• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Niagara Thread

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
^ I was referring to Pyro, you on the other hand could have probably made it had you not disappeared in a blaze of smoke haha.

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
I just remember you talking how you thought you were so good, brawl was so easy, and you were gonna own everyone and make pr.... I was always perplexed where you got that idea... but I just thought " Who knows, maybe he'll make something of it" and gave you the benefit of the doubt. But you never went anywhere...

Its just kinda funny, where did you get the idea that you were good? Its not like you were that great in melee... So?

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
^ LOL NATE, for some reason your post reminded me of NNR.

someone just got roasted.

SmashCentralOfficial

Voice of SmashCentralOfficial
Lol Nate, I could've if I actually kept playing. I made that comment after a day at MDK's where I beat him a couple of times, and he commented on how good I was. Then at Percon's tourny I had to leave early, and I had to drop out at my tournament in order to organize it better because the Brawl community sucks and I brought 3 out of the 5 TV's. It doesn't take much practice to be good in Brawl, and there are a lot of people who agree with me. For example, Ambrose stopped playing Melee and started playing Brawl because it's "easier to win". That's what he told me - word for word.

Maybe if the Brawl Scene stops sucking so much I'll come back, but it's hard to not suck when you're playing such a crappy game, isn't it? I mean, I can understand why you enjoy camping considering you play Jiggs and I think Peach, but for some reason I don't find camping, spamming, and abusing things like grab infinites very amusing.

I'm pretty sure you've only ever played me in Melee like once, and that was 1-2 years ago. I don't play nearly as much and as competitively as you do, nor have I been playing as long as you have. It's also kind of funny how a 20-something year old is using video games to talk down to someone much younger than him. Pretty silly. Not to mention that I did nothing to start your little hissy fit. Anyways, I'm sure that if you played me now you'd be surprised. Not saying I'd beat you since you have much more practice as I mentioned before, but I'm a lot better than I used to be.

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
So now you're still saying you "could have", but you didn't? Classic example of why you don't **** talk before the cards are down, because now you've got no results and only speculation to work with from playing one person at friendlies once, and not finishing placement. Just because you walk away from a fight doesn't mean you could have won it.

You know... I wouldn't just jump up to the Sf4 rankings cause I thought I was half decent at Sf3, and tell them I'm gonna jump on easily cause sf4 is easier then sf3.

LOL Nice lashing out at brawl as well, did I hit a cord and now you're reverting to name calling? Abusing grab infinites? When does this actually happen? Haha I was probably too busy spamming and camping to notice :psycho:

I'm not using a video game to talk down to you, I'm using your ego. Which still somehow thinks you'd be above scrub level at brawl. I just love to see people talk big and then not be able to back it up, and you sir are a classic case of talk with no followup. Get results, then talk ****, its a much better system.

Either way, this is the niagara thread and this doesn't belong here, so I'll stop.
You know you get my point, if you talk **** and don't back it up somebody might call you on it.

SmashCentralOfficial

Voice of SmashCentralOfficial
Be the bigger man, Nate. Good on you.

Oh, and I wasn't just bashing Brawl randomly you know. It was to back up my "I could've if I kept playing" statement, saying how Brawl is easy and anyone can do it. For another example, let's look at Clouderz. He said himself that Metaknight is a broken and easy character to play, and he'd suck if he played anyone else. As for results, I used to be 6th on GameBattles before I stopped playing, and don't be all "Wifi doesn't count" because if it didn't mean anything skill-wise, people like Ally, Fatal, OCC, and Clouderz wouldn't be at the top of the ladder.

If I wanted to make PR, I'd go and learn the IC infinites.

All that "shit talking" I did was like last year anyways, back when I enjoyed playing Brawl competitively. I don't even know why you just came at me all of a sudden with this
I remember when you were so sure you would make pr....
You sure showed us.
I just posted a conversation with Miller and then BAM! Maybe you were already having a bad day or something, who knows.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Niko, or whoever's invovled with the OiN tournament, PM me or msn me. I need to know about housing.

My brother and I might be coming in a different car to the tournament and I need to know what days I can be housed and by whom. Specifically, whether or not I'd be able to get housing on short notice on bother Friday and Saturday, or if it would just be one of those days.

Preferrably I'd like to be housed with other Melee players, since I like to play that Melee game with Melee people. But if that's not possible, I understand; housing is tricky sometimes. Need to know ASAP.

pastaboy

Smash Champion
holy ****, i need a psp nao.

i wuld so get dat, no i will get dat.

it better not be like pp where the ai controllers it. im also curious to see how you would control it on a psp with the imited buttons.

also so sega has nothing to do with this game right?

TyrantWolf

Smash Lord
Alright, Nigeria Niagara.

lol come to me and MisaMeka's event. I know a lot of you guys are prepping for uni but I really would like to see you guys come out. Even if you guys don't play haha I'd like to chill with you guys. I'm gonna try and see if we can have something happen after the tournament for everyone to hang out. I think everyone focuses too hard on during the tournament to really try and live up the aftertourny ****.

I'll see what I can do but seriously guys, COOMMMEEEE. We're doing both games + this'll be an ECCSL event too.

Edit: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=230446

Top Bottom