art from artist" to justify including IPs created by terrible people, but I think purposefully hiring terrible people while being aware of the literal crimes they did (in the case of John and Chris, at least) is another thing entirely...

Also, uh, Rep's girlfriend in the Discord said something so interesting that I'm going to throw a spoiler tab over it!

1633668225619.png

1633668267677.png

1633668104189.png

This is obviously partly speculation (the "Jenny not getting in should be genuinely shocking" part especially), but she's close enough to being a dev that I see no reason not to trust her on what is causing FOP content to be MIA from the game.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Yeah, I'm fine using "seperate the art from artist" to justify including IPs created by terrible people, but I think purposefully hiring terrible people while being aware of the literal crimes they did (in the case of John and Chris, at least) is another thing entirely...

Also, uh, Rep's girlfriend in the Discord said something so interesting that I'm going to throw a spoiler tab over it!

View attachment 333677
View attachment 333678
View attachment 333675

This is obviously partly speculation (the "Jenny not getting in should be genuinely shocking" part especially), but she's close enough to being a dev that I see no reason not to trust her on what is causing FOP content to be MIA from the game.
The reasoning tracks entirely for Timmy. However...

metroid_v2_ch16_24 (1).jpg

MY GIRL ACTUALLY HAS A ****ING SHOT? HELL ****IN YEAH TODAY IS A GOOD DAY TO BE GWEN

dlewis53

Smash Lord

View attachment 333677
View attachment 333678
View attachment 333675

Yeah, like "separate art from the artist" works for works that were created before the horrible stuff comes out, but not for involvement afterwards.

And seriously, at this point, if Jenny isn't at least DLC, I will be very shocked/disappointed.

And it looks like that distribution company might be standing in Timmy's way.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Looks like Shredder's gonna be the coolest ************ on the face of the Earth.

Bakabridget

Smash Cadet
NNID
Bakabridget
i'm watching the juicebox vod, if anything, i do think this game is way more hype to watch than smash is.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

The weirdest part is DP being partially credited to Shout Factory. I mean, they distributed the show on home video, but still...

View attachment 333677
View attachment 333678
View attachment 333675

Noice. All that's left is the status of TUFF Puppy, ChalkZone and Fanboy & Chum Chum's situations, and things will be peachy-keen.

Looks like Shredder's gonna be the coolest ************ on the face of the Earth.
Was there ever any doubt? None of you are ready for him. 😏

By the way, there's apparently some currently unused stuff for Rocksteady as well, can you please verify that?

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend

View attachment 333677
View attachment 333678
View attachment 333675

Oh g that's so good to know, I hope it's true and that she's in line for DLC, that would be so awesome XD.

I am starting to get the hang of the game and Korra though, so at least I do have something good with the base game, but getting Jenny wold be really satisfying :D

Last edited:

Peepo T. Skeleton

Smash Lord
Exactly 9.7 inches away from your current location
Jenny's probably my most wanted character so it's good to know not much is keeping her from happening.

The Angry Beavers
They'd probably be a bit weird to implement because they'd have to be either an Ice Climbers duo or a stance character. I guess it could also just be Dag by himself because this is the same game that only has half of the Turtles.

Jimmy Neutron
I love Hugh, but if I'm being honest with myself I want Jimmy more. Don't know if there's any legal issues with the character.

Skulker
My favorite Danny Phantom villain. His hunter of rare creatures schtick would be pretty great for a crossover like this. Skulker does have some stiff competition in Vlad and Ember though.

I'd also put Shredder in here but we already know they're coming.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Jenny's probably my most wanted character so it's good to know not much is keeping her from happening.

The Angry Beavers
They'd probably be a bit weird to implement because they'd have to be either an Ice Climbers duo or a stance character. I guess it could also just be Dag by himself because this is the same game that only has half of the Turtles.

Jimmy Neutron
I love Hugh, but if I'm being honest with myself I want Jimmy more. Don't know if there's any legal issues with the character.

Skulker
My favorite Danny Phantom villain. His hunter of rare creatures schtick would be pretty great for a crossover like this. Skulker does have some stiff competition in Vlad and Ember though.

I'd also put Shredder in here but we already know they're coming.
Funny enough, the original datamined image of the Garfield stage had something very interesting in the margins. It had a list of characters and stages with code names, but one code name stood out because it didn't match anything we know about currently: Hunter.

We know Shredder is Cheese, Garfield is Orb, and the Double Dare stage is Life, but Hunter has nothing pointing to anything. Part of me wonders if Skulker was planned at one point, as he's the one character I can think of who would have Hunter as a code name.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Funny enough, the original datamined image of the Garfield stage had something very interesting in the margins. It had a list of characters and stages with code names, but one code name stood out because it didn't match anything we know about currently: Hunter.

We know Shredder is Cheese, Garfield is Orb, and the Double Dare stage is Life, but Hunter has nothing pointing to anything. Part of me wonders if Skulker was planned at one point, as he's the one character I can think of who would have Hunter as a code name.
Hunter has already been revealed to be Rocksteady from TMNT, who I believe was scrapped in favor of April.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Hunter has already been revealed to be Rocksteady from TMNT, who I believe was scrapped in favor of April.
Yo wait for real? Do you have any more details?

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719

Double Dare is "life" because...real life?

Top Bottom