• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NFL Thread

Jem.

Smash Master
As a Seahawks fan, what happened Thursday was best case scenario. Rams win, but lose their best player in the process for 6 weeks. Keeps the NFC West wide open, while the 49ers should still be the favorites though. But hey, if we can win Sunday, we're 1 game out. On paper, Seattle's D should be perfect to stop Cam Newton. But paper doesnt matter if the play doesn't show up. But I feel like Seattle matches up pretty well with Carolina, especially the Carolina O vs Seattle D, but we'll see. Hoping for a win though to get to 3-2! Our only 2 losses have been games we had a chance in on the road. Yeah we might be "bad" on the road, but its not like we're getting blown out on the road like 2010 or before, they were both to the wire games, and to me the Rams and Cards are much better than the Panthers. We'll see though.

Peeze

Smash Master
As a vikings fan, i don't trust us any week. We may blow this week, but i think we might have it cause we are home and we usually play better at home (omg so does everybody else).
Go vikings

M@v

Subarashii!
Going to the Steelers Eagles game this weekend with Berserker. Its going to be sooooooooooooooooo hype.

Phenomiracle

Smash Ace
Dunno why the media was hyping up the Broncos vs. Patriots. The game was essentially Manning vs. Patriots. It didn't bring the same feeling of excitement all of the Colts vs. Patriots brought.

Man, I'm really going to miss the Manning-on-the-Colts era.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Really? All I heard was just comparisons between Manning and Brady lol. McGahee was doing some quality work until the fumble. That push would have probably given them a chance to take the game.

ulises3000

Smash Ace
NNID
Ulises3000
3DS FC
1951-1622-8058
Switch FC
SW-4892-0521-2326
I didn't see enough of the game to see any bad calls but some people have been complaining about it. Anyways congrats to Drew Brees breaking yet another record.
Anyways, looking forward to tomorrows game with the Texans and the Jets. If the Texans defense does well enough against Sanchez then we can all expect some Tebow in the near future.

Jem.

Smash Master
You wouldn't know the Seahawks won with how a lot of people are reacting in the Seattle area. A lot of people think Russell Wilson should be benched. 19/25, 1 TD, 221 yards, 2 INTS (one a bad pick six, but one was Marshawn clearly bobbling it at the Carolina 20 and lost the ball) with a 50% 3rd down conversion percentage and they want him benched. Unreal. If you told me Marshawn wouldn't get 100 yards and we turned the ball over 3 times (One on special teams, One the pick six, one a bobbled pass from Marshawn) I wouldn't have thought we would win, especially on the road. Maybe Seattle fans are stupid. Wilson looked A LOT better today, and had a 60 yard deep bomb taken away by Giacomini on our offensive line. Giacomini alone cost the Seahawks 75 yards of offense in the first quarter alone.

I think people have this notion that the Seahawks OL is good. When beastmode is always getting hit in the backfield or line of scrimmage, that isn't a good OL.. he just makes them look good. And they apparently think Seattle now has the WR core of Green Bay. "Dude, Flynn did X in GB" Our best WR is probably a 3-4 option in GB..

The commentators were saying after the Rams loss the previous Sunday, at 5:30 AM on Monday he was already studying the Rams game film and finding ways the Seattle offense can exploit the Carolina D and feeding the receivers the info. Whether people believe in God or not, the conviction he has when he talks and the way his teammates respond and his faith in God and that he will find a way to win and get better.. I won't call it Tebow-esque, but he convinces ME that he's going to get better and do all he can. And I most definitely never felt that with Flynn. (And I was at first rooting for Flynn to root the job because he reminded me of Hasselbeck)

M@v

Subarashii!
I was at the game this weekend, and I decided to take this picture for Jem:

Also, shoutouts to Michael fumble Vick.

:troll:

theeboredone

Smash Legend
That guy who kept deflecting passes for Houston is a beast. Tall as Gronk, great pass rusher, and has a 37 inch vertical. No wonder Sanchez kept getting his passes deflected.

M@v

Subarashii!
That guy who kept deflecting passes for Houston is a beast. Tall as Gronk, great pass rusher, and has a 37 inch vertical. No wonder Sanchez kept getting his passes deflected.
That would be JJ Watt, also the current sack leader in the NFL. First time I've watched him on TV live; I can see why he's so hyped up.

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
I think Tennessee should shred CJ's contract and put him back on rookie pay scale. He might run hard again..... Love the dude to death but as a titans fan, I think I've seen enough.

Jem.

Smash Master
Ahhhh curse that Superbowl.. But I'm pretty confident in a couple years if it doesn't happen before than, Seattle will be able to challenge for representing the NFC in the Superbowl. People don't believe me but to me, a players prime isn't until year 6-7. So the Seahawks D is ONLY going to get better, even though they have the #1 defense in the NFL. And without much help from the offense. If our offense gets better in the next couple years or this year.. It's gonna be scary for a lot of teams. Earl Thomas isn't in his prime, Bruce isnt, Kam isn't, Red Bryant isn't, Browner, Sherman, etc :D

Gold Dart

Smash Apprentice
And that's our old sentiments for the real refs :smirk:.

I agree though, they did blow a huge call against San Diego. If I was Gates I would definitely be furious at them.
After being a Chargers fan my whole life and putting up with dumb *** calls made by the real refs for so long, I never wanted to see them come back. If the real refs are just going to keep on picking on the Chargers I may as well just stop watching.

M@v

Subarashii!
I think the Steelers could use TO.

They might need him as an extra lineman at this rate.
We just need to make another Home Depot run to pick up more duck tape and super glue.

EDIT: Steelers for 0-8 on the road this year. I BELIEVE IN THEM!

P.S. Dont blame suisham for this one; it was a super hard kick.

Top Bottom