• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NFL Thread

Jem.

Smash Master
That is how Superbowl 40 should have gone -- Hasselbeck smiling, and Big Ben biting his lip.

Too bad Matty Hass likely won't have a job when Locker recovers. I always believed he still had starting-caliber game after beating the Saints then losing to the Bears when we sucked horribly in all facets of the game.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Okay, I know I'm a 49er fan and all, but I am REALLY ANNOYED that the NFC championship rematch is not a Sunday Night game. Instead, we have the Packers vs Texans. Granted, before the season started that was a great game on paper, but over a rematch of the NFC Championship? Really? Who was in charge of making that decision?

Even though the 49ers had a great season last year, they have gotten zero media coverage compared to the other elite teams. It almost seems like people forgot the 49ers carried a nice pedigree for themselves back in the day. Definitely one of the most popular teams dating from 80s to 90s and early 2000s.

I'm just really peeved more than anything cause I gotta go to work tomorrow and miss the game.

Jem.

Smash Master
I'm kind of hyped for Packers-Texans though since it's a near must-win for the Packers. But yeah, I can't watch the 49ers-Giants game either because the Seahawks-Patriots is a 1 PM game too.

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
Yeah, I was definitely surprised by that. Or even that it wasn't a Monday Night game. I don't see how anyone can see more importance in any other game this week. Even before the season started.

SharkAttack

Smash Lord
Good, Lions up 6-0. If Detroit loses this game I will not like their chances for making the playoffs. There are a lot of good NFC teams right now with 0-1 losses.

I'm amazed how long Jason Hanson has been in the league. He's the only Lions Field goal kicker I've ever known, and I've been a Lions fan since 1996ish.

ulises3000

Smash Ace
NNID
Ulises3000
3DS FC
1951-1622-8058
Switch FC
SW-4892-0521-2326
Even though Dez Bryant was a huge part of helping the Cowboys come back, he pretty much ruined their chances at actually getting the win. Dropped the 2 point conversion to go to OT and then took too long to get to the line and get another play off to get the field goal closer. Atleast it shows that the Cowboys can probably keep up with great teams like the Ravens.

In other news Cleveland finally got a win.

Berserker Swordsman

Smash Lord
NNID
KiteKIrby
I have to say I'm amazed at the amount of talent it takes to continuously call plays that have been unreliable since Week 2, and to still blow 4th quarter leads. Oh well, if trends continue, the Eagles will be the first loss the Falcons take on the season.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I can say I was pleasantly surprised with the Jets this week. What with the Colts overtaking Packers last week, I was sure Jets would have fallen too.

Goes to show you these teams aren't as bad/good as they may let on.

M@v

Subarashii!
Colts haven't played the Steelers. They beat Green bay last week.

In other news, Dan Baily makes me sad. Bengals AND ravens could of lost this weekend too :(

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Oh yeah. I keep mixin up teams. I do the same thing with bengals and browns.

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
Welp, miracles only work once, I guess. The Colts suck again. So many wrong picks this week >_>

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
This just in- BYE already has a 6 point advantage over the chiefs next week! *cries in a corner*

Pioli needs to go, as much as it pains me to say we need a new direction

:phone:

Jem.

Smash Master
I'm still shocked that the Seahawks were down by 13 in the 4th quarter and pulled the comeback off. Our D should have had 4-5 INTS too but dropped a few. Earl Thomas dropped a free pick six :p. Hopefully people will shut up about Russell Wilson for atleast a week. He had an incredible 3rd down run in the first quarter where no one was open so he stepped to the left, then rolled out to the right, shrugged off a shoulder hit from Mayo, and then got the first down on a touchdown drive. Was beautiful. Not to mention the multiple on the money passes he threw.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Very disappointed in the 49ers performance today. Though I didn't get to watch the game due to work. Hopefully analysis articles will tell me what went wrong. Today was just a bad day in general.

Jem.

Smash Master
Whenever no one thinks the Giants can win, they do. That is the problem. Everyone had already booked the 49ers as the best team in the NFC, probably going to the Superbowl, Alex Smith is elite blah blah. Skip Bayless said "Alex Smith is turning back into Alex Smith right now." during the game haha.

And it is a glaring problem. Alex Smith seems to struggle to play from behind, except during the Saints in the playoff game. But besides that he struggles to make comebacks.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
He had 4 4th quarter comebacks last year. I don't think that's the problem as much as...well like I said, I didn't watch the game so I can't say much.

Jem.

Smash Master
When the 49ers aren't running well, the offense isn't operating as fluently. As a Seahawks fan I watch all the teams in my division very carefully. Alex Smith isn't ready to carry an offense like Brady/Manning/Rodgers/etc can. Everyone has some good 4th quarter comebacks. Russell Wilson isn't an elite QB now for making a 13 point 4th quarter comeback. Everyone gets some 4th quarter comebacks once in awhile. 49ers suck at playing from behind lol cause then they can't have people biting on play action from their RB's

Gold Dart

Smash Apprentice
Even though that last game was so disappointing, I'm still looking forward to playing against
Peyton and the Broncos tonight.

Jem.

Smash Master
Lol @ How the media is twisting the report to make it sound like Sherman was trash talking for no reason. Always have to protect precious Tom Brady. Sherman was playfully trash talking like defensive players do during tv timeouts "I'm gonna get you Brady, keep trying me" and then Brady said "See me after the game when we win."

Well, Richard Sherman was just doing what Tom Brady told him to..

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I mean, Brody has done talked "condifently" before, such as before SBXLII, he said that they would score or win by more that 14 points, or something akin to that. That's just the Brady persona.

But I don't think anyone should be demonizing Brady's opponents for their actions if they're only delivering the same medicine. Trash talking is healthy and I think it spruces up a bland, politically correct organization. I mean, seriously, what fun is there in having games, and nothing in between?

I'm looking forward to Manning to Thomas for awesome fantasy points :awesome:

Same here, buddy. Nelson killed it for me and earned my win. Now whatever I get is icing on the cake. I could potentially get the highest score in the league for this week if Thomas gets what he got last week. Crossing fingers. :troll:

M@v

Subarashii!
who would've thought that the last undefeated team in the NFL is the Falcons?
6-0 doesn't mean crap when they will lose first round of the playoffs.

P.S. There may be hope for the Steelers yet, as it would appear the AFC North has turned into the NFC west of two years ago, since cinnci is only 3-3 compared to our 2-3(We play them Sunday night, so its a MUST win for us), and baltimore's defense has more injuries than the steelers o-line, AND they have to face a salty texans team next week.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Oh I don't care what was going on, I just found that link on Twitter and found it funny. Hence "lol'.

Also Berserker, having fun editing? You went from "6-1" to "7-1" back to "6-1" in a matter of seconds.

Top Bottom