• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl General Thread - All Star Brawl 2 Available Today!

a.Asdsa

Smash Rookie
No character has ever been leaked to the extent of the staff going "uh oh, the cat's out of the bag, might as well scrap them and use someone else".

I mean, think, man, think!

That's not what I said though. I was more asking if it was scrapped base game content or something.

LimeTH

Smash Lord
A lot of my childhood Garfield memories are linked to the old website too. The "coffeequick.com" and Dingleball games, and the yearly 12 days of Christmas animations.

Plus those honking big strip collection books you could get from school book fairs.

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
A lot of my childhood Garfield memories are linked to the old website too. The "coffeequick.com" and Dingleball games, and the yearly 12 days of Christmas animations.

Plus those honking big strip collection books you could get from school book fairs.
Do You Remember the Garfield Website having this Carnival Theme Page were you can click on something that takes you to the games? i've been trying to find images and have not found anything so far.

LimeTH

Smash Lord
Do You Remember the Garfield Website having this Carnival Theme Page were you can click on something that takes you to the games? i've been trying to find images and have not found anything so far.
That I can't say rings a bell.

Peepo T. Skeleton

Smash Ace
Exactly 9.7 inches away from your current location

LimeTH

Smash Lord
What stages are considered the best for Sports mode, because I can't wrap my head around how to get the ball through the star rather than it bouncing off the top or flying way over it.

amageish

Smash Master
No idea how things are like post-Hillenburg biting the big one, but seasons 9-11 are generally good. Seasons 5-8 are generally oof and 4 is okay, but I do love the first two episodes of season 4.

It would be funny if DLC was given double the budget to help pull things off like that, should the game be successful enough. Even with the small budget they have now there's still some impressive things they pulled off in some stages.
That is valid! I can't say I was aware enough of the concept of TV show seasons when I watched it to have much of an opinion.

Yeah, it'd be super cool if DLC got some fancier stages and such. I'm not going to expect it, but hopefully the game gets a general increase in polish as time goes on...

What stages are considered the best for Sports mode, because I can't wrap my head around how to get the ball through the star rather than it bouncing off the top or flying way over it.
I found the TMNT rooftops worked pretty well for it. I imagine most neutral/legal stages would work well for it...

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Well, I finally took a look at the first atch and I am impressed. They are addressing exploits quite fast. Kinda wish smash was just as fast dealing with them.
It's probably a good thing Sakurai doesn't patch exploits ASAP like this. He wouldn't just stop at something like Mikey's infinite jumps.

amageish

Smash Master
I already told my friends I'm gonna play through this game if Garfield gets announced.
Oops.
Don't worry! You're potentially fine, given Korra's precedence, it is very possible that Garfield will be put into the game but will never actually be given an announcement trailer!

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Garfield is legitimately the most hype character they could add. He's the only Nickelodeon character left that is on Spongebob/Leonardo levels of recognizability and is not in the game yet.
Yeah, just a pity that you can only go downhill from here. Even noteworthy Nick names like Jimmy Neutron and FOP stopped being mainstream years ago.

Don't worry! You're potentially fine, given Korra's precedence, it is very possible that Garfield will be put into the game but will never actually be given an announcement trailer!
Only problem is that base game marketing was done on such short notice that a few characters could easily be left on the wayside. DLC has all the time in the world for trailers to come about in a more reasonable time frame.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
I highly suspect this game is going to be primarily Steam/Switch player bases. This style of game doesn't really 'resonate' with the market on PS or XBox overall. I'm honestly surprised they went full platform spread. I just can't imagine it selling super well when the die hard players are absolutely going to be Smash players or those well acquainted with the style of game. Which is a shame. I really hate that copies for those systems will be on shelves. Sort of a waste of resources.
Not to sound smug, but...

I told you so.

amageish

Smash Master
Yeah, just a pity that you can only go downhill from here. Even noteworthy Nick names like Jimmy Neutron and FOP stopped being mainstream years ago.
This is how Captain Janeway wins! :4pacman: Or, uh, a hologram of her that exists for training purposes, I guess...

That said, I don't think having all the biggest IPs in the game from the get-go is a bad thing. This game isn't Smash and probably isn't expecting to literally break Twitter with the shock reveal of Jenny Wakeman, so starting off with all the big names and then adding nicher fan-favourites later isn't a bad thing.

Only problem is that base game marketing was done on such short notice that a few characters could easily be left on the wayside. DLC has all the time in the world for trailers to come about in a more reasonable time frame.
Yeah, I don't actually think that they will just forget to upload Garfield's reveal trailer; it would just be a very funny loophole to get out of that bet.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
TBH I don't think Dora is completely impossible for DLC

The main thing holding Dora back is her brand image - and even then Nick have been experimenting with the whole "growing with the audience" thing. Lost City of Gold was rated PG and they're making a new series aimed at a slightly older audience - hell, Nick have shown willingness to do dark things with long-gone Nick Jr. characters in the past.
5A80A6C4-9C57-4332-A16E-327DF4273298.jpeg

I think above all it comes down to whether 1. Ludosity want Dora, and 2. Ludosity can, should Nick have requirements, settle for a live action Dora.

However, I don't think Dora is likely either - those last two factors are very big, especially the latter.

Now, Hugh on the other hand? I'd say he's very likely. If we get Jimmy, Donut Boy's probably not far behind. Rep partook in the Hugh AMA, there's no Neutron rights issues, the support is clearly at least semi-earnest, he has more moveset potential than a majority of the Neutron cast... the only reason I can see him not getting in is because he's seen as a low priority or they want to expand the list of shows as opposed to adding more characters from shows already in.

Last edited:

LimeTH

Smash Lord
Garfield is legitimately the most hype character they could add. He's the only Nickelodeon character left that is on Spongebob/Leonardo levels of recognizability and is not in the game yet.
Would a Rugrats character besides Reptar count? I'm still of the mind Angelica could happen.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Would a Rugrats character besides Reptar count? I'm still of the mind Angelica could happen.
Honestly, there's any direction they could take for the main Rugrats characters, and if they really had to do it, Angelica's the safest bet. She was so popular that, during the All Grown Up days, she had her own short-lived spin-off set during her preschool days. The only issue is which iteration of her Nick would approve of that Ludosity could reasonably roll with.

Now, Hugh on the other hand? I'd say he's very likely. If we get Jimmy, Donut Boy's probably not far behind. Rep partook in the Hugh AMA, there's no Neutron rights issues, the support is clearly at least semi-earnest, the only reason I can see him not getting in is because he's seen as a low priority or they want to expand the list of shows as opposed to adding more characters from shows already in.
I think they can both expand the list of shows and add more characters from shows already in, it all just comes down to Ludosity wanting Hugh regardless if he has any demand or not. So in short, I believe that we don't need to worry about him.

It doesn't hurt that he was asked by fans before half of the roster was even announced.

Not to sound smug, but...

I told you so.
It feels good to prove skeptics right every once in a while, doesn't it? :cheersleo:

amageish

Smash Master
While we're discussing characters that exist and may end up in the game, here's an updated server emoji list, as there's a few IPs and characters that have been added since last time I posted this. Again, this isn't an ARG and these aren't cryptic hints, but, hey, they can maybe help people think of characters and Nicktoons they haven't thought of in a long while.

1633898635929.png

1633898667811.png

1633898713818.png

1633898742535.png

1633898777712.png

1633898807466.png

1633898852012.png

1633898889514.png

LimeTH

Smash Lord
While we're discussing characters that exist and may end up in the game, here's an updated server emoji list, as there's a few IPs and characters that have been added since last time I posted this. Again, this isn't an ARG and these aren't cryptic hints, but, hey, they can maybe help people think of characters and Nicktoons they haven't thought of in a long while.

I was gonna do my usual bit complaining about the lack of Beavers, but only one Zuko emote is actually more surprising to me here.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

Lori does get a couple of emotes
yet still no solo emotes for Kitty
I am conflicted. On a side note, since they're covering the bases for characters with any orientation, do we know of any that are asexual or aromantic?

Last edited:

Peepo T. Skeleton

Smash Ace
Exactly 9.7 inches away from your current location

LIVIN' LIKE LARRY
1633898742535~2.png

I am conflicted. On a side note, since they're covering the bases for characters with any orientation, do we know of any that are asexual or aromantic?
I'm pretty sure Stephen Hillenberg said SpongeBob was.

amageish

Smash Master
I was gonna do my usual bit complaining about the lack of Beavers, but only one Zuko emote is actually more surprising to me here.
Yeah, uh, Sorry about that Zuko... that's rough, buddy.

I see his emote with asxeual flag, now that you mention it. No aromantic one as of yet though. Also, I think this board ought to have silly Nick emotes like those too.
I don't know if there are any aromantic options, besides potentially SpongeBob. Aromantic people are kind of super rare in media; looking at this Wikipedia page is just kind of sad... That said, they could totally make an aromantic emote regardless; it's not like trans Jenny is canon (though the creator did express support of people who find a trans subtext in MLAATR, even if it wasn't intentional) and Luna Loud doesn't have a defined sexual orientation beyond being generally sapphic.

Last edited:

GojiraC

Smash Rookie
Is it just me, or do Ren & Stimpy feel unfinished? Every other character seems pretty polished, but those two look pretty rough model/animation-wise. Guessing they were the last ones added.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Is it just me, or do Ren & Stimpy feel unfinished? Every other character seems pretty polished, but those two look pretty rough model/animation-wise. Guessing they were the last ones added.
I guess that's to match the animation in their show - which was choppy and would often loop frames backwards and forwards, but extremely expressive. That being said, it annoys me that Ren has the swappable head models to match the off-model style and then Stimpy is the same expression most of the time (though I can understand why given one's got a neck and the other's just a circle)

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I guess that's to match the animation in their show - which was choppy and would often loop frames backwards and forwards, but extremely expressive. That being said, it annoys me that Ren has the swappable head models to match the off-model style and then Stimpy is the same expression most of the time (though I can understand why given one's got a neck and the other's just a circle)
Yeah, but we do have PTM with several delightful expressions as a fair tradeoff.

Top Bottom