• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Niagara Thread

Niko_K

Smash Master
I already asked my dad and he will be away the weekend of that tournament., so scratch that amazing possibility out. If anyone does have a ride I would like to ask if I may join and pitch for gas :)

Niko_K

Smash Master
I would also like to mention I have been in constant thought about when Brawl comes out. I think we in Niagara should hold one of the first big brawl events, somewhat like what we had at smashfest....but bigger....and better....catch my drift? ;)

XeroHarsh

Smash Journeyman
I would also like to mention I have been in constant thought about when Brawl comes out. I think we in Niagara should hold one of the first big brawl events, somewhat like what we had at smashfest....but bigger....and better....catch my drift? ;)
Good Idea Niko, but we should wait a little while, so we get used to the game first lol.

Maybe a month or so after it's release.

Percon

Smash Lord
Yeah, I need time to unlock all the characters, ya know.

But if like, 2 days after it came out, we started practicing, we'd get good fast. I think so, anyway.

Niko_K

Smash Master
Ill definitely have it on release...Im getting my wii + melee this week :D...release day party anyone?

EDIT: new sig get...thanks kevin <3

K

koka

Big tournament? Which one's that? They're mainly in Toronto, and if that's true there are buses going there all the time, so maybe we can all go together.

TJJ

Smash Cadet
I thought I'd let you all know that I own a DVD recorder that comes out in pretty good quality, and if you wanted I could bring it to some events to record matches with. The only downside is that my computer sucks, so if I get a disc specifically for some recorded matches, whoever knows how to upload them and work with them to get them all onto a computer, can have the disc and put it onto the internet for everyone.

XeroHarsh

Smash Journeyman
I thought I'd let you all know that I own a DVD recorder that comes out in pretty good quality, and if you wanted I could bring it to some events to record matches with. The only downside is that my computer sucks, so if I get a disc specifically for some recorded matches, whoever knows how to upload them and work with them to get them all onto a computer, can have the disc and put it onto the internet for everyone.
I can do this for you =D

Miller

Smash Lord
All you would see is Raidos and Percon winning every match they get into, of course that is before I join the fray

TJJ

Smash Cadet
It sucks because I used to just put the file for the video into the C drive and then upload it from there and the video could be up to 3 minutes long without me having to encode it or anything, but that isn't working anymore, so I don't know what else I can do to make it work on my computer :(

Ill bring it to the next smash event that one of you guys hosts in Niagara (if I remember).

Percon

Smash Lord
^ That is correct. I believe that they're about two weeks apart...? If someone who lives close to me *coughnikocough* got Brawl on their modded wiis... that'd be so great. :x

Miller

Smash Lord
*coughmerightheregettingitmoddedinacoupledayswhenigetthesoldergun* But yea whenever it comes out, ill get like Kevin to download it off of rapidshare and then we'll chill like every day xD

XeroHarsh

Smash Journeyman
^ That is correct. I believe that they're about two weeks apart...? If someone who lives close to me *coughnikocough* got Brawl on their modded wiis... that'd be so great. :x
lol max, I promise you that I'll have my Wii with it's super awesome multi-LED lights and mod chip within the end of the month. I'll be over Niko's like every day with it lol.

On a side note, I don't think I have your e-mail.

Niko_K

Smash Master
My house for the win! Im pretty sure Im going to be having another smash mini tourney at my house again so Im gunna start pre reg through this thread ;)

1.Niko

TyrantWolf

Smash Lord
Okay guys it's official now. This Saturday we're going to be having a smash tournament, and just a smash tournament now. For the time being it'll be located @ da clan's man trail. The entry fee for it will be $5 per person for entry but this will cover for food.

I plan to have atleast singles and doobz running. Most likely double elimination brackets rather than pools to bracket round. Just so that we have time for a third event. But this is where we have a vote. If we do have a 3rd event do we want crews double elim? or low tier double elim? make a call for it.

Aswell, each event will be $5 for the time being :] with an 80/20 split in the end. If it's gonna be crews it might be winning crew wins the money. If you guys got questions ask away through here, Facebook, PM, MSN or even my phone. Oh **** I forgot, we might be able to do this @ a party room @ a nice condo close to SQ1. So public transportation and **** won't be difficult, but that won't be a problem anyway since Jamal's lives on Hurontario (easy street to get around due to many bus routes that go through it). So yeah, give me some feedback and ****.

:]
I have some good news that follows with minor bad news.

Good news: We got a seriously good venue now, it's temperary but it's **** good. An entire empty house will be our venue. 3 floors is ours to be used :00. So this means that room won't be an issue whatsoever. Also, if people want to, they can sleepover, bring sleeping bags :00000.

Bad news: empty house. No furniture ]:. We're working on how we can fix this though, but yeah for the time being y'all might need to sit on the floor and play. Also we might be starting a bit later than usual actually, something like 2-3ish.

Right now we don't have an address yet, but I'll post that up tomorrow. The main interesection is Mavis/Matheson. It's actually not too far away from Matt's so this might be of some relief to most of you.

For those of you coming via transit when you get to SquareOne you'll be taking the 61 Mavis (North) bus.

Yeahhhh :]
Ohshiiiit. sounds pretty nifty. You guys are allowed to sleepover if you want, but lemme confirm this k? :]]

TyrantWolf

Smash Lord
You guys should come to this tournament~ :]] whoever is doing a tournament this Saturday, postpone it till next week? :]

TyrantWolf

Smash Lord
Hey guys, check the GTAThread for info on address. **** kicks off at 1 so this gives y'all some serious time to get here ;] I would love it if you guys came, I'd like to play you guys.

Wolfblade

Smash Lord
****, I'm workign till 5 Saturday Tyrant, otherwise I'd try to go... **** job and taking up my time... cept I need money badly right now. Spending a grand setting up a 127 gallon tropical tank kinda kills the bank account.:laugh:

Percon

Smash Lord
Ugh... no ride. >_>

Unless someone is kind enough to drive me (if you are, PM me immidiately), I can't go. Though I might be able to make it for Smashtubation next weekend...? Ugh, really sorry. You don't know how badly I want to go to this. :(

Niko_K

Smash Master
My father can no longer provide a ride for me and 3 others for the smashturbation bi-weeklies....He had already planned a father/son type weekend for us and it just isn't feasible with the plans in place....

On a good note...

WII TOMORROW <333333

TyrantWolf

Smash Lord
Niagara.

TO is planning on hosting a tournament on the 24th of NOV. Our venue would be a 3 floor house (all to us) and the plus side to it is that if you guys want, the option of sleeping over is available. So yeah would any of you guys come?
:]] Seriously, if you cant come today, plan for this bad boy.

Desh.

Smash Lord
yeaaa plan for that bad boy ^^^^^ xD

oh btw i havent interduced myself =D
i'm desh..i = in charge of brampton stuff..i'm not amazing like most people in gta but i keep stuff organized =D

anyways yea..u should def. come to that ^^^^^^^

Top Bottom