• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nice Point Mafia Day 6 (5/8 to Lynch, Deadline: Saturday the 19th at Midnight)

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
I also agree that rockin does need to speak up a little more!
Yeah, sorry if I've been quiet most of the game. It was kinda difficult to contribute to stuff without sounding like I'm parroting the same thing. I've been trying my best to be more active, so let's see how D3 goes.

At this point, with meta Kirby lynched (who was an indie), I find it even more hard to believe that he's an sk. I'll be interested to hear how you (and anyone else probably) believes Swords is scum.

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
Unvote Vote Sold2

I've ignored you too much for too long.

Why did mafia kill Clownbot? I'd bet it was S2; searching for my Lover, he knew that I used to ignore my teammates completely, and got it wrong. He did believe that he "knew my meta best" after all. When he finally got into the game, his first three posts have stuff against OS in various degrees, bringing up how he insinuated I was scum indirectly and his use of the post count for activity policing, but which S2 then let go way too easily. After that, S2 pussyfoots around every issue, never committing to anything, except maybe me a little. It's funny that he made the "poisoning his well comment" when he can't even get the right games that I've played in, or even the right sites. That was the same post as the first time he actually says he likes or dislikes something, which was disliking the OS wagon, which he said he didn't understand, even though he hadn't commented on pretty much everyone except for OS, and then not in a positive light before that point, as well as disliking Xonar out of the blue for little things including but not limited to trying to claim to have a positive meta on me. His ISO reveals a focus with how people perceive him, such as making sure people knew he wasn't parroting Mentos in the case against Xonar and trying to not step on anyone's toes that someone else hadn't already, with the exceptional case of how he helped the TPK wagon get started right after I suggested that Swords park his vote on OS to get him lynched. What wonderful timing. Also,

S2 said:
I'm digesting the plan. Still wish we knew more about game mechanics before we did it... but the earlier the better sounds like a right idea.
But the idea of coordinating(all-search or just partial-search) searching or training does interest me.
These are about Cello-Plan. If it was so interesting to him, why did he suddenly turnabout and say it's potentially disastrous later/now? Heck, these said after OS's major arguments against Cello-Plan, as well as after the rules change was announced. Why was he still interested in it after that point if he really understood what Cello-Plan was, and what's his reasoning for his change of mind? It also directly goes against a recent comment of his:

S2 said:
I guess he leaned town to me if anything at the time because his opposition to Cello's potentially disastrous plan made a lot of sense to me
The previous quotes SHOW that he wasn't "in opposition to my potentially disastrous plan". He feeds us whatever bull-**** he thinks we'll believe, or whatever belief is popular. But, finally and most importantly:

S2 said:
I think the OS wagoners are trying too hard to think of OS as scummy. Also analyzing the rule changes and trying to make a case off it is entirely dumb.
This was when he actually tried to blow off the single most important argument made against OS. The part where OS was shown to be a liar. It was apparently strong enough of an argument to cause OS to feel justified in attempting to ruin Ronike's game in at least two different threads, not including here, yet S2 just wants to call it "entirely dumb"? That's silly. No, that's scummy. ****ed scummy. This point alone should be enough to convince you of S2's guilt.

@Mentos: Nick has already explained the major argument for why your three picks wouldn't work together. Seriously, reading Day 1, can you really say that you believe I was OS's partner the whole time? Nick? Or even Swords? Only one of us could have been theoretically converted, and that would be the only way I'd believe any of us would be scum. After reading my case against S2, don't you think it's worth it to lynch him before any of us?

@Swords: I trust you. I also trust Mentos, though I think he's misguided, as well as Nick and SSBF. If Mentos will join us, we can control the lynch. Of Rockin, Jungle, S2 and Kat, who would you want to lynch, who would you want to shoot, and do you trust any of them?

@Rockin, Jungle, S2, and Kat: Did any of you target me last Night, and probably for the past two Nights? No one other than these four answer this.

SwordsRbroken

Smash Apprentice
Cello, i'm probably thinking a good lynch would be S2 and a NK being jungle or vice versa.

Nick, i searched last night. I found nothing.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
@Sold2

Sure. Just last twilight, I was advocating Gheb for the vig shot, and up until the very end, Cello wanted swords to shoot mentos.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
I don't remember Clownbot saying too much during the times of Days, so they probably killed him cause they thought he was hiding something.

And no Cello, I didn't. After the other two answer, can you tell us why you felt you was targeted, if at all by us?

D

Deleted member

I'm at school right now, so I can't really contribute to much. However, I did find this interesting:
Mentosman8 said:
First of all, sorry I was gone the past couple days. Hell on earth at work. Secondly, I am completely satisfied with this lynch, for some extra reasons as well. Thirdly, Swords, if you are even thinking about shooting me I will stop you. Fact of the matter. Do NOT listen to them.
Look at the bolded. Mentosman8 said that if Swords attempted to night-kill him, he said he would stop Swords from doing so. It's making me think he might have roleblocker role of some sort, they can go either Mafia or Town. Remember, if someone were to claim roleblocker, even if they claim to be townie, do not believe the role.

Hoping to get a more serious contribution made later tonight.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
@Cello: I still haven't had time to do my re-read, but it is very much a possibility in my head that any of you could be scum despite the OS situation. Whether that changes on my re-read or not, I can't tell till I get there.

As for your case on Sold, I'm seeing a subtle bit of the same thing that got me so frustrated with you in tree stump. The first two posts you quoted, in one he is saying he isn't sure about it, and the next is about potentially coordinating searching/training(which was only part of your plan), which he said was interesting(you also leave out the part where he says he would want to wait until D2 to try to coordinate so we could understand the mechanics a bit better). The next one you quote that you say is backtracking is in response to your plan being potentially disastrous: your plan involved us all outting our results and giving the dragonballs to you to hold on to, which is definitely a potential danger regardless of whether we coordinate or not. Maybe I'm just looking at your arguments expecting them to be twisted, but this reasoning seems to fit that expectation.

I'll look further into the other part when I re-read, but in all honesty I thought the rule fiasco was blown way out of hand compared to how much it actually should have affected anything.

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
@Rockin: I'll answer that now. Something happened to me. I want to see if any of you claim credit for it, as that should narrow the lynch pool. It may be good, it may be bad, but whoever did it knows what it was. I have a good idea of who it was, but I'm just being thorough.

@Mentos: You missed the point of the quotes. He claimed that OS's refutations (made between the two quotes) of Cello-Plan made sense to him, enough to call it "potentially disastrous". If that was truly the case, then why did he still support the idea of coordinating searching or training? Supposedly, if we believe his more recent comments, he'd already made up his mind that the idea was bad. If that was so, what was it that he was considering back then?

Even the part you mention, that he wanted to wait to understand the mechanics, doesn't make sense. No one was ever willing to come forward with their information as a group other than me; other people individually did, but that doesn't really help us know how searching works. Frankly, we still don't know how it works.

S2 said:
Are you saying it's a bad thing to know more about the game mechanics? I simply didn't want to risk oh so much to Cello's plan if something unexpected were to happen. If we had followed Cello's plan, we would have been putting a majority of our discussion during Day phase into organizing it, and would be completely unable to train because of the martial law idea. Wouldn't it be fun if we wasted all that time/potential power because something he didn't account for made his plan worthless?
This shows that his major concern was not being able to train, not my holding the Dragon Balls (which in and of itself raises the question of why he was interested in mass-searching/training). That couldn't have been his concern anyway, considering that he claimed he thought my plan was done with town's interest in mind, and I said I was willing to give the Balls to someone else (your concern was that I wanted to hold onto the Dragon Balls).

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Hm, pretty legitimate response Cello. I should finally get a chance to re-read a good deal tomorrow, at which point I'll probably be able to see where you're coming from better. However, the idea of two sets of life-locked townies still seems ridiculous, and all inferences from the night point to clownbot/gheb being lifelocked, so I'm still not comfortable following you.

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
Why did mafia kill Clownbot? I'd bet it was S2; searching for my Lover, he knew that I used to ignore my teammates completely, and got it wrong. He did believe that he "knew my meta best" after all.
You've ignored mostly everyone in this game, only stopping when your top subject or one of your little buddies are mentioned. Also, you DON'T ignore your partners. Take Newbie 3; on D1 I made a case on Delvro(mafia), and you(mafia) were the first person to agree with me, and voted Delvro too. Mayling(town) was even disagreeing with my points and making a case on me to protect Delvro. You could have easily lynched me and ignored Delvro completely, but you chose to bus him before any real solid proof had come up. You also asked Mister Eric(mafia) questions a lot, guiding him in a way and making him be more active. If I had logs, I could quote quite a few AIMafias too, I'm sure.

After that, S2 pussyfoots around every issue, never committing to anything, except maybe me a little.
I don't recall committing to you at all. I do remember saying I thought you were wrong, yes, but never scum. On the contrary, I did commit to Xonar, only trusting him enough to unvote after he refuted the points on him and proved he was going to be useful.

as well as disliking Xonar out of the blue for little things including but not limited to trying to claim to have a positive meta on me.
So I guess I should announce everything I'm going to do before I do it? As cool as it'd be, I'm not Captain Falcon. Huh, I could say that you're disliking me out of the blue as well. Also, the fact that Xonar had... I think ~80 posts, majority of which were 1 liners with little content, doesn't seem that little to me... especially on D1.

TPK wagon get started right after I suggested that Swords park his vote on OS to get him lynched. What wonderful timing.
How would Swords voting OS get him lynched, he definitely wasn't at L-1, I remember that much. I pushed the TPK wagon because I thought he was scum. Honestly, he had been acting like I would expect scum to act, and his defense was nonexistent.

These are about Cello-Plan. If it was so interesting to him, why did he suddenly turnabout and say it's potentially disastrous later/now? Heck, these said after OS's major arguments against Cello-Plan, as well as after the rules change was announced. Why was he still interested in it after that point if he really understood what Cello-Plan was, and what's his reasoning for his change of mind? It also directly goes against a recent comment of his:

The previous quotes SHOW that he wasn't "in opposition to my potentially disastrous plan". He feeds us whatever bull-**** he thinks we'll believe, or whatever belief is popular. But, finally and most importantly:
You just took two things I said entirely out of context. Both these quotes are from way earlier than the TPK lynch, before I understood how your plan worked(hence "Digesting the Plan"), and I was asked of my opinion of Overswarm when D1 ended. And you didn't even quote the entirity of the second one,
But the idea of coordinating(all-search or just partial-search) searching or training does interest me. I want to wait until D2 before messing with that though, so that we have a more solid grasp of how it works.
You purposefully leave out the part after it where I say I don't support it. Not to mention, at this point I'm not even talking strictly about the "Cello-plan." You never mentioned anything about Partial-search, which is what I would have liked, so that we can optimize our searches/trainings. Also, from Nich's list if you care.
Repost of list:
Sold2: Doesn't support the plan, but doesn't find Cello scummy.
he made it for a reason, I guess.

This was when he actually tried to blow off the single most important argument made against OS. The part where OS was shown to be a liar. It was apparently strong enough of an argument to cause OS to feel justified in attempting to ruin Ronike's game in at least two different threads, not including here, yet S2 just wants to call it "entirely dumb"? That's silly. No, that's scummy. ****ed scummy. This point alone should be enough to convince you of S2's guilt.
Explain to me how OS was lying. Keep it simple. Also, yes, I think basing suspicions off of game mechanics IS dumb. Trying to outguess the narrator: generally a bad idea.

@Rockin, Jungle, S2, and Kat: Did any of you target me last Night, and probably for the past two Nights? No one other than these four answer this.
I haven't targeted you. Curious.

Questions for you, Cello. You're STILL ignoring me, why?. I asked you why you feel so trusting of Swords, particularly before MK flipped Indy(want an answer to this still). Why do you take the "go to original post" function out of your quotes? Why didn't you include the rest of the quote in the second quote against me?

@Nich. I believe Cello's original opinion was to shoot Gheb, and there you agreed with him, but when Cello switched opinions, you stayed with Gheb. I'm sure Cello was happy with a Gheb shot too, but would have preferred Mentos, so that's not really a disagreement. It kinda counts... but I'd like a better example if you can provide one?

Ask me more questions tomorrow when I have the time.

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
@S2: Why did my accusation that you killed Clownbot searching for my partner get the biggest rise out of you, even taking the largest section of your response?

Where did you try to find out anything about the mechanics of searching and training? By the very nature of trying to both "coordinate" and "optimize" those options, we'd have to know 1) how it works and 2) what everyone did. If I hadn't come forward with my information, we wouldn't even know that we learn when we hit max level. If you were interested in coordinated searching/training, you'd have to set that up. You didn't. It wasn't a popular opinion to have at the time (and the only reason you're saying it now is cover your previous blunders). You just said whatever was popular at the time (the TPK lynch, here, then calling my plan dumb). Also, Cello-Plan was clearly explained in post #265, which was before your quotes. What changed after that to clear it up for you?

OS claimed he read the rules at the beginning of the game, and yet claimed to believe that people could trade individual Dragon Balls from that rules-set when it could not possibly have been read that way when asked about it. That's called lying. His reactions to that situation were what should have been really convincing to people (although, I thought he was scum since pre-game when he first suggested self-hammering, i.e. make everyone Hated).

I trust Swords because there is no reason to distrust him. He'll eventually be proven to be mafia when he fails to NK when there is no explanation, or (previous to MK's flip) we would have killed him when we've found all the mafia as a potential SK. Like Rockin said though, it's now even more likely that he's actually a vigilante. If he can prove that he can kill separate from the mafia, I know I'll personally believe him.

I don't take out the "go to" function, I just don't include them. I didn't include the second quote because I wanted you to bring it up, so I could ask you the question that I said to Mentos as a point. Which you haven't answered.

You keep badgering Nick for examples of when we haven't agreed. He gave you an example (not that he really needed to). Then you say you want a "better" example. What example would be satisfactory? If we agree, we agree. Like Omis in Stump, he seems genuine to me, so I don't have a problem with him. Why do you?

SwordsRbroken

Smash Apprentice
Jungle, i haven't really heard much from you aside from going after what were the easiest bandwagons D2. Me and SSBF. Who is scum?

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
I agree with the last part of Cello's post where he talks about Nich and what a 'satisfactory post' is in the eyes of Sold and how agreeing isn't a bad thing. I believe I've said this before in this game, that there is nothing wrong with agreeing with someone. Can it be taken as buddying? Sure, but Nick seems geniune in that he truly believes in what Cello is saying.

Chances are that you're probably a vigilante, but if you aren't we'll find out closer to endgame, as Cello stated. SSBF's claim lines up for me too, putting Rockin and Sold near the top of my scum list.

Rockin for the reason I've stated before. He still has done close to nothing so far. Sold because Of what I said above and I feel like he's lurking in the shadows until he's called out on. That was the most informative post we've seen from Sold all game, and it was only until Cello put some hardcore pressure on.

For now I'm going to

Vote: Sold2

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
Did a quick skim-through of D1, and found some incriminating information against Sold2... mainly, that Sold2 was solidly on both the TPK and Xonar wagons, but never touched Overswarm.

What exactly is happening with the OS wagon? Is it cus he's fluffy and was role-fishing? I don't understand it... and it's at L-3 now. I don't like it.

Odd? I hope other people noticed this.

Also, it's surprising how few of you I like so far. Oh, my first vote, lovely.
vote Xonar
I'm amazed at how many little remarks you can make with no reason or explanation behind them. Half the things you say can be passed off as a joke if you feel you're in trouble. I don't agree with you on any of the three people you suggest to be scum... what else?

To me it looks like you're buddying Cello, who's made it clear that people who oppose him are scum, and people that agree are good. And the reason you trust Cello... is that you meta'd town on him lol. I've watched most of the games Cello has played on this site, the game he played on AIB, and I've played countless AIM games with him. Going off of my own meta alone, I'd honestly say he's scum (Newbie 3 is a wonderful example of Cello using a reckless scum strategy.)

I hope your elaboration is good when you get to it.
I need to continue rereading, but I think I'd be satisfied with a Sold2 lynch today...

Also, Cello basically covered the buddying/agreeing thing. There's probably a more clear-cut instance of me disagreeing with Cello somewhere, but I don't see a need to dig back through and find it.

@mod
Votecount please.

Xiivi

So much for friendship huh...
Premium
BRoomer
Day 3 Vote Count 2
(3) sold2: cello, jungle, srb
(1) Jungle: rockin
(0) cello_marl:
(0) kataefi:
(0) mentosman8:
(0) nicholas1024:
(0) rockin:
(0) super smash bros. fan:
(0) swordsrbroken:

Not Voting: kat, mentos, nick, sold, ssbf

5/9 to Lynch

Deadline June 3rd, 11:59 P.M.

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
@S2: Why did my accusation that you killed Clownbot searching for my partner get the biggest rise out of you, even taking the largest section of your response?
Lengthy because I had the most to say about it, including an outside game to reference and explain to those who weren't there. I was initially annoyed that you were voting me, but I calmed down as I made my post. Does this strike you as odd?

Where did you try to find out anything about the mechanics of searching and training? By the very nature of trying to both "coordinate" and "optimize" those options, we'd have to know 1) how it works and 2) what everyone did.
Well, let's see what I learned about the game mechanics all from the natural events of D1. I learned that not everyone has a 100% chance of finding balls(this was my original belief). I learned that there is a role that focus on searching(like Bulma), and later I learned there is a role that also prevents searching and forces training. I learned that you can trade single balls. I could have taken the initiative and ask people in the thread with the sole intention of figuring out game mechanics, but that would also 1.)look like rolefishing and probably get me killed, which wouldn't be any good, and 2.) would give scum info on who to kill.

I was going to keep going and finish the whole post and then look back at your other post, but I'll have to get to that later tonight. I wrote this down and, well no reason not to post it now.

D

Deleted member

”SwordsRbroken” said:
Unvote Vote: Sold2
I really don't like this vote. Cello Marl and Junglefever gave their own reason why they thought Sold2 was scummy. You however, have completely failed to explain your vote on him and thus, it sounds like you're bandwagonning Sold2.

Also, question. Would discussing how to use Dragonballs count as discussing flavor mechanics?

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
uh oh long post alert:-
I don't remember Clownbot saying too much during the times of Days, so they probably killed him cause they thought he was hiding something.
I like your insight because it looks strangely identical to mine =D Is this parroting? Who are your top lynch candidates? go get'em. Also Rockin what do you propose swords should do toNight assuming he isn't lynched - shoot or don't shoot?

@Cello: I didn't target you.
@Nich: aside from the obvious player here, who else do you trust?
_

I'm happy with Sold pressure atm for different reasons:
the SSBF wagon was curious to me, since I didn't understand the reasoning behind it, so I was looking for scum pushing it for an easy lynch.
Because I felt SSBF was town, and everyone, especially Cello, seemed bent on lynching SSBF.
and yet in the end you chose... swords. So why didn't you pursue Cello here? Why was it, when you did vote Cello at one point, it were based on completely different grounds to what you've described above?

Consequently, and considering gheb pointed out various players flying under the radar (you), along with the consideration that your vote on swords was based on a suspicion you wouldn't have had if gheb never made his case in the first place, it would seem as though you people-pleased gheb in this respect to avoid any root of suspicion emerging.

Actually it's interesting to me - the moment Jungle switched from ssbf to swords, with gheb proclaiming his love for jungle for doing such an action, it's no surprise why I would expect scum to follow suit.

Accompanying, D1 - a number of interactions between sold/swarm, steering discussion away from swarm as he was in focus. e.g: #220
@Hilt, why does it matter? I originally thought OS was agreeing with the bandwagoning point, and I'm sure that's what he meant.... I shouldn't answer someone else's question but this is dumb.
so why was it your business what swarm meant at this time? Especially when it wasn't your business to begin with. If there's no suffice explanation then this is distract-everyone-away-from-swarm initiation #1. #2 seen here: #233 - discouraging Hilt to pursue the matter. #3, here: #407. #4, here: #499 - a mention of 'OS Wagoners trying too hard'.

I don't think it's as much as sold not touching swarm, it's the more the case of actively discouraging the wagon on multiple occasions, because at many points on D1 was it likely for a wagon on swarm to establish and actually be successful, as seen by the split in votes between PK and Swarm toward the latter part of the Day.

Reviewing the above, we have sold actively against a swarm wagon, not understanding it, asking the wagoners to re-evaluate... one would assume Sold thought Swarm was not-scum by this point. But: #1120 is cloudier than I expected... I expected Sold to think Swarm was still not-scum. So I'll ask the same question that I asked MK:- PK parroted Swarm, yes, but how did PK's flip suddenly determine the possibility of a ScumSwarm? Could you explain what went through your mind when you saw PK's flip in relation to swarm's alignment?

vote: Sold
L-1
no one hammer plz

SwordsRbroken

Smash Apprentice
I really don't like this vote. Cello Marl and Junglefever gave their own reason why they thought Sold2 was scummy. You however, have completely failed to explain your vote on him and thus, it sounds like you're bandwagonning Sold2.
Learn to read. Cello had just posted his case against sold2. I think the reasons for my vote should be rather obvious.

Sold, who is scum?

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Sold needs to claim. I'm still honestly caught on the fact that Cello has claimed lover when it seems pretty apparent that Gheb/Clown were lifelocked. Whether he's mafia or another indie, I don't know, but I really can't see having the potential to have 4 townies die from two deaths. Swords I'm less confident with after thinking more, he flat out said who he was gonna kill during twilight making it very, very possible for the mafia to frame him. Either way interested to hear Sold's claim.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
Mentos - the flavour suggests they weren't lifelocked at the time of their death - They wouldn't be Goten and Trunks otherwise, they would be one entity fused as Gotenks. As such, they didn't fuse together. That, and they were both murdered, suggesting 2 parties targeted them separately. This is primarily why I believe swords' claim to be true.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Now see, the question then becomes, what does the fuser part of their role actually do? There are pretty much two main options here:

1. They fuse into one character(mechanically, this would equate to becoming a hydra essentially.) They were already masoned, so it wouldn't grant benefit of communication, and would need to grant a very good bonus to make it even reasonable from a townie perspective to do. Think about it, if they become one role, it would be logical to assume loss of a vote for town, takes one kill to get rid of them both instead of two, and could even make it so they couldn't take advantage of both their powers.

2. It is the equivalent of brothers, lovers, etc, and denotes having their lives locked together.

One of the predominate reasons why I'm inclined to believe 2 comes from Gheb's comments during twilight about Cello. He seemed pretty solidly against Cello's lead/sounded suspicious of him, and he's the one who knew how the mechanics actually worked. Also Clownbot seemed like a very random death, especially when mafia could have ensured a mislynch simply by shooting Gheb alongside Swords. I'm just really uncomfortable with the situation.

On the other hand, I haven't been pushing to make a case is that there IS a nagging feeling in the back of my head that I'm interpreting things wrong, and if that's the case and there are 3 scum left, it's pretty much game set and match. I miscalculated the numbers, otherwise I would have pushed Cello's lynch yesterday because it was the last chance if the claim WAS real to not lose from testing it. The problem there is the nagging doubt from both angles pretty much has me trapped, I feel it strongly enough where it's causing me to tunnel, but I doubt it enough where I don't want to push it since it's potentially game ending.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
Mentos it would 1., with the benefit of newer, stronger abilities, as seen in the anime... with the possibility imo to being bulletproof/doublevoting etc... I don't actually know... but going by their actual roles of tracker/watcher, and the fuser role tagged at the end, I'd say it's safe to say they were not lifelocked at the time of their death.

I wonder how fusing would have occurred - it's a shame one isn't alive to claim how the mechanics really do work. Imo, they may have had to train, as this is also seen in the anime when they go to fusion camp.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
I like your insight because it looks strangely identical to mine =D Is this parroting? Who are your top lynch candidates? go get'em. Also Rockin what do you propose swords should do toNight assuming he isn't lynched - shoot or don't shoot?
ATM, my only lynch canidate is junglefever cause he's still going with the 'bigger fish to fry' mentality, even though he has cast suspicion on me more then once. I am unsure about a sold2 lynch only cause I had a hard time reading his mindset throughout the Days (especially D1). May need to do another reread.

I'll answer who he should shoot when I do a reread. Really, it'll all depend on the flip if we're going for a Sold2 lynch. If he comes up Mafia, then I'll be more encouraged to shoot. If town...eh. I would be hesitant to shoot cause so far, we havn't had a mafia lynched yet. I want to avoid a mylo/lylo situation. >_>

btw, what is a lifelocked mason? Is it similar to Lover?

I wish I could do that said re-read, but I have to go to work (just woke up a few minutes ago D: )

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
I'm speaking like tarzan o.O I keep missing out words in my posts. Blame 3am!

Lifelocked means if one dies, their partner also dies with them. However I believe the fuser ability makes them lifelocked by choice.

D

Deleted member

I want to avoid a mylo/lylo situation.
I'm getting the feeling that it is very well possible that we are in a situation that if we mislynch one more time and if we lose two townies Night 3, scum could win the game.

If we do have three scums in the game (Two is more likely, since 1/3 of people being non-townie is a bit unlikely) and six townies, a town lynch would put us at 5/3 with town being majority, with two town deaths would probably result in a scum win, although mutliple scum factions might exist.

This explains why I haven't really voted anyone yet. I know in even in this situation, we have to be very, very careful with what we vote for.

@Mentosman8: I know this sounds like an irrelavent question and all, but please answer this. Did you have the oppertunity to contribute to the game on May 7th, 8th, or 9th?

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
I really couldn't tell you if I tried, that was almost a month ago>_> it's not like I keep a written log of every day so I can just look back "oh yeah, this, this, and this happened so I wasn't able to" or "Oop, I did nothing these days so I was able to." I don't know how you expect me to remember day-to-day specifics of how busy I was on certain days>_>

D

Deleted member

I really couldn't tell you if I tried, that was almost a month ago>_> it's not like I keep a written log of every day so I can just look back "oh yeah, this, this, and this happened so I wasn't able to" or "Oop, I did nothing these days so I was able to." I don't know how you expect me to remember day-to-day specifics of how busy I was on certain days>_>
Maybe it's just me, but I have a very, very good memory of stuff and I can remember things from when I was four. I was thinking you would at least have the knowledge to remember what you did between May 2, 2010 and today.

But the real reason I asked you that question is because something about you has been bugging me for awhile. Remember near of Day 1 when you promised a re-read, only to find out The Paprika Killer to be lynched? You promised to give further thoughts on May 10, 2010 and The Paprika Killer was hammered on May 11, 2010. On May 7, 2010, you said that Overswarm hadn't convince you he wasn't scummy on the same post you unvoted Xonar. On top of that, when responding to Cello about you not going after Overswarm at the beginning of Day 2, your argument is basically saying you were too busy. However, I don't think you accounted for May 7, 8, or 9th, days that I think you clearly had the oppertunity to push further an Overswarm lynch.

So I have a question:
1. Since Overswarm wasn't cleared in your book, after unvoting Xonar on May 7, 2010, why didn't you change your vote to Overswarm at that time?

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
Hey Sold2, when can we get your second installment? Also, would you mind claiming in your next post? You're at L-1.

Also, as far as the mylo-lylo thing goes, it'd be too hard to predict. First off, we don't know the number of mafia when the game started, and besides, with training and stuff, it might be possible for there to be 3 deaths tonight.

@Everyone
Could I get a suspect list please? (Preferably with at least two people on it...) I need to keep track of where everyone is at, scumhunting-wise.

Nicholas1024: Sold2, Jungle

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
Well, I spose I gotta. Cleary, you all are making more offenses than I can defenses and the more I read Cello posts, the less I care.

I'm Goku, the cop. I was originally a Comparison Cop, and then trained up to a normal Cop. Last night I gained the ability to choose between the two of these. Night 1 I compared Hilt/Gheb and Xonar and received the result "Same Alignment". Night 2 I investigated SwordsRBroken and received the result "Not Mafia."

I'm unsure which questions and cases I'd consider important after this claim, but I'll go ahead and answer the most basic question, "Who's scum?" from Swords. As I said earlier, I dislike Nicholas and I'm still interested in Jungle.

Nicholas seems to have been in a terrible accident with a drunk seamstress who has sewed his lips to Cello's rear. A quick search of all Nicholas's posts, searching for the keyword "Cello" shows that 39 of his 89 posts (close to half) mention Cello. I never remember Nich mentioning anything bad about Cello, so I imagine all of those must be praising him in some way or another. Also I noticed that Nich has been supporting my lynch this entire time, and has even found "incriminating" evidence against me, and makes it clear that I'm his number 1 suspect, but never voted me, even when I wasn't L-1. It just feels like to me, he's just going with what he thinks is popular while befriending the most aggressive player in the game. Also, I have to ask. Where did your suspicion on Swords go? That was one of the only instances of you disagreeing Cello I've found, and suddenly you don't even care about him, allowing him to go right back to what you found him suspicious for earlier without caring.

Jungle on the other hand has felt almost invisible to me. I really don't know what he's contributed. Besides the obvious D1 inactivity, I think he's been coasting. Also feel like he's dropped his suspicions of Swords, despite pushing Swords's lynch last day phase.

On that note, Swords is really just a tumor coming off Cello's back, and I would oh-so-love to lynch him if it wasn't for the fact he's not mafia, and unlikely to be indy. Really unacceptable play, but what can you do about it.

Ask me questions about what else you care about, please.

D

Deleted member

@Nicholas1024: Finding out my 2nd suspect is very, very difficult for me to do. Like for example, I don't see how people find Junglefever scummy. We can't even use the inactivity argument, which is now m00t.

If I had to guess my secondary candidate, that would be Sold2, but even then, not really my main focus. I do find Sold2's skimming scummy (As Nicholas pointed out) and I realize that he's been lurking lately, as I have yet to see a post from him today.

And I know you people won't believe this, but my primary lynch candidate is Mentosman8. But even then, I don't have much to suspect about him, but re-reading his posts, I have noticed a few things I didn't like about him, which I will explain later.

No solid scum reads so far, but I do think Mentosman8 is the most likely scum of the group. Vote: Mentosman8.

@Junglefever: You were suspecting Mentosman8 through part of Day 2. Are you still suspcious of him?

D

Deleted member

Ninja'd, Sold2 posted, so that lurking argument is gone. Will read into Sold2 more, thought.

D

Deleted member

Sorry for the triple posting and all, but I need to ask Sold2 a question:

1. If you find Nicholas1024 to be the most suspicious, why didn't you vote for him? A vote on him will clearly not put him in any danger.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
Hm.

Important details need clarification:-
Night 1 I compared Hilt/Gheb and Xonar and received the result "Same Alignment". Night 2 I investigated SwordsRBroken and received the result "Not Mafia."
you previously said, on the basis of PK's flip, Swarm was under the possibility of being a really tricky enemy. Under this possibility, why didn't you compare him to Xonar?

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
So, you knew that Gheb and Xonar were the same alignment. So you knew that Gheb was Town. And that Swords was going to shoot him. Why did you do nothing to try to stop him? You didn't even say to Mentos "Do whatever it is you were going to do to stop him from shooting you" or the like. You did nothing. Heck, the last thing you said about him was that his anger wasn't making him look good. You just let an innocent die.

tl;dr, I don't believe your claim.

Top Bottom